FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Noise advice

Noise advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I live on quite a big estate, and for the last few weeks there have been a number of kids hanging around outside the house playing football and shouting, yes it is the holidays, however my car is parked on the road and I seem to have a few more dents than before, but my question is at what time can I legally do anything and what can I do? X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Club the little feckers with a baseball bat

"Club the little feckers with a baseball bat "

I've debated throwing things out the window at them

Ask the council if they'll drop the kerb for you, there may be a charge for this, move part of your wall/fence and park in your garden?

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

are there community officers that patrol, maybe alert them to do additional walk bys

Is there a no ball games sign?

There isn't so have a word with the local pcso's see if they can encourage the kids to move elsewhere

I will send my mother over to scare them, no one messes with her. lol

I have a drive way, however with three cars to the house and being the last home I'm never guaranteed a spot.

We don't have any watches around here as they concentrated it on the new build site around the corner, but I'm getting fed up now of listening to them and hearing the odd bump as I think the ball has hit my car

By *lentyoffun40Couple  over a year ago

Lancashire

Ever thought back when you were a kid ?

We should be encouraging kids to play outside

Maybe just ask them nicely to watch your car

If it persists

Explain to them what's happening again and your not happy

It's so easy to criticise children and young people ..

Maybe try dialogue

You'll be surprised that the " teen yob " isn't what you think

"Ever thought back when you were a kid ?

If it persists

Maybe try dialogue

You'll be surprised that the " teen yob " isn't what you think "

Well I'm only 26 so that's not hard, however I was never allowed out on the road until gone ten at night, shouting, kicking balls on kerbs and towards cars... Maybe that's because I was brought up to respect others.

They aren't 'teen yobs' they are as young as six, well I'm sorry but even in the holidays I think its a bit off them being out until this time

Lancashire

The time they are out until

Is a valid point

I agree that children as young as 6 shouldn't be out On the streets at 10 pm

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

gerrr owwwfff my land!!!!

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"I have a drive way, however with three cars to the house and being the last home I'm never guaranteed a spot.

We don't have any watches around here as they concentrated it on the new build site around the corner, but I'm getting fed up now of listening to them and hearing the odd bump as I think the ball has hit my car "

if u hear the ball hit your car just casualy walk out there grab the ball and walk in with it say nothing

I reckon if you offered them home made cake and a mug of hot chocolate each they'd be off the road and stop playing footy sharpish.

If theyre as young as six presumably theyre your neighbours children? Have you spoken to their parents?

Water cannon?

"

I reckon if you offered them home made cake and a mug of hot chocolate each they'd be off the road and stop playing footy sharpish."

You are offering kids cake and hot chocolate...?

The trouble is the kids today don't respect anything or anyone and I suspect if you politely ask them to move or be careful near your car you would just get a mouthful of abuse. Best think would be buy a Rottweiler and tie it to the car that would keep them away

By *sprey6Man  over a year ago

Here!

"

I reckon if you offered them home made cake and a mug of hot chocolate each they'd be off the road and stop playing footy sharpish.

If theyre as young as six presumably theyre your neighbours children? Have you spoken to their parents?"

"

If theyre as young as six presumably theyre your neighbours children? Have you spoken to their parents?

"

If the kids as young as six are out at this time if night I suspect talking to the parents wouldn't work as they don't seem to care were there kids are

If it persists

Maybe try dialogue

Well I'm only 26 so that's not hard, however I was never allowed out on the road until gone ten at night, shouting, kicking balls on kerbs and towards cars... Maybe that's because I was brought up to respect others.

They aren't 'teen yobs' they are as young as six, well I'm sorry but even in the holidays I think its a bit off them being out until this time "

I totally agree with you I remember being a kid & had to be in before the street lights came on. And if playing out and getting into mischief you can guarantee that someone would know me or my parents & I'd get a clout round the ear. xx

If it persists

Maybe try dialogue

They aren't 'teen yobs' they are as young as six, well I'm sorry but even in the holidays I think its a bit off them being out until this time

I totally agree with you I remember being a kid & had to be in before the street lights came on. And if playing out and getting into mischief you can guarantee that someone would know me or my parents & I'd get a clout round the ear. xx"

Yeah totally agree same here and if someone asked you to move from their house you did so

Had the same problem and asked the kids to please watch out for my car which they promised to, but still couldn't relax whenever I heard them playing outside as I've had my wing mirror broken by other kids previously. So was always twitching at the curtains anytime I heard their ball hit something. I borought a soft airball and offered it to them instead of the basketball they kept using, but haven't seen them since???

