FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > cant find work

cant find work

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have no work in not on benefits either i am looking but can't find nothing I have no money conning in part from a bit of cash work here and there and I have my 3 kids every others weekend what can I do any ideas without sighning on the benefits

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have a wonder round your local pubs/clubs.

Bar work isnt well paid,but its money comming in.

Best of luck mate and keep trying.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

are any of the local taxi firms looking for extra drivers

depends what skills you have.

wear your shoe leather out by walking round those businesses you would be useful to

Keep looking but please do take the benefits available to you. I know its difficult but they are there to help until you do find a job. Good luck x

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

Don't be too proud to sign on. You and your kids have to eat.

Apply for everything you can, best of luck

Thanks all I have walked and asked everywere I don't have transport as can't afford to do my test if I could afford my test I would start up my own bussiness so its a catch 22 for me got to have a job to get a lisence and got to to have a car to get a job

radical idea, but have you thought of relocating yourselves?

have the kids stay with their mother until you are back on your feet?

there is work around, i swear.

im on agencies and havent been out of work for 2 years, so it is out there, you may just have to make a few sacrifices to get any

I did try that I went for 8months but there was no work in that town either and I missed my kids to much to try anywere else so I moved bck now in stuck in a fucking town with no work in a spare room round my sisters and having no cash hate it so much the thing is when I work in like a mashine don't stop till its done or my hours are over just seem to run out of work then back to squre one grrrr

"Thanks all I have walked and asked everywere I don't have transport as can't afford to do my test if I could afford my test I would start up my own bussiness so its a catch 22 for me got to have a job to get a lisence and got to to have a car to get a job "

if you did sign on for jobseekers allowance you would probably be able to get ur driving test paid for

thats one part sorted out.

"Don't be too proud to sign on. You and your kids have to eat.

Apply for everything you can, best of luck "

THIS... !!!!! And get to ALL the agencies...

Good luck...

Can we ask what sort of work did you do in the past ?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Sorry to hear that things are tough!

I think one thing to do is to list all of the skills that you have, and what jobs they could be useful for. Then think creatively and see if there are any other things you could stretch to. Help with jobs about the house, diy, dog walking/sitting, etc etc.

The other thing is to consider the area you're in right now, with your relative. Which of your skills could earn some immediate cash, such as casual gardening, car cleaning etc? Realise these aren't huge money earners, but at least they may tide yourself over for a while, whilst you're looking for something more permanent.

Whilst cash is short, perhaps your relative could help you print off some leaflets, to deliver to doors in the area? You can always agree how much you'd pay them back, once you've earned something, such as so much per page printed etc. That way you're absolutely not scrounging.

The other thing, as others point out, is that it's right to claim what you are entitled to. £billions go unclaimed each year, far in excess of any cheats, apart from tax dodgers, so we owe it to ourselves to get what we deserve and pay into.

The most important thing is to take care of yourself, so that you're in good shape for you and your family. That includes mental and physical well being. Take care and good luck!

your not alone I (Ross) have been out of work for 4 years, will be 5 soon. tryed everything and just had no luck. your not alone, there are alot of people in your situation, the work just isn't there

The jobcentre won't pay for nothing anymore I've done all types of work decorating buliding warehouse everything ect

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"your not alone I (Ross) have been out of work for 4 years, will be 5 soon. tryed everything and just had no luck. your not alone, there are alot of people in your situation, the work just isn't there"

have you tried some of the contact centres round your way,

good luck

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Christmas is coming up so there are bound to be jobs going. Get your cv out now before all the students do!!!

I don't mean to sound harsh but there are jobs out there, you may have to bite the bullet and take a job that you don't like for a bit but at least it's a job.

I just want to thank you all for the advice I no it will get better for me in just down on my luck at the moment and hope things pick up ,

" have you tried some of the contact centres round your way,

good luck"

I have, but they wont take me because of my stutter and tick

Have you tried call centres money is not bad, although w/end are always part if the deal. But it's a job

good luck

I have, but they wont take me because of my stutter and tick"

please expand?

i cant see how a stutter or a tick could stop you doing a job.

alright, maybe not telephone sales or micro surgery, but there are many wide and varied positions out there

There is work out there...

I had an extended "holiday" once... Whilst the agencies did their thing, finding me drawing office work, I washed up in a fish restaurant.... And trained up my computer skills.... I now teach others how to draw on computers...

