FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > EDL and the USDL

EDL and the USDL

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've just been on facebook and a friend of mine has liked a picture from the USDL (United states defense league)

It's a picture of Tommy Robinson (The leader of the EDL) The quote says

"9/11 was our fault, 7/7 was our fault, there's been 17000 terrorist attacks since September 11th, I guess they're are fault, I guess the last 1,4000 years of history, where Islam's been at war with non-Islam, is our fault. It's ridiculous . We're not the cause. The root cause of the problem is the Koran, it's Islam"

There's hundreds of comments agreeing with him on the subject as well. What are other peoples views on the EDL and USDL. Personally, I think their a bunch of lunatics and there hatred of other races is no different to other races hatred towards them

and also, 17000 terrorist attacks since 9/11? That's about 3-4 terrorist attacks a day since then

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

EDL are like Fascists, but less intelligent.

Its almost sad.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

in some ways I kind of agree with them

"in some ways I kind of agree with them"

You can't deny there is a problem with terrorists. But these clowns have been setting fire to mosques, holding rallys which have turned violent, even fought with the police the day Lee Rigby was killed. Any further then they'll be terrorists themselves

We fully support the EDL!

Anything or anyone that promotes mob mentality, influences by illogical facts and fear is a step backwards in humanity's goal of progressing forward.

Knowledge dispels fear.

By *kin BohnerMan  over a year ago

derby

The EDL are doing more harm than good, nothing but racist thugs hiding behind the thin veil of an issue that many people are worried about. They exploit every incident perceived or real for their own gain. Just look at their disgusting behaviour at the site of the Lee Rigby murder! The sooner they disappear up their own uneducated backsides the better.

"in some ways I kind of agree with them

You can't deny there is a problem with terrorists. But these clowns have been setting fire to mosques, holding rallys which have turned violent, even fought with the police the day Lee Rigby was killed. Any further then they'll be terrorists themselves"

don't believe everything you hear in the media, in one instance regarding a mosque getting set on fire, 2 muslim men were arrested and charged with it, there's lunatics in every walk of life, not just the edl, there's far more muslim extremists in this country than any other race or religious extremists, the uk government have bent over backwards trying to appease Muslims this is why their is a rise of the far right in the uk and all over Europe as well, some agree with the edl and far right politics and some don't, each to their own.

"We fully support the EDL!"

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Any radical extremist group is only ever as successful as long as it can hoodwink the less intelligent in society who choose to swallow the utterly biased diatribe they preach..

they are intent on dividing folk and as long as the vast majority of all cultures, creeds, colours and beliefs see them for what they are they will remain a tiny misguided minority..

we as people of all colours etc etc have far more in common with each other than these spouters of vile hatred can accept..

that's what frightens them, that despite its faults as a society in this country we are an example of people living together..

with respect and tolerance..

[Removed by poster at 23/07/13 11:08:07]

You will have people who agree openly, or agree behind closed doors. When you have this sort of behavior, you know that the ideals that were fought for in blood, are gone! There are people who disagree too, but I find them in the minority.

I'm not an EDL fan, why? because our political class has failed, and very badly. What now? Well, by vilifying groups that wanted change, and people, all that you are doing is side lining them more and more. You'll end up with these people turning away from democracy and eventually doing something about it, not with the pen but with the sword - so to speak.

When terrible things happen around the World, some times it is because of seriously messed up individuals, either acting alone or apart of a group. But, you always have to ask yourself "cui bono" - who benefited?

Anyway, that's enough from me. I gave up giving a damn. More important things to deal with. If shit hits the fan, i'll be there not hiding my head in the sand.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

EDL are just as bad as terrorist with their warped ideology of what we should be as a race etc... I detest everything they stand for..along with the terrorists. I am not fully British so don't fall within what they believe the superior race should be.

"Any radical extremist group is only ever as successful as long as it can hoodwink the less intelligent in society who choose to swallow the utterly biased diatribe they preach..

they are intent on dividing folk and as long as the vast majority of all cultures, creeds, colours and beliefs see them for what they are they will remain a tiny misguided minority..

we as people of all colours etc etc have far more in common with each other than these spouters of vile hatred can accept..

that's what frightens them, that despite its faults as a society in this country we are an example of people living together..

with respect and tolerance.."

Here here......

derby

"Any radical extremist group is only ever as successful as long as it can hoodwink the less intelligent in society who choose to swallow the utterly biased diatribe they preach..

Very well said I could not agree more

What exactly are they defending ? We have an army, navy, air force and police service to defend our country following proprtionate and necessary.....oh and lawful practices ?

Perhaps they're defending us from johnny foreigners.....those terrible sorts who fought to defend our skies as polish pilots etc, the brave Indian regiments in Burma, and so on.

Get real, the threat is from criminals not a religion or race. Yes there are extremist Muslims but there's a hell of a lot of other horrible sorts from other cross sections.

How about these brave Edl morons go out and tackle and deter crime....or better still get over to middle east and fight it on the frontline. Oh sorry forgot, they don't have true balls...probably don't get meets either.....and breathe.

"EDL are just as bad as terrorist with their warped ideology of what we should be as a race etc... I detest everything they stand for..along with the terrorists. I am not fully British so don't fall within what they believe the superior race should be. "

Sorry. I have to disagree. The EDL are people who are fed up, people with warped minds (as you say) and all sorts of others. This is what happens when you ignore them or try to have people lose their jobs etc etc because their views do not match yours. Who is the fascist then? The very people who attempt to stamp on you because your view of things differ.

"EDL are just as bad as terrorist with their warped ideology of what we should be as a race etc... I detest everything they stand for..along with the terrorists. I am not fully British so don't fall within what they believe the superior race should be. "

the thing with the edl is that they are not all white, British members, there are black's, asians etc within their ranks, there members are predominately white but not all of them are,

derby

" What exactly are they defending ? We have an army, navy, air force and police service to defend our country following proprtionate and necessary.....oh and lawful practices ?

Perhaps they're defending us from johnny foreigners.....those terrible sorts who fought to defend our skies as polish pilots etc, the brave Indian regiments in Burma, and so on.

Get real, the threat is from criminals not a religion or race. Yes there are extremist Muslims but there's a hell of a lot of other horrible sorts from other cross sections.

