FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Losing weight and excess skin

Losing weight and excess skin

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ee Viante OP   Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Ok, so I know that there are a lot of factors that affect this, such as age, how fast the weight is lost, how the weight was distributed and so on but how much weight is it possible to lose without ending up with loose skin, (enough to need surgery).

I know some of you on here have lost large amounts of weight and I'd really like to hear your experiences with this please. If you don't want to post publicly, pming is fine.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohnjones3210Man  over a year ago

Chester

If you lose weight gradually, your skin adjusts. I know someone who was size 16 and is now size 8 and looks amazing... No surgery at all.

Just do it gradually, don't go mad!

I'm already mad, bit late

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I lost 2 stone but over 6 months so no loose skin, trying to lose another stone before Christmas x

Lose some weight before exercising heavily...

Also correct your posture, use detox skin oils and firming body lotions for tone...

Build up core muscles gradually...

Good luck

"Lose some weight before exercising heavily...

Also correct your posture, use detox skin oils and firming body lotions for tone...

Build up core muscles gradually...

Good luck"

I just need to lose weight without getting saggy bits.

Posture isn't bad and my core is strong from hours in the saddle

"I lost 2 stone but over 6 months so no loose skin, trying to lose another stone before Christmas x"

i know a great exercise programme

its called the S Plan

"If you lose weight gradually, your skin adjusts. I know someone who was size 16 and is now size 8 and looks amazing... No surgery at all.

Just do it gradually, don't go mad!"

This

Ive been SLOWLY losing some weight for medical reasons and im chuffed i havent had this problem.

when the docs say they recommend 1lb to 2lb a week....thats whats needed.

It didnt go on over night and its not going to come off over night.

Im doing well enough to put a smile on my consultants face ....the only down side .....i need to buy more bloody clothes

"If you lose weight gradually, your skin adjusts. I know someone who was size 16 and is now size 8 and looks amazing... No surgery at all.

This

Ive been SLOWLY losing some weight for medical reasons and im chuffed i havent had this problem.

when the docs say they recommend 1lb to 2lb a week....thats whats needed.

It didnt go on over night and its not going to come off over night.

Im doing well enough to put a smile on my consultants face ....the only down side .....i need to buy more bloody clothes "

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Just do it gradually, don't go mad!"

If you're young, 16 to 8 is no bigger, my daughter was a size 16 at 16 but a size 6/8 now, no excess skin.

However, I think it would be different if I, at 53 and size 24 went to a size 8!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I lost 8stone, yes I did have a bit of excess skin but the fantastic feeling I had I couldn't have given a hoot about having a stomach apron, and when it comes off this time I won't give a hoot then. Could do without the bingo wings but at nearly 50 I'm never going to be body beautiful

If you're young, 16 to 8 is no bigger, my daughter was a size 16 at 16 but a size 6/8 now, no excess skin.

However, I think it would be different if I, at 53 and size 24 went to a size 8!"

» Add a new message to this topic