FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > David Moyes sacked from Man Utd

David Moyes sacked from Man Utd

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not quite yet, but I reckon before the end of the season

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Taxi for Mr Moyes.

By *uckknowsMan  over a year ago

here

The curse of the baggies strikes again

Maybe but I would put money on José Merino getting the boot first.

"Taxi for Mr Moyes. "

Love that colour underwear!

By *adyH and GrissomCouple  over a year ago

Llantarnum

Not until he gets the poisoned chalice of ' the full support of the Board ' lol

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

Alex Ferguson didn't exactly have an illustrious start,only an illustrious end.

Perhaps patience is a greater requirement,than instant gratification.

"Alex Ferguson didn't exactly have an illustrious start,only an illustrious end.

Perhaps patience is a greater requirement,than instant gratification.

"

Football has changed since then. Its all about the money and instant success now

Patience-The guys gonna be a winner.He did well with little cash at Everton and will sort Man U out "given the time."Ferdinand is well past his sell by date,and a few others.

"Patience-The guys gonna be a winner.He did well with little cash at Everton and will sort Man U out "given the time."Ferdinand is well past his sell by date,and a few others."

Errr the one thing he isn't is a winner I know he didn't win anything with Everton and I don't recall him wining anything at Preston. I am not sure about in Scotland but playing for one of the big 2 he should have won lots but looking he really didn't get much success. The title dithering Dave dubbed by the ever ton fans is apt but fair doo's the guy trys hard and its the taking part that counts.

glasgow

"Patience-The guys gonna be a winner.He did well with little cash at Everton and will sort Man U out "given the time."Ferdinand is well past his sell by date,and a few others.

Errr the one thing he isn't is a winner I know he didn't win anything with Everton and I don't recall him wining anything at Preston. I am not sure about in Scotland but playing for one of the big 2 he should have won lots but looking he really didn't get much success. The title dithering Dave dubbed by the ever ton fans is apt but fair doo's the guy trys hard and its the taking part that counts. "

Monti,you are so seldom right,I would bet my soul,you are as usual once more wrong.

put up an equivalent stake,and we've got a bet.

Moyes should be sacked as look at the form in the premiership this season. He can't attract any big names to the club. Also people say the club is in transition as far as I am concerned they aren't. They got far too many good players for that. However they are missing some key players. All they needed were 2 or 3 midfielders and they could have been fighting on all fronts again. I agree Ferdinand is past his best, but still has 1 more season in him. I thought if they got those midfielders by the start of this season and 2 defenders next summer. United would be the force they were years ago.

Sacking moyes maybe the answer, but can they afford the compensation? As he's still got early 6 years left on his contract.

Moyes will not get the time fergie had . To bed in . The millions of pounds that float about in football now . .Man u can not afford to be out of competitions such as champions league. So will depend on when the panic sets in

They fooked up getting rid of the back room staff that was under fergie.

They had all the experience to assist Moyes

They may as well put a revolving door in the managers office if he goes now, it will take a season to settle into the job. If he's still performing like this in Feb then sack him, but he needs time

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Who really care beside David Moyes and his family?

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

11 seasons hes spent trying to get Everton above and now hes finally achieved it lol

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Hes doing a great job keep going down the league one player team

hasnt Clough been sacked from Derby ?

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Sacking Moyes would be daft. They need stability after Fergie left, not to have six different managers in a couple of years.

Ferguson didn't leave him with a great squad, and then he didn't get much help from the club's messing around with transfers.

If Man U finish 10th or 11th this season, maybe let him go. But I'd bet they'll still be in the top 4 quite comfortably.

"Sacking Moyes would be daft. They need stability after Fergie left, not to have six different managers in a couple of years.

Ferguson didn't leave him with a great squad, and then he didn't get much help from the club's messing around with transfers.

If Man U finish 10th or 11th this season, maybe let him go. But I'd bet they'll still be in the top 4 quite comfortably."

I really dont see them Top 4 this year. They were a one man team with RVP last year. Old Whisky Nose has left Golum a bag of shite and skipped whilst the going was good.

"Not quite yet, but I reckon before the end of the season "

I'm no Manchester United PLC fan but it's worth remembering the shocking start that Sir Alec Ferguson made to his managerial tenure before going on to unprecedented success. It's pretty obvious that the same patience is going to be required with David Moyes - a younger manager at a huge club with a team very much in transition. Whether or not this happens in the ridiculous hire them fire them short term Sky era is another matter ...

It's also worth noting that other major clubs are going through this type of evolution with a new manager (Pellegrini, Mourinho) and other major teams are in the process of 'gelling' with new players this season (Tottenham, Liverpool & too a lesser extent Arsenal) - so perhaps United fans expectations should be lessened for the next 12 months - football is about more than 'United'.

This is Manchester United, he won't be sacked this season. He'll be given time and he'll do ok. Anyone who has actually watched all his games at United will know that the only bad performance was the Derby. Certain key players are off form but you don't become a rubbish footballer over night, form is temporary.

The ABU brigade will all hope this is the start of a slide for United, but I've lived through Fergie having a string of poor results on numerous occassions and people wanting to believe it was the end.

