FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What is the most overrated song?

What is the most overrated song?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *UNCHBOX OP   Man  over a year ago

folkestone

After reading with amazement somewhere that U2 won 3 grammy's for the awful(IMO)song Beautiful day, what is your most overrated song?.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Agadoo it's bloody awful!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Imagine - John Lennon.

It's an ok song but not brilliant and I think it's a little dreamlike and naive with it's message of peace amongst men. Never been a great Beatles fan at all tbh and think most of their songs are over-rated.

Just my opinion, of course.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Anything by that ga ga woman or amy whinehouse

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Angels by Robbie Willams, cant stand the song (althouh do end up singing along with it )

Whiter shade of pale.

Even the composer says it's a load of nonsense

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Let it be, a kid could have written it.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Do they Know it's Christmas

Course they do, Ethiopia is a Christian Country

anything by jacko

Amy Winehouse - Rehab .. man I hate that song!

Ooooh so many people are gonna hate me for this....

LADY IN RED!!!

When I started reading this thread I had no idea what I would have picked then I realised not one song mentioned so far have I liked - even tho my eldest daughter was born to Angels, just my luck a song I detest on the radio when she was resusitated (yes I know thats not how you spell it but I cant be arse with spell check tonight) Ohh and others I think are over rated are Leona Lewis (she won a game show ffs she is not a diva) in fact any of the "winners" of X Factor Miley Cyrus ffs love your dad is the achy breaky heart guy

I could go on but Im not really in a moaning mood.

Shona

x x x

the best - tina turner

Got to be be Bryan Adams,Everything i do(i do it for you)

That has got to be the most annoying song ever.

Candle in the Wind...makes me want to smash the piano lid down on Elton's fingers: and I'm such a placid soul!

"When I started reading this thread I had no idea what I would have picked then I realised not one song mentioned so far have I liked - even tho my eldest daughter was born to Angels, just my luck a song I detest on the radio when she was resusitated (yes I know thats not how you spell it but I cant be arse with spell check tonight) Ohh and others I think are over rated are Leona Lewis (she won a game show ffs she is not a diva) in fact any of the "winners" of X Factor Miley Cyrus ffs love your dad is the achy breaky heart guy

I could go on but Im not really in a moaning mood.

Shona

x x x "

Enjoyed ur post!

"Candle in the Wind...makes me want to smash the piano lid down on Elton's fingers: and I'm such a placid soul! "

ooooooooooo I love the original love winding up the kids by playing at full volume and singing along at the top of my voice mind you the RSPCA phoned a few times and asked (quite politely) if I could stop torturing the poor cat cos the neighbours were complaining

Shona

x x x

"Candle in the Wind...makes me want to smash the piano lid down on Elton's fingers: and I'm such a placid soul!

ooooooooooo I love the original love winding up the kids by playing at full volume and singing along at the top of my voice mind you the RSPCA phoned a few times and asked (quite politely) if I could stop torturing the poor cat cos the neighbours were complaining

Shona

x x x "

Lol what do kids know?

Mine think I've lost my mind and should be sectioned when I'm dusting to I'll Always Love You! Eat your heart out Whitney lol!

By *zMaleMan  over a year ago

penzance

"Imagine - John Lennon.

It's an ok song but not brilliant and I think it's a little dreamlike and naive with it's message of peace amongst men. Never been a great Beatles fan at all tbh and think most of their songs are over-rated.

Just my opinion, of course."

At last we agree on something

Couldn't agree with you more

See thats the thing Sassy kids have no idea how great we really are, sectioned indeed how very dare they

Ohh and thank you Fmuma I just read your post on the Jedward song (on the under rated songs thread) OMG how do I burst my eardrums to get it out my head?? now thats something I hope to NEVER hear again, but sadly I fear I will be out shopping one day and be bombarded with it

Shona

x x x

penzance

Shaduppa your face........kept Vienna from No1.........GGRRRRRRRRR

Fight For Your Love by Cheryl Cole!

penzance

"Got to be be Bryan Adams,Everything i do(i do it for you)

That has got to be the most annoying song ever."

Means alot to me

penzance

"Fight For Your Love by Cheryl Cole! "

OUCH thats cruel

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Shaduppa your face........kept Vienna from No1.........GGRRRRRRRRR "
oh lord id forgotten about that one il GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR with you there

"Fight For Your Love by Cheryl Cole!

OUCH thats cruel "

Sorry, she is not exactly the best singer about.

However, she looks good, I'll give her that much!

