FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ideas and help please!

Ideas and help please!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riendlyfunfem OP   Woman  over a year ago

A world of my own

Ok it my big birthday in June this year and how to celebrate/mark the occasion is the question. Family say a big party with dancing, karaoke etc not my thing to be honest as I know they'll get me a kissogram Maybe a nice dinner with a few close family friends? Or a weekend away in a quite pretty location to chill? I live near Bolton so don't want to travel too far, it also falls in Fathers Day which might be a tad inconvenient. What about a BBQ but who would cook? Depends on the weather, oh the dilemma! Any ideas? suggestions? Anyone know a nice hotel/village/town for a getaway? What did you do for an unforgettable birthday?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

If it wasn`t for it falling on Father`s Day I would have said sod the family, its YOUR birthday and you should be spending the day how you like.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would opt for the weekend away....

If you want to make it special why not go to amsterdam or paris

You can some really good weekend deals

A world of my own

Its difficult, as part of me wants to spend my birthday with family/friends etc but then I also want to do what makes me happy and a bit of me wants to disappear and ignore it to be honest. That's why I am looking for ideas/inspirations. Finances won't run to a weekend in Paris or Amsterdam, maybe somewhere within a 50 mile radius of home might be feasible!

Have a fantastic fun day at a theme park.

With friends and family if ya want and go on all them rides you always been scared of ....

Bite the bullet...take loads of pics and a picnic

A world of my own

"Have a fantastic fun day at a theme park.

With friends and family if ya want and go on all them rides you always been scared of ....

Bite the bullet...take loads of pics and a picnic "

Oooh that wouldn't be any good, I get motion sickness and would spend all day throwin up

Bite the bullet...take loads of pics and a picnic

Oooh that wouldn't be any good, I get motion sickness and would spend all day throwin up "

Pmsl

Bite the bullet...take loads of pics and a picnic "

Why would you take pics with you to a theme park?

Tut.......

take um AT the theme park

Alovely day trawling the streets of york and seeing the sights ?

Or going to the seaside for the day

with donkey rides and candifloss

A world of my own

Actually thought about Chester, can go to the zoo

my mum and sister bought me an image day for my BIG birthday and it has to be one of the best pressies i could evr have had ...was a bit like the trinny and susannah experience but not on TV in front of millions..but i did have to stand in front of a full length mirror in me cossie ....might be worth looking to see if there are any weekend/day experiences like it ?? it certianly made a big difference to the way i feel about myself now ....

By *wned EmCouple  over a year ago

nuneaton

You will need to get away as family and friends may be tempted to arrange a surprise party or something.

I went to the Canaries for the first time on my last big birthday and now can't get abroad often enough.

There are a fair few lovely couples on here who live in various parts of Spain etc who accommodate for short breaks which means you would only have to find air fare which can be cheaper than a day out at the amusement parks these days.

By *istress-MazikeenWoman  over a year ago

bolton

I did different things last year to celebrate mine, had a night in a hotel as a treat from my son,(he does work for a 4 star hotel) then had a meal with rest of family and grandkids on the next day, then did some things that I wanted to do.

Just make a weekend of it and as others have said do what YOU want. Don't let others make you do things you don't wont to do.

A world of my own

Perfect weekend would be locked away in a secluded hotel with my sexy fella for unadulterated horny fun, lol but doubt that will happen

perfect birthday meal is always india gate, think its in horwich but its not exactly a long way from bolton, then drive to blackpool and go to that infamous "hotel"

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

A girl i know for her hen night they hired a big country house with gorgeous waiters to wait on them for the weekend. My friend is the big 50 this year and we havent organized it yet. For another friend we went by limosine to london to see chicargo, now i know that sounds expensive but if you have a 16 seater limo and you split the cost its not that expensive. For my 40th i had a dinner with family then dinner with my bestest friends and then just put some food on at our localx

bolton

why wont your fella take you away, hun..

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

have a duvet day with a sexy hunk ?

A world of my own

Its so difficult, I obviously don't want to spend my birthday alone, but what others think is fun I don't. I always usually end up doing what makes others happy and not myself, but whatever I do I will end up upseting someone, people do tend to forget that it is MY birthday!

I prefer Chinese, not a fan of Indian I'm afraid.

bolton

you have just said it yourself. It is YOUR birthday, you do what you want.

Just tell everyone.... that you are making the decisions, and yes life does begin at 50.... I know it does... having the time of my life now..xxxxxx

your not far from manchester and there is lots to do there!

look at this .....

Eating Out

Many of the city’s restaurants have special early bird and pre-theatre menus if you eat early.

• The Northern Quarter Restaurant, express menus until 7pm, 2 courses £11.95 or 3 courses £14.95. Classic & seasonal food

• Shimla Pinks, early birds & pre-theatre dinners offered for as little as £8.95. Classic and modern Indian cuisine

• Choice Bar & Restaurant, award winning independent modern British restaurant, offers two courses for £12.95 and three courses £15.95 all day Monday to Thursday and until 6pm Friday

• The Grill on the Alley has special lunch menus daily until 7pm

• Modern, located on the observation deck at Urbis, offers a three course pre-theatre menu for £15.50

Getting Around

• Free city centre bus, Metroshuttle service, connects all the main train stations and shopping areas. Look out for the bright coloured buses and stops.