It's still one of the top three squads in the country, he'll strengthen in January, they'll finish top three.

I'm happy for someone to dig this out at the end of the season.

not a man u fan but moyes has to be given time .new players have to be brought in and players like ferdinand who is well passed his sell by date should be cast aside.it was never going to be easy replacing the most successfull manager in man u history and even fergie had more than a few wobbles to begin with and was just a game away from the sack when they played my team and won

"Sacking Moyes would be daft. They need stability after Fergie left, not to have six different managers in a couple of years.

If Man U finish 10th or 11th this season, maybe let him go. But I'd bet they'll still be in the top 4 quite comfortably.

I really dont see them Top 4 this year. They were a one man team with RVP last year. Old Whisky Nose has left Golum a bag of shite and skipped whilst the going was good."

I find that hard to believe as RVP didn't score between early February to mid April and we still one the games. We still have the strikers that can damage sides in the league as well as most teams in Europe and I wouldn't swap them anyone in the league. Maybe michu, but no one else. As for the midfield I think that they are all average players, except for carrick and the reason they succeeded was because fergie can get the best out of anyone. So when he left uniteds form dipped. That's the reason we are conceding so many goals as the balls are going straight through the midfield all the time and you can't expect any defender to compete with that. United will be fine if they sign 3 quality midfielders in January and then start replacing Ferdinand in the summer as I believe he still has a season left in him.

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

David Moyes is the chosen one. He's got a massive allie in the boardroom, and because of that he'll be given time.

I can't help thinking that he's changed too many things too quickly, mainly dispensing with the services of a proven trophy winning backroom staff and replacing them with wannabe's.

A lot of people have said he's inherited a bad squad, but this "bad squad" have just won the championship by 11 points.

He's got to do it his way, and no team can win the league every year.

People were calling for Wenger's head after they lost their first match at Villa and look what's happened since.

By *amswingCouple  over a year ago

york

I can't believe people are already giving David Moyes a hard time!

Look at the great job he did with Everton:

In 11 years in charge he never finished lower than 11th & even finished in the top 4 once.

I'm sure he can repeat this success with United.

"I can't believe people are already giving David Moyes a hard time!

Look at the great job he did with Everton:

In 11 years in charge he never finished lower than 11th & even finished in the top 4 once.

I'm sure he can repeat this success with United.

"

It isn't just the fans doing it. The people in football are too. Several high bids for world class players all turned down and no "big" name joined united in the summer, which hasn't happened when united came a dominant force in the league. Obviously Fergie and/or David Gill had a major influence on a players decision to join the club.

Is Moyes Fergie's worst ever signing?

Don't sack him!! hes doing a brilliant job!!!!

"Is Moyes Fergie's worst ever signing? "

Jemba Jemba and David bellion were better signings. Sack moyes and the back room staff, being back the back room staff and bring pep guadiola or someone like that in.

"Is Moyes Fergie's worst ever signing?

Jemba Jemba and David bellion were better signings. Sack moyes and the back room staff, being back the back room staff and bring pep guadiola or someone like that in. "

so, Pep Guadiola is going to leave the best club in Europe to join MU - I think he's already made that decision, hasn't he?

OMFGG!! NOOOOO! I couldn't live if they sacked him

moyes didnt NOT sign anyone.

dont forget, Woodward was supposed to be coming back from S Africa to do some urgent transfer business..

what was that?

transferring money from the club to the Glaziers accounts?

those that are blaming Moyes and pointing at the job Martinez is doing at Everton should realise, thats still mostly Moyes' team. Guess he left Martinez a better squad than Fergie left him.

maybe he shouldnt have sacked all the backroom staff, but i still think, long term, he will prove to be a better bet than Mourinho would have been.

"Is Moyes Fergie's worst ever signing?

Jemba Jemba and David bellion were better signings. Sack moyes and the back room staff, being back the back room staff and bring pep guadiola or someone like that in. so, Pep Guadiola is going to leave the best club in Europe to join MU - I think he's already made that decision, hasn't he?"

I said someone like him. Basically an established name in Europe and he could have joined as fergies under study.

.......but what established manager from Europe would want to be fergies understudy?

There was always going to be a risk, whoever they/he chose & let's face it, they're hardly out of the race for a CL place just yet.

If they get both Rooney & Van Persie fit & playing, they'll probably get a top 3 or 4 finish - & their injuries are hardly Moyse' fault!!

".......but what established manager from Europe would want to be fergies understudy?

There was always going to be a risk, whoever they/he chose & let's face it, they're hardly out of the race for a CL place just yet.

If they get both Rooney & Van Persie fit & playing, they'll probably get a top 3 or 4 finish - & their injuries are hardly Moyse' fault!!"

Lose one more game and I think they have blown 4th place and they still have Liverpool, arsenal, man city to play. Also its Moyes's fault for not adding to the squad and sacking the backroom staff.

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"

It's still one of the top three squads in the country, he'll strengthen in January, they'll finish top three.

I'm happy for someone to dig this out at the end of the season. "

Getting nervous yet ?????

Why did Moyes not start with hernandez today , his goal scoring record against Chelsea is awesome

Watching football gives me sweaty hands and anxiety, so I take medication for it called Beer.

