FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nursing Auxilaries

Nursing Auxilaries

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *esses OP   Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Wondered if there were any on here and whether they could give me an idea of likely shift patterns, pay etc.

Many thanks

Lisa

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do you mean HCA's - Health Care Assistants?

The shift patterns are the same as nursing staff and would depend on where you were based, but the standard NHS hospital shifts (in the hospitals that I've worked in) run 7-2.30, 2-9.30, 9-7.30.

However, double shifts aren't unusual and there are government 'consultations' in progress to change the hours (i.e. to make staff work longer for the same pay).

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

usually national min wage or slightly above

By *ebsCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Orpington/london

"Do you mean HCA's - Health Care Assistants?

The shift patterns are the same as nursing staff and would depend on where you were based, but the standard NHS hospital shifts (in the hospitals that I've worked in) run 7-2.30, 2-9.30, 9-7.30.

However, double shifts aren't unusual and there are government 'consultations' in progress to change the hours (i.e. to make staff work longer for the same pay)."

the hcas where i work would love that shift pattern.

Ours are 7-7 same as the nurses, over the month it works out an average of three days a wk.

Pay rate is higher than min wage but not by a lot but better then PA's/carers/hca that work for agencies.

If you can get a carer/hca placement privately on a one to one with a client you can double the min wage.

By *esses OP   Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Thank you for your help. I already work privately as a PA but certainly don't get double minimum wage (it would be nice) do they get a higher rate for the night shifts etc and is there opportunity to improve and move up the ladder or into different roles?

Lisa

» Add a new message to this topic