How about these brave Edl morons go out and tackle and deter crime....or better still get over to middle east and fight it on the frontline. Oh sorry forgot, they don't have true balls...probably don't get meets either.....and breathe. "

"EDL are just as bad as terrorist with their warped ideology of what we should be as a race etc... I detest everything they stand for..along with the terrorists. I am not fully British so don't fall within what they believe the superior race should be.

the thing with the edl is that they are not all white, British members, there are black's, asians etc within their ranks, there members are predominately white but not all of them are, "

When people bring race in to, I tend to find them the hypcorites. I couldn't care less whether it was all White, Black or Purple! It's ironic, because you do have groups specifically for other races but not whites. Anyway, again, couldn't give a damn.

Why does it matter if the EDL were all white? So that they can be accused of racism etc etc? Well, they still are even though they have members from all racial backgrounds amongst their ranks.

Bankers and politicians are the real terrorists. 9/11 affected thousands. Global depression caused by greed is affecting everyone.

Blame the top 1% who have 99% of the worlds resources.

in Lancashire

"EDL are just as bad as terrorist with their warped ideology of what we should be as a race etc... I detest everything they stand for..along with the terrorists. I am not fully British so don't fall within what they believe the superior race should be.

Sorry. I have to disagree. The EDL are people who are fed up, people with warped minds (as you say) and all sorts of others. This is what happens when you ignore them or try to have people lose their jobs etc etc because their views do not match yours. Who is the fascist then? The very people who attempt to stamp on you because your view of things differ."

Lots of people are fed up, the far right has always had a surge historically in tougher economic times..

that we are in hard time for some is not in doubt but I think 'we' are generally becoming less accepting of their propaganda..

maybe that's down to barriers being broken down etc who knows..

not a fan of ignoring them or like was done with the IRA having their voices dubbed etc..

its only be engaging, debating and showing their hard core support up to be what they are will these extremists be isolated by the very support they seek..

wont happen overnight..

"Bankers and politicians are the real terrorists. 9/11 affected thousands. Global depression caused by greed is affecting everyone.

Blame the top 1% who have 99% of the worlds resources."

The world's always been that way. Its what you interpret as being wealth....I have a healthy body, beautiful coastline and freedom.....I don't care about the massive wage packet, my friends look out for me more than money ever will.

Sorry. I have to disagree. The EDL are people who are fed up, people with warped minds (as you say) and all sorts of others. This is what happens when you ignore them or try to have people lose their jobs etc etc because their views do not match yours. Who is the fascist then? The very people who attempt to stamp on you because your view of things differ."

sorry they are not people that are fed up...They are people who spout absolute rubbish. I am sorry but they are just as bad as the people they are spouting their rubbish on. i.e terrorists

the thing with the edl is that they are not all white, British members, there are black's, asians etc within their ranks, there members are predominately white but not all of them are,

When people bring race in to, I tend to find them the hypcorites. I couldn't care less whether it was all White, Black or Purple! It's ironic, because you do have groups specifically for other races but not whites. Anyway, again, couldn't give a damn.

Why does it matter if the EDL were all white? So that they can be accused of racism etc etc? Well, they still are even though they have members from all racial backgrounds amongst their ranks. "

whites within the edl stand shoulder to shoulder with different "races" and they are still racist?? Lol you make me laugh, not all edl members will be racist, there just sick of the way this country treats their citizens and the way they try and appease the muslim extremist,

how about the black police association? They must be racist as no non black members are allowed

muslim council of Britain, only Muslims allowed as members, racist? You try and push through a group for whites only and there would be outrage by this government and them Muslim extremists would be out on the streets protesting/rioting, blame the government for all of this, their policies etc are to blame for the rise of the far right.

the thing with the edl is that they are not all white, British members, there are black's, asians etc within their ranks, there members are predominately white but not all of them are, "

True but I still stand by they spout utter rubbish

Why does it matter if the EDL were all white? So that they can be accused of racism etc etc? Well, they still are even though they have members from all racial backgrounds amongst their ranks.

whites within the edl stand shoulder to shoulder with different "races" and they are still racist?? Lol you make me laugh, not all edl members will be racist, there just sick of the way this country treats their citizens and the way they try and appease the muslim extremist,

how about the black police association? They must be racist as no non black members are allowed

muslim council of Britain, only Muslims allowed as members, racist? You try and push through a group for whites only and there would be outrage by this government and them Muslim extremists would be out on the streets protesting/rioting, blame the government for all of this, their policies etc are to blame for the rise of the far right. "

Its just lynch mob mentality and its distasteful.....have they actually defended anything or just stirred up a mob ?

""9/11 was our fault, 7/7 was our fault, there's been 17000 terrorist attacks since September 11th, I guess they're are fault, I guess the last 1,4000 years of history, where Islam's been at war with non-Islam,

"

It's these kind of made up numbers that are used by extremist groups that number of attacks equates to 3.9 attacks per day.

I am sort of guessing from the misplaced comma that it's 1,400 years not 14,000 which would possibly equate to the Crusades, which were actually started by Pope Urban II in 1095, and lasted about 200 years, the Catholics basically lost that one but that was actually only 917 years ago.

Still why let a few facts get in the way of generating hate and escalating personal agenda's hey... after all politicians do it all the time

EDL are exactly the same as Muslim fundamentalists, miss-using and often completely made up information to pull supporters to their cause, the extremes of both are terrorists trying to control the mass population through intimidation and fear.

"

Lots of people are fed up, the far right has always had a surge historically in tougher economic times..

that we are in hard time for some is not in doubt but I think 'we' are generally becoming less accepting of their propaganda..

not a fan of ignoring them or like was done with the IRA having their voices dubbed etc..

its only be engaging, debating and showing their hard core support up to be what they are will these extremists be isolated by the very support they seek..

wont happen overnight.. "

I agree... but wont happen. You have the IRA in parliament now - don't care what people say, they are. I only found this out a couple of weeks ago, a few Taliban officials walking the halls of our parliament! If you want heard, i think you have to fight for it!

in Lancashire

" blame the government for all of this, their policies etc are to blame for the rise of the far right. "

No government will ever please all of the people all of the time, so it's right to say that some will see some of their policies as a reason to be unhappy..

but ignorance, intolerance and many other factors are also relevant too..

in Lancashire

"

wont happen overnight..

I agree... but wont happen. You have the IRA in parliament now - don't care what people say, they are. I only found this out a couple of weeks ago, a few Taliban officials walking the halls of our parliament! If you want heard, i think you have to fight for it!"

someone once said jaw jaw rather than war war..

that will do for me..