He's doing a first class job, I think he should be left alone to get in with it

By *aughtySexualArousalMan  over a year ago

SPALDING

No keep him there. He is doing a wonderful job with those wankers. It's a 3 horse race this year.

Fergus has a lot to answer for the mess he left behind. This Man U team is the worst I have ever seen

"Fergus has a lot to answer for the mess he left behind. This Man U team is the worst I have ever seen"

He will not be sacked.

But fergie knew what he was doing leaving.

They need a lot of work

Moyes should be given a chance to be honest.

Yes a terrible season for united, but time should tell.

Nette

"He's doing a first class job, I think he should be left alone to get in with it "

I agree

By *yphoon1Man  over a year ago

"Not until he gets the poisoned chalice of ' the full support of the Board ' lol"
oh so true unfortunately

I reckon Robbie Savage was right, this weekend, Manu need to lose about 12 players from their squad. There were some shocking performances out there yesterday

By *lentyoffun40Couple  over a year ago

Lancashire

What's with all the panic and hysteria ?

The reason Manchester United and their fans are a class above the rest is the fact we are different

Yesterday 3 nil down and the fans out sung chelski throughout the game

Genuine united fans know the real reason behind the poor performances are not down to moyes ... No van Persie and no Rooney for a start . And the fact that we are unable to buy the right midfield players at this present moment

United will never be a panic club looking for a quick fix by sacking their managers left right and centre .. We have more class than that

Yes uniteds season has been well below par ..

But what's funny is that everyone's bleating about Liverpool having a marvellous season and yet there only 6 points in it !

Get van Persie back . Sign one or 2 central midfield players next summer and normality will prevail !!

Love united hate glazer

By *arkDickMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Title had me worried, checked bbc sport before I clicked this topic lol

Finish outside the top four and see how many Quality Central midfielders we will sign next summer.Moyes is a mistake and the sooner Man utd admit this and do something about it the better .The fear other teams used to have when playing us is clearly not there anymore,and I for one can see teams come to old Trafford now expecting a result.Worst Man utd side ive ever seen since I followed them

Lancashire

When you start following them post 93?

Knocked out of the FA cup by Swansea, currently in 7th place 15 points behind the top team ?

Thrashed yesterday ! Pretty much no chance of champions league or any silver this season.

For a team of Manures stature i have to say it is not looking good at all for Moyes.

If it aint broke dont try and fix it !

Cant see him lasting to be honest.

By *randmrsminxyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Lets see , if i dont work this week i dont get paid, but as a footballer ie mr rooney on 250k per week win or loose he still picks up his pay check . So maybe if they were paid on winning then maybe football might become entertaining again .

"What's with all the panic and hysteria ?

The reason Manchester United and their fans are a class above the rest is the fact we are different

Genuine united fans know the real reason behind the poor performances are not down to moyes ... No van Persie and no Rooney for a start . And the fact that we are unable to buy the right midfield players at this present moment

United will never be a panic club looking for a quick fix by sacking their managers left right and centre .. We have more class than that

But what's funny is that everyone's bleating about Liverpool having a marvellous season and yet there only 6 points in it !

Get van Persie back . Sign one or 2 central midfield players next summer and normality will prevail !!

Love united hate glazer "

its a pity out singing a opponent does not get you points . Maybe they should start outplaying them

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple  over a year ago

Takeley

Hotlips and I were having this debate yesterday, post match ( she's a gooner, but I will forgive her that, my teams top, but a division lower ). Last year, MU won the title, with the most average squad they have had for many years, winning it, because the other clubs were in relative turmoil as well as being a very poor season in terms of defensive frailty. That's changed this season, particularly amongst the top sides ( Man City excepted, they just score more! ). Ferguson saw the writing on the wall, it was the right time to go. Teams who go on to achieve success and have a legacy are the ones who look long term. Moyes has a lot of attributes and similarities to SAF, and, let's not forget this.....a loooong contract. Yes, he needs to sign a couple of centre halves, a couple of top draw midfielders ( won't be this window ), hasn't got many issues up front, if RVP and Rooney are fit, with Welbeck and Hernadez, they have world beaters there. Give the man time, he will come good. For all you MUFC fans, as Fergie said, get behind him!

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

He needs time and money.

Ferguson left him with a shit team, hence him retiring when he did.

Moyes has been without two decent players, fair enough, but two players do not make a team.

Moyes needs money to buy young decent players. Spending what he did on Felani (can't spell his name - the one with the scouse perm ) was ridiculous!

There was no way he was going to walk in to that job and have the same success as Ferguson. I wonder if the players actually respect Moyes. He has won bugger all whereas the players he's managing have got quite a few medals.

Saying all that please let him keep up the current form

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

moyes has been trying for years to get everton higher in the league than man untd he now has

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"What's with all the panic and hysteria ?

Love united hate glazer "

Don't you just love Man U fans ? A class above the rest ? Hilarious

And why didn't Moyes buy those 2 midfield players you say you need in the summer ?

And you now compare your season with Liverpool who haven't won the league since 1990 - think you've lowered your expectations a little.

COME ON CHELSEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"When you start following them post 93? "

That would make sense, its when the started winning things again!

