FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > filter " grammer nazi's"

filter " grammer nazi's"

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

after all the "spelling" threads lets make a filter so us thicko's never can meet / msg or heaven forbid mingle with the grad A pompous spelling fanatics!! Pfft there I was thinking that this was one of the most liberal site's on the internet ??? black , white , brown , pink , porcelain and ginger . gay str8 , trans, Bi and kinky perverts all co exist as one happy sex site!!! nope I must be in dream land !!! sad times

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

That would be 'grammar nazis'.....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

well, if you are labelling yourself as thick, thats your problem, no one elses.

if you have problems with spelling, there are tools you can use

if you have problems with grammar and punctuation, i was always told to read what i had read, then when i have a natural break for breath, whack a full stop or a comma there,

hasnt served me badly over the years (oh, and people very rarely use apostrophies so i wouldnt be worrying too much

good idea, a filter so only educated profesionals can contact you?

ok I said it bfore and here it is again " as im ( m half ) very dyslectic writing a simple msg takes time and effort if you have to check and check again and then for it to be ignored is frustrating to say the least! but then only other dyslectic's would understand count your self so lucky if your not cursed with the affliction!!! "

and no I don't label myself as a thicko ! I was being ferseatious and ooh ironic ... hum it seams with emaculate spelling you lose sence of humour!!!

"That would be 'grammar nazis'.....

"

Class x

By *ark Gr8 Teddy BearMan  over a year ago

Wigan

We can all get along. I would just like to be able to read what others have put, without having to get them to explain it due to the misspellings and poor grammar.

By *issmekate xxxWoman  over a year ago

Non Vanilla Land

"

Hilarious !!!

"good idea, a filter so only educated profesionals can contact you?"

oh Ena....

we would prefer profesSionals ourselves

I google'd it and Nazis or Nazi's is both a wright term for it

"ok I said it bfore and here it is again " as im ( m half ) very dyslectic writing a simple msg takes time and effort if you have to check and check again and then for it to be ignored is frustrating to say the least! but then only other dyslectic's would understand count your self so lucky if your not cursed with the affliction!!! "

and no I don't label myself as a thicko ! I was being ferseatious and ooh ironic ... hum it seams with emaculate spelling you lose sence of humour!!! "

you wouldnt believe how great my sense of humour is, but the comment still stands.

when i post the bad spelling is highlighted with a red underscore, and i correct as appropriate.

admittedly i was always decent with English as a kid, but seeings as i havent been to school for over 15 years, then its an art we all forget.

your comment about taking time and then having them ignored, although stands true when private messaging, doesnt really count in the forums.

as for private, then maybe you should only contact people when you are sure they will be happy to chat with you, save that feeling of frustration and rejection, as yes, it can be bloody annoying when you think things through only to see it deleted without reading, or indeed reply.

ooh never mind woman ..... forget it

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

As long as the person can understand it, where is the problem?

"ooh never mind woman ..... forget it "

and YOU talk about condescending lol.

my cock tells me im no woman

Who gives a toss about grammar. As long as a gals message makes a bit of sense, and we both get to where we want to be in the end, (my bed or hers), then all's good!

You were lucky to come out of school in Telford and be able to write anything legible at all lol

I must admit though I am guilty of liking properly written messages which are spelt correctly.

Apparently approx 10% of the population are dyslexic in one shape or form. Strange that they are all on this website

"ooh never mind woman ..... forget it

my cock tells me im no woman"

ahh oops sorry my a rephrase ... never mind fella ... forget it .... better ?

"You were lucky to come out of school in Telford and be able to write anything legible at all lol

I must admit though I am guilty of liking properly written messages which are spelt correctly.

Apparently approx 10% of the population are dyslexic in one shape or form. Strange that they are all on this website "

"I google'd it and Nazis or Nazi's is both a wright term for it "

Nazis (plural)= more than one Nazi

Nazi's (possessive)= belonging to (ideology of) the Nazis

P.S. you 'googled' it, without an apostrophe.

P.P.S. I never correct people's grammar, except in these grammar posts.

"I google'd it and Nazis or Nazi's is both a wright term for it

"

P.P.P.S. You missed out the w in 'wright'!

"ooh never mind woman ..... forget it

my cock tells me im no woman

ahh oops sorry my a rephrase ... never mind fella ... forget it .... better ? "

thats better, sweetheart lol

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I google'd it and Nazis or Nazi's is both a wright term for it "

I think she meant grammer - grammar

P.P.P.S. You missed out the w in 'wright'! "

why thank you squire

By *lackshadow7Man  over a year ago

Toronto

Go have a mutual wank. You'll feel much better afterwards.

"Go have a mutual wank. You'll feel much better afterwards."

They'll end with a sore eye. All that winking is bound to hurt!

By *lackshadow7Man  over a year ago

Toronto

"Go have a mutual wank. You'll feel much better afterwards.

They'll end with a sore eye. All that winking is bound to hurt!"

I see what you did there

...Up on the Downs

Class x"

...Up on the Downs

Hilarious !!! "

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Go have a mutual wank. You'll feel much better afterwards."

Wot the shadow said..

ffs folks tis human to err..

big up the love..

"Go have a mutual wank. You'll feel much better afterwards.

They'll end with a sore eye. All that winking is bound to hurt!

I see what you did there "

Thank fuck. I thought maybe it was a bit too obscure. Or get accused of having dicles, dikels....not being able to spell.

"after all the "spelling" threads lets make a filter so us thickos never can meet / msg or heaven forbid mingle with the grad A pompous spelling fanatics!!

