FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Have you ever sent it back?

Have you ever sent it back?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ig bad OP   Man  over a year ago

Up North :-)

You are at a restaurant and the food comes. Its ok but not what you expected from the description. What would you do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *im53Man  over a year ago

Boldon

"You are at a restaurant and the food comes. Its ok but not what you expected from the description. What would you do?"

sent it back on many occations even took it back in to the kitchen my self before, and asked the chef if he wanted me to show him how to do it properly

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have been known to call the waitress over to tell her that the chef needs to sober up before cooking any further that evening. It wasn't appreciated and the manager had to calm to chef down as he wanted a direct confrontation with me.

His food was absolutely atrocious and for £40/head he needed telling.

Needless to say, I wasn't even asked to settle my bill.

By *ig bad OP   Man  over a year ago

Up North :-)

I have refused to pay on a couple of occasions and complained but i always wonder what happens to any further food if you send it back. I like Jim's point of seeing the chief lol bet he didn't smile

By *iggles and BeardyCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Once asked for my Steak Blue at a steak resteraunt.. the waitress came back and said "chef says they don't come in colours!"

Usually have to send my steak back as I like it medium rare: not many chefs get it right as it's usually medium to well done.

before I had my eldest daughter I was training to be a chef (I listened to my mother and did as the dutiful daughter should do while hating every minute of it) but anyway!!

I was taught that the customer is paying for the food the way they like so if they aint happy you have to make them happy, either by serving them EXACTLY what they ordered or get them something they do like. and btw just cos its students cooking does not mean customers give them an easy time - you would think that eating in a college resturant would kind of give the game away that it wasnt gonna be up to the standard of a michelin star.

Anyways I was kind of glad when the doc said I was up the duff cos it got me out of slashing me wrists in dispair at some of the stupid comments we got - along the lines of the wine wasnt cold enough ffs I was cooking food not serving wine that was the waiters or the one where 2 people eating the exact same thing: one said the sauce was too thick the other said it was too thin!?!?!? it came out the same pot at the same time.

But in all the time I have eaten out I have only left my meal a few times and mainy cos it wasnt what I thought I was ordering and I didnt send it back or complain cos it was a good meal just not to my taste

Shona

x x x

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

As a trainee member of the grumpy old women club I always have to send food back if its not right

Seriously folks in the UK have always been rather shy about complaining, but you are paying a lot of money so it should be right.

It's great sending stuff back in the US, as a minimum you can expect to have your bill taken care of and a voucher to the full value of the meal. The voucher is to get you to come back so they can show you it can be better. Now that's customer service.

"Usually have to send my steak back as I like it medium rare: not many chefs get it right as it's usually medium to well done. "

Quite the reverse for me. Mine usually goes back because I like it well done and it usually arrives still bleeding.

Now when they ask me how I like my steak, I say, "well done, very well done - cremated" 9 times out of 10 it's ok

By *im53Man  over a year ago

Boldon

"before I had my eldest daughter I was training to be a chef (I listened to my mother and did as the dutiful daughter should do while hating every minute of it) but anyway!!

I was taught that the customer is paying for the food the way they like so if they aint happy you have to make them happy, either by serving them EXACTLY what they ordered or get them something they do like. and btw just cos its students cooking does not mean customers give them an easy time - you would think that eating in a college resturant would kind of give the game away that it wasnt gonna be up to the standard of a michelin star.

Anyways I was kind of glad when the doc said I was up the duff cos it got me out of slashing me wrists in dispair at some of the stupid comments we got - along the lines of the wine wasnt cold enough ffs I was cooking food not serving wine that was the waiters or the one where 2 people eating the exact same thing: one said the sauce was too thick the other said it was too thin!?!?!? it came out the same pot at the same time.

But in all the time I have eaten out I have only left my meal a few times and mainy cos it wasnt what I thought I was ordering and I didnt send it back or complain cos it was a good meal just not to my taste

Shona

x x x "

dont put college food down

I have taken friends to our local college for a meal a few times and have all ways been impressed by the students there

it was better than some top resterants and a fraction of the cost

By *istress-MazikeenWoman  over a year ago

bolton

I have no worries about sending food back, and my kids hate going out with me, as if it is not right I will complain.