At the end of the day who gives a fuck about man united

I despise Man yoo with a passion. They can put all their medals & pots & pans in the dustbin because everything they have ever won has been through cheating, especially through cheating referees. Also their fans are crap & hardly make any noise at all.

In fact if Man yoo were playing the taliban select XI I'd want the Taliban to win!

By *ulie and PaulCouple  over a year ago

stockportish

Lost a couple of games no big deal

Moyes needs to be given more time to build a premier league winning side together ........oh forget that team won it by a canter last year

Just shows how good Alex Ferguson was he could motivate a average set of players and win with them

Taxi!!

"I despise Man yoo with a passion. They can put all their medals & pots & pans in the dustbin because everything they have ever won has been through cheating, especially through cheating referees. Also their fans are crap & hardly make any noise at all.

In fact if Man yoo were playing the taliban select XI I'd want the Taliban to win! "

The way Moyles manages they would!

Lancashire

"I despise Man yoo with a passion. They can put all their medals & pots & pans in the dustbin because everything they have ever won has been through cheating, especially through cheating referees. Also their fans are crap & hardly make any noise at all.

In fact if Man yoo were playing the taliban select XI I'd want the Taliban to win! "

Full of knowledge you ! Pmsl !!

Man U fans all class?

Lancashire

"Man U fans all class?

"

Those who supported them pre 93

Yes

Those who are local, maybe!!

Lancashire

"Those who are local, maybe!! "

I know plenty of cockney reds who been supporting utd home and away for 40 years

Mata to united night be happening. No doubt he's a quality midfielder, but would have to change out tradition of the way we have played for 20 years or drop Rooney/Van Persie to accommodate him

"Those who are local, maybe!!

I know plenty of cockney reds who been supporting utd home and away for 40 years "

So do I - after they won the European Cup - glory hunters!!

I know plenty of cockney reds who been supporting utd home and away for 40 years

So do I - after they won the European Cup - glory hunters!!"

United one it in 68. Liverpool were dominating football a couple years after. Did uniteds support go down for that period of time . No it just grew and grew and now its the biggest club in the world. May not be the best footballing wise, but we do have the biggest brand or one of the biggest brands atleast.

By *extoysareusCouple  over a year ago

kinky heaven

United one it in 68. Liverpool were dominating football a couple years after. Did uniteds support go down for that period of time . No it just grew and grew and now its the biggest club in the world. May not be the best footballing wise, but we do have the biggest brand or one of the biggest brands atleast. "

well you seem to have sold out, brands can come and go,

looks like united are gonna sign juan mata!!

As a devoted Liverpool fan I really hope that you keep Moyes on, just give him a chance... another couple of years haha!

Did anyone see that he's shaved 250million off their share price in the last 6 months, and their financial predictions are based on Man U finishing 3rd and getting to the quarter finals in each cup!

United one it in 68. Liverpool were dominating football a couple years after. Did uniteds support go down for that period of time . No it just grew and grew and now its the biggest club in the world. May not be the best footballing wise, but we do have the biggest brand or one of the biggest brands atleast. "

& Liverpool grew in that period too!!

The biggest club in the world? How do you judge that?????????

United one it in 68. Liverpool were dominating football a couple years after. Did uniteds support go down for that period of time . No it just grew and grew and now its the biggest club in the world. May not be the best footballing wise, but we do have the biggest brand or one of the biggest brands atleast. well you seem to have sold out, brands can come and go, "

Since fergie and his staff left. They have gone down hill. Trying to replace Scholes was a bad idea and fergie should have known its impossible and he would have to change his tactics to attract a different star in the making and accommodate the team around him, which they were capable of doing. Now we are beginning to crumble because of that mistake as if you noticed when we were praising the team. We always said we needed a midfielder and we didn't get anyone promising. Now the "better" midfielders are too old to play well week in and week out. I still believe its all about bringing in players. Bring in 3 players now who are star quality and 4th spot is not out of reach then. We can start building for the next season then as its too late to win anything now and getting 4th spot is realistic.

They didn't grow much in the wilderness years though the facts are there to see if you look they did ok but they got popular and all the out of town glory hunters came when they started winning things. It looks like with the current financial restraints, and debt they won't have as much as their rivals to spend so it might be a lean decade for them or so.

It's a pity if he is sacked so soon, as following Fergie after the length of time he's been there and the success he's gained would be daunting for a great many people.

The players will still be getting used to the change of leadership style, especially as Fergie had such a strong force of personality.

However, as someone mentioned above, it's all about instand success. You're only as good as your last game, and that's for players and managers alike.

By *ilbabyclaire18Woman  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Couldnt give a shit either way i am glad they are lower in the league table as the Man U supporters pissed me off last year! Liverpool all the way i say!! X

"It's a pity if he is sacked so soon, as following Fergie after the length of time he's been there and the success he's gained would be daunting for a great many people.

The players will still be getting used to the change of leadership style, especially as Fergie had such a strong force of personality.

However, as someone mentioned above, it's all about instand success. You're only as good as your last game, and that's for players and managers alike.

