FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Egypt

Egypt

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So the German government has stopped all travel to Egypt,

I just wish ours would make a decision sooner rather than later, so it will give us time to book somewhere else my holidays are booked for those dates and I have no room for manoeuvre grrrr

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Would you even want to go there at the moment if the govt did make a decision either way

We were thinking of going there in a few weeks,have rapidly changed our minds on our own

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

My son just cancelled his holiday to Sharm as he has been getting a lot of pressure from us and his partners parents, I even offered to pay for another holiday for them if they never got their money back, I have been that worried.

What ever the Government says, it's best to avoid Egypt.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I'd think I would give it a miss and book somewhere else....look at that poor cameraman that got shot by a sniper.

By *ammyDodgaMan  over a year ago

Nottingham/and everywhere my location says i am ;)

Sharm is a fantastic place, and security is second to none. I was there several years ago when the bombings happened..

Since then I've been back numerous times and its safer than here, police, army on every corner nearly.

It's a shame really as true Egyptians are lovely people and I have some fantastic friends out there

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"So the German government has stopped all travel to Egypt,

I just wish ours would make a decision sooner rather than later, so it will give us time to book somewhere else my holidays are booked for those dates and I have no room for manoeuvre grrrr"

It's a big place, maybe the trouble will only be in Cairo

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"What ever the Government says, it's best to avoid Egypt."

For some travel insurance policies the Foreign Office warning is needed before the cancellation payment kicks in though.

By *ammyDodgaMan  over a year ago

Nottingham/and everywhere my location says i am ;)

I just wish ours would make a decision sooner rather than later, so it will give us time to book somewhere else my holidays are booked for those dates and I have no room for manoeuvre grrrr

It's a big place, maybe the trouble will only be in Cairo"

Sinai peninsula isn't really attached to it.

I just wish ours would make a decision sooner rather than later, so it will give us time to book somewhere else my holidays are booked for those dates and I have no room for manoeuvre grrrr"

We got back from Sharm last weekend and have to say there was no sign or talk of any trouble. We went out into the desert and all the guides said the same thing. The trouble is at the moment confined to the bigger cities. Trust the foreign office advice.

I would have no problem with going back there tomorrow, in fact we are looking to book again for next year. It's is a gorgeous place and the Egyptians that we met were lovely, couldn't do enough to help. Blinking hot though !!!

By *lentyoffun40Couple  over a year ago

Lancashire

According to the foreign office today

Only Cairo should be avoided

Any resorts around the Red Sea are safe to travel to

By *andWCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd

My parents booked a holiday for them and our children to Egypt we made them cancel, maybe we were rash but don't want either our children or parents being there at the moment

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

There was a fatality in Hurghada last weekend during a violent demonstration outside of a police facility, that was enough to persuade my son and his girlfriend that our concerns were justified.

"What ever the Government says, it's best to avoid Egypt.

For some travel insurance policies the Foreign Office warning is needed before the cancellation payment kicks in though. "

Thanks for the info, will bear that in mind.

Well according to new reports this morning they said there was a curfew in Sharm last night.

Not really a thing we wish to be caught up in.

And yes it's ok to day cancel, but there is quite a bit money to loose if we do

I gave a friend who has an Egyptian husband.. They are just north of Cairo, on holiday with the in laws and their children. Travel booked home for Monday.

Its very worrying...

"I gave a friend who has an Egyptian husband.. They are just north of Cairo, on holiday with the in laws and their children. Travel booked home for Monday.

Its very worrying...

"

We were so looking forward to going.

Could be 2 weeks in Skeggy now

I have my own reasons for being worried for them, having lived in Alexandria...

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I'm going at Xmas, hoping it may have settled by then, only have 2 days out of the 12 in Cairo, I'm sure Thomson will change it if still dodgy...was there coupla times during Arab Spring, Expats living in Cairo said it was no problem then, but it seems more troubling currently.

However, I'm a bit of a believer in pre-destination so if I'm due to die between 16th and 29th December 2013, it's gonna happen whether I'm in the Cairo Museum or shivering in Arse End

We got back from Sharm last weekend and have to say there was no sign or talk of any trouble. We went out into the desert and all the guides said the same thing. The trouble is at the moment confined to the bigger cities. Trust the foreign office advice.

I would have no problem with going back there tomorrow, in fact we are looking to book again for next year. It's is a gorgeous place and the Egyptians that we met were lovely, couldn't do enough to help. Blinking hot though !!! "

It is too hot in august...

