FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Have you ever been fired/let go...

Have you ever been fired/let go...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Informally i.e. not even being told, just being expected to get the hint?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

No.

It's one of my career regrets that I have never been paid off to leave a senior role. I've seen it happen to others and they always end up with even bigger, better paid jobs.

Where did I go wrong?

On the other side, I've never hinted at someone that it was time to leave. I have always told them straight or had the conversation about how they develop further when I can see they have been holding themselves back.

"No.

It's one of my career regrets that I have never been paid off to leave a senior role. I've seen it happen to others and they always end up with even bigger, better paid jobs.

Where did I go wrong?

On the other side, I've never hinted at someone that it was time to leave. I have always told them straight or had the conversation about how they develop further when I can see they have been holding themselves back."

I have been paid off to leave a job earlier when I aanounced I was leaving, years ago and that I found hilarious as they only had to wait a month.

Otherwise, I've been writing for free for a new magazine and ever since I suggested they at least pay my expenses (which would only have been about £30 a week), it's all gone quiet for over a month now and a new issue has just been printed.

Childish, considering they were making a profit. On the upper hand, I got better things to do, and better houses to write for.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

had a couple of pay offs, if you behave like a premier league footballer, throw dummies, sulk, generally be a bit of a pain without doing anything sackable it usually works, you just have to be patient and hold out for them to get bored of waiting for you to leave!

"had a couple of pay offs, if you behave like a premier league footballer, throw dummies, sulk, generally be a bit of a pain without doing anything sackable it usually works, you just have to be patient and hold out for them to get bored of waiting for you to leave!"

Welcome back. Were you off being stroppy to get a pay off?

"No.

Where did I go wrong?

On the other side, I've never hinted at someone that it was time to leave. I have always told them straight or had the conversation about how they develop further when I can see they have been holding themselves back.

I have been paid off to leave a job earlier when I aanounced I was leaving, years ago and that I found hilarious as they only had to wait a month.

Otherwise, I've been writing for free for a new magazine and ever since I suggested they at least pay my expenses (which would only have been about £30 a week), it's all gone quiet for over a month now and a new issue has just been printed.

Childish, considering they were making a profit. On the upper hand, I got better things to do, and better houses to write for."

Make sure your readers know where you are writing.

"had a couple of pay offs, if you behave like a premier league footballer, throw dummies, sulk, generally be a bit of a pain without doing anything sackable it usually works, you just have to be patient and hold out for them to get bored of waiting for you to leave!"

Oh the first and hopefully final time I did that, they wanted me to quit and I put in a grievance, stating that I would leave when I was damn well ready unless they found a reason to fire me, which they couldn't. Checkmate. I was leaving anyway and they still paid me off.

This time, I didnt even get paid a wage before they've seemingly parted ways. That happened on a film set once too. I was Head of Special Effects. Didnt even see a day of filming until the director amateurishly announced the final day of filming on his facebook page. I made sure to hurt his ego for that. he replaced me with a fucking amateur face painter (zombie film) to save money, even though I offered to work only for expenses, and result - his film was fucking terrible LOL

I hate acting like a diva but when you want to make something work and everybody knows you have a rep for bringing a lot to the table, it's within your rights to display the fact that you are nothing short of insulted.

"had a couple of pay offs, if you behave like a premier league footballer, throw dummies, sulk, generally be a bit of a pain without doing anything sackable it usually works, you just have to be patient and hold out for them to get bored of waiting for you to leave!

Welcome back. Were you off being stroppy to get a pay off?

"

Me? Grumpy and stroppy???

Just questioning the OP about his motives. His posts suggest he is or has been, some sort of journalist. Not the wisest thing to advertise on a swingers site, or am I missing something?