"

When fergie was there he inherited a mid table team and they weren't really competing for anything. He said give him 5 years to get success and bang on 5 years later he got it. When fergie left, he left a team that won the title. Yes I'll give you the fact that the team isn't as strong as what is was, but the winning mentality was there and all moyes had to do was bring in a couple of midfielders to replace a few midfielders. He had plenty of money in the summer and ended up buying Fellini, which all united fans say is a panic buy. Especially at £27 million. Now we are out of fa cup, I still think we will get to the final of the league cup, but city are too strong and will win it. Champions league I feel we will beat olympiakos and as for the league. 4th spot is out best aim now. Its up to moyes now to get us playing well in Europe (even if we get knocked out, we'll have some credit) and finish 4th. Otherwise no world class player would join us and we'll just get worse as the years go by. Keeping all of our strikers too is vital and why isn't Zaha isn't getting in the team is puzzling too, not to mention taking months to pick Janazj

Nah, they need new players, not a new manager. Injuries and weak squad is the problem, not the manager.

Yes, they didn't get who they wanted in the summer, but Moyes joined late and the chief exec was new.

He needs to ride out this season, do some decent business in the summer and see how he gets on next year.

They are about 4 or 5 players short though.

"Nah, they need new players, not a new manager. Injuries and weak squad is the problem, not the manager.

Yes, they didn't get who they wanted in the summer, but Moyes joined late and the chief exec was new.

He needs to ride out this season, do some decent business in the summer and see how he gets on next year.

They are about 4 or 5 players short though."

5 players short of what? Competing for the lot, just going in the top 4?

Ed Woodward left halfway through a rugby game for "urgent" business and nothing happened. Sacking the backroom staff was a big mistake as without them. The winning mentality was lost. They knew what it took to lift the plays spirits when down. Hence the comebacks over the years and the reactions that happened after a bad defeat. If we finish 4th and we bring in those 4 or 5 players in the correct areas. Then give him his contract. If not get rid.

Rumours of a possible Mata bid.

"Rumours of a possible Mata bid."

£37 million. Its on sky, but you heard it hear first. Lol. Read up, lol.

"Rumours of a possible Mata bid."

Only a rumour & only a bid......... was it in the tabloids or on tabloid tv?

I think mau utd will get this season out the way then allow moyes to do what he sees neccesary to make a team of his own mass clear out and sign who he wants man u will spend a fortune in the summer

Spending a fortune doesn't necessarily win you anything, especially if you're not in the champions league!!!

Lancashire

What people are clearly forgetting to mention are "the glazers"

Since they arrived in 2005 the payments utd have to make in repayment to the loans is crippling the club

Due to this the investment that has been needed to build and replace ageing players hasn't been there . Simple as

Before they arrived we could attract the big names . Rvn. Vernon .rooney . However the interest in payments has put a stop to this buying power

Fergie worked miracles winning the league last year with the squad we have got !

As a man utd fan of over 35 years I have seen them play second fiddle to Liverpool for 15 years .seen them win the odd fa cup and very little else

What I will say is that our support has always been there and has always been the best

This will continue despite the glazers

I for one can't wait until the day they fuck off back to America . And if that day comes sooner by us not veining anything so be it !

Laying the blame on moyes Is short sighted !

Awwwwwe, greedy owners has finally reached man u, eh!!! Welcome to English football, albeit about 35 years too late!!! Bend over & apply liberally!! !!

Lancashire

"Awwwwwe, greedy owners has finally reached man u, eh!!! Welcome to English football, albeit about 35 years too late!!! Bend over & apply liberally!! !! "

You don't half talk some bollocks lol

You must be too young to remember ........!!!

lol taxi ??? no way iwould send him packing and he could walk to the train station lol xx

Lancashire

"You must be too young to remember ........!!!"

Remember what

This thread is ssssoooooooo funny; haven't laughed so much since the 'we're Liverpool ffs' thread!!

It's always been about the

'money, money, money'

i agree mr crazed man but i would find the money to pay off that dithering fool moyes it would be worth it lol

"You must be too young to remember ........!!!

Remember what"

How greedy shareholders despite the fans' wishes, sold the best players to man u & Liverpool - which made them clubs big!!

......now, you're experiencing it too - at long last!!!

Lancashire

Remember what

How greedy shareholders despite the fans' wishes, sold the best players to man u & Liverpool - which made them clubs big!!

......now, you're experiencing it too - at long last!!! "

Care to back this drivel up with some form of explanation as to what your chuffing on about ?

Remember what

......now, you're experiencing it too - at long last!!!

Care to back this drivel up with some form of explanation as to what your chuffing on about ?"

Care to smell the coffee, - it smells rich!!

"looks like united are gonna sign juan mata!! "

I am a big fan of Mata and would hate to see him leave Chelsea, its a shame Mourhino has frozen him out. Especially as he's been our player of the year for the last 2 years.

That said, if we sell him, please sell him abroad where he can do less damage to us!

"looks like united are gonna sign juan mata!!

I am a big fan of Mata and would hate to see him leave Chelsea, its a shame Mourhino has frozen him out. Especially as he's been our player of the year for the last 2 years.

That said, if we sell him, please sell him abroad where he can do less damage to us!"

don't quote me but wasn't Mourhino recently talking about Man u not wanting to sell Rooney to a rival? ......... I was thinking at the time that that was a ssssoooooooo subtle hint!!!

