FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Acts of kindness

Acts of kindness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ensual temptress OP   Woman  over a year ago

Southampton

This morning are launching a campaign to get 50,000 acts of random kindness .

For the first 50,000 meaningful acts of kindness pledged, the Government will donate £5 per pledge to ITV’s Text Santa appeal – which supports six UK charities who provide practical help or support.

You can register on the this morning web site to pledge your act of kindness . Thought this was a lovely thing to do and maybe encourage people to continue to do these random acts .

Even some great ideas of things people can do on the web site .

Would be great if people really got behind this x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Perhaps the government should consider extending some kindness to all the ill and disabled people they are currently trying to kill off before chucking money at a publicity stunt.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why doesn't the government just hand the money over to charity without all this 'do something first, and we will oblige' attitude? They obviously have the cash to do so or they wouldn't pledge it!

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Im forever performing acts of kindness...

NOT telling This Morning about them though

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple  over a year ago

Takeley

Laudable, however, if it doesn't need to be monetary. I find the lack of general kindness in society, freely given is sad. Open a door for a lady, say you're welcome when thanked. Show consideration to your fellow man. I try and do at least one kind thing each day, just for me, it makes me happy

"Im forever performing acts of kindness...

NOT telling This Morning about them though "

If you would be so kind as to ............. I would be eternally grateful

"Im forever performing acts of kindness...

NOT telling This Morning about them though "

I'd get a restraining order from this morning if i was to register my act of kindness i'd do to (i mean 'for') Holly Willobooby!

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"............

.......... the Government will donate £5 per pledge .........."

That'll be £5 of YOUR money.

Southampton

well hopefully this will get people to think a bit more about what they can do for others and not just what can be done for them .sadly the attitude in society in general .

By * and K coupleTV/TS  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"Perhaps the government should consider extending some kindness to all the ill and disabled people they are currently trying to kill off before chucking money at a publicity stunt."

couldnt agree more

"well hopefully this will get people to think a bit more about what they can do for others and not just what can be done for them .sadly the attitude in society in general . "

Will it? If people already couldn't give a toss about others, i'm pretty sure a publicity stunt by the government won't change them!

"Perhaps the government should consider extending some kindness to all the ill and disabled people they are currently trying to kill off before chucking money at a publicity stunt."

Well said.

Glasgow

"well hopefully this will get people to think a bit more about what they can do for others and not just what can be done for them .sadly the attitude in society in general . "

Most people who CAN help already do.

Many of the others only survive via food banks and similar. I suspect they'd LOVE to be able to show generosity to other.

Southampton

isn't 50,000 acts of kindness, even if purely one off better than none at all???

Every time I've performed great acts of kindness I've always found it rebounds on me and I'm left feeling somewhat fucked over.

So how about I just give them the five pounds?

Glasgow

"Every time I've performed great acts of kindness I've always found it rebounds on me and I'm left feeling somewhat fucked over.

So how about I just give them the five pounds? "

How about thinking up something novel or clever to do with the fiver that might generate even more dosh?

Southampton

"well hopefully this will get people to think a bit more about what they can do for others and not just what can be done for them .sadly the attitude in society in general .

Most people who CAN help already do.

Many of the others only survive via food banks and similar. I suspect they'd LOVE to be able to show generosity to other."

How many don't though ? This is about giving a little time to do something for someone else ,not money . Help tidy a neighbours garden . Put a bin out for a neighbour .Do abit of diy for someone who cant manage it ..

Sorry but im failing to see how these are bad things to be considering

" isn't 50,000 acts of kindness, even if purely one off better than none at all???"

But what would constitute an act of kindness? Giving up your seat on the bus? I do that. Giving things to cancer research shop? I do that. Or, would i be correct in thinking that money is involved in the governments thinking? As per usual!! As i said, if they already have the money to spend on charities, then do it without all these publicity stunts. Maybe that would be an act of kindness.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

[Removed by poster at 13/09/13 14:43:04]

"Every time I've performed great acts of kindness I've always found it rebounds on me and I'm left feeling somewhat fucked over.

So how about I just give them the five pounds?

How about thinking up something novel or clever to do with the fiver that might generate even more dosh?"

Tried that. Put a fiver on the 2/1 fav and it got beat!

How many front line service personnel are the Government sacking to free up the quarter of a million pounds they are giving to this?

Southampton

" isn't 50,000 acts of kindness, even if purely one off better than none at all???