Pfft there I was thinking that this was one of the most liberal sites on the internet ??? black , white , brown , pink , porcelain and ginger . gay str8 , trans, Bi and kinky perverts all co exist as one happy sex site!!! nope I must be in dream land !!! sad times "

If you think bad spelling brings out the pompous from the black and white brigade just try "married and on here without their partners knowledge!!" LOL

PS. I have corrected your, very few, spelling mistakes

"

Hey! You forgot it should be the RIGHT term as a wright is someone who makes something.

"after all the "spelling" threads lets make a filter so us thicko's never can meet / msg or heaven forbid mingle with the grad A pompous spelling fanatics!! Pfft there I was thinking that this was one of the most liberal site's on the internet ??? black , white , brown , pink , porcelain and ginger . gay str8 , trans, Bi and kinky perverts all co exist as one happy sex site!!! nope I must be in dream land !!! sad times "

Site, or at least these forums, are full of bullies and Nazis mate

"after all the "spelling" threads lets make a filter so us thicko's never can meet / msg or heaven forbid mingle with the grad A pompous spelling fanatics!! Pfft there I was thinking that this was one of the most liberal site's on the internet ??? black , white , brown , pink , porcelain and ginger . gay str8 , trans, Bi and kinky perverts all co exist as one happy sex site!!! nope I must be in dream land !!! sad times

Site, or at least these forums, are full of bullies and Nazis mate "

You forgot the full stop after your sentence. Apologies if i've just jumped in halfway through your sentence though.

"after all the "spelling" threads lets make a filter so us thicko's never can meet / msg or heaven forbid mingle with the grad A pompous spelling fanatics!! Pfft there I was thinking that this was one of the most liberal site's on the internet ??? black , white , brown , pink , porcelain and ginger . gay str8 , trans, Bi and kinky perverts all co exist as one happy sex site!!! nope I must be in dream land !!! sad times

yes they are arent they.

You forgot the full stop after your sentence. Apologies if i've just jumped in halfway through your sentence though. "

Are you trying to make a point?

[Removed by poster at 10/09/13 15:49:59]

You forgot the full stop after your sentence. Apologies if i've just jumped in halfway through your sentence though.

Are you trying to make a point? "

Nope. Just mentioning that you forgot yours!

Hey! You forgot it should be the RIGHT term as a wright is someone who makes something. "

Nazi is a regular noun so depends if you're talking singular or plural for possessive apostrophe s.

As with jokes thread almost spat my capichino over the keyboard when I saw wright. Why didn't you just go back and write / type it again instead of the footnote?

Nope. Just mentioning that you forgot yours!"

Aren't we fortunate to have helpful people like yourself watching over us to keep us pointing in the right direction. And I believe you have a point where you shouldn't: Always capital I for the personal pronoun 'I' not i. (note full stop)

Aren't we fortunate to have helpful people like yourself watching over us to keep us pointing in the right direction. And I believe you have a point where you shouldn't: Always capital I for the personal pronoun 'I' not i. (note full stop) "

you complain now but when you were doing your O levels, him sat next to you would have been a great help lol

Aren't we fortunate to have helpful people like yourself watching over us to keep us pointing in the right direction. And I believe you have a point where you shouldn't: Always capital I for the personal pronoun 'I' not i. (note full stop) "

Cool. Thanks for that. Appreciate it. Oh, and its Cappuccino! Not Capichino! Hope that is also of use to you in the future.

there are loads of Nazis on here?

anyone thought of giving the Hague a ring?

may find those war criminals they are still looking for from the 2nd world war.

"after all the "spelling" threads lets make a filter so us thicko's never can meet / msg or heaven forbid mingle with the grad A pompous spelling fanatics!! Pfft there I was thinking that this was one of the most liberal site's on the internet ??? black , white , brown , pink , porcelain and ginger . gay str8 , trans, Bi and kinky perverts all co exist as one happy sex site!!! nope I must be in dream land !!! sad times "

Awww I dunno, there are happy mediums and "everything in moderation" as they say.

Peachy is by far nowhere near the worst case of spelling and grammar here, but there are standards for a reason, to cut out the absolute braindead monkeys that can't string letters together to make whole words, let alone make a sentence. Or ideas into cognitive thought, for that matter.

I would agree on less snobbery, but I find it hilarious that a thread can be forgotten over an argument on grammar and spelling.

As English is one of the most difficult languages to master, I think we should all give ourselves a big pat on the back for having a go!!

"As English is one of the most difficult languages to master, I think we should all give ourselves a big pat on the back for having a go!! "

I've just dyslexicated my shoulder trying to pat my own back!

"As English is one of the most difficult languages to master, I think we should all give ourselves a big pat on the back for having a go!! "

must say i have to agree with you.

walking through tesco the other day and i heard this 5 year old kid speaking fluent Polish.

you have to hand it to how easily kids learn shit.

Aren't we fortunate to have helpful people like yourself watching over us to keep us pointing in the right direction. And I believe you have a point where you shouldn't: Always capital I for the personal pronoun 'I' not i. (note full stop)

Cool. Thanks for that. Appreciate it. Oh, and its Cappuccino! Not Capichino! Hope that is also of use to you in the future."

Might be. But I'd sooner drink Nazi piss than poison my soul with that petty bourgious mud. As I say just plagiarised it from the jokes thread. I'll copy and paste next time

there are loads of Nazis on here?

anyone thought of giving the Hague a ring?

may find those war criminals they are still looking for from the 2nd world war."

Just referring back to the thread title. I assume the OP is being at least semi-metaphorical. But why the apostrophe? Unless the grammar is the property of the Nazis. Have we had that one already?

English is confusing " a was walking the dog the other day on his lead and low and behold I spotted a roll of lead laying on the floor and the dog spotted a cat and gave chase. leading me up the garden path" clear as mud

"

Haha you just resist that, could you

yes they are arent they. "

For sure. Bullies of the worst kind: pack animals.

Is this thread for real?

All of this because people get pissy over spelling and then others get all upset because they take what a stranger on a sex site says personally?