.... but we'll see what comes around!!!

"looks like united are gonna sign juan mata!!

That said, if we sell him, please sell him abroad where he can do less damage to us! don't quote me but wasn't Mourhino recently talking about Man u not wanting to sell Rooney to a rival? ......... I was thinking at the time that that was a ssssoooooooo subtle hint!!!

.... but we'll see what comes around!!! "

Please dont let Rooney come to Chelsea! He will have such a surprise if he turns up at the Bridge to find out the Chelsea Pensioners is not a specialist brothel

I'm sure David moyes would be bothered if they sack he signed a 6 year contract

Mourinho will be making a mistake if he sells Mata and i really hope he doesnt !! The combination of Mata, Hazard and Oscar is fooking awesome !!

As for Rooney he can fuck of elsewhere, overpaid , overated turnip headed granny smasher lol !!!

The Glazers are all about results and money, if Man U do not finish in the top four Moyes will go.

"Mourinho will be making a mistake if he sells Mata and i really hope he doesnt !! The combination of Mata, Hazard and Oscar is fooking awesome !!

As for Rooney he can fuck of elsewhere, overpaid , overated turnip headed granny smasher lol !!!

The Glazers are all about results and money, if Man U do not finish in the top four Moyes will go. "

Rooney has been playing out of position hence why he doesn't score as many goals as he's used too. Secondly apart from David de gea and janazjai, he's been their most consistent player all season. Without him we would be a lot further down the table. Put some quality midfielders in uniteds team and you'll see Rooney back how he used to be. Scoring goals for fun.

"Mourinho will be making a mistake if he sells Mata and i really hope he doesnt !! The combination of Mata, Hazard and Oscar is fooking awesome !!

The Glazers are all about results and money, if Man U do not finish in the top four Moyes will go.

Rooney has been playing out of position hence why he doesn't score as many goals as he's used too. Secondly apart from David de gea and janazjai, he's been their most consistent player all season. Without him we would be a lot further down the table. Put some quality midfielders in uniteds team and you'll see Rooney back how he used to be. Scoring goals for fun. "

The simple answer to the Rooney issue is to put him in the Chelsea team with the quality they have he would flourish.

Rooney has been playing out of position hence why he doesn't score as many goals as he's used too. Secondly apart from David de gea and janazjai, he's been their most consistent player all season. Without him we would be a lot further down the table. Put some quality midfielders in uniteds team and you'll see Rooney back how he used to be. Scoring goals for fun.

The simple answer to the Rooney issue is to put him in the Chelsea team with the quality they have he would flourish. "

A striker is as only good as their services. Hence why he's been getting poorer over the last couple of seasons. He's been playing too deep in midfield because of the lack of quality. Sad thing is. If united finish outside the top 4/don't quality for the Champions league. He can leave on a free transfer. Now that must be a massive bargain to any club in world football, but a massive blow to united. If they get mata (talks are going very well apparantly) and 2 other players. 4th spot is reachable.

The simple answer to the Rooney issue is to put him in the Chelsea team with the quality they have he would flourish.

A striker is as only good as their services. Hence why he's been getting poorer over the last couple of seasons. He's been playing too deep in midfield because of the lack of quality. Sad thing is. If united finish outside the top 4/don't quality for the Champions league. He can leave on a free transfer. Now that must be a massive bargain to any club in world football, but a massive blow to united. If they get mata (talks are going very well apparantly) and 2 other players. 4th spot is reachable. "

They will struggle to make the top 6 never mind 4th if you are putting money on 7th is where the smart money will go and talknig of go Rooney is off as certain as RVP was from arsenal a few years back everyone with out an interest looking on could that one and can see it on its way with Rooney.

never thats not utds style

Moyes has said ." He will get them into a major European competition even if he has to write the song himself "

"Moyes has said ." He will get them into a major European competition even if he has to write the song himself " "

Lol that made me chuckle !!

Timberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

If he doesn't finish 4th and doesn't bring people in. He should be sacked. Whatever he has been paid as well as his backroom staff. My to mention Fellini is too much as those people have ruined united. No experience, no winning mentality. should have listened to fergie and kept his staff on.

"If he doesn't finish 4th and doesn't bring people in. He should be sacked. Whatever he has been paid as well as his backroom staff. My to mention Fellini is too much as those people have ruined united. No experience, no winning mentality. should have listened to fergie and kept his staff on. "

Well that's him gone then who's in for the hairdryer holding next? What about Stan he's vocal?

"If he doesn't finish 4th and doesn't bring people in. He should be sacked. Whatever he has been paid as well as his backroom staff. My to mention Fellini is too much as those people have ruined united. No experience, no winning mentality. should have listened to fergie and kept his staff on.

Well that's him gone then who's in for the hairdryer holding next? What about Stan he's vocal?"

For whatever reason. The players aren't playing for him and when they do its only for about 10 minutes of a match. They should have brought someone with experience in. Pellgrini has done wonders with city for example.