Could also try pulling your wing mirrors in to stop them getting smashed or parking somewhere you know they don't play.

If they have/do damage your car, you have to prove it was them and then if the parents refuse to pay for damage you will have to spend time and money if you wanted to go down the legal route

If it persists

Maybe try dialogue

I totally agree with you I remember being a kid & had to be in before the street lights came on. And if playing out and getting into mischief you can guarantee that someone would know me or my parents & I'd get a clout round the ear. xx

Yeah totally agree same here and if someone asked you to move from their house you did so "

And if I did get a thick ear I certainly didn't tell my mum that so an so's mum had clouted me. I'd have got another one. xx

"

You are offering kids cake and hot chocolate...?

"

No, was thinking back to when i was a kid and everyone's mums on the close catered for any of us.

If it persists

Maybe try dialogue

Yeah totally agree same here and if someone asked you to move from their house you did so

And if I did get a thick ear I certainly didn't tell my mum that so an so's mum had clouted me. I'd have got another one. xx

"

Yeah daren't go home and tell me mum that I'd been told off by mrs so and so as I'd get a thick ear from her xx

"Club the little feckers with a baseball bat

I've debated throwing things out the window at them "

they will throw things back, through the windows

You could ask them nicely to be careful of the car, they might be nice kids and try and avoid your car.... or they could be little shits and target it more.

Can you park the car elsewhere just a thought?

Fucking little shits! Fuck 'em call the police and say they're underage drinking and dealing drugs. Police will be round like a shot!!

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

I check out your council environmental website usually a load about noise, to see if they can do anything. Other route is police, seem to remember it unlawful to play with ball in street. Also if children are not looked after social services.

But I ask the children first to be careful and see if they might move.

"

If the kids as young as six are out at this time if night I suspect talking to the parents wouldn't work as they don't seem to care were there kids are "

They not even from my street so not sure where they come from but its the same every night and when I pull up they shout as obviously I take some of their space up

"

Had the same problem and asked the kids to please watch out for my car which they promised to, but still couldn't relax whenever I heard them playing outside as I've had my wing mirror broken by other kids previously. So was always twitching at the curtains anytime I heard their ball hit something. I borought a soft airball and offered it to them instead of the basketball they kept using, but haven't seen them since???

Could also try pulling your wing mirrors in to stop them getting smashed or parking somewhere you know they don't play.

If they have/do damage your car, you have to prove it was them and then if the parents refuse to pay for damage you will have to spend time and money if you wanted to go down the legal route "

I have had abuse thrown at me when I pull up, but for me to park my car somewhere they don't play would mean me leaving my car at the bottom of my street and why should I? It's outside my own home and I pay car tax.

They know I am unhappy but that I can't do much x

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"There isn't so have a word with the local pcso's see if they can encourage the kids to move elsewhere "

just read that as psycho mind they may be more use

Lancashire

So we've had kids called little shits

Calls to Threaten them and even beat them

Call the police and say they are drug dealers !

And you say kids have no respect

My experience says you treat kids and young people with respect and they will give it back !

At the end of the day these kids are playing football in their own neighbourhood . Hardly thugs !

Communication is key here ! Speak to them and explain your concerns .. I'd like to bet if you so this the right way the kids will respect you and your concerns

And if not . Speak to their parents

It's hardly rocket science

"So we've had kids called little shits

Calls to Threaten them and even beat them

Call the police and say they are drug dealers !

And you say kids have no respect

My experience says you treat kids and young people with respect and they will give it back !

At the end of the day these kids are playing football in their own neighbourhood . Hardly thugs !

