FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > timewasters an fakes an players

timewasters an fakes an players

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

who would agree that to get rid of fake girls timewasters an general idiots ruining the site that if your not verified in person by a certain time frame your profile should automatically be deleted as these people are ruining a good site( that is losing lots of good genuine people )for the rest

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Talk about pressure LOL.

Some people must be really unlucky though. I've never found any of these timewasters that some people harp on about.

Don't contact them then they cannot waste you're time.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I don't agree.... and I doubt a number of genuine guys who struggle to get a meet would agree they need to be booted of either.

I doubt the couples who just want to see what it's all about and take their time would agree either.

In fact I could carry on listing plenty who wouldn't agree to being forced to meet someone in a set time frame

I find the best way to avoid timewasters and fakes is to take some time to talk... you know, have a conversation with people and suss them out... rather than to rush around desperatly trying to get a shag from anyone who says "hello". (not that this is the only alternative obviously)

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

lots of good people leavin though either through aggresive guys or timewasters not turning up not had it myself but lots of friends who have have had enough specially from aggresive guys as well

"I find the best way to avoid timewasters and fakes is to take some time to talk... you know, have a conversation with people and suss them out... rather than to rush around desperatly trying to get a shag from anyone who says "hello". (not that this is the only alternative obviously)"

Ah, maybe that's where I'm going wrong then. If I was happy to jump into bed with anyone and everyone then I'd find these fakers. Must try harder

"lots of good people leavin though either through aggresive guys or timewasters not turning up not had it myself but lots of friends who have have had enough specially from aggresive guys as well "

If someone is being agressive then they should hit the report button. How does saying people have to have a meet within a set time get rid of people being aggressive?

Another thought, are we too quick to apply the "fakers" title to others?

Are these people really men pretending to be women/just in it for the chase/ time-wasters or do we just take offence easily if we get a knock back or someone changes their mind about meeting?

(I'm using the royal we here as, like I say, I've yet to encounter anybody who I would call a faker)

Each to their own.

Some can take the heat better than the others.

I believe some people are wrongly labelled as timewasters by those who have unreasonable expectations that a "hello" would lead to a shag as Polo mentioned.

I have been called one myself because I said no thank you in my 3rd message, even though I have it in my profile that I was not looking for more playmates at the time. Yet this numpty still sent me a message asking if I would consider meeting him.

I have started to delete and block those who have not bothered to read my profile and send me unsolicited messages now, not just the crude one liners, but also cut and paste messages!

"I have been called one myself because I said no thank you in my 3rd message, even though I have it in my profile that I was not looking for more playmates at the time. Yet this numpty still sent me a message asking if I would consider meeting him. "

I find that so annoying!

" I have started to delete and block those who have not bothered to read my profile and send me unsolicited messages now, not just the crude one liners, but also cut and paste messages! "

I'm doing this more often now too, especially the one who sent me the same cut and paste message no less than half a dozen times despite me telling him before that I wasn't interested. Who is wasting whose time here?!?

Perception is reality.

I started a thread a while back asking people just how many timewasters they had encountered. The vast majority of people who replied in the thread hadn’t encountered more than 2 or 3 in 12 months... some less than that, and I think the most mentioned was 3 or 4. Some people even struggled to count more than 3 in the same number of years.

The only timewasters I have encountered all had verifications for meeting in person. The worst of which I had verified… he went on to mess both me and a group of friends about by failing to show to meets which had required a fair amount of organising.

Encountering the occasional timewaster is part and parcel of being on any site like this… it’s been that way for as long as I can remember.

If someone is encountering LOTS of timewasters… I’d think it was more to do with their approach than the site.

"Encountering the occasional timewaster is part and parcel of being on any site like this… it’s been that way for as long as I can remember.

If someone is encountering LOTS of timewasters… I’d think it was more to do with their approach than the site.

"

Hear hear!

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

Well said Polo!

