FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Macklemore- Same love

Macklemore- Same love

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I love this song and love the video.

We've come so far in the last 20 years that we can now have two men kissing on tv. But still so far to go.

Do you know any gay people that are 'out'? I live in a small village type area and people still have to hide.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Love it love it love it...i like him tho my sons q big fan

And yes lots and have a cousin who had a civil ceremony a few years ago.

When talking about the wedding my hobbit found it so funny and would burst out laughing....she asked after a while which one was wearing the dress....in her little mind it wasnt the fact 2 guys were getting wed but that one would wear a dress.

She wasnt so interested when she found out both were wearing suits

To be fair my only reason for posting this was to decare my love for the song and for the video. I've had homophobic abuse aimed at me many times so I'm just glad the world is slowly changing.

My 11 yo introduced me to the song a while back ... Love the sentiments of it and of a lot of Macklemores other stuff also has thought provoking lyrics; thrift shop and flying are particularly good.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Wow just watched the video...it's a great song

"And yes lots and have a cousin who had a civil ceremony a few years ago.

When talking about the wedding my hobbit found it so funny and would burst out laughing....she asked after a while which one was wearing the dress....in her little mind it wasnt the fact 2 guys were getting wed but that one would wear a dress.

She wasnt so interested when she found out both were wearing suits "

Aww bless her!

I took mine to London Pride last year. They didn't bat an eyelid at any of it. When it started to rain I said we should go but they wanted to stay and watch. Brilliant.

I only know one gay pair, as in actual friends with them.

One of them is hard as fuck. haha!

"Wow just watched the video...it's a great song "

and there's me thinking you were paying attention

As a young kid I was always surrounded by someone that was gay. My mum brought,sold and rode dressage horses and she only really employed male riders....now most of them were gay..she said less drama as some of the straight riders were caught shagging the grooms and the drama in the yard at times was funny...I was about 16 when I experienced my first gay club mum and dad thought I'd be safer there then anywhere else...it sure was an eye opener it was during that time I learnt about my own sexuality and that I was bisexual however I suppressed them feelings until I turned 30 and the funny things is I could never tell my parents I like women also...I was lucky to have parents with such liberal views around it so was never made to feel it was wrong to be gay...

"Wow just watched the video...it's a great song

and there's me thinking you were paying attention "

I do sir honest

"I love this song and love the video.

We've come so far in the last 20 years that we can now have two men kissing on tv. But still so far to go.

Do you know any gay people that are 'out'? I live in a small village type area and people still have to hide.

"

Tho I'm vaguely bisexual I'm stronger on the gay side. I live in a small village n people just see me as a gay male (well folks feel more comfortable if they can pigeonhole ya innit) . I've been 'out ' for 46 years - ya only here once I've no intention of lurking um thr shadows!

I do sir honest "

Ok ... so which Just Jack vid followed the Macklemore vid in my enthralling musical interlude?

I do sir honest

Ok ... so which Just Jack vid followed the Macklemore vid in my enthralling musical interlude? "

I have no idea

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I only know one gay pair, as in actual friends with them.

One of them is hard as fuck. haha! "

It's cruel to tease him Ben

Heard it for the first time when over in the states a couple of weeks ago.

Played it on the radio over there every two minutes. fab song great message.

Got on me mp3 while training.

Fantastic

It's cruel to tease him Ben "

I've been waiting for that asshole!

Oh...shit done it again!

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

It's cruel to tease him Ben

I've been waiting for that asshole!

Oh...shit done it again! "

"And yes lots and have a cousin who had a civil ceremony a few years ago.

She wasnt so interested when she found out both were wearing suits

Aww bless her!

I took mine to London Pride last year. They didn't bat an eyelid at any of it. When it started to rain I said we should go but they wanted to stay and watch. Brilliant. "

All of mine have been to manc pride....my twins are very close to my cousin they call him and his hubby uncle and spend lots of weekends at theirs.

I almost came to fisty cuffs with someone telling me i shouldnt let them and that its not natural for teen boys to spend so much time with 2 gay guys....

They are gay not fucking pedos as i told them...and since their dad died my brothers and my cousin and his partner have been like father figures.

Makes me so mad when people assume someones a bad influence because they are gay!

The first two weddings (civil ceremonies at the time) that my young daughter attended were between two women.

On the occasion of the third - between her aunt and her husband - she was moved to ask whether a man and a woman were allowed to be married

Love the song and respect the fact that he is still an independent artist so no label tainting his lyrics or unique style!

I know a few gay folks that are out and generally people are tolerant but have caught a few comments behind their backs. To me it's always been a non issue, but my Mum is and my Gran was very open minded and strong women who never had issues with sexuality, race, etc...they just accepted people as who they were and my Sister and I are the same. My niece never even batted an eyelid when we went out for meals with two guys that were a couple, but guess kids aren't tainted with what society thinks is the norm yet x

Slightly off topic, we once went to a social in Nottingham and the hotel we stayed at had a gay civil ceremony on between 2 women, and the wedding party were disgusted that swingers were stopping in the same hotel as them, even though one of the moms ended up sleeping with one of the swingers

Tho I'm vaguely bisexual I'm stronger on the gay side. I live in a small village n people just see me as a gay male (well folks feel more comfortable if they can pigeonhole ya innit) . I've been 'out ' for 46 years - ya only here once I've no intention of lurking um thr shadows! "

It's ok to be gay.

I've found that (some) gay people and straight people aren't so keen on bi people.

"

We've got a decent gay scene where I live, in fact, gay night is the night everyone goes out because it's by far the best night! So I can't imagine living somewhere people 'couldn't' come out. My gay best friend kinda came out at college but it wasn't exactly news to us, we would've been shocked it he'd said he was straight though!

I can't imagine anything worse than not being able to be true to yourself and live the life you deserve.

I fell in love with the song the first time I heard it. Something about it drew me in and for a change I actually listened to the words. Fingers crossed it can make at least one person see sense and accept people for who they are.

Normal.

» Add a new message to this topic