FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > not fab related

not fab related

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just feeling sad would Love a virtual hug confirmed to have epilepsy this morning and can no longer drive gonna be real hard for work as buses dont go directly sob sob

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Thats a bummer.

Big hugs for you xx

"Just feeling sad would Love a virtual hug confirmed to have epilepsy this morning and can no longer drive gonna be real hard for work as buses dont go directly sob sob "

xxxxxx hugs xxxxxx hugs xxxxxx

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Had similar myself turned out it wasn't thank god think the thought of losing my license scared it off. Syou have my sympathy x

Sorry to hear that Angel,if like me you love driving,it is going to be a big slice out of you life.Bags of hugs.

hugs babe xxxx

Thanks guys been driving 18years got three cars. Huge issue

Cant you arrange for someone to give you a lift to work.I bet there will be loads of offers for a gorgeous woman like you.

awww big hugs to ya...but look on the upside; no more car payments, auto insurance bills, or having to worry about keeping the gas tank full.

Big hugs for you xx

By *obbobeanMan  over a year ago

dagenham

Sorry to hear that Angel, massive hug from me xx Please keep your chin up and take life a day at a time until you get to grips to this devastating news. As other posters have said, I'm sure you will get offers of lifts from friends and co workers at least part of the way if not all the way to your work. Take care and remember chin up gorgeous xx

Ah thanks guys. bloody ex all he can think about is he will have to collect and Drop Off The Kids!! what a wanker

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Sorry to hear that and would like to say that trying a diet with no sugar and lower carbs has been known to significantly improve things - I personally know people with the condition who have made huge improvements. All the best xx

Oh hun I feel for you really do xxx huge hug from me xx

By *obbobeanMan  over a year ago

dagenham

That's why his an Ex hun lol xx

Scary big life change for you. I hope the saying is true that as one door closes...

Xoxoxox

Sorry to hear this news...

Big hugs from us both xx

It won't possibly mean you can't drive ever again. Once meds have it under control and you hopefully become siezure free for so long you will possible be able to drive again. I know it's all ifs and buts but try stay positive. X

((((BIG HUGS)))) you can be posh have a driver .. like a lot of the very rich woman have... XX

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

all the best

Thanks guys must be Free for 12Months. Ah Life hey yes think will get Myself a driver lol

"Thanks guys must be Free for 12Months. Ah Life hey yes think will get Myself a driver lol"

Call yourself Lady Chatterley and your driver might be able to multi-task... he'll be asking to attend to your lady garden.

Sorry to hear this. My neighbours son has epilepsy and he is now able to drive, so keep your chin up

"Thanks guys been driving 18years got three cars. Huge issue"

Do you live near anyone at work you could car share with at all

"Thanks guys must be Free for 12Months. Ah Life hey yes think will get Myself a driver lol

Call yourself Lady Chatterley and your driver might be able to multi-task... he'll be asking to attend to your lady garden."

Brilliant lol

"Thanks guys been driving 18years got three cars. Huge issue

Do you live near anyone at work you could car share with at all"

No plus have to Kids to Drop off at Separate places been told am Entitled to certain Transport help never Claimed a Benefit so got to Look into it

By * Jay69Man  over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

Sorry to hear this, it's not just the practicalities of getting to work and collecting the kids, it is the perceived loss of freedom.

The knowledge that you have a car and the keys and it is at your disposal 24/7, jump in and go on a whim - you almost never do, and you'd be stuck in traffic, and petrol is too expensive.

Hope you get it under control and the year without an episode (if that's how it works) soon passes.

you my sympathy completely, I don't have epilepsy myself, but I have cluster headache and a treatment I was given to try was an antiepileptic medication, and when I first started it I had a few mild seizures (randomly blacking out for a few seconds) and had to give up driving for the whole time I was taking it, was only 3 months but it was difficult. hope everything goes good for you and they get it under control and you get your seizure free year. it's a bit scary when you start driving again and even now it's always at the back of my mind "what if?" xx

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

oh babe .. my son has epllepsy. really big sustained hug coming your way with hair strokes as well . i drive for my job and although i moan about the roads and some of the drivers on them and my pigging car .. its my life .. feeling your loss ... olov x

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

Hugs......x

Really Appreciate All Comment thank you xxx

"Just feeling sad would Love a virtual hug confirmed to have epilepsy this morning and can no longer drive gonna be real hard for work as buses dont go directly sob sob "

Can't you get you licence back if you go a set time since your last incident? You never know it might be controllable and things could solve themselves.

"Just feeling sad would Love a virtual hug confirmed to have epilepsy this morning and can no longer drive gonna be real hard for work as buses dont go directly sob sob

Can't you get you licence back if you go a set time since your last incident? You never know it might be controllable and things could solve themselves."

yes 12Months x

I work and live in Peterborough. If I can help or you need someone to chat to over a cuppa just shout xxxx

"I work and live in Peterborough. If I can help or you need someone to chat to over a cuppa just shout xxxx"

ah thank you thats so Kind x

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I feel for you. I'd be lost without my car.

Try applying for DLA, or PIP as it is now. You may not get it but it can't hurt to try.

It's not means tested and the aim of it is to help people with illnesses and disabilities lead independent lives, especially to help them get out and about and keep working etc. In your case you could justify needing the money to help towards taxis when you need them. You can also get assistance to pay for someone to be with you if you need care or assistance, or someone to be with you in certain circumstances.

Get the CAB to help you fill in the application as supplying the correct information and presenting it clearly can make all the difference between being successful and not.

hadnt even considered that. thank you x

» Add a new message to this topic