"

muslim council of Britain, only Muslims allowed as members, racist? You try and push through a group for whites only and there would be outrage by this government and them Muslim extremists would be out on the streets protesting/rioting, blame the government for all of this, their policies etc are to blame for the rise of the far right. "

I don't call them racist. You misread, or I didn't put it across properly.

in Lancashire

"

EDL are exactly the same as Muslim fundamentalists, miss-using and often completely made up information to pull supporters to their cause, the extremes of both are terrorists trying to control the mass population through intimidation and fear. "

this

(((GROUP HUG)))

"I've just been on facebook and a friend of mine has liked a picture from the USDL (United states defense league)

It's a picture of Tommy Robinson (The leader of the EDL) The quote says

"9/11 was our fault, 7/7 was our fault, there's been 17000 terrorist attacks since September 11th, I guess they're are fault, I guess the last 1,4000 years of history, where Islam's been at war with non-Islam, is our fault. It's ridiculous . We're not the cause. The root cause of the problem is the Koran, it's Islam"

There's hundreds of comments agreeing with him on the subject as well. What are other peoples views on the EDL and USDL. Personally, I think their a bunch of lunatics and there hatred of other races is no different to other races hatred towards them

and also, 17000 terrorist attacks since 9/11? That's about 3-4 terrorist attacks a day since then"

Did you challenge him for liking it? Or de-friend them?

What was it the Selecter sang about racist friends?

EDL like the BNP and NF before them are scum

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

We had a visit from them a few years ago. I used to live in a big muslim area the muslims listened to the police and kept out of the way. So the edl found it good to start throwing bottles at young asian children as they walked past. Very brave of them.

"

muslim council of Britain, only Muslims allowed as members, racist? You try and push through a group for whites only and there would be outrage by this government and them Muslim extremists would be out on the streets protesting/rioting, blame the government for all of this, their policies etc are to blame for the rise of the far right.

I don't call them racist. You misread, or I didn't put it across properly."

Well the forums are here to represent all view points and I have to respect and listen to them.

The EDL don't represent me or my feelings in any way, and given their small numbers ( thank god) I doubt they represent many others either.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

A back door thread.....

Just read the EDL have had more problems with the police a couple of days ago in Birmingham

There are ways of expressing your voice without fighting the people that are there to make sure trouble doesn't happen

"

EDL are exactly the same as Muslim fundamentalists, miss-using and often completely made up information to pull supporters to their cause, the extremes of both are terrorists trying to control the mass population through intimidation and fear.

this "

Sorry. But, I can't agree.

Islamists are far far more dangerous, yet... Mr Hague and Mr Cameron are supporting them (regardless of what they say, they are). To be brief, Libya's largest Islamist group that spearheaded against Gaddafi and the one in Syria, both groups that have committed unbelievable acts! Both these groups, are what makes up the opposition. Wouldn't be surprised if many of their fighters are responsible for killing our soldiers in Afghanistan.

Anyway... I don't agree.

By * Busty HotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

Are you describing the EDL, Islam or both?

I wish we could speak up and defend our society, history and country without being branded racist.

"I wish we could speak up and defend our society, history and country without being branded racist. "

You can and please do You know within yourself that you are not racist.

"

I don't call them racist. You misread, or I didn't put it across properly.

Well the forums are here to represent all view points and I have to respect and listen to them.

The EDL don't represent me or my feelings in any way, and given their small numbers ( thank god) I doubt they represent many others either. "

the edl, bnp, nf, and all the other right wing groups will never get a foothold in British politics, they will always be around though, same as muslim extremism, it will never go away, peaks and troughs spring to mind, the nf has councillors in the 80/90's, 2000's it was the bnp's turn, nearly 200 councillors i think at 1 time, now only a handful and 1 MEP, next its ukip's turn, slightly watered down version of the bnp, you will never fully eradicate peoples views and beliefs

"A back door thread....."

Unlike you

"Bankers and politicians are the real terrorists. 9/11 affected thousands. Global depression caused by greed is affecting everyone.

Blame the top 1% who have 99% of the worlds resources."

And Starbucks... Bastards

"

the edl, bnp, nf, and all the other right wing groups will never get a foothold in British politics, they will always be around though, same as muslim extremism, it will never go away, peaks and troughs spring to mind, the nf has councillors in the 80/90's, 2000's it was the bnp's turn, nearly 200 councillors i think at 1 time, now only a handful and 1 MEP, next its ukip's turn, slightly watered down version of the bnp, you will never fully eradicate peoples views and beliefs "

You have the SNP too lol that's bound to start something :D

"Just read the EDL have had more problems with the police a couple of days ago in Birmingham

There are ways of expressing your voice without fighting the people that are there to make sure trouble doesn't happen"

Slight tangent, but massive respect to the bar that the EDL gathered in who are giving all profits from Saturday to local community charities.

"I wish we could speak up and defend our society, history and country without being branded racist.

You can and please do You know within yourself that you are not racist."

Unfortunately we would get lumped in with the low-brows associated to the BNP and EDL. It is totally wrong.

in Lancashire

with respect and tolerance..

Are you describing the EDL, Islam or both?"

'any radical extremist group'..

says so at the start..

not sure why you highlight Islam..?

Other belief systems have exponents who have been extremist in their views and misinterpretation of their chosen 'writings/teachings etc' to support their ideology..

that's the nature of propaganda..

Torquay

"A back door thread.....

Unlike you "

?....care to explain?

"I wish we could speak up and defend our society, history and country without being branded racist.

You can and please do You know within yourself that you are not racist.

Unfortunately we would get lumped in with the low-brows associated to the BNP and EDL. It is totally wrong."

It doesn't bother me anymore... smile at them :D doesn't matter. Never given in. As they are the real fascists. Churchill said something about it during his re-election campaign.

"A back door thread.....

Unlike you

?....care to explain?"

Not an insult....I take note of long time posters opinions and approaches....you've a talent for shoot them down quickly skills. Not a sycophantic comment by the way.

Torquay

"A back door thread.....

Unlike you

?....care to explain?

Not an insult....I take note of long time posters opinions and approaches....you've a talent for shoot them down quickly skills. Not a sycophantic comment by the way. "

Ah....got you now

in Lancashire

"

this

Islamists are far far more dangerous, yet... Mr Hague and Mr Cameron are supporting them (regardless of what they say, they are). To be brief, Libya's largest Islamist group that spearheaded against Gaddafi and the one in Syria, both groups that have committed unbelievable acts! Both these groups, are what makes up the opposition. Wouldn't be surprised if many of their fighters are responsible for killing our soldiers in Afghanistan.

