FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > so now the yanks dont want to

so now the yanks dont want to

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *wingerdelight OP   Couple  over a year ago

eastliegh

now it seems that the us is holding backon attacks on syria. what is it we arent beeing told?

if it was as cut and dried as the media would like us tothink then the us would be there already

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *RYBBWCouple  over a year ago

Leeds.

Perhaps Obama doesn't want to go in alone. He needs a poodle like Blair was to Bush. That was dodgy as hell too.....

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Perhaps Obama doesn't want to go in alone. He needs a poodle like Blair was to Bush. That was dodgy as hell too....."

We're damned if we do

And damned if we don't.

So there's likely no rush.

Of your only going to lose,don't dive in.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He's asked congress to vote on it. That doesn't mean he can't or won't order attacks, even if they vote no. It just gives him more time and a stronger political position, especially when he gets the UN report next week...

"Perhaps Obama doesn't want to go in alone. He needs a poodle like Blair was to Bush. That was dodgy as hell too....."

He's got the French

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Obama doesn't feel the need to recall congress as an emergency measure though.

It is an interesting twist that the House of Commons vote has had more of an affect on the US than if Cameron had just agreed to go ahead without a vote.

Andrew Made just covering this.

They (USA) realised the French would say they are with them, but the French are not exactly know to be a good Allied with...

Most history books will confirm that, and we (UK) need to make a note of the American politicians that heaped praise on the French with such statements and longest allies, and give them short rift and a couple of history books...

Media spin all of it.

Mention of military intervention stirs up stories of the mayhem it will cause in the region.

No action results in stories of how dysfunctional and weak the government is.

Maybe we should mind our own business about what the US is doing. We've decided that Syria isn't our problem so why is US politics our problem ?

Its the US popular bashing brigade at it again.

If the US do intervene on behalf of all those innocent Syrians who are living in fear of being harmed by their own government, I’d like to think every genuianly compassionate person in the world would hope whatever action is sanctioned ultimately helps create a safe and secure future for the Syrian people,,

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"They (USA) realised the French would say they are with them, but the French are not exactly know to be a good Allied with...

Most history books will confirm that, and we (UK) need to make a note of the American politicians that heaped praise on the French with such statements and longest allies, and give them short rift and a couple of history books...

"

Seeing as the French aided the US against us in the American Revolution, they might actually have a point. Especially as the French have never technically been the US's enemy. Just not very helpful.

By *lentyoffun40Couple  over a year ago

Lancashire

For all those that are saying we have to keep our noses out

What planet are you on ?

God forbid if these kind of attacks happened to us and the roles were reversed

Surely we would be hoping that someone intervened and came to help us?

Anyone who heard the speach from Obama must understand that he really has the evidence to be confident in using force . Even if that means going it alone

What he is trying to do is

1/ do it the right way with support and the country's backing

2/ do it the right way

3/ scare the shit out of another war crimes nutter in power

Well done to Obama I say

The only reason our government has wiped it's feet is because of the next election that looms

Thinking about themselves as per usual

"If the US do intervene on behalf of all those innocent Syrians who are living in fear of being harmed by their own government, I’d like to think every genuianly compassionate person in the world would hope whatever action is sanctioned ultimately helps create a safe and secure future for the Syrian people,, "

absolutely Soxy.

Personally Im confused why those that scream and shout and demonstrate over our own country and its terrible warmongering policies and police state ways, aren't marching around Assads palaces asking for a quick word.

Sunday, and I'm entering into these debates...need something more cultural....how about suck, snog or shoot Assad ?

"They (USA) realised the French would say they are with them, but the French are not exactly know to be a good Allied with...

Seeing as the French aided the US against us in the American Revolution, they might actually have a point. Especially as the French have never technically been the US's enemy. Just not very helpful. "

That was when the USA realised the French could not be relied on, and how they took the money from the Marshal Plan (rebuilt eurpoe after WWII) and then kicked every american unit out of France.

Seeing as the French aided the US against us in the American Revolution, they might actually have a point. Especially as the French have never technically been the US's enemy. Just not very helpful.

That was when the USA realised the French could not be relied on, and how they took the money from the Marshal Plan (rebuilt eurpoe after WWII) and then kicked every american unit out of France. "

But they were best buds in the late 18th century.

That was when the USA realised the French could not be relied on, and how they took the money from the Marshal Plan (rebuilt eurpoe after WWII) and then kicked every american unit out of France.

But they were best buds in the late 18th century."

Actually a large amount of funding to Washington and his armies was funded by members of the UK also.

Usa have not said they not going to attack syria yet just obama is doing what is right by gettong congress support as they have different way of doing stuff regarding finding for war etc.