Before june or after sept/oct it should only be about 30deg then.

Has no-one been following the news? You think it will over in a few days/weeks? lol

Forget Arab Spring think more Nuclear Winter and then some.

Good luck if you do go.

I'm booked up to go but not until next august

France and Russia have followed Germany and stopped all travel to Egypt, think its only a matter of time before ours follow, best start looking for somewhere else to go.

Preparation and planning is the key

"France and Russia have followed Germany and stopped all travel to Egypt, think its only a matter of time before ours follow, best start looking for somewhere else to go.

Preparation and planning is the key"

so have Italy now.what beggars belief is that Tui is the German operator cancelling,yet they own Thomas cook(or Thomson, cant remember which)yet they ate still happy to let the British go....

"France and Russia have followed Germany and stopped all travel to Egypt, think its only a matter of time before ours follow, best start looking for somewhere else to go.

Preparation and planning is the key"

That will hit them hard then, our daughter and family went earlier this year and she said they were nearly all Russians out there, very few English. The one time they ventured out they kept getting asked (quite aggresively evidently) why don't English people come to Eqypt anymore, she just said I don't know! But agreed with someone before that all the staff working where they stayed were wonderful and couldn't do enough for them.

Must admit though I worried when they went earlier in the year, but would be frantic if they were to go now.

Rang Thomsons this morning with ref to Egypt, they said would I like to change my holiday, I said I would and their response was np how would you like to pay.

I said I have already paid I just want change location, ah well because you have asked to, before the home office has advised anyone to travel you loose 90% of your cost so all I would get back is £240 FFs

I would have thought most of the Red Sea resorts would be fine.

The main trouble is in Cairo and the Nile delta towns and cities.

Okay for diving not so good for pyramids.

The British FCO is advising against all but essential travel to all of Egypt on their website. The area of North Sinai has a red warning the rest of the country amber.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/egypt

Preparation and planning is the keyso have Italy now.what beggars belief is that Tui is the German operator cancelling,yet they own Thomas cook(or Thomson, cant remember which)yet they ate still happy to let the British go...."

Why does it beggar belief at all? The foreign governments have stopped the travel.

Why would our Government care when, via William Hague, they are very keen on regime change, are desperate to supply arms to rebels in Syria, who put the military on the ground in Libya in contravention of a UN resolution?

Do we still employ that Mid East Peace Envoy?

Still if you want to go, enjoy and have a good time.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'm booked up to go but not until next august "

There may not be an Egypt by next August.

Glasgow

".......

Why would our Government care when, via William Hague, they are very keen on regime change, are desperate to supply arms to rebels in Syria, who put the military on the ground in Libya in contravention of a UN resolution?

"

Indeed. A few British corpses found overseas would suit Hague quite nicely right now.

Glasgow

Sky News is going to great lengths to point out Sharm is a 8 hour drive from Cairo.

How long is that in an F-16?

"Sky News is going to great lengths to point out Sharm is a 8 hour drive from Cairo.

How long is that in an F-16?"

longer their F-4's...

I think they're more interested in killing supporters of the muslim brotherhood than tourists though.

Glasgow

"......

I think they're more interested in killing supporters of the muslim brotherhood than tourists though."

I'm sure that'll come as something of a consolation to anyone deemed 'collateral damage'.

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 17/08/13 17:21:26]

"......

I think they're more interested in killing supporters of the muslim brotherhood than tourists though.

I'm sure that'll come as something of a consolation to anyone deemed 'collateral damage'."

And how many foreign nationals have become 'collateral damage' then?

I've only heard about the sky news chap, who was in the area of the protests, not in the red sea resorts. I haven't heard of them using the airforce to attack any areas.

No one is forcing anyone to continue to holiday in Egypt are they? If people would rather take their chances as opposed to losing some money then maybe they are putting money before their safety.

Glasgow

".........

No one is forcing anyone to continue to holiday in Egypt are they? If people would rather take their chances as opposed to losing some money then maybe they are putting money before their safety."

That seems to be the choice facing some Fabsters.

Al jazeera reported last night that the victims are being recorded as suicide...

Unbelievable. Its govt ruling.

Haven't seen news on this today, been out.

By *iss_BehavingWoman  over a year ago

manchester

Just got back from Sharm, or Sham as its now known !!..

it was crap !.. its empty !!.. none of the hotels are even trying to impress what ever guests are there im afraid..

Till things resolve id advise to stay the hell away..

» Add a new message to this topic