Im sure those that were really persecuted by Nazis would think get a grip!

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

Single men, and couples to a degree, bemoan the lack of meets and yet some can not see that correct spelling of a message helps and is worth the time and effort to get it right.

Remember this, correct spelling and grammar offends no one. Poor spelling and grammar will put SOME people off. It is up to you how much effort you put in.

What I find irritating is the self diagnosed dyslexics. "I can't spell, I must be dyslexic". The odds are you were bone idol as a kid and simply never learned to spell. Before you all start a flame on me I count myself in that group. I was an awful pupil and school as far as English was concerned , I still can not spell for toffee and my hand writing is truly dreadful. I compensate by typing everything, using a spell checker, avoid using short terms (use "did not" rather than "didn't" as I can never remember where the apostrophe goes)and I proof read everything to make sure it reads correctly. Oh and I avoid words such as right, write, rite as I can never be sure I have the correct word written down. Practice, think, adapt.

As to structure, someone above has mentioned the best way. Read something back to yourself, if you pause for breath it needs a full stop or a comma there. Some form of structure to your message is the most important factor in being understood rather than spelling.

"Single men, and couples to a degree, bemoan the lack of meets and yet some can not see that correct spelling of a message helps and is worth the time and effort to get it right.

Remember this, correct spelling and grammar offends no one. Poor spelling and grammar will put SOME people off. It is up to you how much effort you put in.

What I find irritating is the self diagnosed dyslexics. "I can't spell, I must be dyslexic". The odds are you were bone idol as a kid and simply never learned to spell. Before you all start a flame on me I count myself in that group. I was an awful pupil and school as far as English was concerned , I still can not spell for toffee and my hand writing is truly dreadful. I compensate by typing everything, using a spell checker, avoid using short terms (use "did not" rather than "didn't" as I can never remember where the apostrophe goes)and I proof read everything to make sure it reads correctly. Oh and I avoid words such as right, write, rite as I can never be sure I have the correct word written down. Practice, think, adapt.

As to structure, someone above has mentioned the best way. Read something back to yourself, if you pause for breath it needs a full stop or a comma there. Some form of structure to your message is the most important factor in being understood rather than spelling. "

That's 'bone idle' lol welcome

You're in dreamland if you think this site is for the liberal minded!

I'm happy for thicko's to block me - grateful in fact, but you don't sound like one.

"Single men, and couples to a degree, bemoan the lack of meets and yet some can not see that correct spelling of a message helps and is worth the time and effort to get it right.

As to structure, someone above has mentioned the best way. Read something back to yourself, if you pause for breath it needs a full stop or a comma there. Some form of structure to your message is the most important factor in being understood rather than spelling. "

Put off maybe. But offend?

And ultimately the site's a meat market not a classroom.

As to structure, someone above has mentioned the best way. Read something back to yourself, if you pause for breath it needs a full stop or a comma there. Some form of structure to your message is the most important factor in being understood rather than spelling.

That's 'bone idle' lol welcome "

Bone idol, idle even is a something of a sweeping statement. Ever read any sociology? Try Bowles and Gintis. or close to home (Birmingham school) Paul Willis is good. To name but two

And ultimately the site's a meat market not a classroom. "

See now that really really offends me but hey I'm sure however you use the site works really really well for you

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Grammar Nazis? Spelling Police? Is there a uniform?

"

That comment says so much about your attitude.

"Grammar Nazis? Spelling Police? Is there a uniform? "

Hope so

"And ultimately the site's a meat market not a classroom. "

Now that's a real way with words!

"

That comment says so much about your attitude. "

Can only tell it how it is

"

Can only tell it how it is "

So tell us how it is then , what for you makes it a meat market ?

sandwell

"

v. of·fend·ed, of·fend·ing, of·fends

v.tr.

1. To cause displeasure

so yes, offend is a correct term.

"Meat market"? If you want to view it that way. The question is do you want to be able to chose any cut or a have a more limited choice?

Idol Idle hahahaha my point proven. Good catch

"

So tell us how it is then , what for you makes it a meat market ? "

Pictures of flesh

"

Can only tell it how it is "

How it is through your eyes. Not everyone perceives it the same way.

"

Just goes to show that having good grammar doesn't stop people from letting themselves down in other ways eh!

"

Pictures of flesh"

Well seeing as how your pic is showing a large amount of flesh I'm really glad you decided to show the way forward on the meat market front.

"We can all get along. I would just like to be able to read what others have put, without having to get them to explain it due to the misspellings and poor grammar. "

An intelligent person (me ) would be able to decipher an erroneously spelled message. I had some amazing sex with a man who had problems with spelling. I was kind enough to fill in the hotel booking form for him. I thank the Lord every day that I am blessed

"

Just goes to show that having good grammar doesn't stop people from letting themselves down in other ways eh!"

You learn something everyday on the forums.

You're in dreamland if you think this site is for the liberal minded!

I'm happy for thicko's to block me - grateful in fact, but you don't sound like one."

aw thanks true im dyslectic but not thick. was being fourchus ( wrong i know but not even google could help me there!! )

"

Just goes to show that having good grammar doesn't stop people from letting themselves down in other ways eh!"

My opinion does not in the least let me down. The term used could be deemed offensive, and at least one other poster has stated the same.

"You were lucky to come out of school in Telford and be able to write anything legible at all lol

Don't you find they are a tad boring at times? I quite like a mix of characters and personalities myself.

Apparently approx 10% of the population are dyslexic in one shape or form. Strange that they are all on this website "

[Removed by poster at 10/09/13 17:14:59]

"

Just goes to show that having good grammar doesn't stop people from letting themselves down in other ways eh!

My opinion does not in the least let me down. The term used could be deemed offensive, and at least one other poster has stated the same."

