FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Family History

Family History

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aravancouple OP   Man  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

I've been researching my family tree, on and off for a few years.

Have you researched your family tree, if so how far back can you go.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Unfortunately i have a missing branch

"Unfortunately i have a missing branch"

Both sides of the family have been well researched. In the same generation on both sides I had a rabbi and a pork butcher! Mum's family came from Bialystock in Eastern Europe and ended up in Northern Ireland after escaping the persecution of the Jews. Dad's family are Londoners!

It was easy to research my Irish side but the Jamaican side proved a lot harder as not all of the invoices could be found so there are gaps but its quite interesting that part of my family was a slave in Scotland before being transported to Jamaica

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It's difficult to research when your family come from captured, indentured stock. I have no idea which part of India my mother's side were taken from. I know my grandmother was born just after British indenture ended in 1917.

My father's side is very confused as it's got Portuguese and other things too. I know a great grandfather was in Trinidad and his son was born in Barbados.

My brother in law has been doing his, it's easier as it's all Dorset and Somerset.

"It's difficult to research when your family come from captured, indentured stock. I have no idea which part of India my mother's side were taken from. I know my grandmother was born just after British indenture ended in 1917.

My father's side is very confused as it's got Portuguese and other things too. I know a great grandfather was in Trinidad and his son was born in Barbados.

My brother in law has been doing his, it's easier as it's all Dorset and Somerset.

"

We where finding it difficult research Vinny's side of the family.

» Add a new message to this topic