FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > So strange

So strange

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My son watched his faverite film last night, i knew what it was but he was telling me all about it. Hes into all modern music and stuff ive not heard of. But he does amaze me that his favourite film is unusual for a 19 year old. is The Ray Charles film. Think i will buy him it for easter

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I haven't seen that movie myself, but I would imagine that it does have some substance to it as it's about Ray Charles life which may be why it appeals to your son. When I was around your son's age one of my favourite films was A Matter of Life and Death with David Niven, a real oldie but definitely a great film.

x

So long as it isnt a veiled hint at a massive heroin adddiction and failing eyesight diamonds lol

I don't think it's so unusual for a 19 year old to show that kind of appreciation for such a film, I did a media course as a mature student years ago where we studied a wide range of film, most of the other students had just left school or 6th form, and I'm sure they had their eyes opened to the merits of black & white films and the more recent but less mainstream ones. That he has done this independently might indicate he would be a good film student

» Add a new message to this topic