FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Have you made a will

Have you made a will

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aravancouple OP   Man  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

We keep saying we will make one, but never get round to it, as we don't want to tempt fate.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That would be the ultimate Sod's law wouldn't it

To answer the question neither have I for similar reasons

"We keep saying we will make one, but never get round to it, as we don't want to tempt fate. "

Ekk you need to do one asap it hell if you have not and with some.

I not got any one so i have not.

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

nah .. i'm invinsible !

Yes and if you don't have one get one done.

By *exiSlutBabeWoman  over a year ago

Stoke

nobody knows their net worth at the time of death, the cause of your death may by compensation to your family make you worth millions, much of which the tax man will eat if you have no will.

On our list of things to do. Also to sit down and discuss our funeral arrangements.

no because I don't have a pot to piss in!

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I would beg everyone to make a will.

My Fil didn't make one, cos in the words of the OP it was tempting fate. But he died suddenly and because of the value of the estate, there were legal ramifications.Because of one greedy member of the family the estate took 5 years to sort out.In that time because of legal costs the estate was devalued by 20%. But the health costs were even more.

I made a will when I was 20, Im still here at 54. Making a will doesn't kill you.

have nothing to leave, but have discussed funeral arrangements.

Miss PP

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Yeah, so I can leave ma ex all ma debts

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

No we haven't....but it's something we need to do.

Yes about 3 years ago ... very simple and very cheap - about £70.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

No I don't want to think about that right now.... But the only thing valueable I have is my ghd straightners...

"We keep saying we will make one, but never get round to it, as we don't want to tempt fate. "

Your not gonna die..like soon or anything.

Oh god fire!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"We keep saying we will make one, but never get round to it, as we don't want to tempt fate.

Oh god fire! "

Ben you don't know what is around the corner so sometimes its good to be prepared says she who is not even thinking about a will...

When I bought my first property the lawyer offered to do one for free so took him up on the offer, be stupid not to.

"We keep saying we will make one, but never get round to it, as we don't want to tempt fate.

Oh god fire!

Ben you don't know what is around the corner so sometimes its good to be prepared says she who is not even thinking about a will..."

True!

But believe me if I kick the bucket over anytime soon it ain't a big loss to the world.

I don't think it's just to do with how much you have to leave someone. My mother passed away suddenly without not much financially. It was just a long drawn out process to get the estate finalized something we all could have done without.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i've got nothing to leave

i am woefully unprepared. no savings, no pension, no will no nothing

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

No and yes i should

By *ombshellWoman  over a year ago

islington

nope, got fuck all to leave anyone apart from my sexy gear and rabbits which i dont think my kids would fight over! lol

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes... I made one when I bought a 2nd property... Just in case I went on to marry my ex... I wanted to make sure it went to who I wanted it to go to and not him... lol

I've since had to change it cause my flat I live in (that was originally bought with my ex) would have gone to him even after we split...

I've had mine for about 12 years... and touch wood, I'm still here lol

By *unglerivermonkeyMan  over a year ago

Scarborough

It was necessary a short time back for me to make out a will.

All I can say,having looked into it,is if you have anything of value i.e own your own home, then I would strongly advise making a will.

It does not have to be expensive. I picked up a form from a solicitor and filled in the details they required. They then drew up my will and kept a copy themselves and it cost me £30.

By *rummagemMan  over a year ago

Bedworth/Nuneaton

Yes, and I'm single. I've bequeathed my family and friends. But I'm not expecting to die soon! I'd urge everyone to do a will, and get it checked by a solicitor.

If you're in a partnership or have significant others, and aren't married it's even more important, especially if you've got children. The will can set out your express wishes as to who will get guardianship, etc, if your children are orphaned.

Just because you do a will doesn't mean anything bad will happen and it can save a lot of heartache, hassle and arguments within the family!

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I haven't YET, purely because I am single and I don't have kids! If you do have kids, I will insist that you do make one! Because, my parents have one but want to change it due to various reasons, I do not want to have any awkward decisions to make should the worst happen!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My dad didn't leave a will and it was a nightmare

Yes.its the sensible thing to do.please do one ASAP it will be a night mare for your relatives otherwise.poppyxx

Nothing to leave.

By *atcherofmyballsMan  over a year ago

hereford

Yes I have but need to change it

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Just do it. It's simple and if you do it through a solicitor who is part of Will Aid a donation goes to charity too.

It's really important to do if you have anything other than a traditional nuclear, married parents family.

