FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > worst bill you have had to pay.

worst bill you have had to pay.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Mine was for my work transit van clutch its a duomass clutch and the worst ford ever manufactured including a service and fitting the clutch.................

£960.00

I have put all the icons as I didn't know to laugh or cry when the garage gave me the bill........

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

The one for my dads funeral.

"The one for my dads funeral."

My mum passed away recently and the scandalous cost of the funeral and to bury her in total........£4350.00.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Funeral costs....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Solicitors bill for divorce £15k!!!!

I HATE HATE HATE paying the fucking TV license!

"I HATE HATE HATE paying the fucking TV license!"

100% 2nd that

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Mums funeral.....

I paid someones debt off to stop the bailiffs taking all their possessions. £2k.

"The one for my dads funeral.

My mum passed away recently and the scandalous cost of the funeral and to bury her in total........£4350.00.

"

£1250 to dig the grave of which we owned anyway when asked if 4 big beefy builder type sons could dig it out our self we were told .........sorry health and safety wont let you .

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

You do know you can get a doulmass convershen kit don't you. I'll not piss you off any more telling you what I charge

I'm from the US and since I've only stayed in hotels in the UK I had no idea... TV license? Really?

Sorry, off topic but what does paying it give you access to?

[Removed by poster at 02/09/13 16:26:02]

By *obbygggMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"I'm from the US and since I've only stayed in hotels in the UK I had no idea... TV license? Really?

Sorry, off topic but what does paying it give you access to? "

Crap politically correct leftie tripe. Plus you subsidise child molesters.

Manchester

"I'm from the US and since I've only stayed in hotels in the UK I had no idea... TV license? Really?

nothing its just anther british shafting

By * pool 1Couple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Television without adverts.

Birmingham

[Removed by poster at 02/09/13 16:27:16]

was in paris and spur of the moment went up to jules verne restaurant on Eiffel tower for dinner.knew it would prob be dear but near shat my drawers when bill was 325 euro for us two

"I HATE HATE HATE paying the fucking TV license!"

Me too! Especially now when they will be paying compensation to the abuse victims (quite right that they should be compensated). They say it won't be coming out of the license fee but it so bloody will.

"You do know you can get a doulmass convershen kit don't you. I'll not piss you off any more telling you what I charge "

By *wingerdelightCouple  over a year ago

eastliegh

its basically a tv tax. And it goes to fund the bbc

Birmingham

You pay it whether or not you watch it.Amazing but true.

I think the only thing I watch on BBC is Russel Howards good news, and thats it. Paying for a license for 1 show is a piss take

Television without adverts. "

So do you still have to subscribe to a service to provide the signal in addition to this? if it's mandatory for everyone to pay the licensing, why would money even spent on TV advertising?

So people would pay for no adverts but then look up really funny ones on YouTube?

I think I'm confused (and wow, ignorant in my own little world here )

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"The one for my dads funeral."

Same. A tear stained cheque

So do you still have to subscribe to a service to provide the signal in addition to this? if it's mandatory for everyone to pay the licensing, why would money even spent on TV advertising?

So people would pay for no adverts but then look up really funny ones on YouTube?

I think I'm confused (and wow, ignorant in my own little world here )"

The TV license pays for the BBC channels and radio as there advert free, the other tv stations are self funded through advertisements. And yea for some stupid reason, its mandatory and if you don't pay for it you get fined

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"was in paris and spur of the moment went up to jules verne restaurant on Eiffel tower for dinner.knew it would prob be dear but near shat my drawers when bill was 325 euro for us two "

A real adventure!

Lol. Explaining TV license to people is hilarious."So you have to pay £££ a year to the BBC. Who decide how and where it is spent. Currently being put to one side in expectation of numerous million pound compensation packages regarding very appallingly badly behaved TV personalities in the 70's &80's. They knew at the time but did nothing. What's that you say, you don't watch BBC! No one does but if you don't pay they will bully the life out of you until you do!. Oh yes it terribly biased and left wing too. Enjoy.

Sorry, off topic but what does paying it give you access to? its basically a tv tax. And it goes to fund the bbc"

A question !!! when was the last time you saw in your local paper someone getting a fine for not paying the tv license !!!!! also when was the last time you saw a tv detector van or guy on foot with a hand held detector......hmmmmmmmmmm questions!!.

Sorry, off topic but what does paying it give you access to? its basically a tv tax. And it goes to fund the bbc

A question !!! when was the last time you saw in your local paper someone getting a fine for not paying the tv license !!!!! also when was the last time you saw a tv detector van or guy on foot with a hand held detector......hmmmmmmmmmm questions!!."

When I first moved into my house a few years ago I didn't have a TV for a few months and a guy came round a couple of times to see why I didn't have one. Never heard of anyone getting a fine but I'm sure you get one if you don't pay

Sorry, off topic but what does paying it give you access to? its basically a tv tax. And it goes to fund the bbc

A question !!! when was the last time you saw in your local paper someone getting a fine for not paying the tv license !!!!! also when was the last time you saw a tv detector van or guy on foot with a hand held detector......hmmmmmmmmmm questions!!."

Another question!!! a local tv celebrity who compared a tv pop show now deceased had it written in his contract that he got a new Rolls Royce every year to avoid tax on his earnings as a perk who paid for that ......we did out of the license !!!!!!.

Birmingham

An answer. A record number of people were prosecuted for havinbg no tv licence. Over 180,000. One in ten crimina,l prosecutions in 2012 were for this heinous crime. Has that answered your question?

The TV license pays for the BBC channels and radio as there advert free, the other tv stations are self funded through advertisements. And yea for some stupid reason, its mandatory and if you don't pay for it you get fined"

So it only pays for bbc channels.. So you have to subscribe & pay for cable channels like we do here ON TOP of that tax?? Whoa!

