FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Time wasters......

Time wasters......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We've all seen the 'no time wasters' warnings on profiles (hell I've even got one on mine) but one particular shouty, all caps profile threatening to report all time wasters got me thinking: what is your definition of a time waster? Now this profile certainly made me run in the opposite directon (anyone who shouts at people they don't know has an anger management problem and is as sexy as Ann Widdicome) but if I was to message this person have I wasted their time if no meet is arranged?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

You've wasted your own time.....avoid at all costs

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

For some people deleting a message makes you a timewaster

Its an individual perception of how someone feels their time has been wasted

For me it would be being stood up with no explanation,for others it could be a whole lot less

Alright chaps? How do?

Nope! If no meet was arranged then nope you havent wasted anyone's time.

Anyone who feels compelled to shout in all caps is best avoided!

Ben

or someone who has no intention of meeting but pretending that they will

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Time wasting is engaging in messaging with no intention to meet from the outset, but conversing as if the intention is there.

If the conversation leads one or the other person involved to decide they don't want to meet, that's not time wasting, just Fab working as intended we reckon.

Ive had 6 meets all been time wasters and they where meant to be friends in my friends inbox and i ave just found another one who added me two weeks ago and asked cud he join us that was a mate and his missus .but he said he was scared but since then failed to meet up and asked again and hes.done it again so booted him out and.warned my true friends .online in my friends inbox whove ad same problem with him.why do they do it waste time .

Shit happens so best to move on and file under "experiences that make you go aghhhh"

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Time wasting is engaging in messaging with no intention to meet from the outset, but conversing as if the intention is there.

If the conversation leads one or the other person involved to decide they don't want to meet, that's not time wasting, just Fab working as intended we reckon."

I beg to differ! How could I contemplate meeting everyone that messages me? I couldn't!

So messaging for me is very important in trying to gage the person, however, I do find, most men don't like to try and get to know me, so if that makes me a time waster? Then so be it!

"Time wasting is engaging in messaging with no intention to meet from the outset, but conversing as if the intention is there.

If the conversation leads one or the other person involved to decide they don't want to meet, that's not time wasting, just Fab working as intended we reckon.

I beg to differ! How could I contemplate meeting everyone that messages me? I couldn't!

So messaging for me is very important in trying to gage the person, however, I do find, most men don't like to try and get to know me, so if that makes me a time waster? Then so be it! "

totally agree,

if a guy shows he is wiling to take the time to get to know you then he is half way there....

so many want to say hello, meet and shag....end of.

them sort go in the bin.

A single lady needs to consider her safety above everything else and probably wont meet until she feels relaxed and comfortable with who she is chatting with,

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

So messaging for me is very important in trying to gage the person, however, I do find, most men don't like to try and get to know me, so if that makes me a time waster? Then so be it!

totally agree,

if a guy shows he is wiling to take the time to get to know you then he is half way there....

them sort go in the bin.

A single lady needs to consider her safety above everything else and probably wont meet until she feels relaxed and comfortable with who she is chatting with, "

And it is so surprising how many men just do not understand about the safety aspect to meeting strangers!

Also, I think most look at our pics and think we are all just sitting ready and waiting for the one elusive message that states 'staying in such and such hotel, come and meet me now!

This site is not a catalogue you know!

totally agree,

them sort go in the bin.

A single lady needs to consider her safety above everything else and probably wont meet until she feels relaxed and comfortable with who she is chatting with,

And it is so surprising how many men just do not understand about the safety aspect to meeting strangers!

Also, I think most look at our pics and think we are all just sitting ready and waiting for the one elusive message that states 'staying in such and such hotel, come and meet me now!

This site is not a catalogue you know! "

Time wasting to me is arranging a time and place and one person is there and the other doesn't show without any word of cancelling.

Mailing one another then deciding not to meet isn't time wasting, it's getting to know if you want to meet that person. Either one can back out at anytime if they decide whoever they are mailing is not for them.

"or someone who has no intention of meeting but pretending that they will"

There's certainly some of this. Messaging but Always avoiding the subject when you mention the 'm' word. Just getting off on the attention. Yeah, I like some text flirting. But not too much. Think I'm getting better at recognising them.

we are all here to pass time, so I don't see the concept of time wasting.

What you give out , you always get back.

I agree, but what if you go to the trouble of writing a message in view of getting to know that person, but you get totally ignored, is that deemed as time wasting??

totally agree,

them sort go in the bin.

This site is not a catalogue you know! "

By *omfordwrongunMan  over a year ago

romford

I HATE TIME WASTERS !

Big letters cool

So messaging for me is very important in trying to gage the person, however, I do find, most men don't like to try and get to know me, so if that makes me a time waster? Then so be it! "

You're both saying the same thing. The first paragraph is trying to state no intention of meeting, period.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Yes, exactly. Entering into conversations without ever intending to meet, but pretending.

Thought it was fairly clear, possibly not, sorry.

"For some people deleting a message makes you a timewaster

For me it would be being stood up with no explanation,for others it could be a whole lot less

"

Yep, agree. Then, they ask for a second chance! Presumably to do it again. Had this.

"For some people deleting a message makes you a timewaster

"

Yep, agree. Then, they ask for a second chance! Presumably to do it again. Had this.

Not turning up or being stood up (with no contact after) is my perception of a timewaster. Things happen and communication is key.

Messages with no intent are just harmless, but often fun!

totally agree,

them sort go in the bin.

A single lady needs to consider her safety above everything else and probably wont meet until she feels relaxed and comfortable with who she is chatting with, "

"Not turning up or being stood up (with no contact after) is my perception of a timewaster. Things happen and communication is key.

Messages with no intent are just harmless, but often fun!

"

Your second paragraph: there's a big difference between messaging with no intent, and messaging, arranging a meet and yet having no intentions of meeting. The latter is not harmless fun.

well this thread just goes to show there is no definitive definition of a timewaster as everyone has differing views...

mine is this..ppl who wink you, tell you everything you want to hear, do the text, Skype, chat on phone then 3 months later just when you are ready to meet, they hide their profile and become incommunicado!!

» Add a new message to this topic