FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ever regret leaving a job?

Ever regret leaving a job?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rs and mr sanddancer OP   Couple  over a year ago

Boldon

Ok, here it is - Due to the fact that I felt undervalued and under pressure everyday, I got myself another job and handed my notice in last week; my last day is tomorrow but here's the thing, I had an 'exit inter_iew' today with them telling me they didn't want me to leave and how valued I was - why couldn't they tell me that before - the bloody swines had me in tears - there are a lot of people I will miss but I still think I've made the right decision - plus if I don't like it then at least they'll have me back!

Has anyone else done similar and changed their mind or regretted leaving a job?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I left a job I loved because of my boss who was a bitch. Regretted it ever since. Is there a way you could stay? X

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I have a partial regret about leaving one job. It was the right thing for the organisation at the time but not entirely the right thing for me.

I have gained other experiences but I have lost a lot of money.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Will you go back on the same terms & conditions, honestly... If you feel this way, speak to your current and see if they would be flexible with a break of service to let you think it through

By *hocksandmissusCouple  over a year ago

Chester-ish

I have done the opposite and stayed in a job I couldn't not stand but have now gone off to uni to get my degrees just so wish I had done it years ago xxxxxx

Boldon

"I left a job I loved because of my boss who was a bitch. Regretted it ever since. Is there a way you could stay? X"

I could stay but the conditions will still be the same, I feel I'm going from frying pan into the fire but this time I'll have my flame retardant suit on!

By *he one in the middleMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Ok, here it is - Due to the fact that I felt undervalued and under pressure everyday, I got myself another job and handed my notice in last week; my last day is tomorrow but here's the thing, I had an 'exit inter_iew' today with them telling me they didn't want me to leave and how valued I was - why couldn't they tell me that before - the bloody swines had me in tears - there are a lot of people I will miss but I still think I've made the right decision - plus if I don't like it then at least they'll have me back!

Has anyone else done similar and changed their mind or regretted leaving a job?"

I can not wate to leave mine I have been there for 39 years now and I am calling it a day next April like you said you are able to go back if you think you have dun rong x

Boldon

"Will you go back on the same terms & conditions, honestly... If you feel this way, speak to your current and see if they would be flexible with a break of service to let you think it through"

Can't afford a break of service - the new job is doing the same thing but slightly better money and isn't for an outsource company like the one I've been working for. When asked at my job inter_iew why I wanted to leave the current job, I told them it was because I felt undervalued and they assured me that they value their staff even though there will still be the usual compliances and KPI's to keep up with.

The terms and conditions would still be the same if I stayed or went back.

Boldon

[Removed by poster at 29/08/13 22:38:38]

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Cool... I understand the outsourcer piece.

Good luck in your new role

I would leave you felt under valued but they say your a valued member. Only said after you mentioned it then there's your answer

"Ok, here it is - Due to the fact that I felt undervalued and under pressure everyday, I got myself another job and handed my notice in last week; my last day is tomorrow but here's the thing, I had an 'exit inter_iew' today with them telling me they didn't want me to leave and how valued I was - why couldn't they tell me that before - the bloody swines had me in tears - there are a lot of people I will miss but I still think I've made the right decision - plus if I don't like it then at least they'll have me back!

Has anyone else done similar and changed their mind or regretted leaving a job?"

No not so far. But think on they would say positive things its a good company policy you obviously felt undervalued for a while to the point you actively sort another job. you are probably feeling apprehensive about the move most people do and wonder if they have done the right thing.

In reality you will most likely find the new job interesting and challenging and look back in 3 months and feel you did the right thing.

Boldon

Thanks for the encouraging words - sometimes it's good to see what people who don't know you think to a general situation.

I'll go to my new job with all my new self personalised stationery feeling better

Boldon

[Removed by poster at 29/08/13 23:25:31]

Boldon

Damn over sensitive mouse - keeps double posting!

I changed my job, after doing the same job for 3 different companies over twenty years, left my trade to work in a completly different role for more money and time off and love it, wish I had done it years ago

Boldon

"I changed my job, after doing the same job for 3 different companies over twenty years, left my trade to work in a completly different role for more money and time off and love it, wish I had done it years ago "

I was a civil servant for over 20 years but left when I moved and I struggled to get a job - The job I do now is half the pay but I get to do something I like - get paid for talking!! Its not ideal but it will do until I find the time to get my AAT

Always follow that gut feeling.

"Always follow that gut feeling."

not always your gut feeling just tells you what your head wants to hear

By *ucy and CarlCouple  over a year ago

Broadstairs

Don't be fooled thinking they would just take you back after you've left. Your position would probably be filled straight away.

The grass is not always greener on the other side,

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I'm about to leave my comfort zone, and start a new job. All my life I've worked in customer service and hospitality, and been very good at it.

For the last 3 years I've been studying with the Open University to gain a degree that will eventually lead me to working with offenders. A couple of weeks ago, I received a call offering me a job with Essex Probation. While I am really excited about the new job and opportunity, I have never done anything like this before, and really don't know how I'm going to cope. To put it bluntly and succinctly, I'm shitting a brick!!!

