FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Punching above your weight

Punching above your weight

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Im sure its happened to lots of people on here down through the years. You walk into a bar/club and see someone and you think whoooarr....but you won't approach them because you think you wouldn't stand a chance.

Have you ever looked at a profile and just passed it by, for the only reason that you think you'd be punching above your weight...?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Nope.... if I was interested enough to want to contact them I'd contact them.

So what if they're not interested

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think that's a funny one because physically it can happen a lot, sometimes you just click with people and can convince them that they are attracted to you. I have no problems with approaching a girl in a bar that I think is out of my league, and I do alright ! Xxx

Yeah I do it a lot, many fems and couples I'd like to meet but refrain from messaging them I think there in a league above me

By *ondonpride69Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

There no harm in just going for a chat and anything else is a bonus. girls in there 20's don't appeal to me (tony) too young, but doesn't stop me talking to them.

Never looked at punching above my weight, if they like me they like me if they don't it's there choice.

"There no harm in just going for a chat and anything else is a bonus. girls in there 20's don't appeal to me (tony) too young, but doesn't stop me talking to them.

Never looked at punching above my weight, if they like me they like me if they don't it's there choice."

Absolutely agree. Never had this problem when I (mr h) was younger and nearly always had a positive response. Maybe it's just me getting older....or paranoia...

I always find i think that and never message any1 i wait 2 b messaged xx

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I'm 51 this year. I never think that way. They're interested or not and there's only one way to find out.

[Removed by poster at 25/07/13 14:13:24]

I suppose fortune favours the brave

We used to think this , but not any longer . The folk we meet always seem to make us feel equal , no matter how gorgeous they are !

That's the joy of fab - we are all equally as fabulous and judgement rarely comes into it

By *ondonpride69Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"I suppose fortune favours the brave "

He who dares rodders he who dares

"I suppose fortune favours the brave

He who dares rodders he who dares "

Sooo funny

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

If I like someone I will message them. If I am not their cup of tea ah well. Least I can't say I never tried.

Yes a couple of times

Have to admit I never messaged anyone but I've been very lucky to meet some gorgeous men on this site, who have punched below their weight in my mind!!

The only time I messaged first was during the dare show your face thread and I'm extremely glad I did

"Have to admit I never messaged anyone but I've been very lucky to meet some gorgeous men on this site, who have punched below their weight in my mind!!

The only time I messaged first was during the dare show your face thread and I'm extremely glad I did "

Often do this, although im actually meeting someone tonight, for a social, that I would consider, out of my league.

Been messaging her for weeks, after I sent a brief message in response to her status, and found we get on well, so who knows.

It's sometimes a complete surprise who responds to a message, and who doesn't, you just never know, but if you can convey some of your personality and sense of humour early on, then hopefully the right people for you, will message back.

"Im sure its happened to lots of people on here down through the years. You walk into a bar/club and see someone and you think whoooarr....but you won't approach them because you think you wouldn't stand a chance.

Have you ever looked at a profile and just passed it by, for the only reason that you think you'd be punching above your weight...?"

yeah all the time lol

I get loads of messages from guys who are drop dead gorgeous but I don't reply because I think theres no way they will like me

"Im sure its happened to lots of people on here down through the years. You walk into a bar/club and see someone and you think whoooarr....but you won't approach them because you think you wouldn't stand a chance.

Have you ever looked at a profile and just passed it by, for the only reason that you think you'd be punching above your weight...?"

Often... Sounds morbid doesn't it.

Then again I have pulled a few girls on a night out and I've thought how the hell did I manage that?!

I've just met someone who I thought was out of my league. In fact we only traded banter for several months. Then the ice caps started to thaw and before you know it things were developing nicely.

Give people a chance. Maybe not everyone is as shallow and image obsessed as I am. So glad they aren't.

In bars I certainly do refrain from approaching chicks out my league. On fab I message all the fitties lol. In person, rejection is lot harder to take.