I was actually talking about the meat market comment!

I find the term 'Grammar Nazi' highly distasteful.

That's 'bone idle' lol welcome

Bone idol, idle even is a something rrof a sweeping statement. Ever read any sociology? Try Bowles and Gintis. or close to home (Birmingham school) Paul Willis is good. To name but two "

Most don't read profiles so surely are not going to read books. Especially those where the only picture is on the cover lol

sandwell

" Ever read any sociology? Try Bowles and Gintis. or close to home (Birmingham school) Paul Willis is good. To name but two "

I have read some of Bowles and Gintis but not Paul Willis I am afraid.

B&G's writings are very america orientated and can not be applied in easily to the UK comprehensive education system although some elements are true when talking about public schools. You also have to take into account their socialist leanings when deriving meaning from their books and papers.

"I find the term 'Grammar Nazi' highly distasteful.

"

Its supposed to be when used by someone who has been offended in turn. I struggle to see what the correctionalists get out of it they just look an arse to me when they do it.

"

My opinion does not in the least let me down. The term used could be deemed offensive, and at least one other poster has stated the same.

I was actually talking about the meat market comment!"

Ooops - mea culpa

"

Pictures of flesh

Well seeing as how your pic is showing a large amount of flesh I'm really glad you decided to show the way forward on the meat market front. "

For sure. Site's a meat market and I use it accordingly

"

I was actually talking about the meat market comment!

Ooops - mea culpa"

Its cool.

"English is confusing " a was walking the dog the other day on his lead and low and behold I spotted a roll of lead laying on the floor and the dog spotted a cat and gave chase. leading me up the garden path" clear as mud "

Punctuation the difference between 'know your shit' or 'know you're shit'

"

yes you may ... but its not a term i just made up

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Grammar%20Nazi

see

"

Pictures of flesh

Well seeing as how your pic is showing a large amount of flesh I'm really glad you decided to show the way forward on the meat market front.

For sure. Site's a meat market and I use it accordingly "

I wonder ihow those you have met would feel knowing you class them as a piece of meat? Ah well that's something I will just have to wonder.

see "

'Grammar Pedant' is a far more accurate term and doesn't involve trivialising Nazism.

Its not a go at anyone on this thread - its just a statement I wished to make.

see

'Grammar Pedant' is a far more accurate term and doesn't involve trivialising Nazism.

"

"ok I said it bfore and here it is again " as im ( m half ) very dyslectic writing a simple msg takes time and effort if you have to check and check again and then for it to be ignored is frustrating to say the least! but then only other dyslectic's would understand count your self so lucky if your not cursed with the affliction!!! "

and no I don't label myself as a thicko ! I was being ferseatious and ooh ironic ... hum it seams with emaculate spelling you lose sence of humour!!!

you wouldnt believe how great my sense of humour is, but the comment still stands.

when i post the bad spelling is highlighted with a red underscore, and i correct as appropriate.

admittedly i was always decent with English as a kid, but seeings as i havent been to school for over 15 years, then its an art we all forget.

your comment about taking time and then having them ignored, although stands true when private messaging, doesnt really count in the forums.

as for private, then maybe you should only contact people when you are sure they will be happy to chat with you, save that feeling of frustration and rejection, as yes, it can be bloody annoying when you think things through only to see it deleted without reading, or indeed reply."

Understand that if you spell it wrong i phone etc underscores in red so you can correct it but if you don't know the correct spelling how does that help ? Just asking

see

"

Are you an actual Professor, if so of what do you profess?

"

Are you an actual Professor, if so of what do you profess? "

Nope. Not at all. I profess nothing more than that I call it how I see it, thats all - same as any of us on here

may I just change the subject for two sec's and gloat in the awe that this has been the most successful thread I have ever started ...................

..... ok ok i'm good ... as you were

"may I just change the subject for two sec's and gloat in the awe that this has been the most successful thread I have ever started ...................

..... ok ok i'm good ... as you were "

ok who cares if you can type or spell just as long as you fuck ,

please take this as humour ,as I feel its the normal thoughts going on here

as for private, then maybe you should only contact people when you are sure they will be happy to chat with you, save that feeling of frustration and rejection, as yes, it can be bloody annoying when you think things through only to see it deleted without reading, or indeed reply.

Understand that if you spell it wrong i phone etc underscores in red so you can correct it but if you don't know the correct spelling how does that help ? Just asking "

their is a problem will spell checkers (red lines on puters) not recognising when homophones are used incorrectly two

"ok who cares if you can type or spell just as long as you fuck ,

please take this as humour ,as I feel its the normal thoughts going on here"

"

Are you an actual Professor, if so of what do you profess?

Nope. Not at all. I profess nothing more than that I call it how I see it, thats all - same as any of us on here

"

Have you got a nice cock then?

Understand that if you spell it wrong i phone etc underscores in red so you can correct it but if you don't know the correct spelling how does that help ? Just asking

their is a problem will spell checkers (red lines on puters) not recognising when homophones are used incorrectly two "

i thought that said homophobes lol.

wondered why a spell checker would know if someone is small minded lol.

the biggest problem with spell checkers is that they are mostly Americanised, so highlight colour or humour being spelt incorrectly, even though they arent.

their is a problem will spell checkers (red lines on puters) not recognising when homophones are used incorrectly two

the biggest problem with spell checkers is that they are mostly Americanised, so highlight colour or humour being spelt incorrectly, even though they arent."

Now there's a word I can't spell. Colour ( copied your spelling ) no matter how much I try can't even get phone to understand what I'm trying to spell

the biggest problem with spell checkers is that they are mostly Americanised, so highlight colour or humour being spelt incorrectly, even though they arent."