Anyway... I don't agree."

many countries had their fingers burnt in supporting some of the iffy factions in Libya..

may be whats holding them back from saying publicly what support they have given in Syria..

CIA got 'stung' by giving the freedom fighters ground to air to test on the Russian's..

we and the other large western Arms manufacturers tend to carry on making the same mistakes..

business I suppose..

By *lackshadow7Man  over a year ago

Toronto

If nothing else, this thread will be good to note down those that spout incredibly stupid shit.

There's a difference between patriotism, nationalism and racism. A lot of people seem to not be able to make that distinction, either deliberately or through upbringing.

in Lancashire

"A back door thread....."

indeed..

You can't deny there is a problem with terrorists. But these clowns have been setting fire to mosques, holding rallys which have turned violent, even fought with the police the day Lee Rigby was killed. Any further then they'll be terrorists themselves

don't believe everything you hear in the media, in one instance regarding a mosque getting set on fire, 2 muslim men were arrested and charged with it, there's lunatics in every walk of life, not just the edl, there's far more muslim extremists in this country than any other race or religious extremists, the uk government have bent over backwards trying to appease Muslims this is why their is a rise of the far right in the uk and all over Europe as well, some agree with the edl and far right politics and some don't, each to their own. "

Actually the rise of the right is always linked to recession and economic hardship Ss the government will always turn the working classes on each other to protect those at the top of the pile.

Obviously people are going to have very different opinions on this matter.

I can only make an opinion on what is put in front of me, and I can honestly say I could never follow these people with the things I've read on the internet, seen on the news or heard from people

"

this

Anyway... I don't agree.

many countries had their fingers burnt in supporting some of the iffy factions in Libya..

may be whats holding them back from saying publicly what support they have given in Syria..

CIA got 'stung' by giving the freedom fighters ground to air to test on the Russian's..

we and the other large western Arms manufacturers tend to carry on making the same mistakes..

business I suppose.."

Yes. Many states have had their fingers burnt but, all the time? No. They do it openly, and because they think that their untouchable. (Tony Blair is one)

Indeed, business. That is what runs our 'elected' governments.

"

Actually the rise of the right is always linked to recession and economic hardship Ss the government will always turn the working classes on each other to protect those at the top of the pile."

don't believe everything you hear in the media, in one instance regarding a mosque getting set on fire, 2 muslim men were arrested and charged with it, there's lunatics in every walk of life, not just the edl, there's far more muslim extremists in this country than any other race or religious extremists, the uk government have bent over backwards trying to appease Muslims this is why their is a rise of the far right in the uk and all over Europe as well, some agree with the edl and far right politics and some don't, each to their own. "

in Lancashire

"

Actually the rise of the right is always linked to recession and economic hardship Ss the government will always turn the working classes on each other to protect those at the top of the pile."

divide and conquer..

"Anyway... I don't agree."

You don't agree with what exactly?

The fact that 3.92 terrorist attacks per day since 2001 is an exaggerated number? or that 1400 years ago is 500 years before the actual crusade's started?

Only two facts given in the OP's thread and both clearly lies with the intent of spreading fear and boosting recruits.

The exact same technique used to recruit ordinary Muslims into the fundamentalist extremist groups.

I don't actually disagree with you on the Western politicians role in causing the problems in the middle east, after all it was the USA that wanted the Shah of Persia removed to open up the country's oil, created Iran oops! so they supported a Mr Hussein in his bloody rise to the top in Iraq, to counter the mess they made next door, then they supported the Taliban in Afghanistan against the Russians.

Western Governments have subjugated the people by fear for generations, anyone noticed how the terrorists were no problem until the Cold War with Russia ended? or is it just the conspiracy theorist in me

Can't blame EDL for using a tried and trusted method of recruiting, but it doesn't make them right...

By *tomComMan  over a year ago

Wellingborough

don't believe everything you hear in the media, in one instance regarding a mosque getting set on fire, 2 muslim men were arrested and charged with it, there's lunatics in every walk of life, not just the edl, there's far more muslim extremists in this country than any other race or religious extremists, the uk government have bent over backwards trying to appease Muslims this is why their is a rise of the far right in the uk and all over Europe as well, some agree with the edl and far right politics and some don't, each to their own.

"

Hmmm interesting, but what about the number of civilians kill in Afghanistan. I am sure that is worth while. I am sure 1 western is worth at lest 10 - 20 Muslims..

Someone who thinks like i do.

"

Actually the rise of the right is always linked to recession and economic hardship Ss the government will always turn the working classes on each other to protect those at the top of the pile.

divide and conquer.."

I think I may have single handedly divided fab with this forum

in Lancashire

"

divide and conquer..

I think I may have single handedly divided fab with this forum "

no don't think so, unless that was your intention..?

Torquay

"

divide and conquer..

That would be a shame, as I'm sure it wasn't your intention....

"I think I may have single handedly divided fab with this forum "

Don't worry about it, it's a debating room, they were just as divided yesterday over royalist v republicans, tomorrow it will be something else

"

You don't agree with what exactly?

"

Sorry, but the EDL or other like groups do not follow a bible/holy book. They also do not have Imam's going all over the place recruiting openly and freely. If they do have camps, I'd be very surprised. However, I hear the extreme Christian groups in the States have camps :D

That's fine if you don't agree with my view about our politicians involvement. Totally fine. However, I'm surprised that Britain has still been doing selling military hardware to Iran and many other Middle Eastern states. Now, I didn't say that we created the mess, because it's been going on for around 1500 years.

It'll be hard to grasp but even Churchill talked about the Islamists. Anyway, you wonder why we had no issue with them? because our flood gates were not as sprung open as they are now for them to get a foot hold. You do know what 'sleepers'? Well, those crazies who attempted Glasgow Airport attack, were sleepers... so was the 7/7 and many other attacks.

Finally, I did say I don't support the EDL.

"I think I may have single handedly divided fab with this forum

Don't worry about it, it's a debating room, they were just as divided yesterday over royalist v republicans, tomorrow it will be something else "

Ahh good, just 12 more hours or so and this will be forgotten about. I can handle that

Wellingborough

"

divide and conquer..

I think I may have single handedly divided fab with this forum

no don't think so, unless that was your intention..?"

Reminds me of 1930s Germany ... Then all the country's problems where blamed on the Jews.