Far better this way than the usual gung ho approach and if as i expect they will ok it then this will syrengthen him as president.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"now it seems that the us is holding backon attacks on syria. what is it we arent beeing told?

if it was as cut and dried as the media would like us tothink then the us would be there already"

see... that isn't true... and you didn't obviously watch the speech yesterday, if you did that is the worst spin I have seen in a while.....

what he said was, as commander in chief, that he has executive powers to order the strike, and believes he has enough evidence to do so... it would be a limited missle strike and there would be no us forces on the ground, he has given the order to his staff and it could be done at any time....

it was his senators and congressmen that wanted the same say as cameron gave mp's in the uk.... and that is what has been agreed on....

they have given each person a file on the us intelligence, as well as that the uk, french and others have, as well as pictures of the innocent women and children killed

it will probably be done on tuesday in both houses (monday is the labor day holiday)

what he has done is buy time... and the un resolution put up by the british can be voted on (and probably blocked by russia) then they can do it if they want to.....

it was a good speech.....

maybe the question for you should be this

if cameron gives the same speech here...limited strike, no troops on the ground and there is un evidence to say there has been chemical weapons used.... should cameron go back to parliament and try again????

But they were best buds in the late 18th century.

Actually a large amount of funding to Washington and his armies was funded by members of the UK also."

I'm not disputing that. What I was saying was that France aided the US against Britain in the American War of Revolution, thus making them the US oldest 'official' ally. I am sure there were a few Brits who also helped, but as they were in war against us I am not sure how they could be and still be our ally.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"For all those that are saying we have to keep our noses out

What planet are you on ?

Anyone who heard the speach from Obama must understand that he really has the evidence to be confident in using force . Even if that means going it alone

2/ do it the right way

Well done to Obama I say

The only reason our government has wiped it's feet is because of the next election that looms

Thinking about themselves as per usual "

But this has been going on for 21/2 years! If we really wanted to stop it, we should have stopped it 21/2 years ago before it got fragmented and full of jihadists. Now there is no one to fill the power vacuum so if we intervene, we could be left with an even worse situation. As usual, we've left it too late to ride in and save the day as we were too busy hoping it would sort itself out. Now there is no way of settling this without causing even more problems

"If the US do intervene on behalf of all those innocent Syrians who are living in fear of being harmed by their own government, I’d like to think every genuianly compassionate person in the world would hope whatever action is sanctioned ultimately helps create a safe and secure future for the Syrian people,, "

Totally agree... But...

Until the UN inspectors report telling us exactly who did what, all we have is media hyped reports. Who should we be getting at...??

Once that question is agreed then it should be the UN to police it and use the forces at its disposition.

Surely a veto from the Russians and the Chinese doesnt mean that the UN will do nothing....

I am against isolationism.... we must do something.... But... We must do the "right" thing.

I think Obama has seen what's happened in the UK, and is aware that public opinion is divided about intervention, so is doing it the right way and having a debate and vote on it. I think Cameron has been slated, but I think his approach is now being copied by Obama, as he's seen it will give him more legitimacy if he has Congress backing. Maybe Cameron could have waited a bit longer before having our vote, but I do think he was courageous in making a stand and wanting to do something straight away instead of sitting on his hands. I think Obama and Cameron have acted in the right way throughout this crisis and deserve our support.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"I think Obama has seen what's happened in the UK, and is aware that public opinion is divided about intervention, so is doing it the right way and having a debate and vote on it. I think Cameron has been slated, but I think his approach is now being copied by Obama, as he's seen it will give him more legitimacy if he has Congress backing. Maybe Cameron could have waited a bit longer before having our vote, but I do think he was courageous in making a stand and wanting to do something straight away instead of sitting on his hands. I think Obama and Cameron have acted in the right way throughout this crisis and deserve our support."

I also think Obama is waiting for the UN's evidence first before making a decision

"it was a good speech.....

maybe the question for you should be this

if cameron gives the same speech here...limited strike, no troops on the ground and there is un evidence to say there has been chemical weapons used.... should cameron go back to parliament and try again????"

Much as I’d like to have seen a similar speech given in Britain prior to the vote here and much as I wish the outcome of our vote had been different….

I would not like to see us hold another vote aimed at reversing it’s outcome…

Britain now has an opportunity to take a different role where instead of attempting to instigate the solution we can now lead the world by providing ongoing humanitarian support to the Syrian people and helping with the recovery process once a resolve is found to the present situation...

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Totally agree... But...

Until the UN inspectors report telling us exactly who did what, all we have is media hyped reports. Who should we be getting at...??

Once that question is agreed then it should be the UN to police it and use the forces at its disposition.

Surely a veto from the Russians and the Chinese doesnt mean that the UN will do nothing....

I am against isolationism.... we must do something.... But... We must do the "right" thing."

problem is the UN inspectors are allowed to tell people if chemical weapons have been used..... but it is not in their remit to say which side they think did it....

for as much as people are angry at Cameron... I am actually more angry at Miliband for turning it into a political points scoring exercise...

the party of the people turning its back on the people......

I’m disappointed by every parliamentarian or member of the pubic attempting make political gain from the democratic process that was created to reflect the will of the people…

We had a situation in parliament where opposition politicians were jeering and laughing at the governments failure to gain permission to engage in action aimed at saving lives……

Seeing people criticising our own government for upholding the values of democracy just makes those people look like fools..

