FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gutted

Gutted

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Our sons applying for 30+ jobs a week. Had an interview today but didnt get it. Hes so down bless him.

Daughters training course finishes tomorrow, Friday they tell her no vacancies but can stay and do it voluntary.

Poor devils gutted for them.

Trying so hard

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

fingers crossed that something does turn up for them both soon

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"fingers crossed that something does turn up for them both soon "

Thank you. So many people in the same boat.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Voluntary can often lead to something I hope they find something soon

"Our sons applying for 30+ jobs a week. Had an interview today but didnt get it. Hes so down bless him.

Daughters training course finishes tomorrow, Friday they tell her no vacancies but can stay and do it voluntary.

Poor devils gutted for them.

Trying so hard "

If daughter told no vacancies butcan stay as volunteer shows there is vacancy or that they abusing her good nature.

Sickens me folk are treated like this. Wish them both good luck.

"Voluntary can often lead to something I hope they find something soon "

It led to a permanent job for my niece in the school where she helped out.

Often it is a case of being in the right place at the right time. And it all adds to their CVs. Hope they get something soon

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

encourage them to see looking for a job as a job in itself, get them to focus, get CV's done, aim to actually apply to 10 jobs a day. Good luck to them both.

Ok, time to think outside the box, instead of being sheep.

Most advertised jobs are allocated to someone, either an internal candidate or a friend of a friend, so applying for lots of jobs isn't the way forward.

Jobs are advertised for two reasons, first, company policy, and second to find someone with more experience who will enrich the company or organisation.

By applying for 30 jobs a week, and being disappointed 30 times a week, it knocks confidence, hurts and is pointless.

When looking for a job, split time 3 ways,

15 hours a week for yourself, sport, dancing, friends, fun,

15 hours for earning money in any job, shops, pubs, farms, casual labour, just for cash to live

15 hours to find the "perfect" job.

ie, decide the field you are drawn to, narrow it down to a specific company or organisation. ( it could be marine research or anything specific )

Find out as much as you can about the company or organisation, names, salaries, history, and then write to a named person in the department you are interested in, explaining why you are interested, and what you can offer.

IMPORTANT. offer to work for a trial period for free, this gives you as a potential employee and the employer a risk free period to evaluate.

Always attach a head and shoulder photo to the first page of any application and CV.

As an employer 100's of applications are received every year, and you have to stand out, people hire based on lots of reasons, but like most things it comes down to a gut feeling, and your eyes, will always sell you.

Good luck in their quest, and by thinking outside the box I know they will do well.

I would hate to be in this position. I've never been out of work luckily but whilst on maternity leave, I went through the yellow pages and sent my CV to every single law firm within a 20 mile radius and fortunately I found a job that was perfect for me at the time. Don't wait for jobs to be advertised. Good luck xx

By *eareenaCouple  over a year ago

Rockford

Its really shockingly bad in my area... the government say its getting better but I dint see it

» Add a new message to this topic