FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Plastic Bag Charging - what happens to the money

Plastic Bag Charging - what happens to the money

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exySwing3rs OP   Couple  over a year ago

In Your Hearts

Apparently, the retailers are under no obligation to pass on the revenue from the bags.

There doesn't appear to be any checks and balances to ensure all the proceeds go to charities.

Am I being too sceptical?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ibanditMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

No, you're right, I'm sure the supermarkets will make an occasional gesture with a big cheque, but you can be sure they won't pass on the full whack.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

The butchers I used to work in have a designated PLU for the 5p from each and each year they choose a local charity and present the cheque. The first year was the lifeboat. Not sure of the others since I left x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What they should do is bearing mind the massive stock already available to them is give the 5p back to customer via voucher for food or off litre of fuel.

Whilst the environmental thing is important but follow the logic in time the theory is folk use own bags so what happens to the plastic industry that produce the bags.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't you think it's appropriate that the Deputy Prime Minister has been put in charge of this scheme? .......... No! No! I hear you cry, This is waaaay too challenging for him and will tax him unduly!

Poor lambkins !

By *hérieWoman  over a year ago

North Wales

It has been really successful in Wales.

Stores give to different charities.

Most tell you where the money is going.

And most do the bag for life for a few pence and keep replacing it for free when it's knackered.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Don't you think it's appropriate that the Deputy Prime Minister has been put in charge of this scheme? .......... No! No! I hear you cry, This is waaaay too challenging for him and will tax him unduly!

Poor lambkins !"

And Clegg is, of course, a man never known to lie

» Add a new message to this topic