FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > hangovers

hangovers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have one. And its bad, I think there's a hole in my head

Do you get bad hang overs?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My hangovers were so bad i quit drinking because of it !!

Still being sick 3 days later isnt worth it

They get worse as you get older! I hardly ever drink now so not had one for a few years but I've had a few horrific ones!

I quit drinking to the point of being d*unk about 12yrs ago.

I will tell you though that the best cure for a hangover is paracetamol, a large glass of water and two bananas (the headache is mainly cause by a drop in potassium).

"I have one. And its bad, I think there's a hole in my head

Do you get bad hang overs?"

Take two ibuprofen and a massive glass of water, and ready salted crisps. Sorted!!

Yep I'm in the hangover gang today. I rarely drink, so always get them bad.

I'm catching up with a mate today as well, and he's just made a batch of black cherry vino that he wants me to sample

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

you have a hangover most days lol

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Yup for some reason I always get a bad beer !

"I quit drinking to the point of being d*unk about 12yrs ago.

I will tell you though that the best cure for a hangover is paracetamol, a large glass of water and two bananas (the headache is mainly cause by a drop in potassium)."

And the dehydration effect as your brain shrinks in volume, pulling at the nerves as it goes. Hence the drink a glass of water

I get them really bad. I can have 2 pints and feel bad the next day

I don't take tablets. I heard if you take them after a night out it can double the damage done to the liver. And I put my liver through enough

[Removed by poster at 27/07/13 10:15:06]

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I will tell you though that the best cure for a hangover is paracetamol, a large glass of water and two bananas (the headache is mainly cause by a drop in potassium)."

Out of curiosity. Do the bananas go up your arse or do you eat them?

It's just I've seen some pics on here and I wondered if they had a hangover

I will tell you though that the best cure for a hangover is paracetamol, a large glass of water and two bananas (the headache is mainly cause by a drop in potassium).

And the dehydration effect as your brain shrinks in volume, pulling at the nerves as it goes. Hence the drink a glass of water "

Could you give me a hug instead

I haven't had a hangover since February 2011 and wont ever drink to that excess again

No need for it and a waste of days

And the dehydration effect as your brain shrinks in volume, pulling at the nerves as it goes. Hence the drink a glass of water

Could you give me a hug instead "

Well as you are approx 100 miles away, and I have to at work for 2pm, it will have to be a virtual hug

Out of curiosity. Do the bananas go up your arse or do you eat them?

It's just I've seen some pics on here and I wondered if they had a hangover "

Is it possible that the person in the pics misunderstood the term 'analgesic'...lol

A glass of water when you get in before bed seems to stop them being unbearable the next morning.

Nowt worse then working a busy Saturday hungover, it's great being a lightweight...

And the dehydration effect as your brain shrinks in volume, pulling at the nerves as it goes. Hence the drink a glass of water "

Not strictly correct I'm afraid. The brain doesn't feel pain it just registers it and it doesn't shrink due to dehydration or alcohol consumption (not in the short term anyway). What actually happens is the menenges (the fluid filled sack surrounding the brain) shrinks, not the brain.

Long-term dehydration will cause shrinkage of all vital organs but by that point the future is bleak.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Not strictly correct I'm afraid. The brain doesn't feel pain it just registers it and it doesn't shrink due to dehydration or alcohol consumption (not in the short term anyway). What actually happens is the menenges (the fluid filled sack surrounding the brain) shrinks, not the brain.

Long-term dehydration will cause shrinkage of all vital organs but by that point the future is bleak."

Clever clogs

Hair of the dog works, thing is we dont have a dog so best have a vodka and instead

Long-term dehydration will cause shrinkage of all vital organs but by that point the future is bleak.

Clever clogs "

It is my job!...lol x

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

I dont get hangovers.

Dunno why, have really hammered it on nights out in the past, and, apart from being sick in the morning if I have mixed the grape and the grain, I have no after effects.

Quick greasy fry up to settle the stomach and I'm set for the day!

I do hangovers with dignity and poise.... That's bollocks actually, I don't do hangovers with any dignity. I'm like a bear with a sore head!! I haven't d*unk to extreme excess for 2 months, but I will be enjoying a free bar at my cousin's wedding next week!

Long-term dehydration will cause shrinkage of all vital organs but by that point the future is bleak."

I know the brain doesn't feel pain, and I was trying to pass the information over in a simple to understand way. I do have a medical background, and find people switch off if you use long medical versions

I have always suffered bad hangovers and as a result rarely get d*unk

I know the brain doesn't feel pain, and I was trying to pass the information over in a simple to understand way. I do have a medical background, and find people switch off if you use long medical versions "

They also missunderstand...lol

It's a hangover. Usually a can of 'Man the fuck up' does the trick!!

» Add a new message to this topic