Communication is key here ! Speak to them and explain your concerns .. I'd like to bet if you so this the right way the kids will respect you and your concerns

And if not . Speak to their parents

It's hardly rocket science"

Might not be rocket science but when I've bad abuse shouted at me when I've asked them to move from near my car, which is parked legally and they are not from my street how do I know where they live and talk to parents?

By *az1312Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere near Coventry

[Removed by poster at 28/08/13 18:31:25]

Perhaps not much help, but you're not alone OP;

This following letter will strike a chord with anyone who has ever tried to get the police to respond to anti-social behaviour in their area. I have seen versions of this letter addressed to Devon and Cornwall Police, Springburn Police Station in Glasgow and Greenock, to the West of Glasgow. The version below is probably the genuine article and dates from 2007. The author denies making the letter public and his partner was quoted in a local newspaper about her concern about being identified:

The woman said: “We never sent it to anyone but the station so the leak has come from the police.

“These are local kids and we are worried they will identify us.”

Dear Sir/Madam/Automated Telephone Answering Service,

Having spent the past twenty minutes waiting for someone at Leith police station to pick up a telephone I have decided to abandon the idea and try e-mailing you instead. Perhaps you would be so kind as to pass this message on to your colleagues in Leith by means of smoke signal, carrier pigeon or Ouija board.

As I’m writing this e-mail there are eleven failed medical experiments (I think you call them youths) in West Cromwell Street which is just off Commercial Street in Leith. Six of them seem happy enough to play a game which involves kicking a football against an iron gate with the force of a meteorite. This causes an earth shattering CLANG! which rings throughout the entire building. This game is now in it’s third week and as I am unsure how the scoring system works, I have no idea if it will end any time soon.

The remaining five walking abortions are happily rummaging through several bags of rubbish and items of furniture that someone has so thoughtfully dumped beside the wheelie bins. One of them has found a saw and is setting about a discarded chair like a beaver on speed. I fear that it’s only a matter of time before they turn their limited attention to the bottle of calor gas that is lying on it’s side between the two bins. If they could be relied on to only blow their own arms and legs off then I would happily leave them to it. I would even go so far as to lend them the matches. Unfortunately they are far more likely to blow up half the street with them and I’ve just finished decorating the kitchen.

What I suggest is this. After replying to this e-mail with worthless assurances that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with, why not leave it until the one night of the year (probably bath night) when there are no mutants around then drive up the street in a panda car before doing a three point turn and disappearing again. This will of course serve no other purpose than to remind us what policemen actually look like.

I trust that when I take a claw-hammer to the skull of one of these throwbacks you’ll do me the same courtesy of giving me a four month head start before coming to arrest me.

I remain sir, your obedient servant

Graeme McLeish

Mr. McLeish was surprised to receive a rapid response:

Mr McLeish,

I have read your e-mail and understand you frustration at the problems caused by youths playing in the area and the problems you have encountered in trying to contact the police. As the Community Beat Officer for your street, I would like to extend an offer of discussing the matter fully with you. Should you wish to discuss the matter, please provide contact details (address / telephone number) and when may be suitable.

Regards

PC 387

Community Beat Officer

And replied as follows:

Dear PC 387,

First of all I would like to thank you for the speedy response to my original e-mail. 16 hours and 38 minutes must be a personal record for Leith Police Station and rest assured that I will forward these details to Norris McWhirter for inclusion in his next book.

Secondly I was delighted to hear that our street has it’s own community beat officer. May I be the first to congratulate you on your covert skills. In the five or so years I have lived in West Cromwell Street, I have never seen you. Do you hide up a tree or have you gone deep undercover and infiltrated the gang itself? Are you the one with the acne and the moustache on his forehead or the one with a chin like a wash hand basin? It is surely only a matter of time before you are head-hunted by MI5.

Whilst I realise that there may be far more serious crimes taking place in Leith such as smoking in a public place or being Muslim without due care and attention, is it too much to ask for a policeman to explain (using words of no more than two syllables at a time) to these t***s that they might want to play their strange football game elsewhere? The pitch behind the Citadel or the one at DK’s are both within spitting distance, as is the bottom of the Leith Dock.

