FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Where were you 12yrs ago today?

Where were you 12yrs ago today?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sadly most people can remember exactly where they were. Hard to believe its 12 years ago.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hris148Man  over a year ago

Solihull then a hotel near coventry.

Stayed up all night watching the rolling news coverage

By *ibanditMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

I was working at Airtours in Manchester and following the news in horror.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was working as a chef in a pub and the tv was on in the background. When the news came on we all stood there in shock. The falling man will stay with me forever

Not sure about at this time at night but when I heard was working in an office in central London.

Off sick from work - then got a call from a friend / colleague at 2.30pm telling me to switch my TV on. Couldn't believe what I was seeing............

By *livia_KWoman  over a year ago

South London

I was just waking up to the news in Australia. I remember being late for work as I was glued to the telly in utter shock while I was talking to my then boyfriend on the phone about it as he was in Canada for work.

I was driving in to work. I remember listening to the normally juvenile and humorous morning radio DJs being dead serious, in shock and horror as they recanted what they were seeing on tv.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Working in an office wondering why this woman was screaming - her hubby was in New York. Turned out he was ok but she couldn't get in contact.

The park with the kids the heavens opened and i called home to get picked up.

Got told in the car but didnt quite believe it till i saw the news...and like many others its all i watched for days.

I was at my parents in laws home when I heard the news

By *upitersmileCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Remember vividly. Was watching Neighbours while I had my daughter asleep on my lap when it was interrupted by the news. A couple of minutes later the second plane hit.

I sat holding her tightly fixed on the tv not believing what I was watching...

Wondering why ?

"Sadly most people can remember exactly where they were. Hard to believe its 12 years ago."

May sound a "little" selfish, but I remember some of that day and for personal reasons. I just want to forget about that time in my life. Even though its sad if I thought outside the box and think what they went through was a lot worse than what I did.

I was in amsterdam airport waiting to come home. Everything just stopped. The falling man is on tv now on more4 very interesting.

In a car dealership waiting room with a relative, the tv was on in the waiting room.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Was moving into my flat in Bristol and I was out shopping with my mum and it was on the news we thought it was a trailer for a new movie...

I had just got in from work and put the tv on, thought it was a film at first until my mam rang and asked me was I watching the news, she then explained what was happening. R.I.P to every single one that lost their life that day.

I came home from work and it was on the tv .. sat there transfixed for hours

Ive had to turn the falling man off .. Im super emotional tonight

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

I was working as a courier and I was delivering to an american advertising agency that always had the telly on in the post room. Within 30 minutes the post room was rammed as everyone was coming to watch.

They had offices there and a lot of them knew people personally that were there

WASHINGTON. Newcastle always remember that

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I was in France with friends, no TV and no radio, didn't go out that day as we had everything and just having a lazy day.

The next morning I drove to town and heard Terry Wogan say something aboujt 'after yesterdays tragic event'. I was in the town when the news came on and got back and asked if we could put the radio on. So didn't know anything about it till after 9 on the 12th

I have never seen footage, like the person above a few days later I had news that devastated me and tbh that time is a blurr for personal reasons

Was in college when I heard about it when I got home that evening , so thought it was a movie trailer when I saw the plans hit the towers !

Been at Uni all day and came home to the news on tv

Had been working and came home to the news. dreadful day

Brighton - even Hove!

"Wondering why ? "

9/11 Twin Towers

My OH was talking to friends in the US as it happened, he woke me as I was on nights and watched the news as the second plane hit

My ex was off a night shift working at a local airport, he phoned me at work to tell me, I couldn't quite understand what he was trying to tell me. My boss walked in on me looking at the coverage on line and we both just stood dumbfounded for ages............drove home from work in shock, very strange feeling and it totally ruined my birthday a few weeks later just did not feel in the mood.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for all the recollections. I found reading them all quite moving.

I was in work. My sister rang me to tell me what had happened. We all went to the canteen & watched in horror at the events. No work was done the rest of the day

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm going to bed. I recall the people jumping off.

