FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Labelled by Society

Labelled by Society

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just a passing thought on the stereotypes society dictates we should place on ourselves, and all the problems that come with it, thanks to all the bigots and discriminate fucksticks we live with. Not to mention the lawyers and bleeding hearts that help to segregate groups that ought to be a part of us, rather than apart...

If it gets you down, I'd like you to consider this:

The only thing I ever saw with a label on it was for sale and I'm not!

How about you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

labels ar a part of life, always have been and always will be. its human nature to compartmentalize information, when we see people we label them without thinking it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We all define ourselves (construct our identity) by what we're not and give ourselves an identity (label) accordingly.

I saw an exotic plant in a hothouse with a label on it and that plant was not for sale.

Why do you think everyone should "be with us"? The world affairs would suggest an awful lot of people don't want to be with us. They don't even want us to be part of them.

Do you not think that someone who you would define as a bigot simply has different views to you?

"labels ar a part of life, always have been and always will be. its human nature to compartmentalize information, when we see people we label them without thinking it."

That is true and the likes of the police are trained to stereotype. However do you not think that labels are sensationalised and stigmatised as a result of having so much attention placed on them?

Once something has a bad name, it sticks with that label. Ask the blacks, the gays, the unemployed etc

I will leave you all to debate and to say what you like but my personal belief is that self-labelling also is pretty shallow and assuming.

I dont much see a problem in not labelling myself and having people discover for themselves if they are intrigued enough to know me. And then regardless of who and what I am, it shouldnt be a problem to them because I am not a bad person.

"labels ar a part of life, always have been and always will be. its human nature to compartmentalize information, when we see people we label them without thinking it.

That is true and the likes of the police are trained to stereotype. However do you not think that labels are sensationalised and stigmatised as a result of having so much attention placed on them?

Once something has a bad name, it sticks with that label. Ask the blacks, the gays, the unemployed etc"

Google 'Folk Devils and Moral Panics'

"labels ar a part of life, always have been and always will be. its human nature to compartmentalize information, when we see people we label them without thinking it."

Supposed to take 9 seconds

"Just a passing thought on the stereotypes society dictates we should place on ourselves, and all the problems that come with it, thanks to all the bigots and discriminate fucksticks we live with. Not to mention the lawyers and bleeding hearts that help to segregate groups that ought to be a part of us, rather than apart...

How about you?"

so many people on here like to segregate people, have filters for this, for that and filters for everything, you would thing swingers would band together for the good of the community, rather than chose to label people, but hey such is life, and when you are in a group that includes liars and cheaters, I don't expect you can expect anything different.

evesham

"labels ar a part of life, always have been and always will be. its human nature to compartmentalize information, when we see people we label them without thinking it.

Once something has a bad name, it sticks with that label. Ask the blacks, the gays, the unemployed etc"

i think attitudes to race and sexuality have changed massively over the years so no i dont think in all cases labels stick.

you have proof the police are trained to stereotype?

they are more vigilant with certain sections of society, but hardly stereotyping.

take terrorists, for example, its been said before, not all islamists are terrorists, but most terrorists seem to be islamists, so why would they stop and search a middle class white man on suspicion of terrorism?

its not stereotyping, its profiling

as for society in general, people live on labels.

some cant survive without knowing they belong to one group or another, its just the way it is.

evesham

"Just a passing thought on the stereotypes society dictates we should place on ourselves, and all the problems that come with it, thanks to all the bigots and discriminate fucksticks we live with. Not to mention the lawyers and bleeding hearts that help to segregate groups that ought to be a part of us, rather than apart...

How about you?

so many people on here like to segregate people, have filters for this, for that and filters for everything, you would thing swingers would band together for the good of the community, rather than chose to label people, but hey such is life, and when you are in a group that includes liars and cheaters, I don't expect you can expect anything different."

why should we stick together more just because we like sex. there is a great cross section of society on here and i think its hearing other peoples views and takes on situations etc is great. f we all bonded together for the 'good of the community' then things wuld be pretty boring.

