FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nosing?

Nosing?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Nosing isn't illegal when you do it in person, but apparently online it is. Is it ever suitable online or is there differance between doing it in person? Also by nosing I mean looking up information not perving. Also as long as no perving/stalking how would you feel if you thought someone was doing it, but not to one particular person and also how nosey are you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obbygggMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Apologies for being thick but I don;t understand this post.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Apologies for being thick but I don;t understand this post."

Don't apologise because I don't have a clue either

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nor me,

Come again? Didn't get any of that!

Have to nose too look at profile to see if people are compatible to ur requirements. ...

By *taffsfella1Man  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

If you mean looking up someone's personal information then it's protected by the Data Protection Act and you shouldn't get access to it anyway.

My ex used to work at the hospital and looked up mine and my kids records, definitely wasn't impressed with that!

had some cunt who works in the council tell my mrs somthing that she shouldn't of whilst having a row about kids,so my mrs contacted the council and had a apology in person from the top guy who promised it would not happen again,seemed to take it very seriously and so they should the nosey cunts

By *obbygggMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Oh I get it now. Well, unless the person "nosing" either tells you or reveals it to another person who then tells you how they know what's on your record how would you know?

Am I jaded, or did anyone else see the title of this thread and automatically reach for the urban dictionary assuming some bizarre - and probably illegal or at least requiring severe dexterity - act?!

Looking up peoples profiles here is fine ...... even if your not meeting them .... if its not they will soon block you .

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Come again? Didn't get any of that!"

Ok. I see if I explain it better. There is different types of nosing. Obviously we know what isn't acceptable, but what is acceptable in this world?

Examples:

If I saw you down a street and was taking photos for my own use, spying on your every move. Its called stalking and illegal.

If someone texts you and says police are around that building and you decide to go for a drive and have a look. That's going out of your way to nose, but its acceptable.

If you work somewhere where your job is dealing with the members of the public and sometimes the staff member gets served by you when their off duty. If this person is a tad shy to the opposite sex. So doesn't mention anybody that when you're serving them in work. If this person comes to you most of the time. Is that stalkish to the point of it being unacceptable?

Online is a different ball game. If you wrote a random message/status on facebook and someone who isn't your friend on there. Made a comment on it to your face, but didn't let on how they came about the information. How acceptable is that? Bare in mind though that they eventually come out and say they can view the odd part of people's profiles and anything like copyright or any bullying/sexual doesn't come into it at all as when they view it. Its all innocent.

» Add a new message to this topic