Birmingham

The TV license pays for the BBC channels and radio as there advert free, the other tv stations are self funded through advertisements. And yea for some stupid reason, its mandatory and if you don't pay for it you get fined

So it only pays for bbc channels.. So you have to subscribe & pay for cable channels like we do here ON TOP of that tax?? Whoa!

"

yes!

"

Basically yea. But you don't have to have cable if you don't want it

A question !!! when was the last time you saw in your local paper someone getting a fine for not paying the tv license !!!!! also when was the last time you saw a tv detector van or guy on foot with a hand held detector......hmmmmmmmmmm questions!!.An answer. A record number of people were prosecuted for havinbg no tv licence. Over 180,000. One in ten crimina,l prosecutions in 2012 were for this heinous crime. Has that answered your question?"

Doesn't it cost more to prosecute? And I thought WE had a stupid government (yea, we do)

COUNCIL TAX......

A question !!! when was the last time you saw in your local paper someone getting a fine for not paying the tv license !!!!! also when was the last time you saw a tv detector van or guy on foot with a hand held detector......hmmmmmmmmmm questions!!.An answer. A record number of people were prosecuted for havinbg no tv licence. Over 180,000. One in ten crimina,l prosecutions in 2012 were for this heinous crime. Has that answered your question?

Doesn't it cost more to prosecute? And I thought WE had a stupid government (yea, we do)"

Probably but if they don't prosecute then no one would pay lol.

Welcome to the UK!

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

Every time you purchase a TV in a shop you also have to fill in a form which goes of to the license people

Pissedoff the queue in Asda when I bought a cheap one and I had to fill it in at the checkout

Basically yea. But you don't have to have cable if you don't want it"

Wow, thanks for answering all my ??

My mind is blown... I need a drink or something

Birmingham

A question !!! when was the last time you saw in your local paper someone getting a fine for not paying the tv license !!!!! also when was the last time you saw a tv detector van or guy on foot with a hand held detector......hmmmmmmmmmm questions!!.An answer. A record number of people were prosecuted for havinbg no tv licence. Over 180,000. One in ten crimina,l prosecutions in 2012 were for this heinous crime. Has that answered your question?

Doesn't it cost more to prosecute? And I thought WE had a stupid government (yea, we do)"

It's a bullying technique to scare people into paying.They can trace nonpayers but fail to find people sexually assaulting underage girls on their premises.Unbelievable!

eastliegh

"Every time you purchase a TV in a shop you also have to fill in a form which goes of to the license people

Pissedoff the queue in Asda when I bought a cheap one and I had to fill it in at the checkout

"

false address anyone

"COUNCIL TAX...... "

I would happily take my own rubbish to the tip and fight my own crime

Torquay

For our American friend....

ALL sexual crimes against under age people in the UK is carried out on BBC premises by BBC employees.....ALL of them!

And.....the poor old British people are having to pay for it!, it's a diabolical liberty?

And....all said sex crimes are being carried out by card carrying Labour Party members.

It's enough to make you emigrate....honestly it is.

"Every time you purchase a TV in a shop you also have to fill in a form which goes of to the license people

"

I've never had to fill a form in for a new tv and we've bought about 6 in last 4-5 years. Weird

Mr P

eastliegh

"For our American friend....

ALL sexual crimes against under age people in the UK is carried out on BBC premises by BBC employees.....ALL of them!

And.....the poor old British people are having to pay for it!, it's a diabolical liberty?

And....all said sex crimes are being carried out by card carrying Labour Party members.

It's enough to make you emigrate....honestly it is."

to be honest it does seem abit like that atm tho

I've never had to fill a form in for a new tv and we've bought about 6 in last 4-5 years. Weird

Mr P"

More Importantly......why do keep buying TV's lol?

Mr P"

Buy a tv of ebay they will never catch you then ha ha !!.

To clarify one thing......a guy wanting to pop on stockings, heels and lippy does not need a TV license!

"To clarify one thing......a guy wanting to pop on stockings, heels and lippy does not need a TV license!

"

.....funny

Torquay

It's enough to make you emigrate....honestly it is.to be honest it does seem abit like that atm tho"

Only because the vast majority of sex crimes in the UK don't make the news or newspapers.

Mr P

Buy a tv of ebay they will never catch you then ha ha !!."

They probably get info via SKY, Virgin etc.... which is ironic coz if Beeb was any good and spent OUR money correctly we wouldn't need SKY, Virgin etc.

eastliegh

"To clarify one thing......a guy wanting to pop on stockings, heels and lippy does not need a TV license!

"

it wont be long before that is taxed tho

By *az1312Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere near Coventry

"

Wow. You now have to fill in a form for every TV purchase.

I really think that is off limit.

What if I was buying it for someone else and then they don't renew their licence? Would it be me that was liable to prosecution?

eastliegh

Wow. You now have to fill in a form for every TV purchase.

I really think that is off limit.

What if I was buying it for someone else and then they don't renew their licence? Would it be me that was liable to prosecution? "

no they just check if the address you put down has a licence, if you dont then they will hassle you

It's enough to make you emigrate....honestly it is."

Well shit! I wanted to leave here because of the corruption but I guess there really is no place to go.. The grass is just as piss yellow on the other side

I'ma drop my hand in my pants & cheer myself up now..

Manchester

Mr P

Buy a tv of ebay they will never catch you then ha ha !!."

Don't tell them your name or sighn the silly paper work an they can't nick you an no they sure as hell can't make you. Iv never paid it an never will

» Add a new message to this topic