Jobsearch is utterly soul destroying.... But patience and perseverance will win out, not maybe today, but eventually....

The hardest part is maintaining the self motivation....

By *mwantsWoman  over a year ago

City

"Christmas is coming up so there are bound to be jobs going. Get your cv out now before all the students do!!!

I don't mean to sound harsh but there are jobs out there, you may have to bite the bullet and take a job that you don't like for a bit but at least it's a job. "

Exactly,I hate when people say there's no work. There really is. But you have to dedicate time to finding one. Sometimes you just have to take that "crap" job!

Oops missed the last advice, chin up and keep on trying

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

good luck

I have, but they wont take me because of my stutter and tick"

cool, sorry to hear that

try in some of the roles that don't require voice contact, tougher to get mind you

data entry etc

all the best

"please expand?

alright, maybe not telephone sales or micro surgery, but there are many wide and varied positions out there"

when I go for the inter_iew, I stutter when I talk and I have a nervous tick in my nose. Alot of people get put off by it. They can't say they didn't hire me because of it, but they don't have to give me a reason why i didn't get the job. so it goes round in circles

good luck

please expand?

alright, maybe not telephone sales or micro surgery, but there are many wide and varied positions out there"

Having a stutter would hinder your chances of work in a call centre, you 1st inter_iew is conducted over the phone

Just to clarify, i have no problem taking a "crap" job. i have a wife and 2 kids so I need the money. the problem is I studied in computing and got an HNC, I am 10 grand in debt and I have nothing to show for it. all the trainee positions are taken by people who have a degree and 5 years experience because it's all they can get too.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 21/09/13 16:17:27]

City

good luck

please expand?

alright, maybe not telephone sales or micro surgery, but there are many wide and varied positions out there

Having a stutter would hinder your chances of work in a call centre, you 1st inter_iew is conducted over the phone"

I recruit for contact center positions. For alot of people with a stutter its a confidence thing. If you're a good recruiter you can look past that for a good candidate and work with them on it. A five year gap is a bigger hindrance!

"Just to clarify, i have no problem taking a "crap" job. i have a wife and 2 kids so I need the money. the problem is I studied in computing and got an HNC, I am 10 grand in debt and I have nothing to show for it. all the trainee positions are taken by people who have a degree and 5 years experience because it's all they can get too. "

So you know your way around a PC and other things, you ever thought of starting your own business

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Don't be too proud to sign on. You and your kids have to eat.

Apply for everything you can, best of luck "

^^^^^This!

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Just to clarify, i have no problem taking a "crap" job. i have a wife and 2 kids so I need the money. the problem is I studied in computing and got an HNC, I am 10 grand in debt and I have nothing to show for it. all the trainee positions are taken by people who have a degree and 5 years experience because it's all they can get too. "

Amazon near you are taking people on, a lady I know her 2 sons just started 2 weeks ago

good luck

"I have no work in not on benefits either i am looking but can't find nothing I have no money conning in part from a bit of cash work here and there and I have my 3 kids every others weekend what can I do any ideas without sighning on the benefits "

Why not sign on to the benefits to which you are entitled?

good luck

please expand?

Having a stutter would hinder your chances of work in a call centre, you 1st inter_iew is conducted over the phone

I recruit for contact center positions. For alot of people with a stutter its a confidence thing. If you're a good recruiter you can look past that for a good candidate and work with them on it. A five year gap is a bigger hindrance! "

I agree with you on the 5 year, but having a stutter, will be a problem also.

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

"your not alone I (Ross) have been out of work for 4 years, will be 5 soon. tryed everything and just had no luck. your not alone, there are alot of people in your situation, the work just isn't there"

you say you've got a 9inch cock. Why don't you join a circus?

City

good luck

please expand?

I recruit for contact center positions. For alot of people with a stutter its a confidence thing. If you're a good recruiter you can look past that for a good candidate and work with them on it. A five year gap is a bigger hindrance!

I agree with you on the 5 year, but having a stutter, will be a problem also. "

In the past month I've hired someone with a stutter. With a bit of a confidence boost and working with him on it, he has improved incredibly. But again I'm not going to do that for someone who doesn't present themselves as someone who wants to excel. Any long gaps in a cv are an automatic no, unless they have a valid explanation. Maybe look at your cv and different courses. Show the recruiter you've actually been doing something.

» Add a new message to this topic