FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mischief Night

Mischief Night

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Do kids still do this near you? Or is it now just anti social?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Never heard of it, explain.

Bradford

"Never heard of it, explain."

I'll just just Wikipedia....

Mischief Night (also known as Devil's Night in Detroit, Cabbage Night, Gate Night, Mizzy Night, Goosey Night, and Miggy Night (in parts of England)) is an annual tradition in parts of the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States when people (primarily teenagers and preteens) take a degree of license to play pranks and do mischief in their neighbourhoods. The most common date for Mischief Night in England is November 4th, the day before Bonfire Night, and in North America is October 30, the day before Halloween.

New one on me not heard of this either

"New one on me not heard of this either "

Maybe we're not mischievous in Suffolk?

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Don't see it so much now or at least I don't see it where I live but when I was a kid we always did mischief night on October 30th doing daft things like swapping neighbours gates and moving garden gnomes. It was always just harmless fun

Bradford

"Don't see it so much now or at least I don't see it where I live but when I was a kid we always did mischief night on October 30th doing daft things like swapping neighbours gates and moving garden gnomes. It was always just harmless fun "

We always did the 4th.

We mainly just stole dustbin lids

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

We never had it when I was a kid although Tuesday nights used to be our time for letting off steam after being little angels at Cubs by Cherry Knocking on the short gardened terraced houses on the way home

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"Don't see it so much now or at least I don't see it where I live but when I was a kid we always did mischief night on October 30th doing daft things like swapping neighbours gates and moving garden gnomes. It was always just harmless fun

We always did the 4th.

We mainly just stole dustbin lids"

Lol we was too busy on the 4th pushing round some manky clothes stuffed with hay in a wheelbarrow asking for a penny for the guy

Bradford

Bumping this up, as it's tonight

Round here its the day before halloween

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

We used to do it. We used to switch around peoples metal gates - they were all the same size but different patterns - and we used to put syrup on door furniture and tie fishing line to knockers and hide round the corner and knock. We used to move any garden ornaments and furniture to different gardens.

One year we graffitti'd a neighbours caravan with lipstick, not realising that it wouldn't clean off completely and they'd be stuck with it for keeps!

See that's silly mischief not like it is round here ive counted 6 houses on my street with smashed windows on Friday morning

» Add a new message to this topic