Only takes a couple of clicks to change on your own PC. But yeah when you're using websites

"

Pictures of flesh

I wonder ihow those you have met would feel knowing you class them as a piece of meat? Ah well that's something I will just have to wonder. "

There's a lady who's sure...and it makes me wonder.

I have been criticised by some women for being prepared to meet (not meat) them when I haven’t seen a picture of them. I let them know I like to rise above the meat market attitude which prevails throughout the site.

Here’s a rebuff I have recently received from yet one more faceless babe:

“How can I sound so nice? I have said nothing in my profile about me and I have no pic either. Not interested”

I asked her what no picture had to do with sounding nice. Had a bit of an uninteresting no-brainer discussion to which she concluded that looks were important. Bit rich coming from someone without a picture I thought.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"We can all get along. I would just like to be able to read what others have put, without having to get them to explain it due to the misspellings and poor grammar. "

My Deluxe Rosetta Stone (2013) app will be ready for launch shortly.

...Up on the Downs

Haha you just resist that, could you "

I can resist everything except temptation.......

But aren't the posters cyber kicking the OP's head in for using the metaphorical term 'grammar Nazis' oppressing his right to use free speech?

Which the history books tell us is one of the things we were fighting for in WW II.

"

Pictures of flesh

I wonder ihow those you have met would feel knowing you class them as a piece of meat? Ah well that's something I will just have to wonder.

I have been criticised by some women for being prepared to meet (not meat) them when I haven’t seen a picture of them. I let them know I like to rise above the meat market attitude which prevails throughout the site.

“How can I sound so nice? I have said nothing in my profile about me and I have no pic either. Not interested”

I asked her what no picture had to do with sounding nice. Had a bit of an uninteresting no-brainer discussion to which she concluded that looks were important. Bit rich coming from someone without a picture I thought.

"

no offence meant, but it screams that you have no interest in what anyone looks like as 'every hole's a goal'.

if thats wide of the mark then i apologise, but its how you come across

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

I'm not sure if I'm truly dyslexic or just think I am because I struggle to read the crap other people write

'This is a swingers site not a classroom'... life is a classroom, or it should be, here comes a lesson...

The simple way to stop people moaning about your lack of skill with written English is, don't write to people or learn to do it better

London

"

You noticed that too huh?!!

"But aren't the posters cyber kicking the OP's head in for using the metaphorical term 'grammar Nazis' oppressing his right to use free speech?

Which the history books tell us is one of the things we were fighting for in WW II. "

We were fighting for free speech? I think you need to go back to the history books. And there is no right to free speech either - that is a common misconception. There are many things in this country you cannot say - some of which are illegal.

"

v. of·fend·ed, of·fend·ing, of·fends

v.tr.

1. To cause displeasure

"Meat market"? If you want to view it that way. The question is do you want to be able to chose any cut or a have a more limited choice?

Idol Idle hahahaha my point proven. Good catch "

But to genuinely offend someone with a bit of incorrect spelling and/or grammar? Surely 'offend' is a rather strong verb for what may well have been just a typo? Just tried a thesaurus and all other similes seem just as bad.

"But aren't the posters cyber kicking the OP's head in for using the metaphorical term 'grammar Nazis' oppressing his right to use free speech?

Which the history books tell us is one of the things we were fighting for in WW II.

We were fighting for free speech? I think you need to go back to the history books. And there is no right to free speech either - that is a common misconception. There are many things in this country you cannot say - some of which are illegal."

History books written by capitalists, of course. But which one's tell us we weren't?

"

Pictures of flesh

"

So, even though you class this site as a meat market, (your words, not plagiarised), you like to rise above that attitude by wanting to meet females whom you don't even know what they look like?? Sounds like any holes a goal to me! And why is it a bit rich for a lass to be a bit wary of that attitude?

We were fighting for free speech? I think you need to go back to the history books. And there is no right to free speech either - that is a common misconception. There are many things in this country you cannot say - some of which are illegal.

History books written by capitalists, of course. But which one's tell us we weren't? "

And of course the communist versions of WWII all talk about free speech? LOL

We were fighting to free Europe and stop Fascism - not free speech!! I can loan you one of the many books I have on the subject if you need clarification.

London

"

His attitude is not unique, I'll await his "why can't I get a meet [on this meat market]" site?!!

History books written by capitalists, of course. But which one's tell us we weren't?

We were fighting to free Europe and stop Fascism - not free speech!! I can loan you one of the many books I have on the subject if you need clarification."

So your books omit the Burning of Books? Most notably in Berlin in 1933 with classical liberal, anarchist, socialist, pacifist, communist, Jewish, and other authors whose writings were viewed as subversive or whose ideologies undermined the National Socialist administration being burnt on vast bonfires.

Or maybe those pages in your books have been burnt?

I almost didn't include that second WW II pargraph. Looks like it's a good job I did.

"

Pictures of flesh

no offence meant, but it screams that you have no interest in what anyone looks like as 'every hole's a goal'.

if thats wide of the mark then i apologise, but its how you come across"

Surely this is a direct contradiction of why you're kicking my head in?

I'm now defending people's right to free speech and to not have to look like a model.

"

Pictures of flesh

Surely this is a direct contradiction of why you're kicking my head in? "

how am i kicking your head in?

By *adgodCouple  over a year ago

Greensburg

I'm not a nazi or a bully, but I would love that filter. You may have the right to type as you please, but I have just as much right to not want to try and interpret it. First impressions are critical on a site like this and everyone has the right to choose their own criteria. Its a preference more so than a judgement or indictment.

We were fighting to free Europe and stop Fascism - not free speech!! I can loan you one of the many books I have on the subject if you need clarification.

So your books omit the Burning of Books? Most notably in Berlin in 1933 with classical liberal, anarchist, socialist, pacifist, communist, Jewish, and other authors whose writings were viewed as subversive or whose ideologies undermined the National Socialist administration being burnt on vast bonfires.

