FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > My hands are tied !!

My hands are tied !!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Today i received a phone call from my disabled daughters school to say that she had been slapped by a male pupil which caught her across the eye, hence it has started to turn all shades of blue !!

I asked for this pupil to be removed out of the class, but instead they gave him a Rather lovely fit male LEA for one to one so he can nip this the bud before anything major happens !!

I think the school has dealt with the situation sufficiently so i did let the matter rest as i knew my daughter would have forgotten about it within 5 minutes of it happening.

I know these things happen because she has bitten, punched and even kicked me out of pure frustration and it's all because these children can-not talk.

I am currently fighting to get her into a different class because she is the only female in there and the youngest as well, the others are strapping 6ft over 10 stone lads.

I am really miffed at having to fight my cause here because bullying is bulling no matter what!!

The are classed together so they all have the same abilities and strength's in learning this why they are reluctant to move her out.... This why i feel that my hands are tied and fighting a lost cause.

I just feel that i want to be there to put my arms around her and protect but they have to learn right from wrong no matter how disabled they are !!

As Cheryl Cole say's "Fight the good Fight" I seem to be fighting all time and now i am getting tired of it all....

Sorry if this comes across as a rant it wasn't meant to be at all !!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Is she being bullied? It was very wrong of the lad but you don't say there have been any other incidents and you where happy with the way the school felt with it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

im guessing these are kids with learning difficulties.

if so then im afraid the bullying thing is a little severe.

lots know no better.

they struggle to know the difference, and as you have said with your own daughter, lash out with frustration.

if its bullying, and the lad hit your daughter with malice of forethought then yes, he should be dealt with in the same manner as any other school bully should, but you yourself should appreciate the difficulties these children face in merely trying to have a 'normal' life.

"im guessing these are kids with learning difficulties.

lots know no better.

they struggle to know the difference, and as you have said with your own daughter, lash out with frustration.

if its bullying, and the lad hit your daughter with malice of forethought then yes, he should be dealt with in the same manner as any other school bully should, but you yourself should appreciate the difficulties these children face in merely trying to have a 'normal' life."

"Is she being bullied? It was very wrong of the lad but you don't say there have been any other incidents and you where happy with the way the school felt with it"

No she has only just gone into that class, They have not said if they have had trouble with this certain lad before.

The trouble is, it is very hard to make a child that is 15 yrs with the emotions and academically minded of that of a 18 month baby to understand what he/she has done wrong in the first place !!

They use cards like on the football pitch..Red is a resounding "NO STOP THAT" sometimes it works and stops them in their tracks but most times you feel like you are banging your head against the wall

"Is she being bullied? It was very wrong of the lad but you don't say there have been any other incidents and you where happy with the way the school felt with it

No she has only just gone into that class, They have not said if they have had trouble with this certain lad before.

The trouble is, it is very hard to make a child that is 15 yrs with the emotions and academically minded of that of a 18 month baby to understand what he/she has done wrong in the first place !!

They use cards like on the football pitch..Red is a resounding "NO STOP THAT" sometimes it works and stops them in their tracks but most times you feel like you are banging your head against the wall "

if it had been your daughter had lashed out would you have considered her a bully

lots know no better.

if its bullying, and the lad hit your daughter with malice of forethought then yes, he should be dealt with in the same manner as any other school bully should, but you yourself should appreciate the difficulties these children face in merely trying to have a 'normal' life."

Very much so.... Us parents could do with a little normality too

"Is she being bullied? It was very wrong of the lad but you don't say there have been any other incidents and you where happy with the way the school felt with it

They use cards like on the football pitch..Red is a resounding "NO STOP THAT" sometimes it works and stops them in their tracks but most times you feel like you are banging your head against the wall if it had been your daughter had lashed out would you have considered her a bully"

Yes of course, I am the only one she attacks at home thankfully. She is a very quiet child and hates noise... All i am asking of them is to give her some female contact her own age not just big boisterous males. When they do sit and learn anything it shouldn't be on how to hit each other...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

lots know no better.

if its bullying, and the lad hit your daughter with malice of forethought then yes, he should be dealt with in the same manner as any other school bully should, but you yourself should appreciate the difficulties these children face in merely trying to have a 'normal' life.

Very much so.... Us parents could do with a little normality too "

what is normal today, though? lol

By *uckyinlustMan  over a year ago

manchester

God, such a complicated situation .....

My daughter is downs, and she goes to mainstream school, she is 9 , and the only downs kid in the school , and she absolutely loves her school and I count my blessings

I just wouldn't want her in that situation at all

Your daughter needs to be with kids of similar ability and requirements

ALL kids hit and do nasty things to each other , that's just normal , but the most important thing for your child is her general happiness and well being .........as you know already.................. and you don't need me or anyone else telling you what is best for her , but I completely understand how you feel

lots know no better.

Very much so.... Us parents could do with a little normality too

what is normal today, though? lol"

» Add a new message to this topic