David Moyes = Dead Man Walking

glasgow

If utd get Mata,it could be a Cantona moment,

and we all know how that went.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"If utd get Mata,it could be a Cantona moment,

and we all know how that went."

as in 'Hai ya'..?

flying kick..

as in 'Hai ya'..?

flying kick..

"

And joey Barton, Steven gerrad and nearly old Leeds plays in the 90s were saints

Its not the manager, the plaiers dont become crap just like that, they just dont play for moyes and dont want him lol.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

as in 'Hai ya'..?

flying kick..

And joey Barton, Steven gerrad and nearly old Leeds plays in the 90s were saints "

bit touchy are'nt we..?

yes it was about Cantona, and tbh i know the other poster was probably referring to the way moving to Man U 'kick started' his career..

you lot lost your sense of humour or something..

"Its not the manager, the plaiers dont become crap just like that, they just dont play for moyes and dont want him lol."

they havent become rubbish overnight, however, they cruised last year so didnt need to be good

this year they are a year older and the ones that are over the hill are further over it than they were.

they have also been playing the same football for the last 20 years at the club so now have to learn a different way of doing things.

will take time, but he cant be judged so quickly.

he built a good team at everton, he needs time to do the same at old trafford

YEs your right there and the other teams become better to and he need to update the team as well with new plaiers and a fearce squad again to dominate the top.

"Its not the manager, the plaiers dont become crap just like that, they just dont play for moyes and dont want him lol.

they havent become rubbish overnight, however, they cruised last year so didnt need to be good

this year they are a year older and the ones that are over the hill are further over it than they were.

they have also been playing the same football for the last 20 years at the club so now have to learn a different way of doing things.

he built a good team at everton, he needs time to do the same at old trafford"

Nani/Anderson/Young aren't over the hill in terms of age, just they lack quality. Valencia has had a poor couple of seasons. since his injury he hasn't been the player he was. Again he isn't old either. They are relaying on their older players because the ones who should be in their prime by now. Just aren't good enough and that's why uniteds consistency is so bad over the last few years. I think united were good last season In terms of getting results, etc and they deserved the amount of points they had. However the other teams that would compete for the title played so badly. Its no wonder why united ran away with the league. Last year I expected united to win it, but with 2 teams close by. For me this year as all been about lack of and poor transfers and sacking the backroom staff.

"Its not the manager, the plaiers dont become crap just like that, they just dont play for moyes and dont want him lol.

he built a good team at everton, he needs time to do the same at old trafford"

They didn't become crap they are and were average its just all the others got better and Manchester Utd put a startled rabbit in the managers seat and the players don't get him.

By *yphoon1Man  over a year ago

The nore I see this thread title in the forum, the more I think he has been sacked already. Longer the thread goes on the more likely it is I guess.

glasgow

as in 'Hai ya'..?

flying kick..

And joey Barton, Steven gerrad and nearly old Leeds plays in the 90s were saints

bit touchy are'nt we..?

yes it was about Cantona, and tbh i know the other poster was probably referring to the way moving to Man U 'kick started' his career..

'

"

Everybody got a kick out of Cantona lol.

4 league titles

2 fa cups

3 charity Sheilds

Not a bad haul in only 5 years.

Mata could be the catalyst,

for more of the same.

;-)

as in 'Hai ya'..?

flying kick..

bit touchy are'nt we..?

'

4 league titles

2 fa cups

3 charity Sheilds

for more of the same.

;-)"

only difference is, wasnt cantonas arrival tied in with the emergence of the great young talent they had come through (dont have a timetable to hand so cant be certain) so he was surrounded by very good, young hungry players that didnt play for united for the money, but because they were ALL united fans and wanted to succeed (and boy do most of us wish we had a team full of those kind of players)

Mata, as good as he is, will still be surrounded, for the time being at least, with average, and slightly above average, players.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

David Moyes has promised fans of Manchester United that they will be in a major European competition next year...

even if he has to write the song himself.

"David Moyes has promised fans of Manchester United that they will be in a major European competition next year...

even if he has to write the song himself. "

glasgow

as in 'Hai ya'..?

flying kick..

bit touchy are'nt we..?

'

4 league titles

2 fa cups

3 charity Sheilds

for more of the same.

;-)

only difference is, wasnt cantonas arrival tied in with the emergence of the great young talent they had come through (dont have a timetable to hand so cant be certain) so he was surrounded by very good, young hungry players that didnt play for united for the money, but because they were ALL united fans and wanted to succeed (and boy do most of us wish we had a team full of those kind of players)

Mata, as good as he is, will still be surrounded, for the time being at least, with average, and slightly above average, players."

Cantona's influence,gave the other players confidence.

he had a massive impact on settling the young players in,and brought the best out of the other players.

Mata could influence the players in the same way,and make januzaj a world superstar(he's already the best young player I've ever seen,barring none)

Put rvp and Rooney back in the mix,and utd will be flying.

I can only see them getting stronger,from now till the end of the season.

3rd place minimum.

Remember you read it here first.

I can't see moyes getting the sack,utd have a bit more class,

than the knee jerk reaction brigade.

as in 'Hai ya'..?

flying kick..

bit touchy are'nt we..?

'

4 league titles

2 fa cups

3 charity Sheilds

for more of the same.