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

"who would agree that to get rid of fake girls timewasters an general idiots ruining the site that if your not verified in person by a certain time frame your profile should automatically be deleted as these people are ruining a good site( that is losing lots of good genuine people )for the rest "

are you talking about single guys aswell ?

if so there are guys on here that might take over a year or more to get verified because they are dissadvantaged due to the ratio of guys compared to couples / single fem

if you are only talking about single fems then that would be sexist i think puting them under more pressure to get verified than the men or couples

we have been on about 5 sites for a good few years now and timewasters and fakes are abundant , not to mention those that are rude aggresive and insulting

i think it is part of the lifestyle you have to accept and just take it on the chin

you can however become very good at spotting these people within 1 minute of talkin to them

also we turn the whole thing on its head and have a bloody good laugh as they try to conn us with whatever shit they are talking about or what it is they are insulting us about

so in a nutshell we enjoy meeting others for fun , but also enjoy the mail from guys with 14 inch long knobs etc , and the others that say how wonderfull and sexy you are , and within 20 seconds of saying you dont want to meet them call you both a pair of fat ugly bastards that are just fantasists lol

on another thread someone said they enjoy the site for swinging , but also the frindships they have on here , we should add to that the fun you get from dealing with fakers

I dont agree members profiles should be deleted if they are not verified within a certain amount of time, to me verifications mean sod all, some people are 100% genuine but just cant find a meet, more so single guys as there are so many of them, i met a guy who had been on here over a year and had had no meets, but he turned up to our meet, i verified him and because of this got more meets, i think guys just need a break and have that first person to meet them as most wont touch them without verifications

On the other end of the scale i have had guys who are verified let me down, i had one guy who had several verifications call me the morning of our meet to say his mother had died, i then found out he had actually gone to a party with another women instead and how i found that out was i had a invite to the same party, the look on his face tho was priceless

You really cant judge wether someones genuine or not just by verifications alone

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Oh come on without the aforementioned timewasters etc, what would people find to moan about?

OK perhaps lots of other things

"You really cant judge wether someones genuine or not just by verifications alone"

Very true!

Especially when one has control whether to display his/her verification or not, hence there are hardly any negative ones on her!

Oops, typo again, soz!

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"who would agree that to get rid of fake girls timewasters an general idiots ruining the site that if your not verified in person by a certain time frame your profile should automatically be deleted as these people are ruining a good site( that is losing lots of good genuine people )for the rest "

Its a free site so if someone doesn’t like it just leave. If your wanting more committed swingers go find the most expensive pay site you can as the people on there will not be paying to waste time. Just a suggestion for you that’s all if your not happy.

Me well I like a live and let live policy in life and if they are not doing me any harm why worry about reticent maybe swingers joining.

"who would agree that to get rid of fake girls timewasters an general idiots ruining the site that if your not verified in person by a certain time frame your profile should automatically be deleted as these people are ruining a good site( that is losing lots of good genuine people )for the rest

Its a free site so if someone doesn’t like it just leave. If your wanting more committed swingers go find the most expensive pay site you can as the people on there will not be paying to waste time. Just a suggestion for you that’s all if your not happy.

Me well I like a live and let live policy in life and if they are not doing me any harm why worry about reticent maybe swingers joining.

"

Actually im on a few pay sites and i dont find there are any less time wasters on there than the free ones

Infact to be honest i have had more meets from this site than any of the pay sites im am on or have been on in the past

At the end of the day you have to take the rough with the smooth, you'll never get rid of time wasters. and beleive me ive had my fair share of last min cancelations and no shows, but you either put it behind you and move on or pack up! ive felt like packing up many times when ive felt low because of all the knob heads i talk to, it does knock your confidance when you get people cancelling on you a lot but you have to remember the good meets you have had and ask yourself are a few wasters worth putting up with to get the good meets? and to me they are

"who would agree that to get rid of fake girls timewasters an general idiots ruining the site that if your not verified in person by a certain time frame your profile should automatically be deleted as these people are ruining a good site( that is losing lots of good genuine people )for the rest

Actually im on a few pay sites and i dont find there are any less time wasters on there than the free ones

Infact to be honest i have had more meets from this site than any of the pay sites im am on or have been on in the past

At the end of the day you have to take the rough with the smooth, you'll never get rid of time wasters. and beleive me ive had my fair share of last min cancelations and no shows, but you either put it behind you and move on or pack up! ive felt like packing up many times when ive felt low because of all the knob heads i talk to, it does knock your confidance when you get people cancelling on you a lot but you have to remember the good meets you have had and ask yourself are a few wasters worth putting up with to get the good meets? and to me they are "

Now thats a good point even paying doesn't guarantee everyone is 100%. I guess a suck it and see policy is best then

Don't hold with the time waster view though on anyone as they are just picky/selective/cautious people in the main.