"

Totally agree... But...

I am against isolationism.... we must do something.... But... We must do the "right" thing.

problem is the UN inspectors are allowed to tell people if chemical weapons have been used..... but it is not in their remit to say which side they think did it.... "

Bugger... Forgot that bit...

Then surely the remit needs extending for the future....

as has been said, there is no doubt chemical weapons have been used in some way, shape or from, but as to who was responsible, we will probably never know.

i actually agree with Russia's stance of, if America has evidence, they should publish it, so we can all see what they are acting upon.

i listened to Obama's speech, and i must say, if nothing else, he is a great orator.

it was a strong powerful speech that played upon middle America's tendancy to believe they are the 'world police'. was also refreshing, however ill thought out it will end up being, that he doesnt want boots on the ground.

as he said, he was voted in to end the ongoing wars, not to start another.

but yes, i would like to think IF it was the Syrian regime that used these weapons on its own people, then i would hope that anyone with any form of social respect or love of other peoples, would act upon it.

I am more worried about good old Rolf !!!

By *obbygggMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I'm surprised that apparently only 3 countries were prepared to do anything about this. It would appear the incredibly wealthy Arab Nations couldn't give a toss about their own neighbours.Oh and the evil Israelis are giving medical aid in Israeli hospitals to Syrians.

Let's keep our noses out of everything that doesn't directly impact the Uk. That inludes all foreign aid. Look after ourselves. Very selfish but hey ho.

This is where you need TEAM America to step in!!

None of the options available are good ones. I suspects the main reason is public opinion followed closely by the likelihood of retaliation on US citizens.

".....

I'm not disputing that. What I was saying was that France aided the US against Britain in the American War of Revolution, thus making them the US oldest 'official' ally."

Ah OK, I see where your coming from, but were they really allies, plan joint effort combine armies etc or just have a common enemy...After all France too had an interest in the Americas...

Anyway, all interesting, shall we continue this as we fuck

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

Parliament, unusually, made a decision which reflected the will of the British people !!

How do I know that ? Easy.

In 2003 Parliament voted to go to war with Iraq. One million British People marched thro London to protest that decision.

How many marched in protest against the decision NOT to bomb Syria...........None !!

John

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

".....

I'm not disputing that. What I was saying was that France aided the US against Britain in the American War of Revolution, thus making them the US oldest 'official' ally.

Ah OK, I see where your coming from, but were they really allies, plan joint effort combine armies etc or just have a common enemy...After all France too had an interest in the Americas...

Anyway, all interesting, shall we continue this as we fuck "

The amusing part of it all was that after France and her Navy enabled the fledgling US to gain her independence the US and Britain promptly signed exclusive trading agreements and effectively froze America's first ally out of the continent!

".....

I'm not disputing that. What I was saying was that France aided the US against Britain in the American War of Revolution, thus making them the US oldest 'official' ally.

Anyway, all interesting, shall we continue this as we fuck

The amusing part of it all was that after France and her Navy enabled the fledgling US to gain her independence the US and Britain promptly signed exclusive trading agreements and effectively froze America's first ally out of the continent! "

They even knew then that the French couldn't be relied on....

If you listened carefully to his speech, he says he has already decided to attack and bomb Syria so listening to what Congress says is just playing politics and pandering to voters. Get ready for a handy explosion or a very useful terrorist attack to change things.

"Perhaps Obama doesn't want to go in alone. He needs a poodle like Blair was to Bush. That was dodgy as hell too.....

He's got the French "

The French are very proud and will fight to the very last drop of US blood.

After the Nobel Peace prize winner finishes dropping Peace Bombs on the the Syrian people and believe me there will be a hell of a lot of "Collateral" damage". I doubt if Syria will be left with a safe and secure future. See Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Sudan, Egypt etc etc... When the US says they are coming to install democracy and peace RUN!!!

"For all those that are saying we have to keep our noses out

What planet are you on ?

2/ do it the right way

Well done to Obama I say

Thinking about themselves as per usual "

Can anybody can tell me why our soldiers who returned and are still returning from Afghanistan and Iraq minus legs, arms, eyes and other body parts and many others in caskets. What did they lay their lives on the line for? Until someone can give me a decent answer i cant agree to any of the points above. Any answers?

By *icked weaselCouple  over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

Can We Still Afford to Fight More Wars..

By *heMusketeersMan  over a year ago

Most West Mids Towns

"Can We Still Afford to Fight More Wars.. "

nope!,we are flat broke with too many mouths to feed at home,cannot afford to be world police anymore!.

By *icked weaselCouple  over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

"Can We Still Afford to Fight More Wars..

nope!,we are flat broke with too many mouths to feed at home,cannot afford to be world police anymore!."

Im Thinking WE Cant Possibly Afford to fight anyone anymore.. unless its nuclear...

» Add a new message to this topic