FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Female Circumcision

Female Circumcision

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How can we respect a race that believes in and performs female circumcision and genital mutilation.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I am in work, its 0305 in the morning. You have been watching something bad on the TV, so what was it and what race are we talking about?

I think that might be a religion and not a race OP..I dont even agree with male circumcision (it may be almost entirely different, however it is a violation of free choice)

Its a violaion full stop, you don't cut parts off to comply with culture or race.

god only knows.

"How can we respect a race that believes in and performs female circumcision and genital mutilation. "

And how can we respect an opinion when it's identified a "race" rather than a number of different cultures that do it.

Which "race" were you thinking of exactly?

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

See the thread with the same title that was posted earlier this week.

"How can we respect a race that believes in and performs female circumcision and genital mutilation.

And how can we respect an opinion when it's identified a "race" rather than a number of different cultures that do it.

Which "race" were you thinking of exactly?"

By *heScotandthegirlCouple  over a year ago

London & Edinburgh

"How can we respect a race that believes in and performs female circumcision and genital mutilation.

Which "race" were you thinking of exactly?"

Agree it's horrific and shouldn't be allowed, I'm glad it's being highlighted to raise awareness of the practice.

Again judging other cultures by our own isn't right either

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 07/09/13 11:17:22]

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Which "race" were you thinking of exactly?

"

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"Again judging other cultures by our own isn't right either "

"Again judging other cultures by our own isn't right either "

I'd differ on that..we wont(or try not to) accept genocide that some cultures have practiced, in their belief systems.

it might sound slightly fascist but there is an utopian ideal of what we should be as human kind...and for the greater good, we will use force

so for things like russias gay/race persecution we apply international pressure..the governments themselves wont back up the persecution in an official manner...no matter what their voters think, as its international financial suicide

genital mutilation I thought was illegal, but then when the authorities are corrupt it wouldnt really matter

in countries where a woman can write a book and be shot, what chance is there for a child with no voice?

I think I can safely the above are things I'd be happy for some TEAM AMERICA WORLD POLICE to go in and say "FUCK YEAH!"...however sadly they are mostly going in to say "Hmmm..whats in ur ground? I'll have some"

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"How can we respect a race that believes in and performs female circumcision and genital mutilation. "

It's the human race but not every section of it.

By *ebauchedAdventuresCouple  over a year ago

Harrogate

OP....that's a fairly sinister thing to say. Mutilating someone's body (especially a child) for your cultural or social beliefs in 2013 is absolutely not acceptable to us in the UK and the practice needs to be stopped both here and in other countries. You should probably appreciate however that suggesting you could lose respect for an entire "race" of people over the traditions and behaviour of a section of people with the same ethnic/cultural background is equally horrific to some people (myself included).

The practice of FGM is spread throughout the world and not confined to one race. People from different backgrounds are almost certainly always going to have differences in personal, social and religious behaviours, but the overriding view can allow us all to live together is respect for the other peoples humanity and maintaing the right of individuals to express their beliefs in an open environment so we can discuss problems and fix them where necessary.

FGM has come to the view of the public and in the UK we want it to stop because we feel it is wrong. The only way to do this is to explore the reasons behind it and educate the people carrying it out as to the damage it causes to people and why we don't agree with it. We have made it illegal because we feel it a severe enough crime against individual women to be punished, and yet the practice seems to continue. Obviously some people's opinion on the matter differs to ours.....totally losing respect for their point of view and alienating large groups of people probably isn't an ideal first response to a problem.

OP if you are saying that you would stop respecting an entire group of people by judging that anyone who has a certain skin colour is involved in supporting something you disagree with, then I strongly urge you to think hard about this and if it's the right view to spread in a progressive and accepting society. I think this probably isn't what you meant by your post and I share your disgust at the practice.

Not to say that this is an equal analogy (it very much isn't), but i would suggest some people can't see how they can respect any swinger because what we do totally goes against what many people believe is right. Alienating and disrespecting swingers as a group though will never make us respect this opinion.

» Add a new message to this topic