I'll just leave this here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M

I think most people jump on the edl are facsist band wagon like sheep without actually looking into what they are condemning. Tommy comes across well in interviews despite the interviewers doing their very best to make him look bad. As for them being racist ive only ever seen tommy speaking out about radical islam since anyone of any creed or colour can be muslim i fail to see how this can be racist ive seen edl marches and theres almost as many black lads with them as whites along with hindus and even a few moderate muslims.tommy robinsons a fairly good representation of your average british working class person, the longer perfectly reasonable views of decent folk are ignored and maligned the closer serious violence on our street becomes.

"I'll just leave this here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M"

It is funny... but I bet you could do the same with Labour, Conservatives and Liberal Democrats. Because, the amount of times I've heard 'I support them because my family have or because I like Tony Blair etc etc' Why don't you vote based on their policies and actions :D

Yes, the video is very funny.

Wellingborough

"I think most people jump on the edl are facsist band wagon like sheep without actually looking into what they are condemning. Tommy comes across well in interviews despite the interviewers doing their very best to make him look bad. As for them being racist ive only ever seen tommy speaking out about radical islam since anyone of any creed or colour can be muslim i fail to see how this can be racist ive seen edl marches and theres almost as many black lads with them as whites along with hindus and even a few moderate muslims.tommy robinsons a fairly good representation of your average british working class person, the longer perfectly reasonable views of decent folk are ignored and maligned the closer serious violence on our street becomes."

Maybe we should run all the Catholics out of the country again. That was a very British thing to do a few 100 years ago.

"I'll just leave this here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M"

ha ha

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan  over a year ago

Glasgow West

If anybody wants a history lesson, take an EDL "speech", and swap the word Jewish every time they mention Islamic.

Sound familiar? Sound like Germany in the 1920's & 30's? Just like the EDL, the NDSAP were a bunch of barely literate thugs, and because they got away with their behaviour, and courted people with propaganda tales, they got elected, and became the Nazi party we all know and "love".

All that is needed for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.

The EDL are not the "good men" here.

I also see the predictable comparisons to nazis are being made.yet the loony lefties fail to see that radical muslims there so quick to blindly defend would be the first to re-open the death camps and finish what the nazis started given half a chance.

"If anybody wants a history lesson, take an EDL "speech", and swap the word Jewish every time they mention Islamic.

Sound familiar? Sound like Germany in the 1920's & 30's? Just like the EDL, the NDSAP were a bunch of barely literate thugs, and because they got away with their behaviour, and courted people with propaganda tales, they got elected, and became the Nazi party we all know and "love".

The EDL are not the "good men" here."

You could say that but they are not the Nazis. You could also say that about the views of our fathers father etc etc about Communists/Soviet Union...or Churchill and his views on Islamists.

"I also see the predictable comparisons to nazis are being made.yet the loony lefties fail to see that radical muslims there so quick to blindly defend would be the first to re-open the death camps and finish what the nazis started given half a chance."

"I also see the predictable comparisons to nazis are being made.yet the loony lefties fail to see that radical muslims there so quick to blindly defend would be the first to re-open the death camps and finish what the nazis started given half a chance."

"I think most people jump on the edl are facsist band wagon like sheep without actually looking into what they are condemning. Tommy comes across well in interviews despite the interviewers doing their very best to make him look bad. As for them being racist ive only ever seen tommy speaking out about radical islam since anyone of any creed or colour can be muslim i fail to see how this can be racist ive seen edl marches and theres almost as many black lads with them as whites along with hindus and even a few moderate muslims.tommy robinsons a fairly good representation of your average british working class person, the longer perfectly reasonable views of decent folk are ign

ored and maligned the closer serious violence on our street becomes."

Can you name the demos that are multicultural? Because I would love to see some evidence.... And I have enough links to UAF and HPH to know the demographic of almost every demo is white. If the demos and EDL aren't racist then why are Nazi salutes spotted

at every demo? Why have so many prominent members got convictions for hate crimes. Why will a visit to any EDL page on Facebook find countless racist posts directed at far more than just Muslims?

Wellingborough

"If anybody wants a history lesson, take an EDL "speech", and swap the word Jewish every time they mention Islamic.

I agree, we as a people have to blame all our problems on other group of people, be they Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Witches whatever. We are not able to stand up and go opps that must of been our fault.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"

divide and conquer..

No you haven't. Those that have a view, however odd it might be, and want to share have.

Now, if it had been about BBW EDL and Islamic people that would have divided the forum and caused real contention.

***DISCLAIMER*** I am not inciting a forum discussion on BBW.

Those that know my posts know my views on this. I'm too hot to repeat them.

"

divide and conquer..

Might not be a bad thing it does clarify who I'm less likely to get on with.

The convicted criminal that is in charge of the EDL (tommy or whatever name he's using this week) is the same as any radical. He's identified a group people can blame for their problems and then made them into a potentially cataclysmic event which will affect every right minded thinking person. Like all radicals he mixes a bit of logic with some facts and then adds a healthy dose of hatred and rhetoric and bob's your uncle we have an EDL.

Has anyone defended radical islam? I must have missed those posts. The vilification of a whole religion based on the actions of a few extremists is as stupid as verifying all Lutonians for tommy Robinson.

in Lancashire

"I think most people jump on the edl are facsist band wagon like sheep without actually looking into what they are condemning. Tommy comes across well in interviews despite the interviewers doing their very best to make him look bad. As for them being racist ive only ever seen tommy speaking out about radical islam since anyone of any creed or colour can be muslim i fail to see how this can be racist ive seen edl marches and theres almost as many black lads with them as whites along with hindus and even a few moderate muslims.tommy robinsons a fairly good representation of your average british working class person, the longer perfectly reasonable views of decent folk are ignored and maligned the closer serious violence on our street becomes."

pick on any belief system or cultural group and you can highlight things within them that you don't agree with..

chuck in some good old fashioned fear and propaganda, sell it to a bunch of disaffected people angry cos their life could be better and you have a problem..

your views are pretty much at odds tbh of what is publicly out there on the media of who the majority of EDL supporters appear to be..

its not some sort of multi cultural protest group, its the new nf / bnp and hopefully it will go the same way..

if he is as you say representative of British working class people, why not form a political party and stand for election..?

and 'reasonable' decent folk don't turn to violence on the streets, that's what thugs do..

It's nice to find someone who thinks as I do.