I almost didn't include that second WW II pargraph. Looks like it's a good job I did. "

Your assertion is that WWII was fought for freedom of speech. It was not. Simple. Using one single thing done - the burning of books - as a means to bolster your thin argument doesn't cut it. We didn't declare war because Hitler was burning books or stopping people saying what they wanted.

sandwell

"

v. of·fend·ed

1. To cause displeasure

But to genuinely offend someone with a bit of incorrect spelling and/or grammar? Surely 'offend' is a rather strong verb for what may well have been just a typo? Just tried a thesaurus and all other similes seem just as bad. "

dis•pleas•ure

1. dissatisfaction; disapproval.

So Offend-cause displeasure-dissatisfaction/disapproval

"Remember this, correct spelling and grammar offends no one."

So, yes it is a correct term and not a typo. There is more to education than being able to google something

"I'm not a nazi or a bully, but I would love that filter. You may have the right to type as you please, but I have just as much right to not want to try and interpret it. First impressions are critical on a site like this and everyone has the right to choose their own criteria. Its a preference more so than a judgement or indictment. "

pfft your American any way so dyslectic or not your nation can't spell any ways .....

.... meant tongue in cheek !!

"

v. of·fend·ed

1. To cause displeasure

But to genuinely offend someone with a bit of incorrect spelling and/or grammar? Surely 'offend' is a rather strong verb for what may well have been just a typo? Just tried a thesaurus and all other similes seem just as bad.

dis•pleas•ure

So, yes it is a correct term and not a typo. There is more to education than being able to google something "

Even though I've just goooled the Burning of the Books

I almost didn't include that second WW II pargraph. Looks like it's a good job I did. "

So, we fought in the 2nd world war because germany burnt some books! Was it all those late fees due to the library?

sandwell

"

v. of·fend·ed

1. To cause displeasure

dis•pleas•ure

So, yes it is a correct term and not a typo. There is more to education than being able to google something

Even though I've just goooled the Burning of the Books "

But do you understand what you read? The burning of the books was about suppressing ideas not free speech. They had the gestapo for that.

I almost didn't include that second WW II pargraph. Looks like it's a good job I did.

Your assertion is that WWII was fought for freedom of speech. It was not. Simple. Using one single thing done - the burning of books - as a means to bolster your thin argument doesn't cut it. We didn't declare war because Hitler was burning books or stopping people saying what they wanted. "

Ok you may have a point but surely freedom of speech is part of the rhetoric as to why consumer capitalism = good

Fascism (and communism) = bad and must be defeated at any costs.

And I fear you have taken my comments on it a little too literally.

Free Europe: free speech. Surly a link?

"

v. of·fend·ed

1. To cause displeasure

dis•pleas•ure

Even though I've just goooled the Burning of the Books

But do you understand what you read? The burning of the books was about suppressing ideas not free speech. They had the gestapo for that."

But the ideas were being communicated by means of the written word.

Your assertion is that WWII was fought for freedom of speech. It was not. Simple. Using one single thing done - the burning of books - as a means to bolster your thin argument doesn't cut it. We didn't declare war because Hitler was burning books or stopping people saying what they wanted. "

You're quite right. Britain's declaration of war against the Germans was nothing more than the breaking of a treaty(based on trade)with Poland, and nothing at all to do with any violations of rights.

Greensburg

"I'm not a nazi or a bully, but I would love that filter. You may have the right to type as you please, but I have just as much right to not want to try and interpret it. First impressions are critical on a site like this and everyone has the right to choose their own criteria. Its a preference more so than a judgement or indictment.

pfft your American any way so dyslectic or not your nation can't spell any ways

I would counter that with a particularly witty barb, but clearly this is not the site to stage a cross-Atlantic battle. A war without allies is folly. I'm never overwhelmed, but I'd be ridiculously outnumbered. Lol.

.... meant tongue in cheek !!"

"I'm not a nazi or a bully, but I would love that filter. You may have the right to type as you please, but I have just as much right to not want to try and interpret it. First impressions are critical on a site like this and everyone has the right to choose their own criteria. Its a preference more so than a judgement or indictment.

I would counter that with a particularly witty barb, but clearly this is not the site to stage a cross-Atlantic battle. A war without allies is folly. I'm never overwhelmed, but I'd be ridiculously outnumbered. Lol.

.... meant tongue in cheek !!"

monty python ( sketch English agents French ) i fart in your general direction

Your assertion is that WWII was fought for freedom of speech. It was not. Simple. Using one single thing done - the burning of books - as a means to bolster your thin argument doesn't cut it. We didn't declare war because Hitler was burning books or stopping people saying what they wanted.

You're quite right. Britain's declaration of war against the Germans was nothing more than the breaking of a treaty(based on trade)with Poland, and nothing at all to do with any violations of rights. "

I'm being cyber bullied yet again (that makes a change). I'm agreeing that with you that defending freedom of speech is just part of the political rhetoric of a system which tells us democracy (a system originally built on slavery) and 'freedom of speech' is what we should lay down out lives for. And still I'm getting my head kicked it!!

"

Pictures of flesh

how am i kicking your head in?"

Having ago at me coz I said Fab's a meat market. Apart form personal attacks on myself I see very little to say that it isn't.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Previously I believed spelling, grammar and punctuation were not that important on a site like this... and to some degree I do still think that.

However, with the amount of apps, tools, aids and gadgets, not forgetting free online course and self-teaching tools, which are available to help people communicate effectively and clearly (ffs even the message box I've just typed this into has spellchecker) I can't help thinking some people who have such difficulties and do nothing to improve their communication skills are just lazy cunts who don't give a shit about how they present themselves.

"

His attitude is not unique, I'll await his "why can't I get a meet [on this meat market]" site?!! "

Is 'can't get a meet' the ultimate trump card on here?