"Don't hold with the time waster view though on anyone as they are just picky/selective/cautious people in the main."

depends what you class as a time waster i guess, to me a time waster isnt someone who dont want to meet me because they dont fancy me lol nor is it someone i have spoken to and never arrange a meet with, to me a time waster is someone i have arranged to meet who calls me up with a lie to cancel it, (not someone who cancels with a genuine reason), or someone who just dont show up at all, if people are picky/selective as you have stated they shouldnt arrange a meet with me in the first place, not arrange to meet and keep me on the back boiler incase noone better comes along, then call me up with a lie if ones does, to me thats a time waster

time wasters are every were

i had the biggest waster last sat

the reason he gave that he didnt make

our meet was..he son was in a car smash

now that is a whopper eh lol but fuck

him his lose xx

"Don't hold with the time waster view though on anyone as they are just picky/selective/cautious people in the main.

depends what you class as a time waster i guess, to me a time waster isnt someone who dont want to meet me because they dont fancy me lol nor is it someone i have spoken to and never arrange a meet with, to me a time waster is someone i have arranged to meet who calls me up with a lie to cancel it, (not someone who cancels with a genuine reason), or someone who just dont show up at all, if people are picky/selective as you have stated they shouldnt arrange a meet with me in the first place, not arrange to meet and keep me on the back boiler incase noone better comes along, then call me up with a lie if ones does, to me thats a time waster "

Well to me it’s a funny thing this time waster tag that is often banded round. When does talking to someone develop intro being a time waster. I may chat to people, get to know them a little and then be put off meeting. I have even gone on meets and been put off while there but its far from wasting time more a decision that I don’t want to take things further.

I guess it’s a negative term used by someone for describing another person who doesn’t take things further after a period of time has taken interacting between the two of them. I don’t think I have ever though of anyone as a time waster my self and have been playing since 91.

"time wasters are every were

i had the biggest waster last sat

the reason he gave that he didnt make

our meet was..he son was in a car smash

now that is a whopper eh lol but fuck

him his lose xx "

Ummm, does happen you know. Do you not think it could have been a genuine reason?

no hun it wasnt a genuine reason

if it was that be understandable

but it was all lies xx

"Each to their own.

Some can take the heat better than the others.

I believe some people are wrongly labelled as timewasters by those who have unreasonable expectations that a "hello" would lead to a shag as Polo mentioned.

I have been called one myself because I said no thank you in my 3rd message, even though I have it in my profile that I was not looking for more playmates at the time. Yet this numpty still sent me a message asking if I would consider meeting him.

I have started to delete and block those who have not bothered to read my profile and send me unsolicited messages now, not just the crude one liners, but also cut and paste messages! "

I have the same problem!

I do as you do: delete without opening: saves the hastle!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"lots of good people leavin though either through aggresive guys or timewasters not turning up not had it myself but lots of friends who have have had enough specially from aggresive guys as well "

no offense but isn't making people how to have met people and gotten varified in a certain amount of time an aggressive measure in itself?

so what then makes that any better than what you are complaining about at the moment?

In fact I think the threat of labelling genuine people as timewasters just because people do take there time is the worst sort of agressive behaviour for me....

people will go about there swinging whichever way they please.... be that meeting after 5 months or 5 minutes,

if you don't want to play with the people who want to get to know people and it being a while, you have the choice to walk away.... but dictating to people how they swing or don't swing isn't on.....

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I think we should just shoot them and clean up the problem, trouble is how are we going to define a timewaster?

Could it just be someone who says NO to

you?

I think we should just shoot them and clean up the problem, trouble is how are we going to define a timewaster?

Could it just be someone who says NO to

you?"

To some a timewaster is when you don’t let the guy play with your wife on the first message. We fine that it’s the frustrated ones who use the word as a type of insult.

By *exygirl SexyboyCouple  over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

Timewaster can be defined in so many ways. Weve found nothing but timewasters on this site, people that chat to us then just disappear off into the sunset!! We personally dont mind, we have more going on than to worry about them, but why bother?? Why bother sending a message in the first place, to get a reply to then ignore that person??? We reply to all messages but thats just us, but we dont lose sleep over anyone we just smile and move on!

lol i was accused of being a time waster and fraud the other day, all because i dont show my verifications and i turned a guy down who clearly hadnt read my profile.

Yeah im a fake - but think the 47 verifications prove otherwise!!!

block - delete then perve again!!!!!

