FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are footballers a bunch of over paid prima donnas?

Are footballers a bunch of over paid prima donnas?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *zMale OP   Man  over a year ago

penzance

Damn right they are

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Damn right they are "
cor blimey your on a roll tonite lol

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

You only get paid what someone is prepared to pay you! 100k a week is a tidy sum but plenty will pay it these days.

penzance

"Damn right they are cor blimey your on a roll tonite lol "

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR I'm on my soapbox lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would play for my beloved Rangers for a working mans salary.

£25k a year Walter Smith can have me.

It will even be an honour to play for nothing.

And yes footballers are paid too much. Each league whether its the EPL, SPL. Serie A, Bundsliga (sp) down to the lower leagues the wages should be capped.

Its getting that past the greedy agents but the authorities should be doing something as greed is crippling the finances of clubs. Look at Portsmouth.

penzance

"You only get paid what someone is prepared to pay you! 100k a week is a tidy sum but plenty will pay it these days."

Exactly what I'm saying a bunch of overpaid prima donnas.

I used to like the game, loved playing it but now I really do hate the whole set up of the game with a passion, what with all the media hype etc. The media sells more copies of newspapers and air time because of the sleazy underhand behaviour of our so called peers. Our youth are looking at these guys and saying well if they can do it so can I.

Politicians - do they give value for money on thier big salaries ?

Bank Managers often earning more in bonuses than top footballers earn ?

Supposedly pop stars like Victoria Beckham who when she started dating David was worth in excess of 30 million (at that time David was worth 5 million)

Alan Shearer went to Newcastle for a massive fee and earned a great percentage of the transfer fee for himself yet within one week Alan Shearer memborabilia like football shirts had already re-couped the money paid out for him.

90 million for Ronaldo but sales relating to him round the world will probably exceed that, not allowing for how much extra he could earn for the club by keeping them in competitions like the Champions League and winning domestic cups.

Rooney is certainly earning a lot more than his very large salary for MU.

I wouldn't class Victoria Beckham as the best singer/performer in the world of music but I would say that at his best David was the best winger in the world and was capapble of earning the club a fortune.

It's a free market economy and grossly unfair to cap a person's earning potential. Any young lad who ever kicked a football knows exactly how good the top players are, what they've had to do to reach the pinnacle of their sport and what they have to do to remain there.

Nobody questions Robbie Williams getting paid £80m by Sony for warbling a few songs but a footballer being paid £5m/year is castigated for it. You can't have it both ways, either cap everyone's wages across the board, which takes unto the realms of state-control, or leave the current pay structure for sportsmen well alone. I favour the latter.

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"You only get paid what someone is prepared to pay you! 100k a week is a tidy sum but plenty will pay it these days.

Exactly what I'm saying a bunch of overpaid prima donnas.

I used to like the game, loved playing it but now I really do hate the whole set up of the game with a passion, what with all the media hype etc. The media sells more copies of newspapers and air time because of the sleazy underhand behaviour of our so called peers. Our youth are looking at these guys and saying well if they can do it so can I."

If you asked are they worth it i would say no. However they bring money into the UK from all round the world so its not a bad thing for England. They are so so sleazy that's true but lets face it they aren't brain of Britain and you throw 100k at any young lad from an estate he will live it up.

If you think players still playing, earning millions and being pretty stupid with it is bad, you should see the guest appearance circuit for old stars who have retired from playing; They're earning a very tidy sum out there, getting wankered for free, shagging whoever happens to offer it on any given night and not a dicky-bird in the newspapers about it.

(I know this to be a fact as my brother is in the inner-circle of the ex-player celeb circuit)

"If you think players still playing, earning millions and being pretty stupid with it is bad, you should see the guest appearance circuit for old stars who have retired from playing; They're earning a very tidy sum out there, getting wankered for free, shagging whoever happens to offer it on any given night and not a dicky-bird in the newspapers about it.

(I know this to be a fact as my brother is in the inner-circle of the ex-player celeb circuit)"

I could phone up the editor of the NOTW tomorrow and come Sunday it will be front page news and not the back page as per normal.

But i don't need the money so my secret is safe

penzance

"It's a free market economy and grossly unfair to cap a person's earning potential. Any young lad who ever kicked a football knows exactly how good the top players are, what they've had to do to reach the pinnacle of their sport and what they have to do to remain there.

Nobody questions Robbie Williams getting paid £80m by Sony for warbling a few songs but a footballer being paid £5m/year is castigated for it. You can't have it both ways, either cap everyone's wages across the board, which takes unto the realms of state-control, or leave the current pay structure for sportsmen well alone. I favour the latter."

Although Robbie Williams has had and still does have his sleazy moments I would say that he has alot more talent that the majority of footballers. Footballers have to be in the right place at the right time (transfer windows) to be free to be able to sign for given teams. It does not show they are worth the amount of money they get paid it just shows that they are the best player available at that time. Take Man Utd for example, the richest club in the world. They'll pay top dollar for the best players available, just to prevent other teams buying them and hardly ever play them.

Yes it is a free Market economy but to prevent the same teams winning year in year out ad infornitum, the FA should cap top teams money and spread it fairly throughout the leagues.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

*peeps in, sniffs testosterone filled atmosphere, and buggers off again*

penzance

"*peeps in, sniffs testosterone filled atmosphere, and buggers off again* "

Thought you loiked testosterone

penzance

Loiked thats Cornish for liked

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"*peeps in, sniffs testosterone filled atmosphere, and buggers off again*

Thought you loiked testosterone "

i do but i aint staying in a thread on me own with all that flying round, its dangerous

penzance

Thought you loiked testosterone i do but i aint staying in a thread on me own with all that flying round, its dangerous "

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR cum and get it

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Thought you loiked testosterone i do but i aint staying in a thread on me own with all that flying round, its dangerous

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR cum and get it "

ya can bugger right off il watch from sidelines lol

penzance

Touchlines !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mind what your touching Lots of legsterones as a lady friend once called it

"Take Man Utd for example, the richest club in the world. They'll pay top dollar for the best players available, just to prevent other teams buying them and hardly ever play them."

