FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > hpv vaccine,,?

hpv vaccine,,?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *odareyou OP   Man  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

My ex has just rung my eldest is at an age wgere shes due to have this vacination, I ve not heard Of it, I m about to Google, anybody know what its possible risks against benefits, ?

Ta muchly,,

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ighland_RoseCouple  over a year ago

Brigadoon

I don't know about risks but the benefit is that she won't get the kind of cancer that can be caused by hpv.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's against a type of cevical cancer. Course of 3 jabs and yep def worth it.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Wish I could have one.

My daughter had the vaccine last year at school and has had no ill effect. I just thought it was better to be safe than sorry.

By *odareyou OP   Man  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Cheers guys,

my little Lady had a bad reaction to a vacvine I think that was the hib vaccine years ago so my ex doesn t want herto have this one,

I m busy reading the blurb,

By *ittleBitOfFunCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Yes good idea for her to have it. Nhs are encouraging girls of 13 to have it and it does help protect her against most of the hpv strains specifically cervical cancer x

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I think it should be offered to boys too to help the spread of HPV.

I wish I could have had it.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

It's a no brainier, this vaccination is one of the biggest medical advances in this generation.

Definitely allow her to have it, both my girls have. I just wish it was available for boys too...

My oldest has just had them and youngest due to have hers soon. All worth it x

Both my girls have had theirs, however this is a very personal decision and maybe sitting down and talking with your daughter might help, read up about the vaccines on recognised websites and if you want to know more ring and arrange to speak with the school nurse who will happily chat with you (hopefully)

Good luck xx

By *tirling DarkCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

"It's against a type of cevical cancer. Course of 3 jabs and yep def worth it. "

I believe the jab has changed to include protection against more strains of HPV including some strains that cause genital warts. I agree it would be beneficial to ring the school nurse who will have the most upto date info on the vaccine.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

There have been deaths linked to it and there is absolutely no guarantee it will protect form cancer. Some say it will give a false sense of security for some girls and they will have unprotected sex, others want to minimise the risk of possible cancers.

Do some thorough research, including what's actually in the vaccine and discuss it with your daughter.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

Just found this.

'While manufacturer and ministers alike claim the vaccine could save 700 lives a year, in real terms that accounts for just 0.1 per cent of the girls vaccinated in 2008.

Campaigners say the money would be better spent lowering the age at which women are eligible for free cervical smears, from 25 to 20. Cervarix does not reduce the need for regular check-ups and there are 30 per cent of cervical cancers that it offers no protection against.'

I've no idea how many girls were vaccinated in 2008 or if the vaccination they use now is the same one.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"There have been deaths linked to it and there is absolutely no guarantee it will protect form cancer. Some say it will give a false sense of security for some girls and they will have unprotected sex, others want to minimise the risk of possible cancers.

Do some thorough research, including what's actually in the vaccine and discuss it with your daughter."

There have been no proven deaths due to the vaccine, all cases investigated showed underlying serious health defects previously undetected before death.

There have been several instances of seizures that have been thought to have been triggered by the vaccine but these account for around 1 in every 50,000 recipients f the vaccine, around the same for the MMR vaccine.

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

"Just found this.

"

Care to share the source of your quote?

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

Dont bother its a dailyfail article from 2009

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1167803

All claims within it are unsupported by scientific evidence, campaigners opposing it are not directly quoted and it is actually talking about gardasil which is a completely different vaccine.

But apart from that a totally relevant contribution to an informed discussion of the OP

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

I wish this had been available when I was a teenager.....It would have saved me from having to have more than a third of my cervix removed because of stage 1a1 cervical cancer

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

why dont they vaccinate boys too

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"why dont they vaccinate boys too"

It's a cost decision. And since males don't have a cervix...

But it has been discussed and would make sense, hopefully it will be the next step.

» Add a new message to this topic