FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Advice please

Advice please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can anybody give me some advice?

Maybe one of you has had the same problem?

I wore a new pair of sandals for the first time today. I thought the soles felt a bit slippery so I was a bit more careful. BUT they got the better of me and both my feet went from under me TWICE in an hour.

The first time I fell in front of a car! It was definitely the shoes that caused it.

I have emailed the store to get them to call me. I want the shoes checked out!

I don't think I've done a lot of damage to me; a grazed hand and foot and my bum REALLY hurts. I'll see how I feel and maybe go see my GP.

Should I do anything else??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

If you bought a car with no tread on the tyres it'd be your look out to stay safe in it when driving ..... or not drive till the car was safe.

The sandals were slippy without grip, you said you knew this when you bought them...... but you still went out in them.

My guess is they'd not take responsibility for anything that happens.

Definitely see your G.P. Just in case anything ever comes of it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If you bought a car with no tread on the tyres it'd be your look out to stay safe in it when driving ..... or not drive till the car was safe.

The sandals were slippy without grip, you said you knew this when you bought them...... but you still went out in them.

My guess is they'd not take responsibility for anything that happens.

Definitely see your G.P. Just in case anything ever comes of it.

"

No, I only realised they were slippery when I was out. A bit late as I had no other shoes to wear. Didn't think I would actually be floored by them...

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Return them to the shop as they are not fit for purpose ie walking.

But your responsible for your actions and inaction,,,, and in doing so you chose to ignore your own concerns about the suitability of the new footwear….. so basically by wearing them you’ve shown inattention to personal safety and I can’t see why you would think anyone else should shoulder the blame…,,,

"BUT they got the better of me and both my feet went from under me TWICE in an hour.

The first time I fell in front of a car! It was definitely the shoes that caused it.

I don't think I've done a lot of damage to me; a grazed hand and foot and my bum REALLY hurts. I'll see how I feel and maybe go see my GP.

Should I do anything else??"

Try one of those 'ambulance chaser' companies that advertise in the JK ad breaks!!

"Where there's blame - there's a claim!!"

* good luck proving it though - I'd say the odds of being successful we're about the same as winning the lottery!!

I have had shoes like that, scuff the soles with sandpaper ! X

"BUT they got the better of me and both my feet went from under me TWICE in an hour.

Try one of those 'ambulance chaser' companies that advertise in the JK ad breaks!!

* good luck proving it though - I'd say the odds of being successful we're about the same as winning the lottery!! "

I don't want to claim from them.

I just want them to realise that these shoes are dangerous!

I'm hoping that other people will have returned them for the same reason.

I DEFINITELY want my money back!!

Under the goods and services act a product has to be suitable for the purposes it was made. Therefore if they were slippery while walking then this is a manufacturing fault and you have reason for recourse. That is unless the shoes came with a caution notice saying they may be slippery.

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

I don't want to claim from them.

I just want them to realise that these shoes are dangerous!

I'm hoping that other people will have returned them for the same reason.

I DEFINITELY want my money back!!"

You've made the store aware, i'm not sure what "else" you think people will suggest other than claiming .....

*Her*

New leather soled shoes are the same....

Scuff em up... You dont slip... Simple....

By *exycleanerWoman  over a year ago

pontefract

as nobody else has asked i will

how are you feeling after your falls

you asked if you need to go to see your gp

i tripped in the street last month and ended up in casualty .paramedics said best to be checked out as i had dizzy spells

and chest pain .my right hand swelled up

afterwards and went purple .

so i hope you are ok now xxxx

Why scuff em up with sandpaper? Stick that on and they'll last longer. Emery paper is better, works in the wet or dry.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Under the goods and services act a product has to be suitable for the purposes it was made. Therefore if they were slippery while walking then this is a manufacturing fault and you have reason for recourse. That is unless the shoes came with a caution notice saying they may be slippery. "

Would you not have to prove that the surfaceyou were walking on was not wet etc. I know the act you to of nut also know there are various loop holes etc that they can try to use.

"Can anybody give me some advice?

Maybe one of you has had the same problem?

I wore a new pair of sandals for the first time today. I thought the soles felt a bit slippery so I was a bit more careful. BUT they got the better of me and both my feet went from under me TWICE in an hour.

Should I do anything else??"

When the store calls get on ya indignant high horse n tell em they are not fit for purpose n do go to your docs cos store may offer compo

* good luck proving it though - I'd say the odds of being successful we're about the same as winning the lottery!! "

These companies will only chase a claim if they think they are 98% sure of winning... Don't think they would take a claim like this up

» Add a new message to this topic