But what would constitute an act of kindness? Giving up your seat on the bus? I do that. Giving things to cancer research shop? I do that. Or, would i be correct in thinking that money is involved in the governments thinking? As per usual!! As i said, if they already have the money to spend on charities, then do it without all these publicity stunts. Maybe that would be an act of kindness."

personally i think fuck the politics if charities get extra money and theres some more thoughtfulness and kindness in the world then worth doing .

Glasgow

" .........

personally i think fuck the politics if charities get extra money and theres some more thoughtfulness and kindness in the world then worth doing . "

Osborne could do that very easily by increasing the rate of Gift Aid.

Just not as glamorous as getting a politico on daytime tv to leer down Willy Hollowhead's cleavage.

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

" This morning are launching a campaign to get 50,000 acts of random kindness .

For the first 50,000 meaningful acts of kindness pledged, the Government will donate £5 per pledge to ITV’s Text Santa appeal – which supports six UK charities who provide practical help or support.

You can register on the this morning web site to pledge your act of kindness . Thought this was a lovely thing to do and maybe encourage people to continue to do these random acts .

Even some great ideas of things people can do on the web site .

Would be great if people really got behind this x"

Am I wrong in thinking that the point of the OP is not the just the money, surely it's good for our soul, our sense of common humanity, to do acts of random kindness for our own well being.

Letting Government take that responsibility alone diminishes and isolates us from making our small contribution to the welfare of others.

" isn't 50,000 acts of kindness, even if purely one off better than none at all???

But what would constitute an act of kindness? Giving up your seat on the bus? I do that. Giving things to cancer research shop? I do that. Or, would i be correct in thinking that money is involved in the governments thinking? As per usual!! As i said, if they already have the money to spend on charities, then do it without all these publicity stunts. Maybe that would be an act of kindness.

personally i think fuck the politics if charities get extra money and theres some more thoughtfulness and kindness in the world then worth doing . "

But thats my whole point!! The government should just give the money to charity if they already have it to spare, without all this, 'you do something first and we will match it' bollocks! Maybe that way, we will see our government actually being pro-active, and just perhaps, WE will match THEM!

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple  over a year ago

Takeley

read recently about a couple, who were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. Their present to each other by way of a celebration: they did 25 acts of kindness, one for ever year they'd been married. Some to neighbours, friends, strangers. Inspirational.

South Devon

personally i think fuck the politics if charities get extra money and theres some more thoughtfulness and kindness in the world then worth doing .

But thats my whole point!! The government should just give the money to charity if they already have it to spare, without all this, 'you do something first and we will match it' bollocks! Maybe that way, we will see our government actually being pro-active, and just perhaps, WE will match THEM!"

Could be you are missing the point, it's not about the Government doing something first, it's not a contest. However cynical the motives might be or politically expedient, there remains a basic truth, random acts of kindness are about us the people not state handouts. Doing them, enjoying them, is far more enriching for us as humans than simply paying taxes

Southampton

"read recently about a couple, who were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. Their present to each other by way of a celebration: they did 25 acts of kindness, one for ever year they'd been married. Some to neighbours, friends, strangers. Inspirational."

what a lovely thing to do !

Southampton

But thats my whole point!! The government should just give the money to charity if they already have it to spare, without all this, 'you do something first and we will match it' bollocks! Maybe that way, we will see our government actually being pro-active, and just perhaps, WE will match THEM!"

ok so its better to have zero put to charity and no one to bother their arse doing something selfless ? yeah way to stick it to the government !!!!pmsl !!

as someone has pointed out this goes deeper then the government and any rights of wrongs of it . bottom line a lot of good can come from this if you look at the bigger picture .

as for the "why don't they just give the money to charity anyway " .... maybe because a lot of society already have a very selfish sense of entitlement already ! things don't affect them directly so why would they do anything about it .if something gets 50,0000 people to think about someone else how can that be bad ?

South Devon

But thats my whole point!! The government should just give the money to charity if they already have it to spare, without all this, 'you do something first and we will match it' bollocks! Maybe that way, we will see our government actually being pro-active, and just perhaps, WE will match THEM!

ok so its better to have zero put to charity and no one to bother their arse doing something selfless ? yeah way to stick it to the government !!!!pmsl !!

as someone has pointed out this goes deeper then the government and any rights of wrongs of it . bottom line a lot of good can come from this if you look at the bigger picture .

as for the "why don't they just give the money to charity anyway " .... maybe because a lot of society already have a very selfish sense of entitlement already ! things don't affect them directly so why would they do anything about it .if something gets 50,0000 people to think about someone else how can that be bad ?"

Sadly because it compromises peoples political shibboleths

» Add a new message to this topic