By *cottishrichMan  over a year ago

Here and there

"Previously I believed spelling, grammar and punctuation were not that important on a site like this... and to some degree I do still think that.

However, with the amount of apps, tools, aids and gadgets, not forgetting free online course and self-teaching tools, which are available to help people communicate effectively and clearly (ffs even the message box I've just typed this into has spellchecker) I can't help thinking some people who have such difficulties and do nothing to improve their communication skills are just lazy cunts who don't give a shit about how they present themselves. "

"

Pictures of flesh

Having ago at me coz I said Fab's a meat market. Apart form personal attacks on myself I see very little to say that it isn't. "

havent had a go at you because you said it was a meat market.

if thats how you portray it, then its your misconception, not mine.

i have, however, questioned your selectiveness, or lack of standards because you portray yourself as someone that is happy to shag anything that accepts your approaches or lies still long enough for you to get purchase.

not a personal attack, and not the only one that has questioned the idea of meeting people without caring what they look like.

"Previously I believed spelling, grammar and punctuation were not that important on a site like this... and to some degree I do still think that.

However, with the amount of apps, tools, aids and gadgets, not forgetting free online course and self-teaching tools, which are available to help people communicate effectively and clearly (ffs even the message box I've just typed this into has spellchecker) I can't help thinking some people who have such difficulties and do nothing to improve their communication skills are just lazy cunts who don't give a shit about how they present themselves. "

Not disagreeing with you but sometimes the apps, etc you mention can turn people into even lazier cunts.

However, with the amount of apps, tools, aids and gadgets, not forgetting free online course and self-teaching tools, which are available to help people communicate effectively and clearly (ffs even the message box I've just typed this into has spellchecker) I can't help thinking some people who have such difficulties and do nothing to improve their communication skills are just lazy cunts who don't give a shit about how they present themselves.

Not disagreeing with you but sometimes the apps, etc you mention can turn people into even lazier cunts. "

Cunts??? A tad harsh is it not?

"

Pictures of flesh

Having ago at me coz I said Fab's a meat market. Apart form personal attacks on myself I see very little to say that it isn't.

i have, however, questioned your selectiveness, or lack of standards because you portray yourself as someone that is happy to shag anything that accepts your approaches or lies still long enough for you to get purchase.

not a personal attack, and not the only one that has questioned the idea of meeting people without caring what they look like."

Ok. My standards, or lack of them, notwithstanding. Surely that's quite succinctly sums the site up as a meat market?

Not disagreeing with you but sometimes the apps, etc you mention can turn people into even lazier cunts.

Cunts??? A tad harsh is it not?"

I thought so as well. Used for impact and perhaps 'shock value' too maybe. Why not take issue with the OP? and FFS stop doing me over

"

Pictures of flesh

not a personal attack, and not the only one that has questioned the idea of meeting people without caring what they look like.

Ok. My standards, or lack of them, notwithstanding. Surely that's quite succinctly sums the site up as a meat market? "

no, only your perception of how YOU use it.

most others get to know people

see them

chat to them

choose those that suit their own requirements equally

obviously all you are after is a piece of meat, whether it be the finest rump, or the rotting carcass dumped out in the skip, it doesnt matter to you as long as you get a bit.

wow wow why attack me????

I thought so as well. Used for impact and perhaps 'shock value' too maybe. Why not take issue with the OP? and FFS stop doing me over "

Doing you over? What makes you think i'm doing that? You both said lazy/lazier cunts so put my question to you both.

can you not see the hippiesk tongue cheek manor to witch in ideal world we would all get on????

"

Pictures of flesh

Ok. My standards, or lack of them, notwithstanding. Surely that's quite succinctly sums the site up as a meat market?

no, only your perception of how YOU use it.

most others get to know people

see them

chat to them

choose those that suit their own requirements equally

obviously all you are after is a piece of meat, whether it be the finest rump, or the rotting carcass dumped out in the skip, it doesnt matter to you as long as you get a bit."

You're making it sound like a dating site.

Grammar Nazis - I was told a joke once: "When comforting a grammar nazi , always use , There , Their, They're "

"

"Grammar Nazis - I was told a joke once: "When comforting a grammar nazi , always use , There , Their, They're " "

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

dont we always tell people that a preference is a preference is a preference...

I don't see a different between when someone says for example

"I have a preference for couples... or for certain ages... or for colour guys/gals ect.."

and

"I have a preference for someone who can spell well and make it easy for me to understand them...."

and yet one always gets attacked.... if you attacked someones preference based on colour.. or age... or sexuality the people would likely be slaughted....

yet one mention of spelling and people backs seem to be raised and people feel the need to go "ultra-defensive".....

the only difference in the main is that one is written and the other is unwritten...

people will use all sorts of things to whittle down the choice of people... its life....

"dont we always tell people that a preference is a preference is a preference...

"I have a preference for couples... or for certain ages... or for colour guys/gals ect.."

and

"I have a preference for someone who can spell well and make it easy for me to understand them...."

and yet one always gets attacked.... if you attacked someones preference based on colour.. or age... or sexuality the people would likely be slaughted....

yet one mention of spelling and people backs seem to be raised and people feel the need to go "ultra-defensive".....

the only difference in the main is that one is written and the other is unwritten...

people will use all sorts of things to whittle down the choice of people... its life...."

preference is just that ! but slating someone for it is not cool ... im not into the full full figure but would never say no " fatties "

I thought so as well. Used for impact and perhaps 'shock value' too maybe. Why not take issue with the OP? and FFS stop doing me over

Doing you over? What makes you think i'm doing that? You both said lazy/lazier cunts so put my question to you both."