;-)

Mata, as good as he is, will still be surrounded, for the time being at least, with average, and slightly above average, players.

he had a massive impact on settling the young players in,and brought the best out of the other players.

Mata could influence the players in the same way,and make januzaj a world superstar(he's already the best young player I've ever seen,barring none)

3rd place minimum.

"

OIIIIIIIIIIIIIII you dozed off there and was dreaming!

By *etanreadyCouple  over a year ago

dover

Do you work for the papers, head line, WORLD ABOUT TO END, turn to page 6, in the next 10 Billion years

as in 'Hai ya'..?

flying kick..

bit touchy are'nt we..?

'

4 league titles

2 fa cups

3 charity Sheilds

for more of the same.

;-)

3rd place minimum.

"

wont get 3rd. 4th is the best they can hope for

I think the time has come for Crazy Dave to............

AVB for utd

"AVB for utd "

But gas shit as each other.

"AVB for utd "

PMSL now that would be funny.

"AVB for utd

PMSL now that would be funny. "

Then he can come off spurs' payroll - I bet the fucker is still on it

"AVB for utd

PMSL now that would be funny.

Then he can come off spurs' payroll - I bet the fucker is still on it "

I think Chelsea are still paying him too. But its quandary cos its so funny watching Crazy Dave come out with post match comments for failure. I suspect the "in moyes we trust" banners won't be there at the home match. It mate be give abv a go.

at which pint he will be farried shoulder high down Lime Street, presented with the keys to the city and asked to unveil a statue of himself shakin Bill Shankleys hand at the pier head lolol

"AVB for utd "

Nope... he went to Russia rather than try to save Utd

if i were picking a young gun manager for united i`d go for Southampton`s Mauricio Pochettino

What odds will I get on Fergie coming out of retirement?

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

when city stuff em he will get the sack shame i think hes doing a great job

David Moyes in on a six year contract, there's no way they're getting rid of him at the end of the season.

Ed Woodward is every bit as much to blame for failing to secure any decent signings during the summer and most of the team need to get their fingers out of their well-paid arses and start delivering for him as well.

He proved at Everton he is a decent manager but he looks out of his depth at Utd.

If they go out the champions league and lose to City I think they will have to sack him.

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

they say they have this massive transfer fund would you let david moyles spend it for you ?

It is down to the manager ! the premier league is full of top quality players and it is down to the managers tactics.....its similar to chess in a way.....the manager needs to decide where a player is best suited and who against......if they get that right then its anyones game ! although there are some exceptions !

"they say they have this massive transfer fund would you let david moyles spend it for you ?"

moyes.

moyles used to do the radio 1 breakfast show lol

i just dont see the passion there from moyes. i think he really is in over his head at united

Was fully behind Moyes at the start... And the middle. But the performances are so bad now, I worry about who they can attract in the summer without European football and Moyes still in charge.

They may need to get a high profile manager to come in to attract the top class players.

I just wish Moyes would show a bit more balls and be a bit tougher. He's looked weak and vulnerable from the start.

I just wish he gets it together for the last few games and then finishes on a high and be able to get the decent players, because I'd love Moyes to prove the doubters wrong.

Loving the way u guys have turned fabswingers into another pleasure in a mans life..C'mon CHELSEA!!

By *himanMan  over a year ago

chichester

Super liverpool for the title

By *iddyandherCouple  over a year ago

Benidorm

If things are to change then people's patients have to be the first !

Its simple Moyes is shit , thats been proven its all about The Chelsea lol

Ooooh, I must be psychic

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

"Ooooh, I must be psychic "

Can you give me the six winning lottery numbers please, I think its about the same odds as moyes remaining in charge at United,,

"Ooooh, I must be psychic "

As it been confirmed ?

Yes, just now. It's confirmed.......taxi to the job centre for Davey

[Removed by poster at 22/04/14 08:33:31]

Sacked,just been confirmed

Slightly surprised he didnt make it till end of season but nevertheless it was gonna happen sooner or later !

Still gonna walk away with 15 - 17 mill !!

By *arkman69Man  over a year ago

Erdington

"Slightly surprised he didnt make it till end of season but nevertheless it was gonna happen sooner or later !

Still gonna walk away with 15 - 17 mill !! "

Agreed. Couldve at least let him stay til the end of the season. Ah well...

Ruined my day already. Loved him being at United Hope they use the same recruitment process for the next one

YNWA

"Slightly surprised he didnt make it till end of season but nevertheless it was gonna happen sooner or later !

This ^

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

they dont reckon it is that quite that much.. but 10 million isn't bad....

He should still get manager of the season!

So he should be he's shite!!

"He should still get manager of the season! "

You missed out the word " Worst " lol

Ilustrious end!! lol fergi was there for years and achieved everything while he was there.

By *exykinky manMan  over a year ago

Durham

According to the sun van gaal wants the job.so fingers crossed for man u fans

"The curse of the baggies strikes again "

Hooray!! Bouncing Baggies!!!!

Gaal may be a solution to steady the ship but he's not one to stick around....

Rodgers and Martinez are clearly happy..

That leaves someone like pochettino .... Or Laudrup whose not doing anything.... But both lack experience...

Good luck united!