Once something has a bad name, it sticks with that label. Ask the blacks, the gays, the unemployed etc

they are more vigilant with certain sections of society, but hardly stereotyping.

take terrorists, for example, its been said before, not all islamists are terrorists, but most terrorists seem to be islamists, so why would they stop and search a middle class white man on suspicion of terrorism?

some cant survive without knowing they belong to one group or another, its just the way it is."

It's a fact that during SUS in the 80s police targeted young black males in inner city areas with no hard evidence that they were any more likely to commit crime than anyone else

How about you?

so many people on here like to segregate people, have filters for this, for that and filters for everything, you would thing swingers would band together for the good of the community, rather than chose to label people, but hey such is life, and when you are in a group that includes liars and cheaters, I don't expect you can expect anything different.

why should we stick together more just because we like sex. there is a great cross section of society on here and i think its hearing other peoples views and takes on situations etc is great. f we all bonded together for the 'good of the community' then things wuld be pretty boring."

Okay I have to answer that.

Communities ought to stick together more so that there is less unemployment, poverty, abuse and crime.

If you can live with all of the above problems that are happening as a result of so much ignorance and passiveness towards each other, then how can you expect anyone to give a shit about you when you're weak and could use a helping hand?

[Removed by poster at 17/09/13 17:01:46]

some cant survive without knowing they belong to one group or another, its just the way it is."

Profiling is a police word for the constructive method of stereotyping.

some cant survive without knowing they belong to one group or another, its just the way it is.

It's a fact that during SUS in the 80s police targeted young black males in inner city areas with no hard evidence that they were any more likely to commit crime than anyone else "

well, firstly, again, its profiling rather than stereotyping (disgruntled black youths were 'possibly' more likely to commit crime than white youths, whereas whites were generally too busy being mixed up with organised racial hate groups.)

secondly, you are basing your opinion on something that happened 30 years ago. thats a generational change.

my examples were from this decade.

It's a fact that during SUS in the 80s police targeted young black males in inner city areas with no hard evidence that they were any more likely to commit crime than anyone else

well, firstly, again, its profiling rather than stereotyping (disgruntled black youths were 'possibly' more likely to commit crime than white youths, whereas whites were generally too busy being mixed up with organised racial hate groups.)

secondly, you are basing your opinion on something that happened 30 years ago. thats a generational change.

my examples were from this decade."

But it isn't an opinion

evesham

How about you?

why should we stick together more just because we like sex. there is a great cross section of society on here and i think its hearing other peoples views and takes on situations etc is great. f we all bonded together for the 'good of the community' then things wuld be pretty boring.

Communities ought to stick together more so that there is less unemployment, poverty, abuse and crime.

If you can live with all of the above problems that are happening as a result of so much ignorance and passiveness towards each other, then how can you expect anyone to give a shit about you when you're weak and could use a helping hand?"

i think you misunderstood. yes society as a whole should stick together to fight all of the above but the person i quoted said that we as swingers should be stick together and not label people etc.

How about you?

If you can live with all of the above problems that are happening as a result of so much ignorance and passiveness towards each other, then how can you expect anyone to give a shit about you when you're weak and could use a helping hand?

i think you misunderstood. yes society as a whole should stick together to fight all of the above but the person i quoted said that we as swingers should be stick together and not label people etc."

Look up, you quoted me lol and there is no mention of sticking together as swingers. Regardless, sorry if I came on strong

evesham

How about you?

i think you misunderstood. yes society as a whole should stick together to fight all of the above but the person i quoted said that we as swingers should be stick together and not label people etc.

Look up, you quoted me lol and there is no mention of sticking together as swingers. Regardless, sorry if I came on strong "

no i didn't, i quoted manrider

evesham

who in turn quoted you

How about you?

Look up, you quoted me lol and there is no mention of sticking together as swingers. Regardless, sorry if I came on strong

no i didn't, i quoted manrider"

...AAARGH!!! So much reading. I apologise xx

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Personally I think most people should not label others as most people are rubbish at it however some of us are very astute at assessing other humans x

» Add a new message to this topic