So maybe I was lazy not replacing cunt with another word. But I was just quoting the OP. Can't seem to find cunt in my e-thesaurus though. And I've agreed with you that it's a bit strong. Would lazy fuckers be just as bad or a tad milder? I'm agreeing with you and still you're kicking my head in. Not the OP's!!

when did i use the C word??????????

who's kicking heads???? everyone take a breath !! its got a bit out of context !! diff strokes diff folks ............. admin .... admin ...ADMIN some one's gonna lose an eye in a min :/

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"

Cunts??? A tad harsh is it not?"

Or in this instance I may have carefully selected the word 'cunt' as the 'Compact Oxford English Dictionary of Current English' gives the definition "an unpleasant or stupid person" (relating to the OP's use of 'thickos') and because of the widely accepted (though still disputed) belief that the word originates from German language (relating to the OP's reference to Nazis). So all in all, a word meaning 'thick' deriving from the German language might be quite appropriate........ or does that just make me look like a smart arse

"

Or in this instance I may have carefully selected the word 'cunt' as the 'Compact Oxford English Dictionary of Current English' gives the definition "an unpleasant or stupid person" (relating to the OP's use of 'thickos') and because of the widely accepted (though still disputed) belief that the word originates from German language (relating to the OP's reference to Nazis). So all in all, a word meaning 'thick' deriving from the German language might be quite appropriate........ or does that just make me look like a smart arse "

yup a smart arse !!! touchy

"

Pictures of flesh

not a personal attack, and not the only one that has questioned the idea of meeting people without caring what they look like."

So anyone I may meet or may have met is a lesser cut than a grade A prime specimen like yourself? or am I just not seep and meaningful enough in my approach to fab?

"

Pictures of flesh

Nothing personal here either but we appear to be saying that anyone I may meet or may have met is a lesser cut than a grade A prime specimen like yourself and the others who have questioned (not sure what they've questioned tbh)? Or am I just not deep and meaningful enough in my approach to fab? "

Seems like being selective on the basis of a few pictures / looks is yet again a clear definition of a meat market. I say I rise above this and am being slated for being opposed to what I was originally being done over for in the first place.

...Up on the Downs

"Grammar Nazis - I was told a joke once: "When comforting a grammar nazi , always use , There , Their, They're " "

"Grammar Nazis - I was told a joke once: "When comforting a grammar nazi , always use , There , Their, They're "

"

There , Their, They're my dear deer

Greensburg

.... meant tongue in cheek !! monty python ( sketch English agents French ) i fart in your general direction "

My favorite comedy of all time. Well played. Now I'm going to have to counter. Going to build a large wooden badger.

.... meant tongue in cheek !! monty python ( sketch English agents French ) i fart in your general direction

My favorite comedy of all time. Well played. Now I'm going to have to counter. Going to build a large wooden badger. "

I told them we've already got one

Greensburg

.... meant tongue in cheek !! monty python ( sketch English agents French ) i fart in your general direction

My favorite comedy of all time. Well played. Now I'm going to have to counter. Going to build a large wooden badger.

I told them we've already got one "

When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled.

Greensburg

I'm a bit new to this. Don't know how to start a new thread, but how about most quotable comedies of all time?

I know the only one for me that even come close to Quest for the Holy Grail is Spaceballs. Anyone?

By *_MariusMan  over a year ago

Currently Faraway

I do like proper grammar myself, but I wouldn't go 'nazi' on someone just for their spelling...I dont always write perfectly x

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

"may I just change the subject for two sec's and gloat in the awe that this has been the most successful thread I have ever started ...................

..... ok ok i'm good ... as you were "

We is pleased for you...

Been an enjoyable thread..

X

"I'm a bit new to this. Don't know how to start a new thread, but how about most quotable comedies of all time?

I know the only one for me that even come close to Quest for the Holy Grail is Spaceballs. Anyone? "

Surely Life of Brian too.

'He's not the Messiah, he's a...(all together now)

and 'what did the Romans ever do for us?'

Would you like me to start the new thread in your honour?

No that isn't a quote

..... ok ok i'm good ... as you were

We is pleased for you...

Been an enjoyable thread..

X"

Are there any pigeons and cats to put amongst them left?

it's been emotional some real high's and lows ! how different grasps of the same language can raze so much feeling's thanks all one thing im sure we can agree on that is diversity is the spice of life and were all different but its a good thing ....

.... so long and thanks for the fish .......

" (oh, and people very rarely use apostrophies so i wouldnt be worrying too much"

I love apostrophising can't spell fer tofee! But the apostrophe is such a wonderful punctuation mark I think we should fight to save it!!!

Having read most of this threading, I still blame the pixies for my bad spelling.

London

"dont we always tell people that a preference is a preference is a preference...

and

people will use all sorts of things to whittle down the choice of people... its life...."

It appears to me, for some, a preference is a preference...as long as they're not excluded, then all hell breaks loose!

[Removed by poster at 11/09/13 07:23:17]

" (oh, and people very rarely use apostrophies so i wouldnt be worrying too much

I love apostrophising can't spell fer tofee! But the apostrophe is such a wonderful punctuation mark I think we should fight to save it!!! "

I agree. Comma's a right fucker though

"Having read most of this threading, I still blame the pixies for my bad spelling. "

Maybe stop playing them when you're writing / typing then.

and

Well said.

"well, if you are labelling yourself as thick, thats your problem, no one elses.

if you have problems with spelling, there are tools you can use

if you have problems with grammar and punctuation, i was always told to read what i had read, then when i have a natural break for breath, whack a full stop or a comma there,

hasnt served me badly over the years (oh, and people very rarely use apostrophies so i wouldnt be worrying too much"

Surely there are simple grammar rules for sentecs structure? But, as I've already said, comma's a bit of a fucker!

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

Sad times indeed, I was going to send you a message agreeing with you but was unable to because you had filtered out TVs.

Oh the irony.

Jenny.