FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > in light of recent events

in light of recent events

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

The death of Daniel pelko and now the little boy dead in his cot. Do you think you would now be more likely to report something you didn't feel as "right". I know I will be and as a parent I would sooner have had social services visit my house as a routine visit than these poor children suffering

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's just horrible isn't it!? poor kids, there was no one there for them.

Just saddening.

Speak out options being voted for here

Xx

My instinct is to speak out.

My doubt is that you simply cannot rely on Social Services to do the right thing, often a can of worms if you ask me.

Absolutely! hopefully I would be wrong but I would never live with myself if I didn't!

Maybe one positive change could be ending this "mother is always right" agenda they have, either through PC'ness or laziness.

It's the fact that people were there and not paying attention that pisses me off. Hands up who thinks scavenging food from bins covered in muck is normal behaviour??????????

Absolutely.

I actually reproted my neighbours earlier this year as they were leaving 5 kids ages from 1 to 6 ..on their own while she was off feeding her horses. I dont feel any remorse in doing so and the relevent people are now helping her.

Feeding from bins, stealing food at lunch times.

For godsake open your eyes people!!

Well, it will be nice for all those "professionals" to gather together and produce their report into what went wrong and how they will prevent it ever happening again.

Just like they did after Victoria Climbie, and Baby P, and Jessica Randall.......................

"Well, it will be nice for all those "professionals" to gather together and produce their report into what went wrong and how they will prevent it ever happening again.

Just like they did after Victoria Climbie, and Baby P, and Jessica Randall......................."

lol, those "professionals" that don't even know their own rules lol. Or facts.

Especially infuriating when you consider they claim to need degree level education to become a social worker. I was under the impression that demanded a modicum of intelligence. clearly I was wrong!!!!!

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I do intervene, nicely, if I am worried.

One of the issues that keeps coming up is that young social workers often have no experience of children. I have heard older social workers talk about time being given to allow social workers to spend time in childcare settings to learn how children actually behave so that they can better interpret what they see, rather than just listening to the parents/carers.

How the smell of that poor child mummifying in its cot for two years was not reported I do not know.

By *wencatWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I reported a neibour a couple yrs ago she put her 8 month old in a muddy garden in the snow in a baby walker I felt bad after they took him into care but turned out she had bad post natal depression she got treatment and then got the baby back so didn't feel so bad then ..

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I would report my concerns, what they choose to do after that is down to people with the expertise.

speak out but it not all down to social service as the government has cut there budgets buy half so wheres the money going to come from its sad and should never happen and i hope it never happens again

"Especially infuriating when you consider they claim to need degree level education to become a social worker. I was under the impression that demanded a modicum of intelligence. clearly I was wrong!!!!!"

We're not all stupid or neglectful of our duties. Some of us do a bloody good job against the red tape, bureaucrasy and shite! Where was the health visitor??? Social workers can only act when somebody reports concerns.

We have degrees yes, but not mind reading skills!!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I would report.

But there was a thread on here a while back in which someone asked if they should report a situation with a child that was worrying them and an awful lot of people quite scathingly told the poster to mind their own business and how would they feel if social services knocked on her door etc. That in part is one of the reasons these things happen.

"The death of Daniel pelko and now the little boy dead in his cot. Do you think you would now be more likely to report something you didn't feel as "right". I know I will be and as a parent I would sooner have had social services visit my house as a routine visit than these poor children suffering"

Unquestionably yes but I would get as much information and relevant facts as possible to back up my suspicions.

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

having had dealings with social services for years they are damned if they do and damned if they don't

I would report if I had any idea of ill treatment for sure

When you report a concern you're not making an accusation (well you may be but not the kind that requires evidence as such). You're helping professionals gain information they need to make a judgement.

I did last year based only on what I'd heard about a child's behaviour. Half a year later it was found that she was being molested by an older sibling.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

It rather makes you wonder that if such atrocities can go on in the UK where we have a half decent police force, half decent social services and the most nosy neighbours in the world, what's going on in less 'civilised' countries.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Especially infuriating when you consider they claim to need degree level education to become a social worker. I was under the impression that demanded a modicum of intelligence. clearly I was wrong!!!!!

We're not all stupid or neglectful of our duties. Some of us do a bloody good job against the red tape, bureaucrasy and shite! Where was the health visitor??? Social workers can only act when somebody reports concerns.

We have degrees yes, but not mind reading skills!!"

Nor do you have cameras in every home. I think people think social services is a first line service but you don't go out drumming up new business to meet your targets. Caseloads are too big and stories like this do put people off joining the profession.

Thank you for your work - I know I couldn't do it.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Changing the object slightly.

The baby found dead after 2 years lying in the cot was 'discovered' by a WPC who didn't accept the mother's explanation of the smell.

Instead of pushing her way in, she went off to find a social worker.

?

"Especially infuriating when you consider they claim to need degree level education to become a social worker. I was under the impression that demanded a modicum of intelligence. clearly I was wrong!!!!!

We have degrees yes, but not mind reading skills!!"

Not all, just a disturbingly large number. I've met and worked with many social workers who shouldn't be looking after a bag of trash, let alone the welfare of vulnerable groups.

"It rather makes you wonder that if such atrocities can go on in the UK where we have a half decent police force, half decent social services and the most nosy neighbours in the world, what's going on in less 'civilised' countries."

A look back at our own history provides some of the answer to that.

We have degrees yes, but not mind reading skills!!

Not all, just a disturbingly large number. I've met and worked with many social workers who shouldn't be looking after a bag of trash, let alone the welfare of vulnerable groups."

The same could be said for many 'professionals' though. But it's the same old story, point the finger at the Social Services!

As I said, where was the Health Visitor? They would have been the person with the contact in the first instance.

However, the fact remains that another child has died a terrible, painful death. The thought of his suffering saddens me greatly

» Add a new message to this topic