Should you wish to discuss these matters further you should feel free to contact me on 557 0890. If after 25 minutes I have still failed to answer, I’ll buy you a large one in the Compass Bar.

Regards

Graeme [Surname Withheld to protect him from the local t***s]

By *az1312Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere near Coventry

"

If theyre as young as six presumably theyre your neighbours children? Have you spoken to their parents?"

He is surely not being serious? About the cake and hot chocolate thing!

Lancashire

If kicking a football I anti social behaviour the worlds gone mad

If anyone seriously finds that message amusing

Particularly in reference to using the word abortion etc they need a long hard look at themselvea

"Perhaps not much help, but you're not alone OP;

This following letter will strike a chord with anyone who has ever tried to get the police to respond to anti-social behaviour in their area. I have seen versions of this letter addressed to Devon and Cornwall Police, Springburn Police Station in Glasgow and Greenock, to the West of Glasgow. The version below is probably the genuine article and dates from 2007. The author denies making the letter public and his partner was quoted in a local newspaper about her concern about being identified:

The woman said: “We never sent it to anyone but the station so the leak has come from the police.

“These are local kids and we are worried they will identify us.”

Dear Sir/Madam/Automated Telephone Answering Service,

Having spent the past twenty minutes waiting for someone at Leith police station to pick up a telephone I have decided to abandon the idea and try e-mailing you instead. Perhaps you would be so kind as to pass this message on to your colleagues in Leith by means of smoke signal, carrier pigeon or Ouija board.

As I’m writing this e-mail there are eleven failed medical experiments (I think you call them youths) in West Cromwell Street which is just off Commercial Street in Leith. Six of them seem happy enough to play a game which involves kicking a football against an iron gate with the force of a meteorite. This causes an earth shattering CLANG! which rings throughout the entire building. This game is now in it’s third week and as I am unsure how the scoring system works, I have no idea if it will end any time soon.

The remaining five walking abortions are happily rummaging through several bags of rubbish and items of furniture that someone has so thoughtfully dumped beside the wheelie bins. One of them has found a saw and is setting about a discarded chair like a beaver on speed. I fear that it’s only a matter of time before they turn their limited attention to the bottle of calor gas that is lying on it’s side between the two bins. If they could be relied on to only blow their own arms and legs off then I would happily leave them to it. I would even go so far as to lend them the matches. Unfortunately they are far more likely to blow up half the street with them and I’ve just finished decorating the kitchen.

What I suggest is this. After replying to this e-mail with worthless assurances that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with, why not leave it until the one night of the year (probably bath night) when there are no mutants around then drive up the street in a panda car before doing a three point turn and disappearing again. This will of course serve no other purpose than to remind us what policemen actually look like.

I trust that when I take a claw-hammer to the skull of one of these throwbacks you’ll do me the same courtesy of giving me a four month head start before coming to arrest me.

I remain sir, your obedient servant

Graeme McLeish

Mr. McLeish was surprised to receive a rapid response:

Mr McLeish,

I have read your e-mail and understand you frustration at the problems caused by youths playing in the area and the problems you have encountered in trying to contact the police. As the Community Beat Officer for your street, I would like to extend an offer of discussing the matter fully with you. Should you wish to discuss the matter, please provide contact details (address / telephone number) and when may be suitable.

Regards

PC 387

Community Beat Officer

And replied as follows:

Dear PC 387,

First of all I would like to thank you for the speedy response to my original e-mail. 16 hours and 38 minutes must be a personal record for Leith Police Station and rest assured that I will forward these details to Norris McWhirter for inclusion in his next book.

Secondly I was delighted to hear that our street has it’s own community beat officer. May I be the first to congratulate you on your covert skills. In the five or so years I have lived in West Cromwell Street, I have never seen you. Do you hide up a tree or have you gone deep undercover and infiltrated the gang itself? Are you the one with the acne and the moustache on his forehead or the one with a chin like a wash hand basin? It is surely only a matter of time before you are head-hunted by MI5.