The best one was when I ordered a fillet steak rare, it came well done, called the waitress over and told her it was not cooked to my order, which she promptly replied yes it is, one hell of a difference between well done and rare!!! I did get a new one in the end, and with the added comment, I want fresh chips etc, not just warmed up.

We pay for things and should expect what we pay for...

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

If it's not right it goes back simple!

"You are at a restaurant and the food comes. Its ok but not what you expected from the description. What would you do?"

Yeah ive sent food back a few times, usually because its cold by the time it gets to you lol

By *ignbouncybabeWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

If I'm out with friends/family I will send it back but if I'm out on a date/meet and he's paying then I dont

"Usually have to send my steak back as I like it medium rare: not many chefs get it right as it's usually medium to well done.

Quite the reverse for me. Mine usually goes back because I like it well done and it usually arrives still bleeding.

Now when they ask me how I like my steak, I say, "well done, very well done - cremated" 9 times out of 10 it's ok "

LOL - that's how my family and friends eat theirs, they can't understand how I can eat it bleeding!

If I am presented something completely different to what I have ordered, then I would send it back, and request for the right food to be given to me instead.

If the food is correct, yet not the same as listed on the menu, then I shall query why the substitution.

I would try it first to see if it is edible or to my taste.

If it is, then I shall continue to eat it. Since I eat most things, this is the most likely scenario.

However, if I can't eat it, then I shall send it back, with an explanation why, and request for something else as substitute.

If they decline to provide substitution, I shall pay for my meal and get up and go as soon as possible, and leave a negative feedback on any restaurant review sites where they are listed. And I certainly will not return!

Fair I believe!

yea id send it bck im no

paying 4 shit im no gonna eat

By *ishful.thinkingWoman  over a year ago

east london

The only time I’ve ever sent something back was when my niece ordered a vegetarian meal and it was presented with prawns. She called the waitress back and explained and the waitress’s come back “well it hasn’t got meat in it has it”, we both giggled – did worry a bit about what may have been added to the mix when it was brought back

Only once and mad a fuss so they asked me to leave but i didnt care as they didnt ask us to pay for the drinks.

The way I look at it is that, no matter how bad the meal is, someone somewhere made some effort to prepare and cook it.

Therefore, if it has to be rejected for whatever reason(s), do it with grace and provide meaningful feedback in the hope they will improve.

I don't have time for nit-picking fussy eaters who pay peanuts and expect a 3-star Michelin meal!

We were in a restaurant years ago and one of the guys we were with ordered steak.

When it arrive he found it was as tough as old boots,so he complained that he could hardly cut it.

The waiter went away to talk to the manager who came back with a sharper knife.......Brilliant!

We fell about but our friend wasn't amused!

XXXX

"We were in a restaurant years ago and one of the guys we were with ordered steak.

When it arrive he found it was as tough as old boots,so he complained that he could hardly cut it.

The waiter went away to talk to the manager who came back with a sharper knife.......Brilliant!

We fell about but our friend wasn't amused!

XXXX"

Quality!

I seldom eat steak when I go out as not many places can do a rare Ribeye steak well.

My ex-bro-in-law once complained about his stead being still showing a hint of pink when he asked for it to be well-done. The way he detected the hint of pinkness was to cut it open and held it against the candle on the table - the only light source at the time.

This was at a restaurant of his and his wife's choosing, as my ex-hubby and I knew they are very fussy eaters.

Needless to say, that was the only time we took them out for a meal!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Very rarely i have sent a meal back but i have done it discretely. Myself and three friends went to a place we often go, the meal wasnt up to standard so we explained to her. She was so damn rude i went back the next day and complained about her attitude but did it in a nice way. Result was a free meal for four and bottle of wine free, at the end of the evening we worked out how much it would of cost and it would of been £180 thats what i call a result

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

if i dont get what i like , how i like it it gets send back

send it back end of , their job to cook , my job to munch lol

By *icekatCouple  over a year ago

north east

[Removed by poster at 13/03/10 17:08:20]

By *icekatCouple  over a year ago

north east

"Usually have to send my steak back as I like it medium rare: not many chefs get it right as it's usually medium to well done. "

Ditto. I now ask for a rare steak to get a medium rare one

» Add a new message to this topic