By *igSuki81Man  over a year ago

Retirement Village

Simple answer...yes

I often pass fitties by. I suppose I'm not naturally self confident. Who want to shag a bald, asthamatic, speccy lol

Having said that I more often pass by people with loads of veris even if they are drop dead gorgeous as I think I feel a bit intimidated.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I've just met someone who I thought was out of my league. In fact we only traded banter for several months. Then the ice caps started to thaw and before you know it things were developing nicely.

Give people a chance. Maybe not everyone is as shallow and image obsessed as I am. So glad they aren't. "

Your penultimate sentence says it all.

The out of my league thing would apply in my head if I thought they were intellectually beyond me and I couldn't keep up my end of the conversation.

Looks fade, bodies sag so I would hate to think someone just chose me as I look low enough on this imaginary league table to be low hung fruit. Mixing my metaphors, I know.

Have you ever looked at a profile and just passed it by, for the only reason that you think you'd be punching above your weight...?i

yeah all the time lol

I get loads of messages from guys who are drop dead gorgeous but I don't reply because I think theres no way they will like me "

So maybe that's why so many people don't reply to my messages! Lol

(I don't think!).

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

I am not punching anyone lol would prefer sex instead lol

Having said that I also pass by people with slit, whore, etc in their names. Adding it all together with being an ugly bastard means my pool of likely meets is drier than a nuns knickers

"Having said that I also pass by people with slit, whore, etc in their names. Adding it all together with being an ugly bastard means my pool of likely meets is drier than a nuns knickers "

So lets get this right......you're a bald, asmathic, specky rugby player.....surely no such thing...

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Be fibbing if I said we had never passed a profile by as we both thought they wouldn't be interested in us.

We used to always wait and see who contacted us.

But after meeting a couple at a party that we had lusted after for ages tell us that they had wanted to mail us for ages but didn't think we would be interested. Realised we were being a bit silly...

Now we are a bit braver and have thicker skin

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

so true

Don't know about fab but everyone tells me I'm punching way over my weight

The benefits of inhalers and contact lenses. And the baldy head makes me look tougher than I actually am lol

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

This phrase is irrelevant to me either on internets or IRL.

You may as well message and try ya luck as messaging people on fab aint person and its easy just to type a few words together and send, meeting in real takes more courage and hell yeah im defo up for that challenge, all I am on here is a profile a few pics and words but in real in confident in many ways and have a great fun personality to go with it, would chat to anyone as thats the person I am, on fab its very double standard at times, you just gave to have the right tools in certain cases, a bottomless wallet, an extremly hot other half, a monster cock, a pulse or be a single female and if your bi then thing dont get any better be it hot or not

Nope wots the worse they can say

"In bars I certainly do refrain from approaching chicks out my league. On fab I message all the fitties lol. In person, rejection is lot harder to take. "

A long time a go I noticed that hot women often end up going home alone as nobody dared approach them. Since then I have never considered anyone to good or not good enough until after we have spoken.

"In bars I certainly do refrain from approaching chicks out my league. On fab I message all the fitties lol. In person, rejection is lot harder to take.

A long time a go I noticed that hot women often end up going home alone as nobody dared approach them. Since then I have never considered anyone to good or not good enough until after we have spoken. "

Phew! That's why I always ended up going home alone - I'm HOT!

By *allDarkFoxForYouMan  over a year ago

Winchester/London

"I'm 51 this year. I never think that way. They're interested or not and there's only one way to find out. "

"

Phew! That's why I always ended up going home alone - I'm HOT! "

Sizzling

I sometimes do see profiles that make me go 'Wow!', and will typically message them so long as I'm not blocked by the single male filter - however, with the days, then weeks typically rolling by with my message remaining yellow and unread, with no sign of them viewing my profile either, I've no idea whether or not they'd have felt the same attraction toward me.

Never ever think like that ... if I like I like , lol up to them if thay like me or not.

i have had messages from what i would call good looking men who i can imagine have very attractive wives, and much younger good looking men too.

at first i wasnt sure about meeting them because they were so good looking but they were keen so i did and i got on with them ok.

i dont worry about it now, its nice to be good looking but looks arent the be all and end all.

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

When I see a woman whom I think is attractive and then look at her profile more closely, I'm invariably struck by its outpouring of rudeness and arrogance - or impenetrable pigeon text speak or passages of patronizing block capitols terminated by exclamation marks. So I move on because any message I send her will probably be met with the same tone, or deletion.