"Timewaster can be defined in so many ways. Weve found nothing but timewasters on this site, people that chat to us then just disappear off into the sunset!! We personally dont mind, we have more going on than to worry about them, but why bother?? Why bother sending a message in the first place, to get a reply to then ignore that person??? We reply to all messages but thats just us, but we dont lose sleep over anyone we just smile and move on! "

We would have to agree with that, our hotlist is full of people who have contacted us wanting to arrange a meet, when we tell them they have an open invitation to come and visit us, stay if they want, and as we work from home and have no kids they can come anytime they go into the same sunset, 11 months later and not another word heard from them.

Quite often they are local and can be seen on the "meet today" section or asking for a meet in thier "current status" but you send them a wink and hear nothing.

We have found very few timewasters amongst the single guys though we know some of our friends struggle to find the decent guys here.

"Timewaster can be defined in so many ways. Weve found nothing but timewasters on this site, people that chat to us then just disappear off into the sunset!! We personally dont mind, we have more going on than to worry about them, but why bother?? Why bother sending a message in the first place, to get a reply to then ignore that person??? We reply to all messages but thats just us, but we dont lose sleep over anyone we just smile and move on! "

Probably not a lot of soft swingers on here so when they read your profile fully they are not interested.

By *exygirl SexyboyCouple  over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

Very true Cock and a Box but our profile clearly states what we are looking for, we just cant believe why anyone would waste their time to message us if they then just ignore us. Each to their own on here, some will stay soft most will go full swap thats fine by us, but we do state very very clearly our likes/dislikes. I think its just something we have to deal with and move on, we both for one dont waste a second thought to the timewasters and get to know pretty early on in a conversation whether theyre real and genuine or just a waste of time.

I have found that a lot of the single guys on here are timewasters and that is no reflection on the genuine ones in any shape or form as i have met some lush luvvvvly guy and had a blast.

But as a single fem ( apparently as rare as rocking horse sh*te) i organised a greedy girl night for myself and another fem friend, a months planing 6 guys all up for it, and on the night only 2 turned up!!!! other 4 no where to be seen, and didnt even have the decency to mail and say sorry.

And yeah they saw face pics at the very begining before they said they would appear lol so i know its not cause im a minger

Where are they losing the genuine people to? To a Site that has NO verification at all? Doubt it.

Just avoid the people with suspect or no verifications and it shouldn't wind you up.

This Site is a breath of fresh air to us.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"

Where are they losing the genuine people to? To a Site that has NO verification at all? Doubt it.

Just avoid the people with suspect or no verifications and it shouldn't wind you up.

This Site is a breath of fresh air to us."

Absolutely, if I was as fed up with the site as the OP I would look elsewhere, why get wound up with other members profiles?

i agree with u mate 500% too meny fake and sheep in wolf cloden ,profiles are rubish and so on.this wb site is for happy people to enjoy there life .not posting a ad or people with problems.

"i agree with u mate 500% too meny fake and sheep in wolf cloden ,profiles are rubish and so on.this wb site is for happy people to enjoy there life .not posting a ad or people with problems. "

We are still a community as such, and i for one as a GENUINE member am happy to help out or give advise to someone else who may need it!!

thought you said it was for happy people!!!!

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

So if you have not met anybody and been verified by your certain time frame then you must be fake or a timwaster?

Verifications are easy to fake. Also just because you are verified does not mean you have never wasted anybodys time.

Merseyside

You get timewasters, fakes and aggresive people on all swinging websites and the dating sites too.

Merseyside

"I dont agree members profiles should be deleted if they are not verified within a certain amount of time, to me verifications mean sod all, some people are 100% genuine but just cant find a meet, more so single guys as there are so many of them, i met a guy who had been on here over a year and had had no meets, but he turned up to our meet, i verified him and because of this got more meets, i think guys just need a break and have that first person to meet them as most wont touch them without verifications

On the other end of the scale i have had guys who are verified let me down, i had one guy who had several verifications call me the morning of our meet to say his mother had died, i then found out he had actually gone to a party with another women instead and how i found that out was i had a invite to the same party, the look on his face tho was priceless

You really cant judge wether someones genuine or not just by verifications alone"

I agree plus SOME people are not on here to meet or meet every person who mails them. Some people join to go into chatrooms, on the forums etc. Before you say they should put in their profile they are not looking to meet lot of women and couples do put that but they still get messages asking for a meet.