Not to do it just causes pain and frustration to those you leave behind at a time when they are dealing with losing you.

I have one but it does need updating as it's 12 years old now.

Ok, I deal in dreams and realities!

For those of you who say you have nothing to leave - some of you have children! If you die without making a will, your children could end up in care if there is any dispute over who will look after them!

Please please please make a will. Cross your fingers, take a black cat with you - whatever you need to do - just please make your will !

Anyone want the soap box back???

By *atcherofmyballsMan  over a year ago

hereford

"Nothing to leave. "

You could leave me breathless

Yes i have did it years ago when i was having my hobbit as it was a risk i should maybe redo it now she is 8.

Yes I have and I update it every few years.

My advice would be make a will and go to a solicitor who is a member of the law society. Don't buy a will writing kit or go to unqualified will writers that offer their services on the high street.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Yes.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I honestly don't get the mentality of not having a will, I made one when I was pregnant with my first child: I was 22.

My dad died intestate as he had the same stupid mentality of not making a will: a right pain in the flipping arse that was!

I have no intention of leaving my girls the bother of sorting out my shit or given the government more than I have to.

[Removed by poster at 16/09/13 22:42:08]

I'm worth quite a lot of money if anything happens to me thanks to a death in service and a pension lump sum that would payable. But for each a beneficiary is nominated so it would all go to crystal regardless of me not having a will. I'm not at all materialistic so have little of any consequence but due to a huge (and irreconcilable) falling out with my family I really should as they are still my next of kin and I would hate them getting involved in my funeral arrangements.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"

I have no intention of leaving my girls the bother of sorting out my shit or given the government more than I have to."

Absolutely agree - I made one years ago.

"I'm worth quite a lot of money if anything happens to me thanks to a death in service and a pension lump sum that would payable. But for each a beneficiary is nominated so it would all go to crystal regardless of me not having a will. I'm not at all materialistic so have little of any consequence but due to a huge (and irreconcilable) falling out with my family I really should as they are still my next of kin and I would hate them getting involved in my funeral arrangements."

They may also contest Crystal being the beneficiary without a will.

No but I don't intend to die yet.

Yes.

Keep an eye out for local solicitors who occasionally do them for free ( with a request to make a donation to a specified cause.)

Failing that a simplish will is not that expensive.

One tip though : Be very careful of who you nominate as the executors, try to avoid nominating a solicitor at all costs. I once read that even the Law Society advise NOT to nominate a lawyer as such. They would have carte blanche to rob the estate blind and it does happen, all too frequently.

No, but its easy. Give everything I own to charity

Yes hubby and me both have wills made

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I honestly don't get the mentality of not having a will, I made one when I was pregnant with my first child: I was 22.

My dad died intestate as he had the same stupid mentality of not making a will: a right pain in the flipping arse that was!

I have no intention of leaving my girls the bother of sorting out my shit or given the government more than I have to."

mine isn't the mentality of not wanting one but just not having got to it yet.

i have no estate, no debt, no children etc so not sure what i would put in it really

i could leave my shoe and handbag collection to someone - its not designer, just newlook/primark specials lol

Anybody posting here that would like wills advice or wills themselves, please fel free to PM as i have a vey close family friend that deals with exactly tgat and also, estate planning wealth management.... So on and so forth.

Wills are very important and can really help you be prepared in a time of sadness an need. Do the right thing and get started today i promise it isn't nearly as difficult as you think.

"I'm worth quite a lot of money if anything happens to me thanks to a death in service and a pension lump sum that would payable. But for each a beneficiary is nominated so it would all go to crystal regardless of me not having a will. I'm not at all materialistic so have little of any consequence but due to a huge (and irreconcilable) falling out with my family I really should as they are still my next of kin and I would hate them getting involved in my funeral arrangements.

They may also contest Crystal being the beneficiary without a will.

"

Death in service benefit can only be claimed by who-ever I nominate in life. Pension can only be claimed by spouse (and common-law, defined by cohabiting, is accepted). My parents have no chance of a penny if anything happens.to me.

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I had one but the divorce made it null and void but i do need to sort one as may daughter is adamant she will never again live with her father even if something happened to me. I shall look into it tomorrow I think!!!!

By *ondering_yorkshiremanMan  over a year ago

Somewhere near NE Derbyshire/S Yorkshire/Nottinghamshire border

If your in an union through work they usually offer a free will writing service.