Wellingborough

"I think most people jump on the edl are facsist band wagon like sheep without actually looking into what they are condemning. Tommy comes across well in interviews despite the interviewers doing their very best to make him look bad. As for them being racist ive only ever seen tommy speaking out about radical islam since anyone of any creed or colour can be muslim i fail to see how this can be racist ive seen edl marches and theres almost as many black lads with them as whites along with hindus and even a few moderate muslims.tommy robinsons a fairly good representation of your average british working class person, the longer perfectly reasonable views of decent folk are ignored and maligned the closer serious violence on our street becomes.

pick on any belief system or cultural group and you can highlight things within them that you don't agree with..

chuck in some good old fashioned fear and propaganda, sell it to a bunch of disaffected people angry cos their life could be better and you have a problem..

your views are pretty much at odds tbh of what is publicly out there on the media of who the majority of EDL supporters appear to be..

its not some sort of multi cultural protest group, its the new nf / bnp and hopefully it will go the same way..

if he is as you say representative of British working class people, why not form a political party and stand for election..?

and 'reasonable' decent folk don't turn to violence on the streets, that's what thugs do..

"

I blame it all on witches!!! Lets go out there and find those witches, burned them all!!

Toronto

I can't even begin to describe how monumentally moronic this comment is.

Only radicals support radical beliefs, across all religions, races and creed.

You either believe all people who support the right of muslims to exist, to support radical muslims, or you believe all muslims are by association, radical.

Either way, you have a very poisonous view of the world.

"I think most people jump on the edl are facsist band wagon like sheep without actually looking into what they are condemning. Tommy comes across well in interviews despite the interviewers doing their very best to make him look bad. As for them being racist ive only ever seen tommy speaking out about radical islam since anyone of any creed or colour can be muslim i fail to see how this can be racist ive seen edl marches and theres almost as many black lads with them as whites along with hindus and even a few moderate muslims.tommy robinsons a fairly good representation of your average british working class person, the longer perfectly reasonable views of decent folk are ign

ored and maligned the closer serious violence on our street becomes.

Can you name the demos that are multicultural? Because I would love to see some evidence.... And I have enough links to UAF and HPH to know the demographic of almost every demo is white. If the demos and EDL aren't racist then why are Nazi salutes spotted

at every demo? Why have so many prominent members got convictions for hate crimes. Why will a visit to any EDL page on Facebook find countless racist posts directed at far more than just Muslims?

"

And good ole Tommy covered his face for so long until he felt there was enough discontent to go public?

"

I agree, we as a people have to blame all our problems on other group of people, be they Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Witches whatever. We are not able to stand up and go opps that must of been our fault."

You could blame 7/7 or 9/11 on our governments, or you could blame it on the individuals that carried it out, or you could think to yourself 'were those individuals acting a lone', or you could blame the very fact that those people are influence by a holy book that has not been modernised and the very Muslims that attempt to modernise it, end up executed, murdered or fleeing to countries in the West. Sorry... but you can believe that those Muslims are in a minority all you want but those Islamists, that give a lot of peaceful Muslims a bad name are in the majority! Yes, yes... I know, people will say otherwise, but where are your Muslim countries that are beacon's of democracy now? Egypt has went tits up, Tunisia and Turkey. Very very hard topic to speak about without offending people.

"

The answes to the questions you ask are based on single events proving the norm. One black person on a rally becomes a rally supported by ethnic minorities. Except of course when done the other way around. The racists in the EDL are the minority. Information is manipulated to prove the point and any information that doesn't prove it is identified as being a "one

Off " or "media manipulation"

"

that will be the government funded UAF your talking about then? I think you'll find if you look deep enough into their members list you'll find numerous criminal convictions on their part, same as the tories, labour, ukip, lib dems etc etc, the same UAF which actively involve themselves in fights against the far right groups, where numerous members of the UAF are arrested and charged at these counter demos, you don't hear much mention of this in the tabloids because all the government and tabloids want people to hear is the arrests on the side of the edl, not their funded thugs of the UAF,

"I also see the predictable comparisons to nazis are being made.yet the loony lefties fail to see that radical muslims there so quick to blindly defend would be the first to re-open the death camps and finish what the nazis started given half a chance.

Has anyone defended radical islam? I must have missed those posts. The vilification of a whole religion based on the actions of a few extremists is as stupid as verifying all Lutonians for tommy Robinson."

"on the actions of a few extremeists"

That annoys me. Why? because they are not a few, there are millions of them if you wanted to compare it to the overall Muslim population. A survey was carried out a few years back, asking Muslims in countries like Egypt, Syria, Palestine etc etc whether they supported the Taliban and Al-Queda and such groups and that survey found that as much as 80% supported them, the average was around 60+% pretty high.

Wellingborough

"

I agree, we as a people have to blame all our problems on other group of people, be they Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Witches whatever. We are not able to stand up and go opps that must of been our fault.

You could blame 7/7 or 9/11 on our governments, or you could blame it on the individuals that carried it out, or you could think to yourself 'were those individuals acting a lone', or you could blame the very fact that those people are influence by a holy book that has not been modernised and the very Muslims that attempt to modernise it, end up executed, murdered or fleeing to countries in the West. Sorry... but you can believe that those Muslims are in a minority all you want but those Islamists, that give a lot of peaceful Muslims a bad name are in the majority! Yes, yes... I know, people will say otherwise, but where are your Muslim countries that are beacon's of democracy now? Egypt has went tits up, Tunisia and Turkey. Very very hard topic to speak about without offending people."

But you should be happy, the west have gone to places like afgianstain and killed 10000s of them.

Maybe we need to start using the trains more, pack the lot of them up in them and take them to camps. Why take the risk? This could be a good solution, this could be the final solution.

"

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4-DG0oUqeU0

There you go ill bet you wont see tjis video on any mainstream media site. Mind if the honest and politically neutral bbc dont report it, it mustnt be true

in Lancashire

"I also see the predictable comparisons to nazis are being made.yet the loony lefties fail to see that radical muslims there so quick to blindly defend would be the first to re-open the death camps and finish what the nazis started given half a chance.

"

Nope, totally wrong..

many have commented that all extremism is wrong, whatever its 'origin' or whatever it hides its true face behind..

you don't have to be 'loony left', centre or anything to see that spouting propaganda and marching with the sole reason of provoking a reaction is not the way forward for any group..

therein lies anarchy..

maybe some extremists would like to go as far as you suggest, others in society see different vile practises as acceptable also..

none are right and any decent folk see them for what they are..

"I blame it all on witches!!! Lets go out there and find those witches, burned them all!!"

