FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Letzgohunting

Letzgohunting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iker lad OP   Man  over a year ago

Hinckley

Letzgohunting has folded now that one of the suspects has commited suicide, what are people's opinions on this group & it's activities?

I for one agree with the concept of their vigilantism but think they "jumped the gun" by identifying the suspects on video prior to conviction!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Letzgohunting has folded now that one of the suspects has commited suicide, what are people's opinions on this group & it's activities?

I for one agree with the concept of their vigilantism but think they "jumped the gun" by identifying the suspects on video prior to conviction!"

I don't agree with vigilantism. I think it's a dangerous path to go down. While it may flush out the baddies it also tends to make mistakes. Let people whose job it is to catch the bad guys do that.

Hinckley

"Letzgohunting has folded now that one of the suspects has commited suicide, what are people's opinions on this group & it's activities?

I for one agree with the concept of their vigilantism but think they "jumped the gun" by identifying the suspects on video prior to conviction!

I don't agree with vigilantism. I think it's a dangerous path to go down. While it may flush out the baddies it also tends to make mistakes. Let people whose job it is to catch the bad guys do that. "

If the people whose "job" it is were successful, or even remotely interested in stopping these people then there would be no reason for the existence of vigilanties!

It's a sad truth that as catching perverts & sicko's does not produce financial results it gets lower priority!

The police will wait till some little child had been violated then "IF" it's reported they begin the lumbering process of trying to ascertain blame.

These guys sift through the filth among us & single out perverts that are searching online for suitable victims for grooming for sex, & expose them in the hope it may prevent some pervert from being successful.

I don't agree with vigilantism. I think it's a dangerous path to go down. While it may flush out the baddies it also tends to make mistakes. Let people whose job it is to catch the bad guys do that.

If the people whose "job" it is were successful, or even remotely interested in stopping these people then there would be no reason for the existence of vigilanties!

It's a sad truth that as catching perverts & sicko's does not produce financial results it gets lower priority!

The police will wait till some little child had been violated then "IF" it's reported they begin the lumbering process of trying to ascertain blame.

These guys sift through the filth among us & single out perverts that are searching online for suitable victims for grooming for sex, & expose them in the hope it may prevent some pervert from being successful."

The sad truth is that the evidence these vigilantes gather is not admissible in court and often taints or prejudices a case.

I don't know the methods they use and have not seen transcripts of the conversations they have with these guys and this makes me very uneasy. Who is grooming who?

Vigilantism is a slippery path... How long before they take it on themselves to deal out what they consider justice too?!

I don't think it's that it isn't considered important I think it's that our police force is being cut and they don't have the resources.

And yes, while they may expose some, the may also ruin an innocent man's life by publicly labelling him as something he isn't.

Hinckley

Hence my opinion that they "jumped the gun" they should have gathered evidence, presented it to the police (keeping copies) then after conviction released the complete dossier publicly, the police could have given them some sort of acknowledgement but not endorsement, thereby making it public!

It might make at least one perv decide against acting on his fantasies, in my eyes, That's a result!

Hinckley

[Removed by poster at 21/09/13 05:00:15]

"Hence my opinion that they "jumped the gun" they should have gathered evidence, presented it to the police (keeping copies) then after conviction released the complete dossier publicly, the police could have given them some sort of acknowledgement but not endorsement, thereby making it public!

It might make at least one perv decide against acting on his fantasies, in my eyes, That's a result!"

The evidence they gather is not admissible in court. It serves no legal purpose.

And what if you were the guy they identified wrongly?

Hinckley

Now they all know that the vig's are out the picture.........

What next?

Hinckley

If they had a picture of me & phone conversations of my voice chatting to a girl I believed was 13, making arrangements to meet at a local park for sex........ How could they be wrong? My IP address would be enough evidence to convict me!

"If they had a picture of me & phone conversations of my voice chatting to a girl I believed was 13, making arrangements to meet at a local park for sex........ How could they be wrong? My IP address would be enough evidence to convict me!"

There was a case where a guy (who went through a horror with his own daughter) went online in chat rooms. There are young sexually aggressive girls who don't understand what they are doing and just need to meet the wrong person who will take advantage of that. This guy went into chat rooms and arranged to meet them and took them home to the parents and advised the parents what was going on.

On other occasions he gathered enough information to send a letter.

His motives were to protect other children from what his child went through and protect other parents from that pain.

He would be collared by these vigilantes .

Where are you getting your information about this group from by the way?

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

I for one agree with the concept of their vigilantism but think they "jumped the gun" by identifying the suspects on video prior to conviction!"

Idiots who think they are above the law they claim to defend.

There is no place in society for this sort of behaviour.

By *obbygggMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"If they had a picture of me & phone conversations of my voice chatting to a girl I believed was 13, making arrangements to meet at a local park for sex........ How could they be wrong? My IP address would be enough evidence to convict me!

There was a case where a guy (who went through a horror with his own daughter) went online in chat rooms. There are young sexually aggressive girls who don't understand what they are doing and just need to meet the wrong person who will take advantage of that. This guy went into chat rooms and arranged to meet them and took them home to the parents and advised the parents what was going on.

His motives were to protect other children from what his child went through and protect other parents from that pain.

Where are you getting your information about this group from by the way?"

Where do you get yours from?

By *obbygggMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Hence my opinion that they "jumped the gun" they should have gathered evidence, presented it to the police (keeping copies) then after conviction released the complete dossier publicly, the police could have given them some sort of acknowledgement but not endorsement, thereby making it public!

It might make at least one perv decide against acting on his fantasies, in my eyes, That's a result!"