Whilst I realise that there may be far more serious crimes taking place in Leith such as smoking in a public place or being Muslim without due care and attention, is it too much to ask for a policeman to explain (using words of no more than two syllables at a time) to these t***s that they might want to play their strange football game elsewhere? The pitch behind the Citadel or the one at DK’s are both within spitting distance, as is the bottom of the Leith Dock.

Should you wish to discuss these matters further you should feel free to contact me on 557 0890. If after 25 minutes I have still failed to answer, I’ll buy you a large one in the Compass Bar.

Regards

Graeme [Surname Withheld to protect him from the local t***s]"

That made me chuckle as I could guarantee the same response as I've never seen a policeman/woman around here in the three years I've lived here

"If kicking a football I anti social behaviour the worlds gone mad

If anyone seriously finds that message amusing

Particularly in reference to using the word abortion etc they need a long hard look at themselvea"

Shall I get them to come a kick the ball towards your car at speed and carry on shouting and screaming all hours as I'm willing to share, I'm not old, only 26 but I was brought up to respect others and I would not class this as respect would you?

Im sticking my neck out now and dont care.

I'm the poor bastard at the council who when someone complains about kids playing in the street is instantaneously expected to miraculously make them disapear so that somebody can live in their little happy personal utopia.

You have car insurance. Cars get dented and you will not be able to prove it was an individual child even if you catch them on camera which I would not advocate...

It will stop when the weather gets shit which won't take that long... the kids are enjoying it while they can.

I admit.. I grew up on a council estate where you were lucky if the parents could remember which brats were theirs, but most of us are now pretty awesome adults.

OP... it's annoying but try and let it wash over. If you become the "grumpy" neighbour it will get worse.. trust me... the kids start targeting you and the parents take umbridge...

However frustrated you feel, there are always things you can do to make yourself feel better....

"Im sticking my neck out now and dont care.

I'm the poor bastard at the council who when someone complains about kids playing in the street is instantaneously expected to miraculously make them disapear so that somebody can live in their little happy personal utopia.

You have car insurance. Cars get dented and you will not be able to prove it was an individual child even if you catch them on camera which I would not advocate...

It will stop when the weather gets shit which won't take that long... the kids are enjoying it while they can.

I admit.. I grew up on a council estate where you were lucky if the parents could remember which brats were theirs, but most of us are now pretty awesome adults.

OP... it's annoying but try and let it wash over. If you become the "grumpy" neighbour it will get worse.. trust me... the kids start targeting you and the parents take umbridge...

However frustrated you feel, there are always things you can do to make yourself feel better.... "

I am not expecting a miracle but I just want them to realise that causing damage to people's belongings is not on.

Yes I have car insurance but why should I be the one to pay out £90 if and when my window screen gets smashed... I've had it done elsewhere.

The weather doesn't seen to make an ounce of difference to them.

Guess everyone just thinks I should shut up and lump it...

It's not that... and if you go to the council or the housing association they will try to help....

I just think life's too short... if I'm frustrated with things I can't change, I reach for some ben and jerrys or a nice smooth pussy... better use of my energy xxx

"It's not that... and if you go to the council or the housing association they will try to help....

I just think life's too short... if I'm frustrated with things I can't change, I reach for some ben and jerrys or a nice smooth pussy... better use of my energy xxx"

Life is too short but at 26 I'm working every hour I can to run the car never mind deal with dints and smashed glass.. I can't say that reaching for a nice cock is even helping X

Xxxx

can you not park on a neighbours drive? at least they're actually playing and not just roaming the streets.

"can you not park on a neighbours drive? at least they're actually playing and not just roaming the streets."

Live on a new estate so parking is bad enough as it is, I know they are playing but its getting annoying now with how late x

"It's not that... and if you go to the council or the housing association they will try to help....

I just think life's too short... if I'm frustrated with things I can't change, I reach for some ben and jerrys or a nice smooth pussy... better use of my energy xxx

Life is too short but at 26 I'm working every hour I can to run the car never mind deal with dints and smashed glass.. I can't say that reaching for a nice cock is even helping X"

Either, as a few posters have suggested try having a polite word with them, or phone the police, there is a chance that either method will result in the problem getting worse as they will bait you to get a rise. Third option, follow them home and have a word with their parents but prepare yourself to be possibly abused by the parents worse than the kids would. Forth option sell your car and get an older one that you don't care about so much, fifth option, move to a posher area.