"Shaduppa your face........kept Vienna from No1.........GGRRRRRRRRR oh lord id forgotten about that one il GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR with you there "

I was 15/16 at the time when that stupid song was No. 1, happy days!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

unchained melody- by anyone thats covered it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

"unchained melody- by anyone thats covered it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

OMG I had forgotten about that one but then I thought I was the only person in the whole world who hates it with a vengence - I even watch Ghost with the sound muted when it comes on!!

Ohh and anything by Elvis Presley - I understand he was the right person at the right time but after hearing the complete collection for the 1 millionth time I want to kill myself just to get a bit peace hell even Spice Girls starts to sound ok by then

Doesnt help I live with the number one elvis fan.

Shona

x x x

penzance

"unchained melody- by anyone thats covered it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

OMG I had forgotten about that one but then I thought I was the only person in the whole world who hates it with a vengence - I even watch Ghost with the sound muted when it comes on!!

Ohh and anything by Elvis Presley - I understand he was the right person at the right time but after hearing the complete collection for the 1 millionth time I want to kill myself just to get a bit peace hell even Spice Girls starts to sound ok by then

Shona

x x x "

He is dead.......thank fook for that

I don't that nastily......just means he can't make anymore records or tracks whatever they're called these days

"unchained melody- by anyone thats covered it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Shona

x x x

He is dead.......thank fook for that

I don't that nastily......just means he can't make anymore records or tracks whatever they're called these days "

its a shame robby fecking williams is still breathing

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Anything that Paul McCartney has churned out over the last few years, childish 'rhymmes' with annoying music. Z

Just had a look at some of the answers and felt I had to add my opinion as a bit of a music 'buff' (if that's the right term )

I noticed that the first reply mentioned Agadoo, but I don't think anyone would 'rate' that song anyway would they? It's famous precisely because it's so annoying and irritating

As it happens I had a text from a friend just a short tme ago in which she used the word atmosphere (although she actually said atoms phere, which I thought rather hilarious), straight away that bloody awful Russ Abbot song from the 80s popped into my head

BUT....by far THE most irritating song I have ever heard IS the one that goes

"When you get caught between the moon and New York City, the best that you can do is fall in love"......WTF is that sposed to mean, can anyone tell me?

As for most over-rated, yeah I'd have to agree with 'Imagine', if anyone else had written that song it would've been dismissed for what it is, naive bullshit. That said, I've just gone back and noticed that Lady in Red got a mention so now I'm not sure

By *wned EmCouple  over a year ago

nuneaton

National Anthem! It lacks musical and lyrical interest and yet its still around all these years. Think we should get a new one. Definitely over rated!

your beautiful james blunt.complete crap

The song that Joe Mcdonald's lad sang, anyone remember it, it reached number two at Christmas.

By *UNCHBOX OP   Man  over a year ago

folkestone

"Just had a look at some of the answers and felt I had to add my opinion as a bit of a music 'buff' (if that's the right term )

I noticed that the first reply mentioned Agadoo, but I don't think anyone would 'rate' that song anyway would they? It's famous precisely because it's so annoying and irritating

As it happens I had a text from a friend just a short tme ago in which she used the word atmosphere (although she actually said atoms phere, which I thought rather hilarious), straight away that bloody awful Russ Abbot song from the 80s popped into my head

"When you get caught between the moon and New York City, the best that you can do is fall in love"......WTF is that sposed to mean, can anyone tell me?

As for most over-rated, yeah I'd have to agree with 'Imagine', if anyone else had written that song it would've been dismissed for what it is, naive bullshit. That said, I've just gone back and noticed that Lady in Red got a mention so now I'm not sure "

Noticed you mention Russ Abbott's atmosphere. Did you know(i didnt till i read it in a magazine), that he brought the performing rights to the song, and refuses to let any radio station play it because he considers it to be a 'dire representation of his talents'.

"Just had a look at some of the answers and felt I had to add my opinion as a bit of a music 'buff' (if that's the right term )

As for most over-rated, yeah I'd have to agree with 'Imagine', if anyone else had written that song it would've been dismissed for what it is, naive bullshit. That said, I've just gone back and noticed that Lady in Red got a mention so now I'm not sure

Noticed you mention Russ Abbott's atmosphere. Did you know(i didnt till i read it in a magazine), that he brought the performing rights to the song, and refuses to let any radio station play it because he considers it to be a 'dire representation of his talents'. "

does he realy think anyone would play it if they could

He probably bought the rights to the song so it wouldn't appear in any of those 'worst 10/20/50/etc' lists it might qualify for on the TV. In fact I seem to remember watching a programme about comedy songs where it was mentioned as an ironic twist (comedian trying to be serious )

» Add a new message to this topic