That's just so 17th century, lets microwave them.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

I'm just wondering why it's muslims that seem to be the focus of the edl hatred when it's white catholics and prodestants that are responsible for the vast majority of terrorist attacks carried out on british soil or am i missing something here ?

that will be the government funded UAF your talking about then? I think you'll find if you look deep enough into their members list you'll find numerous criminal convictions on their part, same as the tories, labour, ukip, lib dems etc etc, the same UAF which actively involve themselves in fights against the far right groups, where numerous members of the UAF are arrested and charged at these counter demos, you don't hear much mention of this in the tabloids because all the government and tabloids want people to hear is the arrests on the side of the edl, not their funded thugs of the UAF,

"

Government funded? Evidence for that Would be? Or is this another conspiracy against the hard working working class white man?

in Lancashire

"I think most people jump on the edl are facsist band wagon like sheep without actually looking into what they are condemning. Tommy comes across well in interviews despite the interviewers doing their very best to make him look bad. As for them being racist ive only ever seen tommy speaking out about radical islam since anyone of any creed or colour can be muslim i fail to see how this can be racist ive seen edl marches and theres almost as many black lads with them as whites along with hindus and even a few moderate muslims.tommy robinsons a fairly good representation of your average british working class person, the longer perfectly reasonable views of decent folk are ignored and maligned the closer serious violence on our street becomes.

I blame it all on witches!!! Lets go out there and find those witches, burned them all!!"

except the ones that float..

Wellingborough

Has anyone defended radical islam? I must have missed those posts. The vilification of a whole religion based on the actions of a few extremists is as stupid as verifying all Lutonians for tommy Robinson.

That annoys me. Why? because they are not a few, there are millions of them if you wanted to compare it to the overall Muslim population. A survey was carried out a few years back, asking Muslims in countries like Egypt, Syria, Palestine etc etc whether they supported the Taliban and Al-Queda and such groups and that survey found that as much as 80% supported them, the average was around 60+% pretty high."

So what should we do? Shoot all Muslims on sight just in case. Kill them all before they kill us all ?

Toronto

"I'm just wondering why it's muslims that seem to be the focus of the edl hatred when it's white catholics and prodestants that are responsible for the vast majority of terrorist attacks carried out on british soil or am i missing something here ?"

Nah, the answer is pretty clear

"

You could blame 7/7 or 9/11 on our governments, or you could blame it on the individuals that carried it out, or you could think to yourself 'were those individuals acting a lone', or you could blame the very fact that those people are influence by a holy book that has not been modernised and the very Muslims that attempt to modernise it, end up executed, murdered or fleeing to countries in the West. Sorry... but you can believe that those Muslims are in a minority all you want but those Islamists, that give a lot of peaceful Muslims a bad name are in the majority! Yes, yes... I know, people will say otherwise, but where are your Muslim countries that are beacon's of democracy now? Egypt has went tits up, Tunisia and Turkey. Very very hard topic to speak about without offending people.

But you should be happy, the west have gone to places like afgianstain and killed 10000s of them.

Maybe we need to start using the trains more, pack the lot of them up in them and take them to camps. Why take the risk? This could be a good solution, this could be the final solution."

I am happy... cheery in fact. Love a good debate.

I think I'm missing your point. Yes, yes... our governments have went ahead a did terrible things, not the people of the west. Camps, that was a thing of the past... then again, you have many many refugee camps all over the Middle East, very very sad. As I said, and I'll say again... a lot of peace loving Muslims (People, humans) are suffering because of the problems in the Middle East. Just to add, a solution? It's been going on for 1500 years, as time has went by, the weapons have got more sophisticated and more and more people are suffering as a result.

That annoys me. Why? because they are not a few, there are millions of them if you wanted to compare it to the overall Muslim population. A survey was carried out a few years back, asking Muslims in countries like Egypt, Syria, Palestine etc etc whether they supported the Taliban and Al-Queda and such groups and that survey found that as much as 80% supported them, the average was around 60+% pretty high.

So what should we do? Shoot all Muslims on sight just in case. Kill them all before they kill us all ? "

You said that. Not me. I think you have to re-evaluate yourself.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4-DG0oUqeU0

There you go ill bet you wont see tjis video on any mainstream media site. Mind if the honest and politically neutral bbc dont report it, it mustnt be true "

Not denying the EDL will have none white members, but half of them were just people carrying, or at least, in sight of an english flag. Most of them were probably on there way to support england at a sports event

Wellingborough

"I'm just wondering why it's muslims that seem to be the focus of the edl hatred when it's white catholics and prodestants that are responsible for the vast majority of terrorist attacks carried out on british soil or am i missing something here ?

Nah, the answer is pretty clear "

But we are the Catholics and the Prodestants we are the good side, the Muslims and the such like are on the other. Well that is what the EDL would make you believe. It is good against evil, choose your side now.

The guy in charge of the

EDL is a convicted criminal for football violence correct? Why is he then the voice of the "people" he's a thug and he hides his hatred under the flag of protecting "England". He's a cock and a thug. Dress his language up as you will, but he's an opportunist not a visionary.

in Lancashire

So what should we do? Shoot all Muslims on sight just in case. Kill them all before they kill us all ?

You said that. Not me. I think you have to re-evaluate yourself."

I think there was a touch of irony in the 'shoot all' comment..

"

Sorry i missed the bit where youi named these multicultural demonstrations you referred to?

I think this video on youtube shows the average intelligence levels of the average EDL fuckwit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU

I wad asked to provide evidence of non-whites marching with tbe edl and i did its there on film its undeniable but as usual when lefties are provided with hard evidence they reply with rhetoric and fantasy. Ok you win england were playing in newcastle that day the black lads just wandered through by accident they peobably got battered just as the camera went off.

"I think this video on youtube shows the average intelligence levels of the average EDL fuckwit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU"

At work so can't watch it but I'm assuming you're not a fan

Glasgow West

I blame it all on witches!!! Lets go out there and find those witches, burned them all!!"

There would be no women left on Fab if you did....

Can Someone name me an organisation that doesnt contain idiots?

Fab has its fair share does mean we all are?

Theres plenty radical muslims does this make all muslims radical?

"I think this video on youtube shows the average intelligence levels of the average EDL fuckwit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU

At work so can't watch it but I'm assuming you're not a fan"

Watch it when you get home it's brilliant

"I wad asked to provide evidence of non-whites marching with tbe edl and i did its there on film its undeniable but as usual when lefties are provided with hard evidence they reply with rhetoric and fantasy. Ok you win england were playing in newcastle that day the black lads just wandered through by accident they peobably got battered just as the camera went off."