I was off sick and at home chatting online to a couple off peeps and was relaying it as it happened

Those images are burned to my eyelids

I dont think i ever got over the horror of it and then the london bombings finally convinced me- time to leave london

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

On the way home from a school run when a friend mentioned soemthing about a plane having crashed into a building in the US. I (routinely) turned on the TV to catch the news at 3.30 and had to view the scenes over and over again - it seemed so surreal - like a cheap action movie. It took days before it sank in and I remember that non-tangible feeling that the world was going to be less safe after that.

was on phone to my dad wishing him happy birthday when it came on the news

By *igjob01Man  over a year ago

near newtownards

My work mate and myself were finishing off putting a roof on a new school when the digger driver on the site pulled up beside and shouted up what he had just heard on the radio, we sat round listening shocked and numb not really able to understand or take in what we were hearing. How could something as massive as the world trade centre collapse it was only when I got home and saw the news that it seemed real

was sat in the hair dressers having my hair cut when the planes hit

I was sat watching the news an saw the moment the second plane hit such a sad day, r.i.p to everyone that was laid to rest xx

I had rented a cottage on the south coast so that I could visit the Eden project. I recall the landlady not turning up to greet me as promised....she was glued to the news watching as the atrocity unfolded.

We both spent the whole day watching Sky news; we were speechless.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

on the way out somewhere in the car, had R4 on..

pretty sure they interrupted the programme and I thought ' Queens Mother has popped her clogs' as R4 don't often interrupt anything..

turned the car round when I heard what it was..

reassuring the kids that our lives had to go on as 'normal' despite what had happened..

By *ark Gr8 Teddy BearMan  over a year ago

Wigan

I was on the M6 just south of Wigan on my way to Warrington

I was at a conference at a remote location near the Great Wall of China - with the time difference it was late evening when I caught the BBC World Service news.

We all gathered around my small radio unable to believe what was being said, until Chinese TV began to report it around an hour later.

So many thoughts spinning around that night, impossible to really understand.

Remember it like it was yesterday, i come home from a normal day at school to my mum (who hardly shows emotion ever) who was crying and hugged me telling me what happened. I didnt know what the twin towers were then i switched the tv on and couldnt believe my eyes. When ever i think about that day i just get that sinking feeling in my stomach, that was the day that i realised the world isnt a place ful of joy and sunshine you think as a young naive kid

I was in Woolworths shopping. When I heard two ladies talking about it. I didn't fully realise what had happend. Till I got home sometime later.

Was working in trowbridge witshire

Loading up a van to move from Brighton to Cardiff. I remember the feeling of shock when The pictures came on the screen.

By *anatee175Couple  over a year ago

Sunderland

At that time I was working as a lollypop lady I had just put the tv on for 20 before I left the house I could hardly tare myself away it was unbelievable. I phoned my hubby who was 60 miles away with work. Told him to switch on the tv. I came back from my job switched the tv back on and watched as they showed the smoke visible from the space station.

By *abulous cleavageWoman  over a year ago

Central

I was on my lunch break at work. Was watching it on the television in the canteen.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

When they hit the towers me an my now ex where sat on a plane going to greese. Little did we know at the time but she was carrying my now 11 yr old doughter

Switzerland walked into the hotel bar I worked in. everyone was looking at the t.v. it was befor the second plane hit. not a word was being spoken. very sad night .

Central Fire Service Headquarters....

Watching it all unfold on the mess television...

By *uckyinlustMan  over a year ago

manchester

I was working in Holland in a place called Bunde, just north of Maastricht.....

Makes me shudder ......................

I was in Orlando, put the tv on and there was a newsflash saying a plane had flown into the Twin Towers. Watched all the news coverage with the scrolling 'America Under Attack' at the bottom of the screen. As the day went on, American flags were flying everywhere and God Bless America stickers were everywhere. The strangest thing over the next couple of days were no planes in the sky. Very sad times.

training my ass off in gym boxing

In my Art lesson in school, the teacher put the tv on for us to watch the news coverage, all in complete and utter shock by what had happened

I was at home alone having just finished cleaning the house had just sat down with a coffee and stuck tv on. I caught the 2nd plane going in and at first thought it was a film. When I realised it wasn't I burst into tears and called my then husband at work.