• System One Day Saver ticket is great for travelling further afield. A full day ride on any bus in Greater Manchester - £4.60, Bus & Train - £5.30, Bus & Tram - £5.80, Train & Tram - £6.30 and all three Bus, Train, Tram for £7. Available from Piccadilly Gardens Travel Shop, bus drivers, tram ticket machines and train stations.

Free Attractions

• Magnificent neo-gothic John Rylands Library houses some of the most significant books and manuscripts

• Manchester Art Gallery home to some of the UK’s best art collections, including Pre-Raphaelite, Constable, Gauguin and Turner

• Urbis, exhibition centre focusing on city life, contemporary art & design, the environment and people

• Discover the city’s industrial past at the MOSI (Museum of Science & Industry)

• World history at the Manchester Museum at the University of Manchester

• Imperial War Museum North’s award-winning building by international architect, Daniel Libeskind, is a symbol of a world torn apart by conflict

Shopping

• The Lowry Outlet Mall is a perfect option, with up to 50% off high street prices

• Visit Manchester during Summer (June-August) and Winter (Dec-Jan) sale seasons for bargains galore!

theres a place that does an all you can eat chinese buffet near the dwstadium, cant remember the name but its proper pukka food

"your not far from manchester and there is lots to do there!

look at this .....

Eating Out

Many of the city’s restaurants have special early bird and pre-theatre menus if you eat early.

• The Northern Quarter Restaurant, express menus until 7pm, 2 courses £11.95 or 3 courses £14.95. Classic & seasonal food

• Shimla Pinks, early birds & pre-theatre dinners offered for as little as £8.95. Classic and modern Indian cuisine

• Choice Bar & Restaurant, award winning independent modern British restaurant, offers two courses for £12.95 and three courses £15.95 all day Monday to Thursday and until 6pm Friday

• The Grill on the Alley has special lunch menus daily until 7pm

• Modern, located on the observation deck at Urbis, offers a three course pre-theatre menu for £15.50

Getting Around

• Free city centre bus, Metroshuttle service, connects all the main train stations and shopping areas. Look out for the bright coloured buses and stops.

• System One Day Saver ticket is great for travelling further afield. A full day ride on any bus in Greater Manchester - £4.60, Bus & Train - £5.30, Bus & Tram - £5.80, Train & Tram - £6.30 and all three Bus, Train, Tram for £7. Available from Piccadilly Gardens Travel Shop, bus drivers, tram ticket machines and train stations.

Free Attractions

• Magnificent neo-gothic John Rylands Library houses some of the most significant books and manuscripts

• Manchester Art Gallery home to some of the UK’s best art collections, including Pre-Raphaelite, Constable, Gauguin and Turner

• Urbis, exhibition centre focusing on city life, contemporary art & design, the environment and people

• Discover the city’s industrial past at the MOSI (Museum of Science & Industry)

• World history at the Manchester Museum at the University of Manchester

• Imperial War Museum North’s award-winning building by international architect, Daniel Libeskind, is a symbol of a world torn apart by conflict

Shopping

• The Lowry Outlet Mall is a perfect option, with up to 50% off high street prices

• Visit Manchester during Summer (June-August) and Winter (Dec-Jan) sale seasons for bargains galore!"

the urbis is closed now isnt it?? there changing it to the national football museum arnt they

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

ASk your family/freinds what they would like to do for your birthday ask them to organise and pay in lieu of pressies

And then dissapear with your fella

By *eprobatepairCouple  over a year ago

london

Why not bugger off here for the night before? http://www.gibbon-bridge.co.uk/ just up the road from Bolton and as peaceful as it gets. Then have a party on your birthday itself

A world of my own

"ASk your family/freinds what they would like to do for your birthday ask them to organise and pay in lieu of pressies

And then dissapear with your fella"

Haha, well my family will expect me to organise and pay for a party thats for sure. There is a fantastic Chinese in Worsley but if I said I was having my birthday there they would say its too far and too expensive and 'why don't you have it somewhere closer to us?' If it was up to them it would be at the local Labour Club and I'd be doing my own catering!

ohhhhh this is your birthday not theirs!

tbh thats why I went away for my 50th, because I knew that if I stayed at home a party would be expected and I would have finished up doing the work

Think of what a party would cost and spen it on yourself

If they want a party let them do it

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

What about a day or two at the last drop - you could pamper yourself during the day - perhaps meet your family for a meal at night? Z

A world of my own

Definitely lots of ideas and stuff to consider/mull over etc, thanks to all x

A world of my own

"tbh thats why I went away for my 50th, because I knew that if I stayed at home a party would be expected and I would have finished up doing the work

If they want a party let them do it"

Thats exactly why I am considering a few days or even just a night away

"tbh thats why I went away for my 50th, because I knew that if I stayed at home a party would be expected and I would have finished up doing the work

If they want a party let them do it

Thats exactly why I am considering a few days or even just a night away "

So do it hun, you're only 50 once and a big girl now and can do what you want to do

» Add a new message to this topic