By *exycleanerWoman  over a year ago

pontefract

let you know next week,ive worked for my boss over 2 yrs i never used to do extra hours as i had another job too ,since january tho have been doing extra work for her ,a month ago she got a new contract and put me in the job now she wont tell me if i have got it permanently just says see how you do the job if you do a good job or not ..ffs she using me as i was good enough for her to put me there in first place

"Informally i.e. not even being told, just being expected to get the hint?"

that sucks

ye si have it not fun at lest there where very nice about it all.

No never. But I have walked out of one job.

Something which I thought I would never ever do in my lifetime.

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

"Informally i.e. not even being told, just being expected to get the hint?"

Isn't that constructive dismissal?

"Just questioning the OP about his motives. His posts suggest he is or has been, some sort of journalist. Not the wisest thing to advertise on a swingers site, or am I missing something?"

No you're not missing much lol I'm not arsed, it's not a popular magazine and I'm not naming it here so nobody could care.

"Informally i.e. not even being told, just being expected to get the hint?

Isn't that constructive dismissal?"

Never heard the term before. Whatever it is, when I havent done anything to deserve it, it lacks common decency

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"Just questioning the OP about his motives. His posts suggest he is or has been, some sort of journalist. Not the wisest thing to advertise on a swingers site, or am I missing something?

No you're not missing much lol I'm not arsed, it's not a popular magazine and I'm not naming it here so nobody could care."

The Exchange and Mart?

"Just questioning the OP about his motives. His posts suggest he is or has been, some sort of journalist. Not the wisest thing to advertise on a swingers site, or am I missing something?

No you're not missing much lol I'm not arsed, it's not a popular magazine and I'm not naming it here so nobody could care.

The Exchange and Mart?"

LOOOOOL I dont even think it was that good

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Don't get me started on this a collegue at work went off with throw your dummy out syndrome...after not getting the job she wanted however got another job at same grade etc....she has been off nearly 7 weeks and muggings here was left doing it all for that time...it bloody pisses me off and now they gave back her old job.....

Nope every time I have been sacked its been fairly clear by the shouting and throbing vein in the temple that my services were no longer required lol

I did have a situation where a company put me in an awkward position .(constructive dismissal and bullying) I gathered lots of evidence, presented it to them and threatened legal action. The money was in my bank 3 days later and I started a new job the following Monday.

However I made sure I stuck with it untill I was ready to go, which annoyed them no end.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Many years ago I fractured my spine in an industrial accident and was off work for quite sometime.

When I eventually went back to work, I was called in to personnel and told that my position no longer existed and I had to leave the premises. My position didn't exist cos the had replaced me with 1 full time and 2 part time employees. But no one would put in writing why I no longer had a job.

On the advice of my solicitors I had to return to work every morning until I had something in writing. This went on for four days, the head of personnel wouldn't sign a letter and even directors wouldn't at first.

The company involved were supposedly a caring company and the bad publicity of an industrial tribunal would not have done the reputation any good. I eventually settled for 2 years salary as a payoff on the condition I didn't take the matter any further.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"No.

Where did I go wrong?

"

Haha plus 1 but still live in hope.

A common theme these days is to pay them off and let them back as a consultant charging ridiculous amounts.

"No.

Where did I go wrong?

Haha plus 1 but still live in hope.

A common theme these days is to pay them off and let them back as a consultant charging ridiculous amounts. "

I really am a failure then.

"Many years ago I fractured my spine in an industrial accident and was off work for quite sometime.

When I eventually went back to work, I was called in to personnel and told that my position no longer existed and I had to leave the premises. My position didn't exist cos the had replaced me with 1 full time and 2 part time employees. But no one would put in writing why I no longer had a job.

On the advice of my solicitors I had to return to work every morning until I had something in writing. This went on for four days, the head of personnel wouldn't sign a letter and even directors wouldn't at first.

The company involved were supposedly a caring company and the bad publicity of an industrial tribunal would not have done the reputation any good. I eventually settled for 2 years salary as a payoff on the condition I didn't take the matter any further."

That's a good ending though right? Your spine better these days?

» Add a new message to this topic