Life is too short but at 26 I'm working every hour I can to run the car never mind deal with dints and smashed glass.. I can't say that reaching for a nice cock is even helping X

Either, as a few posters have suggested try having a polite word with them, or phone the police, there is a chance that either method will result in the problem getting worse as they will bait you to get a rise. Third option, follow them home and have a word with their parents but prepare yourself to be possibly abused by the parents worse than the kids would. Forth option sell your car and get an older one that you don't care about so much, fifth option, move to a posher area. "

Thanks for the options, I drive an oldish car but its my baby that I've worked hard for, don't fancy taking on parents as others on my road are quiet rude as I'm meant to live in a decent area

Either, as a few posters have suggested try having a polite word with them, or phone the police, there is a chance that either method will result in the problem getting worse as they will bait you to get a rise. Third option, follow them home and have a word with their parents but prepare yourself to be possibly abused by the parents worse than the kids would. Forth option sell your car and get an older one that you don't care about so much, fifth option, move to a posher area.

Thanks for the options, I drive an oldish car but its my baby that I've worked hard for, don't fancy taking on parents as others on my road are quiet rude as I'm meant to live in a decent area "

I've had brand new vans, whilst not trashed completely they've had wing mirrors bashed off and numerous scratches, lorrys driving into one and driving off, luckily a neighbour clocked that one and knocked on the door, electric wing mirrors were over £150 to replace so I know how you feel but there is little you can do about it.

Some Polish blokes caught the wing mirror vandal as he had done about 5 cars in the street, it went to court but he committed suicide before he paid any money which sort of made it insignificant anyway. It can be frustrating.

The problem with reporting the noise to the police is they will probably knock on your door to speak to you, so it is blatantly obvious who has reported them, which can sometime lead to more problems.

By *icked weaselCouple  over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

Install a Cheap CCTV Camera and put up a few warning signs that you got cctv and they will hopefully go away..

If it persists

Maybe try dialogue

You'll be surprised that the " teen yob " isn't what you think "

Lancashire

Most replies scream a blatant over reaction

CCTV installation

Police

Violence

Jeez ... Maybe go out and speak to them in a nice way ... Tell them that you like to see kids having fun and playing but just a bit worries that your car will get damaged and would it be possible to be careful

You will get far more respect by being open and honest with young people

If that doesn't work maybe go see their parents

Yes some parents are hard work but its the way you approach them .

In my youth we played football till late all summer and we must have hit every window and door imagineable

Hardly the crime of the century !

"Most replies scream a blatant over reaction

CCTV installation

Police

Violence

Jeez ... Maybe go out and speak to them in a nice way ... Tell them that you like to see kids having fun and playing but just a bit worries that your car will get damaged and would it be possible to be careful

In my youth we played football till late all summer and we must have hit every window and door imagineable

Hardly the crime of the century ! "

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

CCTV installation

Police

Violence

"

This

And they are kids doing what kids do. Their not mugging old ladies, selling drugs or stealing. I understand your frustration but get a cheap car cover from Halfords and just ignore them. There are worse things going on in the world.

By *unPeteMan  over a year ago

Near Bristol

Only if all else fails ... because this is pretty unpleasant for a kid ...

Also let your neighbours know you might do this otherwise they might vandalize your car!

Open the windows and play classical music as loud as you can! (I think I read ABBA might work too). Kids hate the classical stuff (but avoid anything that has been used in a TV ad, they could join in if they recognise it). They shouyld move on!

So you have to find the most unlistenable piece of classical music (suggest you start another forum thread lol).

End of the day, relax and don't let the kids' noise eat away at you!

CCTV installation

Police

Violence

Hardly the crime of the century ! "

I'm not saying its the crime of the century however why should they have no respect.

