FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Socials

Socials

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *cottishrich OP   Man  over a year ago

Here and there

So I've just learned from one of the couples I chat to occasionally that there is a social in my area this evening. However, rather than being advertised, the organiser has selected who's allowed to go. Now is it just me or does that kind of defeat the point of a social? Fair enough if you're hosting a party, then be as selective as you like but for me a true social is a chance for all the newbies to meet and chat to the more experienced swingers, learn about the scene and make some connections. Whenever someone new posts on the forums the advice is always to go to a social, how are they supposed to do so if the so called social is invite only?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Simple.....

look for ones that are open to all...

Here and there

"Simple.....

look for ones that are open to all..."

I do and I have met some really nice people at socials. My point was, can you really call it a social if essentially you're only inviting our friends? Is it then not just a night out?

Here and there

*your not our.

"Simple.....

I do and I have met some really nice people at socials. My point was, can you really call it a social if essentially you're only inviting our friends? Is it then not just a night out? "

Is it just friends though?

Maybe being selective, but could be selecting people they want to get to know socially?

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Simple.....

I do and I have met some really nice people at socials.

My point was, can you really call it a social if essentially you're only inviting your friends? "

Yes.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Im assuming it was'nt advertised if its invite only in which case no one can be peeved as they would'nt have known about it

Id call it a night out with mates myself

Here and there

"Simple.....

I do and I have met some really nice people at socials. My point was, can you really call it a social if essentially you're only inviting our friends? Is it then not just a night out?

Maybe being selective, but could be selecting people they want to get to know socially?"

Perhaps. But if that's the case isn't that a little greedy and maybe even deceitful. I could message all the single girls in my area under the premise of inviting them to a "social" and when they arrive claim that all the couples and guys just haven't showed up.

Here and there

"Im assuming it was'nt advertised if its invite only in which case no one can be peeved as they would'nt have known about it

Id call it a night out with mates myself "

At least someone has got my point. I wasn't at all peeved for not being invited, after all it was only by chance that I found out about it. I just don't think you can call it a "social"

"So I've just learned from one of the couples I chat to occasionally that there is a social in my area this evening. However, rather than being advertised, the organiser has selected who's allowed to go. Now is it just me or does that kind of defeat the point of a social? Fair enough if you're hosting a party, then be as selective as you like but for me a true social is a chance for all the newbies to meet and chat to the more experienced swingers, learn about the scene and make some connections. Whenever someone new posts on the forums the advice is always to go to a social, how are they supposed to do so if the so called social is invite only? "
The person hosting the party has the control and it there chooses and yes a social but maybe if your face fit your going and if not you're not going . Can be very clicky some parties .Why I love clubs better as can do your own things .. Been to parties over the years got off with hosts friends and they hated it .

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I do not consider that a social at all. Thats a night out with mates.

Here and there

"I do not consider that a social at all. Thats a night out with mates."

"Simple.....

Maybe being selective, but could be selecting people they want to get to know socially?

Perhaps. But if that's the case isn't that a little greedy and maybe even deceitful. I could message all the single girls in my area under the premise of inviting them to a "social" and when they arrive claim that all the couples and guys just haven't showed up.

"

They have arranged it how they want to. Aslong as they have been open about it to the people they have invited I can see a problem with it.

It is up to them what they do in there own free time and for you to go to the effort of doing a post about it seems very childish

As the social was never advertised...what does it matter?

Hosts/Organisers of any social are free to extend/withdraw invites to anyone they like....

Still a social event!

Selecting who is allowed to attend doesnt make it a night out with mates...

The OP is assuming those attending all know each other???

Glasgow

"Im assuming it was'nt advertised if its invite only in which case no one can be peeved as they would'nt have known about it

Id call it a night out with mates myself

At least someone has got my point. I wasn't at all peeved for not being invited, after all it was only by chance that I found out about it. I just don't think you can call it a "social""

There's no copyright on "social". It's just a word people understand and use for this sort of event.

Fetishists have 'munches'. I don't know that it's obligatory to eat anyone.

IF they have a huge friends list

want to meet as many as possible in a short space of time

arehappy for their friends to get to know each other, mingle as it were

and they havent room at home, then yes its a social. of course it is.

we will be organising a social, but wont be having singge men there. is that not a social? why not?

just because people are excluded doesnt not make it a social event.

the fact that people are getting together makes it a social event.

Here and there

"Simple.....

They have arranged it how they want to. Aslong as they have been open about it to the people they have invited I can see a problem with it.

It is up to them what they do in there own free time and for you to go to the effort of doing a post about it seems very childish"

If you'll care to read all my posts on this subject you'll see that I couldn't care less about how it's arranged and who's allowed to go, rather I wanted to start a debate on what people think constitutes a social, which I have done.

And calling me out for being childish is hardly mature yourself

Glasgow

Running an 'open' social is a bit of a risk.

Inviting just anyone who wants an invitation leaves it possible for those whose intentions aren't of the best to leak details to those who already have a vested interest in showing swingers in a bad light.

I haven't always simply invited party guests I've known personally but they've always been known to and vouched for by people I trust.

It's an excellent way of expanding the circle of playmates and I've been rewarded by being invited to events outwith my immediate circle in return.

» Add a new message to this topic