FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Which companies customer helpline makes you wan't to scream?

Which companies customer helpline makes you wan't to scream?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *UNCHBOX OP   Man  over a year ago

folkestone

For me, Orange's(now EE) indian call center used to make me want to throw my phone at the wall they were so useless.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do you know you have the right to be put through to a UK call centre, if you're put through to India? You just have to ask. My bank does it and I request it all the time.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I wouldn't call them 'help' centres more like No-help Centers

Walmart...worst service I ever recieved and she was American!

Bt. Indian call centre strikes again 3 months to fit a phone line and sort broadband after a direct complaint to ceo and md of bt. Was spending hours at a time to the call centre. The uk one was just as bad to be honest. Inept buffoons.

british gas for me.

not only did they manage to turn off my economy 7 tariff, they then totally mis-calculated my bill because the where supposedly not informed of southern electric changing the meter.

Took me 4 months to sort it out, had to wait on hold for at least 20 minutes each time, just to give the same information all over again.

come on its not rocket science.

Paypal.

They have this stupid fucking voice recognition handler that can't decipher simple english and I end up screaming down the line.

It's ball bag useless.

The Indian call centre used by my bank are extremely irritating. As well as the communication problems, they treat each call like a bloody news bulletin. They tell you what they are going to tell you, then they tell you, and then tell you what they have told you.

Talk Talk

O2's UK call centre are completely incompetent. Their advisors know fuck-all about the products they're supposed to be helping with.

EDF energy

Talk Talk

Orange EE

Long waiting times and not British call centres

Any.. I hate being put on hold and they never know what they're talking about

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Any company which employs (probably very pleasant) people whom I cannot understand for their foreigm accent.

Also any company which employs people who insist on asking me if I am having a good day - I dont want to discuss my life.

Finally any company which gets through to me on my private phone number which has been ex directory for years. Admittedly it does not happen so often now but still from time to time and international call does get through.

Never again...

By *icked weaselCouple  over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

B.T.

By *ikki ShooterTV/TS  over a year ago

Epsom

T_mobile. Put me on hold for 5 mins to tell them I'm leaving. then hung up on me. Did it again a second time. Now I'm no longer with them they still send me text and Phone calls, not to mention a bill telling me I o them nothing... Go figure

Simple ..... VODAFONE!!!!! Completely inconsistant with advice or knowledge, fail to ever listen to what you are saying and with out script perfect answers from the customer they are totally lost. RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH sick of bleeping bleeping VODAFONE

Sky for me

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

A few years ago there was a wonderful cartoon in Private Eye of a chap on hold to a call centre. Recorded message playing, 'Your call is important to us - but not important enough to employ more operators....'

3 foreign call center grr ffs wanted to snap my ear off

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

3 ...

Virgin media!! I shall be calling them again tomorrow after waiting for a third callback that never came

I spoke to ee by phone yesterday about a problem with my number. It was the funniest call I've had in ages. Poor guy , what should have taken about 15 minutes to sort out ended up being 30 minutes because we couldn't stop laughing. He told me at end of call I had made his day so for me I give ee( well that guy anyway) a huge thumbs up

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I think they are all great

They sign my cheques

"Paypal.

They have this stupid fucking voice recognition handler that can't decipher simple english and I end up screaming down the line.

It's ball bag useless. "

100% agree PayPal,absolute wankers.

Any customer service that I'm paying for the pleasure of the call.paying to sort a fault or problem thats not my fault just sends me crackers.

I always google " say no to 0845" and try and get a 01 number.In alot of case's I get through quicker than if I was paying for the call.

"For me, Orange's(now EE) indian call center used to make me want to throw my phone at the wall they were so useless."

Have always had excellent service from EE.!! Always English get through promptly and resolve my problem. X

Vodafone!!! I used their freedom freebee things but they stopped working in July. Kept getting a message saying they were unable to offer it and would text when I could have it. Apparently my number is "migrating" to the new system. The new system must be in Australia and they are migrating the phone numbers via row boat. Three months later and its still not working.

Online chat = useless

e forum = useless

email = useless

call centre = useless

I am now migrating to a different network.

As i work in a call centre, im not going to comment except to say those automated response menus drive me fucking crazy

If you wish to....... Press 1

I understand why they are used and we use them ourselves and its the single most complained about thing when the customer gets through

In no particular order my top 3 are DWP, my local council, and my GP's - all warrant screamworthy status, from naff music to daft messages.

By *irtyDee33Woman  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

"Virgin media!! I shall be calling them again tomorrow after waiting for a third callback that never came"

Same

" I always google " say no to 0845" and try and get a 01 number.In alot of case's I get through quicker than if I was paying for the call. "

Most call centres that are based in India.

Had a phone call from 1 yesterday asking for my daughter politely said she was at work and to send her an email. Got a phone call today, and I let rip gave them a piece of my mind, sheer incompetence.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

I've got an ongoing battle with BT at the moment regarding broadband speed, ours is running at about 500k on a good day. When I explained that I get a better speed connecting my computer through my mobile I was told that mobile broadband is always quicker

Vodaphone - took me two months to get a sim cancelled

During that time got given conflicting advice and were obstructive

However within hours of venting my ire on twitter things got sorted - the power of social media !!!

bloody BT!!