"Will you go back on the same terms & conditions, honestly... If you feel this way, speak to your current and see if they would be flexible with a break of service to let you think it through

Can't afford a break of service - the new job is doing the same thing but slightly better money and isn't for an outsource company like the one I've been working for. When asked at my job inter_iew why I wanted to leave the current job, I told them it was because I felt undervalued and they assured me that they value their staff even though there will still be the usual compliances and KPI's to keep up with.

The terms and conditions would still be the same if I stayed or went back."

if you told them you are moving for better terms and conditions, ask if they will match them for you to stay, seeings as they 'value you so much'.

thats what wage 'negotiations' are about.

they tell you what they are offering, you negotiate what you feel your value to the company is, and you comprimise.

if they are true to their word and value their staff so highly they would be willing to move slightly on their terms, especially if it would take a while to get someone in, or up to speed, on your job.

hope it works out, whichever way you turn

"I'm about to leave my comfort zone, and start a new job. All my life I've worked in customer service and hospitality, and been very good at it.

For the last 3 years I've been studying with the Open University to gain a degree that will eventually lead me to working with offenders. A couple of weeks ago, I received a call offering me a job with Essex Probation. While I am really excited about the new job and opportunity, I have never done anything like this before, and really don't know how I'm going to cope. To put it bluntly and succinctly, I'm shitting a brick!!!

"

Not sure how old you are but going off what you have said, your life experience"s you have gained will know doubt pull you through.

Good luck in your new roll, and remember to smile at the little buggers on probation

"I have done the opposite and stayed in a job I couldn't not stand but have now gone off to uni to get my degrees just so wish I had done it years ago xxxxxx"
im on this path now

Bitterly regret leaving the Armed Forces, but seeing the way the troops are treated today it maybe wasnt the worst decision I've made.

"Bitterly regret leaving the Armed Forces, but seeing the way the troops are treated today it maybe wasnt the worst decision I've made. "

I was pleased when I left, so many leaving now and finding it hard to find work

"The grass is not always greener on the other side, "

Just a different shade of green

The old leaving speech, Oh! how you will be missed.....like every job you leave anything goes wrong you did it.(once you've gone) We hope you are happier in your new job, move on in life & good luck

Boldon

Well, I ended up being a useless wreck today with tears over leaving friends behind, although many have asked me to put a good word in for them so they can join me! But I stuck to my guns and ended up leaving a hour early. The company would never negotiate better wages due to their structure.

I start my new job on Monday, knowing that they want me as they have regularly kept in touch and have made sure I will have what I need to do my role well. The grass may not been greener but for now, I like the shade!

Thank you for all the comments and advice

Good luck with your new job

O know what your thinking, I left a job and on one hand wish I'd stayed but would probably have gone mad there but new place sending me the same way so have started looking again.

but after all the woes and worries nothing ventured nothing gained?

Truth is if they valued you that much. You would know about it as they would tell you straight away. Not wait until you leave. Chances are they are getting you to change your mind. So they don't have to waste energy/money to replace you. Mates will mean it, employees won't and I believe you have made the right decision.

I regretted my move for many reasons, but luckily enough I still see my mates from there.

WOW! I've never even heard of an exit inter_iew.

I'm lucky I suppose, I've only ever been a temporary contract, fired or walked out of some pretty abusive jobs, but out of all of them, the DWP actually treated me the best and I wish they could have kept me on 9 years ago

Boldon

Well, it was my first day yesterday and I have certainly made the right decision - the work ethic is so different. Spoke to people who will be in my department (different teams but doing the same thing) and I asked the sort of questions that I wanted to know truthful answers to. I got the same ones the inter_iewer gave me - I will be valued and rewarded for good work and any problem areas are tackled with help, not punishment so I'm sure I'll be happy

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Been in same job for 18 years if it wasnt so close to home would of left years ago its only getting worse

I am left to be me own boss but to see how others departments are run never have i worked anywhere with such a low morale

Enjoy your new job and i hope all is well

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

saw some thing yesterday

I have not seen for quite a while ,

Scouse came home happy after having a great day at the new job

By *harma and GregCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

I recently left my job working in a restaurant chain I LOVED my job but hated my boss he would cause me to have panic attacks with the way he treated me! I would do 14 hour shifts and break my back to help them out but was never enough so as I'm going collage in September my husband and I decided I should leave so handed my notice in and left but was told I could go back if I wanted at any time. Well a week later my boss left and moved to a different restaurant so I spoke to the deputy manager (who was there when I was) and asked to come back as I really missed the people I worked with and my job I also knew they were struggling for staff in the department I offered to go back to. The manager told me she didn't need me and had no space as she filled all positions I then had a text from a friend who worked there only to be told that they needed me desperately and the manager hasn't taken on anyone and they are very short staffed my friend was really angry and I'm upset because I loved my job and would have done all hours god sends to help them out but she fucked her self there! I regret leaving that job but I'm also thinking I'm better off out of it!

Nope never... Life is about looking forward not back!!

» Add a new message to this topic