I was out shopping in Milton Keynes with my partner and my 2 year old, came in and turned on the TV, stood in the living room, absolutely stunned watching the TV, didnt even take my coat off, just stood there in shock

i was sat on my bed putting my make up on getting ready for college

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

I had a load of men here putting my windows in when it came on news and we all watched in horror

It was my day off.... A friend called me to tell me to switch the TV on as I don't normally watch very much TV...

The pictures that I was seeing was and still is extremely shocking.....

On my way to collect my children from school, the guy in the newsagents that l had gone onto to buy drinks said " have you seen the news?" Then he told me , l ran to the school , desperately needing to be with my 2 youngsters , when l got there, l have honestly never seen a playground so full of parents/ grandparents / other family members all wanting to collect and embrace their youngsters .

That was the day we buried my mum, heard about the twin towers on the way to the graveyard

I was pulling up outside the doctors when I heard the terrible news on the radio

I (D) was working in Phoenix and was having breakfast at the time of this happening. I'd flown out from the UK just the Sunday before.

By the time we got to work south of the City, the sky was swarming with fighter jets from Flagstaff.

A quite surreal two weeks over there. We volunteered to give blood and queued in intense heat waiting to get in.

I was at home getting ready to go to work. I was to start at noon...

The mr was downtown when it happened. Everything went into to lockdown mode bc of parliament hill being near by.

Mrs.

Was at work when the first plane hit. Listened to it unfold on the radio going home. Then sat and watched cnn all night

I remember it like it was yesterday - just sobbed my way through the falling man and then the phone calls home on More 4 x

I was at home on my days off, remember watching it on the news speechless and utter horrified at what I was seeing happen.

I was in Cyprus working and had just finished a 24hr flight delay. My partner called told me to turn the tv on I sat aghast watching. Was then called to a local hotel by my manager for a team meeting. Nasty day people panic get aggressive etc I was then spat at by a guy as all flights in and out had been grounded and he wanted to curtail his holiday. He soon got the point when a Cypriot copper was pointing a gun at him and was told 'spoilt English man people have died' by that same copper. And how that day has now changed all our lives huh.

By *ibertyCouple  over a year ago

wrexham

I was in work caring for people with tv on when I just looked up and saw it. It was horrendous. We watched it all unfold but couldn't really take in what we were seeing but couldn't stop watching. Worst thing I've ever seen in my life. God bless everyone involved either directly or indirectly. RIP. X

I was at work and in a supermarket and some customers had bits ov info but it wazent clear.

I left work and answered a voicemail my mum had left,I remember her saying its your mum and u need to get home right now and turn on the tv coz sum thing really bad has happened,I rushed home after work and did what everyone else did and watched......

I was working on a chemical plant American owned by coincidence. We were all sent home within a few hours of the terrible attack and not allowed back for 2 days after. Very sombre and subdued atmosphere for the rest of the contract.

I was working at Gatwick, but on one of.my days off.

It was a weird place after the event.

I was working at Gatwick, but on one of.my days off.

It was a weird place after the event.

i was in a old pressure dryer, smoking with some girl in south crofty mine in cornwall, we had a news paper..

By *uzi Jones 26Woman  over a year ago

The Devil's Lair

I came home from school, second week of year seven and saw it all over the telly, the second had just hit

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

was sat in my signalbox listening to simon mayo when word came on that a "light plane " had hit tower one then mins later news of the second plane came on was talking with a colleague at the time on the phone and both said " bin laden " at the same time and both thought how similar to the Tom Clancy book dept of honor which featured a plane crashed into the whitehouse truely shocking day

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

i was in basingtoke watching tv s through a shop window .

By *adyA01Woman  over a year ago

Wellington

It was my 2nd wedding anniversary! Funnily enough we didn't feel like celebrating that night! Will never forget sitting at work watching the images on the PC thinking it must be some kni of terrible accident until we saw the second plane hit!!! Horrendous!!!

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

Breastfeeding x

Working in a bank. International transfers. A colleage was on the phone to NY and they had to hang up. The rest is very much history.

I came home from school I couldn't understand why there were no cartoons on, I kept turning the channels over and every channel was the news. The penny dropped and I remember thinking shits getting real!

» Add a new message to this topic