FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bizarre Corporate Events – Can you beat this?

Bizarre Corporate Events – Can you beat this?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I attended a corporate event today. It was at a posh country hotel/spa miles away from work, and must have cost a small fortune. The morning consisted of endless blurry Powerpoint presentations of incomprehensible lists of acronyms & gobbledygook. After lunch, (which I have to admit was rather good and couldn’t have come soon enough) we split into smaller groups and went off to smaller rooms to discuss various aspects of the pre-lunch gobbledygook. We then reassembled in the main conference hall and discussed the post-lunch discussions. (Are you still following?) Then a group of bongo drummers burst into the room and played whilst we all accompanied them on coloured plastic tubes which they’d handed round the room. After about 25 minutes of this, we split into different smaller groups and headed off to the smaller conference rooms where we’d previously discussed gobbledygook. This time we spent about 40 minutes with a member of the bongo group learning a piece to perform on our bongos. All the groups then returned to the main conference hall and each group played their piece to all the assembled groups. When all the groups had performed, the whole assembly performed together. Proceedings were concluded by a very sincere talk about how the gobbledygook, the acronyms, and the bongo lessons were related, and how they would help us achieve our goals. Then we went home!

I have to say that (despite it’s bizarre and unexpected character) the afternoon was actually a lot of fun!

I’d love to hear of any strange events others have attended.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ooseLipsWoman  over a year ago

Durham-ish

What Did you have for lunch then ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

were they drumming up enthusiasm or doing it to keep you from a post lunch snooze?

@ Lanine - I think you're right.

btw I had the Indian followed by all the tiramisu and cheesecake I could grab.

No other stories of wacky events from anyone?

Was at one of these in the mid 90's which ran along a similar line.

Only we built paper building bricks, and tried to reach the ceiling.

Then sat down and discussed how this could improve our team building.

Stayed in hotel over night and had a day of similar the next day.

It was the evening part as a number of us sat in the lounge having a few drinks.

The rather drink fuelled CEO decided to spice up the evening and played that old fashioned Swinging game.

"Guys give me your room keys......OK ladies pick a key from the bowl"

I was more surprised at how many actually agreed to play the game.

PS I got reported next morning for skinny dipping in the Hotel pool at 3am with a rather nice South African lady from Finance

Blimey, Anton, you were a lucky chappie. My event was nowhere near that much fun!

Forum Mod

We barely get a croissant with our coffee let alone bongo drums

I phoned up one of my colleagues this morning (with on-hook dial)when I got to work this morn. I didn't say anything but just beat-out one of the rythms from yesterday on a large box. She replied in kind.

» Add a new message to this topic