When I do eventually chance upon an attractive profile that is actually readable and then go to all the effort of saying hello and introducing myself in a manner that suits how she presents herself, again, my message is usually deleted without even being opened and read.

I'm still waiting to be proved wrong and that I'm in anyone's league at all. I don't suppose I'm the only one in this boat - and it's little wonder that guys become hesitant to make contact. The end result is that I'm beginning to feel as though it's not really worth messaging anyone here any more, attractive or not - which is a pity.

Yes. But thankfully I plucked up the courage to contact her. We have now been together for 2 1/2 years!

I never used to try to even talk to beautiful women, I'm not totally ugly but know I'm no model either.

Luckily for me, recently, I've been lucky enough to meet some absolutely gorgeous women on here, some socially, and some for more. So sometimes its worth "punching above your weight".

No just think im out of their league

On a night out I'm always being told I'm punching above my weight by my friends. I'm no model, but my confidence usually gets me a phone number or a "over night stay"

i find it harder on fab to get a conversation going then real life because once the message is deleted you cant really send another without looking like a stalker

"Yes. But thankfully I plucked up the courage to contact her. We have now been together for 2 1/2 years! "
That's very sweet xxxxx sounds like you really like each other too x

"Never ever think like that ... if I like I like , lol up to them if thay like me or not. "

That's very confident, good for you!

I'm afraid I do look at profiles and think nah, they aren't for us lol. Usually couples in their early 20's. I find it very hard to understand why we would be interesting to them, so we politely decline.

Yes Ive also had some great looking guys, and thought youd never look twice at me on the street. Its a burden I bear though to make them happy.

By *andWCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd

I look at plenty of profiles and think they wouldn't be interested because they look too hot, Mr B on the other hand does not think like this, and thinks I shouldn't because unless we speak to them we would never know.

So luckily we have had some greats meets and made some good friends that left to me we wouldn't have had x

By *imjohnCouple  over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

Yes...

By *MOOTH AND ROUGHCouple  over a year ago

tamworth

Happens to us all the time xx

By *punkloverCouple  over a year ago

hatfield

Nick constantly tells me i rung the bell when i got him ! lol

Nope, If someone catches my eye then I'll message. If they don't reply then I take that as they ain't interested. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!!!

I always punch above my height. It's a constant surprise when men of 6'4" and above contact me on here.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I punched above my weight with jay, not with looks but way he is

Yep ! Every bloomin' profile, sadly !

I (Marc) am more than happy to admit that I'm punching waaay above my weight and loving every minute of it!!!!

By *eeriseWoman  over a year ago

Manchester and that's all you need to know

No never

We used to meet a single guy on here who was gorgeous. Tall, good looking and a lot younger than us, but he had no self confindence at all. That was the only thing lacking or he could have had his pick of anyone I'm sure. When he first contacted us I never thought he'd meet us but we went on to have several great meets with him. He's not on here now, so hopefully he's met a "special someone" to share his life with.

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

I spent my entire "yoof" doing exactly this. Actually, most of my adult life. I still do it and cant help it, although I do find being online makes it much easier. Face to face rejection is never nice, but somehow the disconnection of an internet connection makes it much easier to take.

*Him*

Had lots of lovely men message me that are definitely way out of my league,to save disappointed (mine) I just don't reply..much simpler that way

No one is ' better ' than anyone else and no one should think they are punching above their weight etc etc

It make sense now. This is why i hardly get any messages lol

"It make sense now. This is why i hardly get any messages lol"

Well I can vouch differently

I never message first for this reason plus sometimes when I get a message I think are they just taking the micky

By *igSuki81Man  over a year ago

Retirement Village

Have you ever looked at a profile and just passed it by, for the only reason that you think you'd be punching above your weight...?

I never message first for this reason plus sometimes when I get a message I think are they just taking the micky "

Seeing you profile that is definately not the case

"It make sense now. This is why i hardly get any messages lol

Well I can vouch differently "

Lol you certainly can again some time

» Add a new message to this topic