If not some high street stationary retailers sell diy ones

"No, but its easy. Give everything I own to charity "

Which one? All you have to do is name one or two and the percentage of your estate you want them to have.

I've seen huge family fall outs over who got what when a loved one died. True colours definitley shine through when money is involved and if she'd had a will it wouldn't have possibly got that bitchy and shitty.

I can honestly say I left them all to it at the time.

By *lanwoodMan  over a year ago

Alton

You need to do one ASAP, not least to nominate who gets the caravan!

"No, but its easy. Give everything I own to charity "

There's been horror stories where charities are involved too. They want their cut and FAST

"No, but its easy. Give everything I own to charity

Which one? All you have to do is name one or two and the percentage of your estate you want them to have."

Local hospital. To fix/replace or get advanced machinery that they can't afford. I don't have an estate or much assets. I have cash, car and everything else is non valuable really. But would be great to give that to the Salvation Army. If I couldn't get cash for the things that don't have cash value.

"I've seen huge family fall outs over who got what when a loved one died. True colours definitley shine through when money is involved and if she'd had a will it wouldn't have possibly got that bitchy and shitty.

I can honestly say I left them all to it at the time. "

Yes, we've had recent family fallings out over an estate. It was so much stress for those involved.

Alton

"No, but its easy. Give everything I own to charity

There's been horror stories where charities are involved too. They want their cut and FAST"

Yes, I've had experience of that, and they won't believe they've got their full entitlement until you show them full accounts.

By *lutandhubbyCouple  over a year ago

west midlands

i want my ashes scattered over my wife's cornflakes, so i can go through her ass one more time

By *umpleteazerWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Yes, we got a special deal, fifty quid for both. We then realised they were going to charge us £20 a month to store them! Obviously cancelled this once we had our copies. Be careful who you go with and check the small print though

"

Yes.

Keep an eye out for local solicitors who occasionally do them for free ( with a request to make a donation to a specified cause.)

One tip though : Be very careful of who you nominate as the executors, try to avoid nominating a solicitor at all costs. I once read that even the Law Society advise NOT to nominate a lawyer as

such. They would have carte blanche to rob the estate blind and it does happen, all too frequently."

That is just not true. Solicitors do not charge for being Executors and will not benefit under a will. They will of course have charges for dealing with an estate.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I actually am looking after mums will for her....I know what's in it in terms of funeral arrangements and so forth...

I am not executor but mum trust me to look after it

Ian yes due to the nature of his job.

Charlie no.

Alton

"

Yes.

One tip though : Be very careful of who you nominate as the executors, try to avoid nominating a solicitor at all costs. I once read that even the Law Society advise NOT to nominate a lawyer as

such. They would have carte blanche to rob the estate blind and it does happen, all too frequently.

That is just not true. Solicitors do not charge for being Executors and will not benefit under a will. They will of course have charges for dealing with an estate.

"

That isn't correct. Most wills will have a clause in them specifically allowing someone acting in a professional capacity to charge for their time. And, boy, do they charge! My advice is to have a relative, or more than one, appointed as executor but, if the estate is at all complicated, engage a solicitor to handle it at a pre-agreed fee, not the percentage of the estate that they usually prefer. If you aren't satisfied with the solicitor, they can be sacked and replaced. You cannot remove an executor once the administration of an estate has started, so if you have a rogue solicitor, or even worse a bank, as executor, you can't get rid of them without complicated and expensive court action. Trust me, I've had personal experience of this.

Thank you for all your advice we will go and make our will's as soon as we get back from Anglesey next week.

Had one since I was 21

Alton

"Thank you for all your advice we will go and make our will's as soon as we get back from Anglesey next week. "

Don't forget to say who gets the caravan!

"Thank you for all your advice we will go and make our will's as soon as we get back from Anglesey next week.

Don't forget to say who gets the caravan! "

It is going to caravan research on top gear

Alton

"Thank you for all your advice we will go and make our will's as soon as we get back from Anglesey next week.

It is going to caravan research on top gear "

A very worthy cause. I'm just glad you didn't want to give it to me.

A very worthy cause. I'm just glad you didn't want to give it to me. "

We couldn't wish that on anyone

Alton

A very worthy cause. I'm just glad you didn't want to give it to me.

We couldn't wish that on anyone "

That bad eh?

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

We haven't up till now, we don't own anything (!) but a recent life event has made us start talking about the importance of putting one together, so we shall do in the next few months.

*Her*

» Add a new message to this topic