FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is it a gift?

Is it a gift?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *i 1 Get 1 Free OP   Couple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

Just watching “Psychic Sally” now, normally, I'm not taken in by mediums, but how the heck did she know such personal information?

Is it a gift, or is it a clever scam?

The one issue I have with mediums is, if it's a gift they have, why do they charge as fee?

I know from my OH experience, many people are troubled when a loved one passes on, and seek to find an answer / speak to those who've passed, surely then, if one is given such a talent one would use it free of charge in an attempt to assist those left behind wondering.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

Why should they not charge???

They have bills like the rest of us and have to eat!

I think there are alot of fakes, as in any profession - but those that really do have a gift - well good on them for sharing with others and putting alot of peoples minds at rest.

xxx

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

I'm sceptical and would have to experience it and have someone tell me things known only to me. Once went to a medium who kept asking questions, all I said all through the sitting was 'you tell me' he was none to happy I can tell you!

birmingham

"Why should they not charge???

They have bills like the rest of us and have to eat!"

Sorry debs, but your argument doesn't hold water (no offence ) lots of people hold down full time positions yet still find the time to do voluntary work, in the evenings and at weekends.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just watching “Psychic Sally” now, normally, I'm not taken in by mediums, but how the heck did she know such personal information?

The one issue I have with mediums is, if it's a gift they have, why do they charge as fee?

I know from my OH experience, many people are troubled when a loved one passes on, and seek to find an answer / speak to those who've passed, surely then, if one is given such a talent one would use it free of charge in an attempt to assist those left behind wondering. "

My mother went when my dad passed on and it was scary what she was told so don't knock it totally.

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

They are very clever and can gain info from you without you realising it

Notting

"Why should they not charge???

They have bills like the rest of us and have to eat!

Sorry debs, but your argument doesn't hold water (no offence ) lots of people hold down full time positions yet still find the time to do voluntary work, in the evenings and at weekends. "

Well i am sure that some probably do!

(heehee - not that i have met any)

Depends if they are doing it part time or as a full time job dunnnit

I suppose just cos i dont expect anything for free (was always told there no such thing as a free lunch) that i dont see why they shouldnt charge.

Am sure that they do plenty of evenings in churches and stuff that are open evenings (The bloke i been reading about did anyways).

xx

birmingham

"Am sure that they do plenty of evenings in churches and stuff that are open evenings (The bloke i been reading about did anyways).

xx"

Well, we'll agree to disagree on this one mwahhhhhhhh xxxxxxx

Thing is, how come they don't egt a message when shopping / passing people in the street, etc., etc., they only ever seem to get a message when money is involved

The vast majority (I think) go to a medium when they have lost a loved one, so the medium will already have a fair idea of what they want to hear.

Notting

"Am sure that they do plenty of evenings in churches and stuff that are open evenings (The bloke i been reading about did anyways).

xx

Well, we'll agree to disagree on this one mwahhhhhhhh xxxxxxx

Thing is, how come they don't egt a message when shopping / passing people in the street, etc., etc., they only ever seem to get a message when money is involved

"

Hehehehe

How do you know they DONT get messages while out shopping????

Must be a bloody noisy life then hey!!!!

I thought the voices in my head were bad enough, lol - but at least i know who all they are

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

Derren Brown has shown how info can be wheedled out of people through body language etc, and has "demonstrated" his psychic powers to people who still chose to believe he really was in touch with "the other side" despite him declaring that he has NO psychic abilities.

We will always be searching for answers as to what happens when we die, and many people believe that we will live on after death, we don't want to hear that we'll just be worm food. Such susceptibility is money in the bank to so-called psychics.

That said, Derek Acorah deserves every penny of his pay cheque for his "Mary loves Dick" message, pure gold!

We watched that Derek Acorah a few months back. What a faker lol... him and his little spirit guide ... why did he keep looking over his shoulder to 'speak' to his guide? ... if his guide was not of this world he wouldn't fookin stand behind him would he, he wouldn't think, "better stand behind Derek as the audience might not see properly."

Am I sceptic? Yup, for sure.

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"Just watching “Psychic Sally” now, normally, I'm not taken in by mediums, but how the heck did she know such personal information?

I know from my OH experience, many people are troubled when a loved one passes on, and seek to find an answer / speak to those who've passed, surely then, if one is given such a talent one would use it free of charge in an attempt to assist those left behind wondering. "

It's a scam called cold reading. Easily learnable.

Merseyside

"They are very clever and can gain info from you without you realising it "

True. As I have said it is called cold reading. Derron Brown uses it a lot in his shows.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

I went to a medium once.

Took one look at her and said

"Noooooooooooo Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy are you a medium, you're fecking huge.

Forum Mod

"

I went to a medium once.

Took one look at her and said

"Noooooooooooo Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy are you a medium, you're fecking huge.

"

very Jimmy Carr

"thankyou sam" pmsl

i was sittin in a pub one nite when the old guy beside me started chattin i didnt know he was a medium, we were just in the pub i didnt know him from adam. he told me stuff that no one could know such as silly stuff from my childhood me and my best pal digging all the time we loved to pretend we were archeolgists! and that im a closet ginger which i am but you cant notice not even my closest friend now and stuff about family and dead ones and their habits! he had me in tears and wouldnt even accept a drink!

xx

"i was sittin in a pub one nite when the old guy beside me started chattin i didnt know he was a medium, we were just in the pub i didnt know him from adam. he told me stuff that no one could know such as silly stuff from my childhood me and my best pal digging all the time we loved to pretend we were archeolgists! and that im a closet ginger which i am but you cant notice not even my closest friend now and stuff about family and dead ones and their habits! he had me in tears and wouldnt even accept a drink!

xx "

Ferk me, last time I approached a woman in the pub and called her a closet ginger, I was slapped, no offer of a drink there.

Notting

If it is a scam that is so easily learnable - how come you not got so many pshycics as plumbers???????????????

Merseyside

"If it is a scam that is so easily learnable - how come you not got so many pshycics as plumbers???????????????"

Who knows why. Cold reading is learnable. Derron Brown repeatedly says in his show he may appear to be psyhcic but he isn't. He also says their is no such things as psychics.

Notting

And how come so many lawyers are not electricians???

Brick layers as plumbers???

Doctors as hairdressers????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm???

With whatever gift we have in life - surely we should be allowed to persue it???

I would rather pay a medium £30 for a silly tale than a layer £150 to tell my husband he not allowed in 150 yards of my house.

Its all relative.

Sorry. My opinion. And i am sticking to it. xxx

» Add a new message to this topic