FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Jobs

Jobs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riendlyfunfem OP   Woman  over a year ago

A world of my own

What would be your ideal job? The one thing you would love to make a living from? And did you ever expect to be in the job you are in now? I would love to be an archaeologist or a forensic scientist. If someone had told me a fews years ago I'd end up in the job I'm in now I would have said 'never in a million years' I work for a Funeral Director!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I actually think im in my ideal job... But loved working with kids with special needs and those with complex needs also.

Always loved archaeology and ancient history and like fem ...forensic.s

spookey !!!!

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

Well, i'm currently training to be a mtb/cycle instructor/trail leader so i can teach and lead groups of children and adults.

I've found i really, really enjoy it & the look of achievement on the kids faces when they get it right is fantastic.

Thing is, i've just landed a regular job as well so juggling the two is going to be tricky!

I always find it really difficult to think about what I would like to do if I wasn't what I do no.

I think that's because I love what I do. My currently industry might not be the best but the job I do is brill.... even if I do moan about it sometimes

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

have been thnking of jobs recently as i kind of fell into mine and dont get me wrong i enjoy t but ts not fulfilling

have always wanted to work with children, partcularly those with special needs so am going to a local job fair this moth to see whats ut there and how to get a foot n the door

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

"have been thnking of jobs recently as i kind of fell into mine and dont get me wrong i enjoy t but ts not fulfilling

have always wanted to work with children, partcularly those with special needs so am going to a local job fair this moth to see whats ut there and how to get a foot n the door "

Why not try volunteering if you can find the time?

That's what i did and the organisation paid for my CRB check as well. I'm down for several qualification courses and all i had to do was volunteer a minimum of 20hrs per course & i've done loads more than that. I've really enjoyed working with the kids and it's so fulfilling.

"have been thnking of jobs recently as i kind of fell into mine and dont get me wrong i enjoy t but ts not fulfilling

have always wanted to work with children, partcularly those with special needs so am going to a local job fair this moth to see whats ut there and how to get a foot n the door "

And health and social care are after people too.

check the ads out on the tv or online vacancies

good luck

weve both got the best jobs in the world and make a difference everyday

"What would be your ideal job? The one thing you would love to make a living from? And did you ever expect to be in the job you are in now? I would love to be an archaeologist or a forensic scientist. If someone had told me a fews years ago I'd end up in the job I'm in now I would have said 'never in a million years' I work for a Funeral Director!"
a dj on a classic rock station

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

have always wanted to work with children, partcularly those with special needs so am going to a local job fair this moth to see whats ut there and how to get a foot n the door

And health and social care are after people too.

check the ads out on the tv or online vacancies

good luck "

cheers hun, will check things out

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

I always wanted to do what i do since i was about 4yrs old.

Time has come in my life where i have had to move etc and have thought about what other jobs i would like to do,

and you what ..... i have no fecking idea.

And anything that i would consider would mean lots of training

Oooooh I'm not sure if I'd change my job, I work when I please, come and go as I please, take days off as and when it suits me ..

Naa I'll stick with it. if I can get another 15 years under me belt, until I get my free bus pass, I'll be happy

I'm very lucky in that I truly enjoy my job (I'm a civil engineering project manager) and can't imagine doing anything else if it's to earn money. Although if we won the lottery and were simply working for something to do rather to earn the money, I guess I'd go for something like an outdoor pursuit instructor or something.

By *ishful.thinkingWoman  over a year ago

east london

Absolutely love what I do (for the most part) and never in a million years could I have imagined I’d end up in it – work with 3rd level students, mainly overseas – and love every minute of it. Get to do some travelling, have good holidays, understanding managers, fabulous work mates and every day brings something new.

I would love to be a master goldsmith, so that I can make and handle beautiful pieces of jewellery.

An ideal job for me has to be stimulating and fun. Can't work at a place where there is no fun, sorry!

I was interested in the kind of thing I work with forever, I had previous jobs and my hobby just really turned into a job over a period of time.

I wont ever work at anything else although I now own a couple of other businesses my main job takes up the majority of my time, the plan was to retire at 50 but i'm thinking of bringing it forward.

Mrs P. works full time for a charity, I do maybe 15/20 hours a week for charity too, I'm thinking more and more about just selling all of my businesses and going full time for charity.

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

I always fancied being a funeral director but it would have been a little quiet for me. I have been fortunate though I guess and had a couple of dream jobs so won’t complain at my lot.

If I could go back in time and start a career all over again I'd be a criminologist or a criminal profiler. Not sure I'd have the patience to be a forensic scientist but that would be interesting too.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

I totally love the job that I do as I get to work in my jammies and drink champagne.

Like others before would love to have been in forensics

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Funny i am same as fem, first job i ever wanted to do was be anaeogiolist (you will have to translate that bit lol) Now i would like to work with Mind or centrepoint something along those lines

soldier

visiting new countries all over the world

Meeting exciting new people in those countries

Seeing other peoples cultures first hand

Seeing how they live and how different that is from life in this country

Going into thier towns and villages

and killing them

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"What would be your ideal job? The one thing you would love to make a living from? And did you ever expect to be in the job you are in now? I would love to be an archaeologist or a forensic scientist. If someone had told me a fews years ago I'd end up in the job I'm in now I would have said 'never in a million years' I work for a Funeral Director!"

Social worker. Any social workers or ex social workers on here?

Helping out in the changing rooms at Evans (clothes shop for the larger lady). I'd be really helpful - passing the stockings and corsets and suspender belts big silky bras and panties!

Farming...lol...have always been a country boy and would love to give up my hobby farm and go full scale with my own farm shop etc etc.

But no...I ended up doing social work for 10 odd years before re training in time to be made redundant from new career....grrrrrr

» Add a new message to this topic