This.

By *tirling DarkCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

"If they had a picture of me & phone conversations of my voice chatting to a girl I believed was 13, making arrangements to meet at a local park for sex........ How could they be wrong? My IP address would be enough evidence to convict me!"

Bollocks! Who else uses that IP address? How about floating IP addresses? You need more evidence than that.

This is, and always will be, a Police matter. There is no place for the high and mighty who think they are above or better than the law. How do you know that all these vigilantes are a pure as the driven snow? Could one of them not using the group as their in to vulnerable kids?

What happens when they get it wrong? You will always get the idiot "no smoke without far" brigade and a the wrongly accussed person's life is ruined.

Hinckley

"If they had a picture of me & phone conversations of my voice chatting to a girl I believed was 13, making arrangements to meet at a local park for sex........ How could they be wrong? My IP address would be enough evidence to convict me!

Where are you getting your information about this group from by the way?"

They post everything on faecesbook

Where are you getting your information about this group from by the way?

They post everything on faecesbook"

Yet the founder asked the press to keep his identity hidden!

There were a couple of excellent ITV documentaries on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUCVdL5ZNrM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAS6XOsEd0s

Hinckley

There is no place in society for this sort of behaviour. "

There is no place in society for this sort of behaviour. "

Not above the law they "defend" the law they "support" where the police don't have the resources!

As has been mentioned previously, the videos are not permissible in a court of law, but they definitely are a good foundation for a police investigation, if the suspect was a "guardian angel" type then when the police questioned the other girls parents they would immediately inform the police that "this man is a good man who may even have saved our daughters life"!

With any evidence not being released to the general public the suspect would suffer no more than a "bit of a fright"

On the other hand if the suspect is a sicko then when questioning the parents of children he's been contacting they would not know him, then in police inter_iew they could play him the phone recordings, the videos, show him the transcripts of his conversations with his potential victims, if he didn't confess & make a statement & duly get charged, prosecuted. Then at least he would be a lot less likely to try to groom children on the web in future, ergo a safer environment for kids!

Additionally the more that get caught & are publicly exposed (following conviction) by the Vig's the less likely other pervs are going to be to try and groom on places like Facebook!

Hinckley

Bollocks! Who else uses that IP address? How about floating IP addresses? You need more evidence than that.

This is, and always will be, a Police matter. There is no place for the high and mighty who think they are above or better than the law. How do you know that all these vigilantes are a pure as the driven snow? Could one of them not using the group as their in to vulnerable kids?

What happens when they get it wrong? You will always get the idiot "no smoke without far" brigade and a the wrongly accussed person's life is ruined. "

Hmm. Quite an aggressive response!

I think you'll find that there are no kids in the group for anyone who is not "driven snow" material to get an "in" to!

As for all the other (threatened animal) sounding defence you wrote about "floating/shared) ip addresses, well, if I were to chat online with someone & give them my name, even a false one & make arrangements by phone to meet for sex, then attend a prearranged meeting place the. It'd be a bit difficult to deny that I was the person calling himself bill bloggs or whatever & a sicko! You see, they never arranged a meet unless the sicko had been told time and time again that the girl was underage, they then waited where the meet was s'posed to happen, the guy turns up & is waiting for the girl & then they start filming & questioning! The guy often admits to arranging to meet the kid etc.

This material is then handed to arresting police officers!

The only thing wrong is that they publicised the videos before charge/conviction!

Quite scarey eh?

If your a paedophile of course......!

I can't see much difference between these people and the subjects that they are chasing - only maybe a little in degree.

Our legal system may not be perfect, but it is the only moral path to follow and stepping outside it is wrong, no matter what argument you put forward in assumed mitigation.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"n!

Quite scarey eh?

If your a paedophile of course......!"

or an innocent person wrongly badged and trying to rid themselves of the stigma.

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

It might make at least one perv decide against acting on his fantasies, in my eyes, That's a result!

The evidence they gather is not admissible in court. It serves no legal purpose.

And what if you were the guy they identified wrongly?"

If people think, or look back in the records, we had a case of people harasing a pediatric doctor because the local mob were unable to differentiate pediactric from pedophile so it can be very dangerous.

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

The Police really need to control an operation like this. By all means gather information but pass it on to the authorities so that a legal conviction can be obtained.

The last thing you want is for a paedo to get let off on a technicality.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

We all know how well witch-hunts and lynch mobs do with their search for truth, justice, and the British way. cf the Sun's anti paedo campaign, where mobs attacked the houses of paediatricians!

Google Stinson hunter. Doing a great job of revealing the scum of society and I applaud their efforts. It's a pity the police aren't as active because this problem isn't going away

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

I find myself pondering the motivation of these vigilantes. Do they drive around recording details of traffic offence, watch for shoplifters as they wander round Iceland?

Or is it perhaps just this cause and hence why are they so passionate about it?

If they themselves had suffered in this way I could understand their anger. If they were ill informed and ill educated parents whipped in to action by the urging of manipulative media it would not surprise me, as was the case of the sun "patrician" fiasco. But since no clear logical motive is apparent I have my suspicions.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I find myself pondering the motivation of these vigilantes. ."

I would suspect in a minority of cases, I repeat a minority, they may be busy deflecting from themselves.

Hinckley

"Google Stinson hunter. Doing a great job of revealing the scum of society and I applaud their efforts. It's a pity the police aren't as active because this problem isn't going away"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Sorry, but vigilantes are part of societies problem. We have clear cut rules and responsibilities, incl laws and police forces and courts to deal with wrong doing.

Vigilantes should be outlawed, imo.

» Add a new message to this topic