BT!

If I'm shopping around for say insurance and a voice that sounds like it is coming from abroad answers I just hang up!

I hate scripts, accents that I can't understand or understand me and automated menus!

BT are dreadful!!

"Virgin media!! I shall be calling them again tomorrow after waiting for a third callback that never came"
Virgin Media are annoying, takes time to get through, press this, press that and I find the foreign staff patronising, plus use of my first name when they don't even know me is plain rude. If you go to technical support for a problem, they are Scottish but lovely and helpful and not too difficult to understand

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

All call centres which are based abroad are difficult for me. I have a hearing impairment which can make calls difficult but it is worse if the person I am talking to has a thick accent. Add to that a bad line and I find it near on impossible to hear what they are saying. And they tend to have little patience with someone who repeatedly says 'pardon?'

All of them, just spent the last 3 days on the phone to yodel chasing up a package that they can't tell me where it is or when it's going to be delivered, and then at the end they say is there anything I can help you with, I doubt it very much because you haven't helped me with my original complaint so what are the chances your going to be able to help me with anything else

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

BT and yodel. Both equally annoying!

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Yodel are in a league of their own. How such a crap company survives in this day and age I really don't know. I've started asking ebay sellers which parcel company they use now and buy somewhere else if they say Yodel or parcel2go.

BT, British Gas, Royal Mail, EDF, DVLA ... In fact I can't think of one that doesn't make me weep when I reach for the phone. Who are the customers telling these companies that they "get great service from our call centres"?

Aviva insurance, when I bought a car, garage insisted on using them , as they needed to tax the car and gave 4 weeks free insurance, what a mistake, spent half a day trying to get some info, so I could change back to my normal insurer, never again.

Ask me after today.

Ringing VW today about a problem on my VW Scirocco - on going, they are pleasant enough but not getting it sorted.

Time to up the pressure to get the car sorted

By *eareenaCouple  over a year ago

Rockford

"O2's UK call centre are completely incompetent. Their advisors know fuck-all about the products they're supposed to be helping with."

this exactly... had horrible time with them just yesterday

Them all, they are all bloody awful, customer service me arse

I don't think I've got a real hatred for any of them, it's just the huge queues that annoy me.

On a positive note, I was just thinking the other day about how good the Avon Rep customer service line is. Based in India, so yes, there's sometimes an accent issue, but any problems I've had have always been resolved and all the steps explained fully to me so I definitely have no complaints about Avon I've never been on hold yet either!

LG Electrical for me, had a faulty vacuum, returned it to them, never heard a thing back, and when I did finally get through to them they had sold it. I got nothing back spent several hours trying to make the most obnoxious woman I have ever spoke to understand what I was saying all to no avail.

Goodness gracious me Mr Billybottle could you please speak english so I can understand you. Now I speak with Indian accent and I have no problems or complaints with any!!!! I feel for these poor folk on the end of these lines working in India as they are just doing their job but shame on these huge companies for employing them.

"Goodness gracious me Mr Billybottle could you please speak english so I can understand you. Now I speak with Indian accent and I have no problems or complaints with any!!!! I feel for these poor folk on the end of these lines working in India as they are just doing their job but shame on these huge companies for employing them."

cos you pay £8 per hour in the uk average for phone jockey. You pay £3 a day in india. not to mention an abundant workforce.

"3

Never again..."

yea 3 are bad when you can decipher what they saying

oh asks them questions like how is the weather in delhi/Bombay

what time is it there etc

totally fucks their heads up lol

The DWP, has to beat anything anyone else has HANDS DOWN.

You have to type more digits than a copy of the Oxford English Dictionary would require.

Then you have to type your secret 2nd digit of your pin number.

What F***ing pin number ????

No bloody wonder they have no one to speak to in real life.

To say its third rate would be a compliment.

ideal world

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

DWP

orange used to be terrible!

Sky are ok depending on when you ring then but sometimes I have more trouble understanding the Scottish ones than the Indian ones!! They're always helpful tho.

British gas. (Emergency number coz you have no gas. Our estimated time to answer your call is 1hr 20 mins!) not very fucking emergency is it??? Lol x

By *anatee175Couple  over a year ago

Sunderland

"ideal world "

Yep shocking thick accents and trying to sell you something else!

By *ungle-FeverCouple (FF)  over a year ago

Bristol/Gloucester

Sky

But the one which frustrates me more than anything is DWP!

By *icked weaselCouple  over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

Something got stolen from our Shed and we didnt want to dial 999 - so we used That new Police Number 101..

They dont or forget to Even inform Your Local Station !! about the Crime..

3 Hours after the phone call to 101 and as we were passing the Local police station..

we went in to ask if anything had been found etc..

They knew nothing and they didnt even have the crime up on their computer as registered.. and so they checked and yeah the new brand new 101 service hadnt even informed them..

"Goodness gracious me Mr Billybottle could you please speak english so I can understand you. Now I speak with Indian accent and I have no problems or complaints with any!!!! I feel for these poor folk on the end of these lines working in India as they are just doing their job but shame on these huge companies for employing them.

cos you pay £8 per hour in the uk average for phone jockey. You pay £3 a day in india. not to mention an abundant workforce."

Goodness gracious me!!!

» Add a new message to this topic