Man U might have been the richest club in the world but not anymore thanks to the Glazer brothers. They've put the club in hock to the tune of £700m with their refinancing deals. If you watched the game today you will have seen many Man U fans wearing green & yellow scarves. These are the colours of Newton Heath, which was what Man Utd were known as when they were formed all those years ago. United certainly don't have as much money as they once had but they still need to pay good money for the top players to sustain the level of success which will hopefully take the club out of the red. Portsmouth were different, they were paying top wages for a club that had virtually no success and no market brand. It was an unsustainable business model and the taxman had had enough. They had to go, as any business spending more than it earns has to pay the price sooner or later. Will Portsmouth be saved? I hope so. Will the FA save it? I doubt it very much.

Every lad who plays for a football team, whether that is Saturday League, Sunday League, Pub Leagues etc etc has to pay the FA for each yellow and/or red card they get. It's a £10 fine. Can you imagine the cash cow that floods money into the FA's coffers for doing virutally fuck all - millions every season, from kids playing football up and down the country. That's where money should come from to save the bigger clubs in trouble: From the kids who play The Beautiful Game.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

" That's where money should come from to save the bigger clubs in trouble: From the kids who play The Beautiful Game."

wishy, you have made a load of sense upto now , but

are you seriously suggesting that my lad, dirty bugger that he is, and thousands of others like him, continue to pay fines to bail out those responsible for the frace at Portsmouth, eg Storrie on over a £1m a year and Utaka on a reported £80,000 a week?

" That's where money should come from to save the bigger clubs in trouble: From the kids who play The Beautiful Game.

wishy, you have made a load of sense upto now , but

are you seriously suggesting that my lad, dirty bugger that he is, and thousands of others like him, continue to pay fines to bail out those responsible for the frace at Portsmouth, eg Storrie on over a £1m a year and Utaka on a reported £80,000 a week?

"

No, I'm not. It was my way of expressing my utter frustration at the FA for sitting on their arses and doing nothing to assist clubs in preil. I don't agree with the FA receiving money from lads at the lower end of the scale knocking a ball about on a Saturday or Sunday morning but that's how it is and I think the FA should be forced to do more than it does.

penzance

Wishey

We're going to beg to differ on this one mate. We could go on ad infornitum.

I ain't going to fall out with you. with what is after all only a game.

"Wishey

We're going to beg to differ on this one mate. We could go on ad infornitum.

I ain't going to fall out with you. with what is after all only a game."

Yeah, I know. The game is awash with cash, and going to the wrong places it appears. I guess something has to give at some point in the future and things will fall into balance when that happens. Who knows what that will be or when but I feel sure that this level of player payments cannot be sustained for much longer, there has to come a tipping point, and I suspect that may well be when shirts from JJB cost £100 and parents can't afford them anymore, or match tickets are no longer available to the average football fan because corporates have snapped them all up at astronomical prices to pay the player's wages. Something has to give. Soon.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"Loiked thats Cornish for liked "

Flock of Sheep......Cornish for Group Sex.

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

yep paided way to much

football is living on borrowed time as it cannot sustain the amount of money currently being dished out to agents,players,running costs etc.you cant blame the players being offered the stupid wages they are being offered however you can blame the greedy agents who will flog any player to any club weather its in the best interest of the player or not.no club including man u are safe with depts of 700,000000 and rising they better hope that the glazers sell up or that the glazers other buisness dealings do not start to suffer badly

Yes.

Torquay

Not until the Sky money runs out....and that ain't anytime soon

"Not until the Sky money runs out....and that ain't anytime soon"

...Or Sky find somewhere else more lucrative to invest it in.

C,mon Sky!!!

topless womens beach volleyball !!

topless womens beach volleyball !! topless womens beach volleyball !!

you think if I vote often enough they will listen??

"C,mon Sky!!!

you think if I vote often enough they will listen?? "

They might just..

But if you shout REALL REALLY loudly....

BRAZILIAN TOPLESS WOMEN'S BEACH VOLLEYBALL...

..I'll cum anyway so fuck Sky!!

"C,mon Sky!!!

They might just..

..I'll cum anyway so fuck Sky!! "

would there be an inspector required to assess the quality of the "brazilian" ???

"C,mon Sky!!!

They might just..

..I'll cum anyway so fuck Sky!!

would there be an inspector required to assess the quality of the "brazilian" ??? "

Possibly... probably.... Definately!! Although two inspectors are required per match, one at either end.

Torquay

The Premier League is the most watched (TV) football in the world, Sky sell Premier League viewing packages all over the globe.

In the far East alone Sky sold over 38 million Premier League packages in 2009.

English Premier League matches were watched more often than Major League Soccer matches (on TV) for the first season ever in the US last year.

In Holland and Belgium English Premier League matches have outsold their own TV football packages for the last four years.

So no time soon.......

Forum Mod

LOL @ wishy and Plums

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

Must say, I agree with PZmale! But then I thing football is crap anyway!

"Damn right they are "

Yes...yes yes yes yes yes

can name 1 who is over paid £75 grand a week an only scored 2 goals so far

some pay back

» Add a new message to this topic