I remember one couple putting on their profile we are not meeting for a few months due to my wife having an operation and things are sore for her (no the operation was not on her lady bits lol). Yet still one guy e-mailed and asked for a meet. He had the cheek to say I will be gentle lol.

Merseyside

"

You still get timewasters and fakes on swinger websites you have to pay to join.

By *ick and tockCouple  over a year ago

wigan

You still get timewasters and fakes on swinger websites you have to pay to join. "

not everyone is going to meet you. Some you chat to for ages and it never happens. I would only call someone who fails to turn up on a meet without a good excuse a timewaster.

How can you give someone a certian amount of time to get verified?

We met someone not long ago who had been on here for over 6 months and not been verified.

And have to also agree,we are on a pay site and get just as many people mess you around on there as you do on here.

I couldn't DISagree with the OP more. It's a free site and so long as people stick to the rules, they should be allowed to conduct themselves as THEY wish.

If they ain't verified, you have a choice - either contact them or don't contact them.

Can't see a problem with that tbh

By *edhot4blkCouple  over a year ago

York/London/Crantock

we are accused of being timewasters and fakes all the time but strangely enough only by the people we have no wish to meet..

its all laid out in our profile who we wish to meet and who we dont wish to meet, but for some reason sometimes all we recieve is a mail from a person saying "" timewaster "" and nothing else simply coz that person has read our profile and sees he/she/they arent wanted so in turn calls us a timewaster..

also there is another version of the timewaster and thats the clingy hanger on, this will be a guy that says he wants to meet and nothing more than a shag is wanted, so u have that meet and all goes well then u find he is mailing wanting a 1 on 1 without my hubby...as far as im concerned that is not a swinger that is a cheat and a player...

stella..xxxx

not being verified is a bit much

when some of us are trying to get meet but taking longer than others

being single on here is hard enough an a time frame this will not work

Any swing site that you go on there will be a certain number of fakes or persistant timewasters.

After been in the scene for a few years now, using sites like this (which to be fair, I reckon Fabs is the best of the lot that we have been on so far) we would say we have a fair chance of spotting a fake profile.

For starters we would steer clear of any profile that has been on site for a certain time with no verifications... if they contacted us then the ball would be in their court to prove they were genuine.

You just have to develop a sixth sense to sniff the fake profiles out and move on to the plenty of genuine profiles and lovely people that are on this site....and yes, there are thousands.

Steve

We joined eight months ago no intentions of meeting anyone, youngest was only 4 months old when we joined, we said we come on here get to know some folks and see where it takes us we've always been honest in our profile and to the timewasters who mail us asking to meet without reading our profile we've made some great chat friends and have had lots of fun and now we are looking forward to our first meet next week I'd have been very sad if some trufed me out after six months of toe dipping

By *edhot4blkCouple  over a year ago

York/London/Crantock

DJ Rocker..

how can it be hard on this site for single guys us and others likes us just meet single guys..lol..stella..xxx

"DJ Rocker..

how can it be hard on this site for single guys us and others likes us just meet single guys..lol..stella..xxx"

it is very hard been on here for 3 months an no were near a meet but i no it can take time

i ant pushy either not fair for the female i like to get to no them first

don't wanna go off topic on this

The term timewaster has a very varied meaning on this site.

Personally, for me a timewaster is someone who arranges a meet, then doesn't bother their arse to turn up.

Too many people have too high an expectation of what is considered a swinging site.

We are not all Brad and Angie, yet on many a profile, people will not play unless you look like Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp.

Single women are the minority on here and are very picky and choosy as to who they meet.

Also never seen so many Bi-curious women before in my life until I came on here.

That appears to be a get out clause for not meeting single guys

"The term timewaster has a very varied meaning on this site.

Personally, for me a timewaster is someone who arranges a meet, then doesn't bother their arse to turn up.

Too many people have too high an expectation of what is considered a swinging site.

We are not all Brad and Angie, yet on many a profile, people will not play unless you look like Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp.

Single women are the minority on here and are very picky and choosy as to who they meet.

Also never seen so many Bi-curious women before in my life until I came on here.

That appears to be a get out clause for not meeting single guys

"

How can being bi curious be a get out clause for not meeting single men?

A lot of couples/females meet single males others choose not to,its nothing to do if they are bi/bi curious its their choice.

» Add a new message to this topic