I have previously done as you have suggested and asked them to politely mind my car to be told to fuck off and they will do what they want... The oldest can't be no older than 14 and to make matters worse they now have laser pens that are sending my cats crazy as they shine them through my windows and up the blinds...

Yes we was all young once but I know myself for one was brought up to respect others... Surely most of you lot was too?

CCTV installation

Police

Violence

I'm not saying its the crime of the century however why should they have no respect.

I have previously done as you have suggested and asked them to politely mind my car to be told to fuck off and they will do what they want... The oldest can't be no older than 14 and to make matters worse they now have laser pens that are sending my cats crazy as they shine them through my windows and up the blinds...

Yes we was all young once but I know myself for one was brought up to respect others... Surely most of you lot was too? "

Just few more days and they will be back at school so with a bit luck normal service will resume, failing that a quiet word local police officer might do the trick, if you don't want to go down that line,I'm afraid you will have to grin and bear it

Life is too short but at 26 I'm working every hour I can to run the car never mind deal with dints and smashed glass.. I can't say that reaching for a nice cock is even helping X"

Buy a bicycle, pedal to work, get fitter and cut down your hours. Save yourself all this stress over nothing.

Win/Win/Win/Win.

Have a mosquito ultrasonic youth deterrent fitted aint cheap but work really well keeps them away they are used to keep kids from hanging around shops and other areas check them out on net

Lancashire

"Have a mosquito ultrasonic youth deterrent fitted aint cheap but work really well keeps them away they are used to keep kids from hanging around shops and other areas check them out on net "

These are now illegal ! As they should be !

No they are not check your info still being fitted by councils and still for sale at good security retailers

By *icked weaselCouple  over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

"No they are not check your info still being fitted by councils and still for sale at good security retailers"

Teenage Deterent - Are you allowed to fit them inside your own house.. hhmmm

Lancashire

Disgraceful

If any other section of society has such blatant stereotypes and gadgets that prevented them from congregating there would be uproar

"Disgraceful

If any other section of society has such blatant stereotypes and gadgets that prevented them from congregating there would be uproar"

Not really, most of the schools near me are erecting high wire/steel fencing to keep the buggers in.

"Disgraceful

If any other section of society has such blatant stereotypes and gadgets that prevented them from congregating there would be uproar"

Not really how do you think people feel when gangs of d*unk loud teens are all bunched up outside the local shop giving out abuse to the oap's or to others not nice

Lancashire

It's always the young people and children that get the bad reputations and blame for society's problems

Perhaps it would be wise to stop reading the shitty tabloids that stir fear into everyone about thugs , hoodies and " feral" kids

Every generation has had it's so called problems and teenagers have always been blamed for it

50's had the teddy boys,

60's there were the mods and rockers who were the scourge of society

70's it was the pinks turn

80's it was football hooligans , when in fact most football hooligans were men in their 30's and 40's. we also saw how bad the acid house kids were .. I mean fancy going into an empty warehouse and dancing all night .. How dare they!

90's saw the rise of the dreaded "hoodies" .. Oooh what fear they brought to society ... Scaremongering by British press at its finest

The truth is adults become disconnected from our youth because they choose to do so , it's far easier to beeline the hype and bullshit the press will have us believe than it is to try and connect with them

try doing something positive and maybe volunteer for a few months at a youth club .. It will do you and our scummy youths far more good than bleating on about how bad they are for daring to be on the streets kicking a football!

Sometimes you need to open your eyes and think for yourself .. This past few weeks I consciously made an effort to note how many rude and obnoxious oap's I came across

The amount of them who walk through a door and let it swing shut or who don't say thanks when it's opened up for them is amazing ( try it yourselves) yet young people who do it have no manners !

Last point on this subject is if this is the the only thing that's concerning you at the moment then ill say your very lucky

Perhaps it's because your in your 20's ! You know what 20 year olds are like ...

And to end nicely ... I'm not having a dig at you at all I just think you need to put things into perspective !

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

wonder if you think its a new thing with kids

here's a quote for you

Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”

he said this in . 469 BC so nothing changes

Lancashire

Too many people with zero tolerance levels

» Add a new message to this topic