Excuse me I'm not a "lefty" I'm right of centre fiscally and left of centre socially and I'm telling you as a foreigner that the EDL is chocker with racist twats who disguise themselves as a "rational choice" you've used A video to prove something however I'm sure if we used videos to proved the opposite or indeed showed the racist undertones on Facebook or nazi salutes you'd tell is they're a one off.

I blame it all on witches!!! Lets go out there and find those witches, burned them all!!

There would be no women left on Fab if you did.... "

And don't you think getting a meet is hard enough!

in Lancashire

"

that will be the government funded UAF your talking about then?

"

I assume that you have a link to your 'source' to back that up..??

or was it something you heard at a rally..?

conspiracy theories are just that..

Its good to see that there are in the main balanced individuals on this thread who won't be influenced by mass hysteria, and sensationalist views.

However in the interest of debating, can any supporter of the EDL provide some factual evidence capable of scrutiny as to why they exist and what massive threat we face ? I'm happy to listen, but until then ill happily speak with my Iranian doctor, eat a good bhalti and Oooo maybe nip down the corner shop for some milk.....well risky ! I may put the plates in my body armour for that one !

"

"

It's a great conspiracy is it not?

I think Fab is government funded as well that's why there are so many people I don't agree with

in Lancashire

"I wad asked to provide evidence of non-whites marching with tbe edl and i did its there on film its undeniable but as usual when lefties are provided with hard evidence they reply with rhetoric and fantasy. Ok you win england were playing in newcastle that day the black lads just wandered through by accident they peobably got battered just as the camera went off."

are these 'none whites' also doing the Nazi salute..?

in Lancashire

" Its good to see that there are in the main balanced individuals on this thread who won't be influenced by mass hysteria, and sensationalist views.

However in the interest of debating, can any supporter of the EDL provide some factual evidence capable of scrutiny as to why they exist and what massive threat we face ? I'm happy to listen, but until then ill happily speak with my Iranian doctor, eat a good bhalti and Oooo maybe nip down the corner shop for some milk.....well risky ! I may put the plates in my body armour for that one ! "

does make me wonder if one stood up at one of their 'events' and shouted 'free curry and cold cobra' at such n such..

how many would bail out..?

disclaimer, other 'foreign' alcoholic and none alcoholic beverages may easily be had..

" Its good to see that there are in the main balanced individuals on this thread who won't be influenced by mass hysteria, and sensationalist views.

However in the interest of debating, can any supporter of the EDL provide some factual evidence capable of scrutiny as to why they exist and what massive threat we face ? I'm happy to listen, but until then ill happily speak with my Iranian doctor, eat a good bhalti and Oooo maybe nip down the corner shop for some milk.....well risky ! I may put the plates in my body armour for that one ! "

Would love too but I'm not a fan or supporter of the EDL. I see the Defence Leagues as a means of action rather than words. It concerns me, because it could turn vicious and violent, become a militant arm like the IRA. Then again, that is what happens when you start calling people bigoted, racist, having them losing their jobs etc etc things turn bad.

Glasgow West

Has anyone defended radical islam? I must have missed those posts. The vilification of a whole religion based on the actions of a few extremists is as stupid as vilifying all Lutonians for tommy Robinson."

I for one have not defended radical Islam. I abhor extremism in all its forms, all its creeds, and all its colours.

We are all human, regardless of colour, creed, or politics, we all bleed the same colour, and we are all descended from apes, although some in every group have evolved more than others.

"

Government funded? Evidence for that Would be? Or is this another conspiracy against the hard working working class white man?"

freedom of information act is your friend this time instead of google.

anyone that is a member of the unison union do you realise that some of your union payments are used to pay for banners, placards against the far right groups at elections, rallies etc,

By *sprey6Man  over a year ago

Here!

" What exactly are they defending ? We have an army, navy, air force and police service to defend our country following proprtionate and necessary.....oh and lawful practices ?

How about these brave Edl morons go out and tackle and deter crime....or better still get over to middle east and fight it on the frontline. Oh sorry forgot, they don't have true balls...probably don't get meets either.....and breathe. "

in Lancashire

However in the interest of debating, can any supporter of the EDL provide some factual evidence capable of scrutiny as to why they exist and what massive threat we face ? I'm happy to listen, but until then ill happily speak with my Iranian doctor, eat a good bhalti and Oooo maybe nip down the corner shop for some milk.....well risky ! I may put the plates in my body armour for that one !

Would love too but I'm not a fan or supporter of the EDL. I see the Defence Leagues as a means of action rather than words. It concerns me, because it could turn vicious and violent, become a militant arm like the IRA. Then again, that is what happens when you start calling people bigoted, racist, having them losing their jobs etc etc things turn bad."

people of all colours etc have lost jobs..

don't see many of the other groups in society wanting a tear up to justify their plight..

By *igSuki81Man  over a year ago

Retirement Village

I haven't read the whole thread but i will do a Nostradamus and predict it getting heated and going wrong

"

"

i take offence that you are associating me with an edl rally, i am merely pointing out that the government funds anti fascist groups, whether you care to believe it or not is up to you,

in Lancashire

"

Government funded? Evidence for that Would be? Or is this another conspiracy against the hard working working class white man?

anyone that is a member of the unison union do you realise that some of your union payments are used to pay for banners, placards against the far right groups at elections, rallies etc, "

That all part of what Trades Unionism is about and rightly so..

using funds to campaign against the vile and divisive fascist hate is a good use of any Political fund..

in Lancashire

"

i take offence that you are associating me with an edl rally, i am merely pointing out that the government funds anti fascist groups, whether you care to believe it or not is up to you, "

I take offence that you can be on here espousing their view point, defending them as you have done so and then take the ump that someone would make the perfectly logical assumption that you are a 'card carrying, paid up member' of them..

if the cap fits..

Would love too but I'm not a fan or supporter of the EDL. I see the Defence Leagues as a means of action rather than words. It concerns me, because it could turn vicious and violent, become a militant arm like the IRA. Then again, that is what happens when you start calling people bigoted, racist, having them losing their jobs etc etc things turn bad."

Well they are racist bigots, call it as it is why don't you... Did most of them have jobs to lose in the first place??? They are mainly disaffected youths looking for someone to blame for their own inadequacies. And how many of them are part of the 10000 watched extremists in this country?

in Lancashire

"I haven't read the whole thread but i will do a Nostradamus and predict it getting heated and going wrong "

they started it..

calling folk 'loony lefties'..

tch tch..

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"If nothing else, this thread will be good to note down those that spout incredibly stupid shit.

There's a difference between patriotism, nationalism and racism. A lot of people seem to not be able to make that distinction, either deliberately or through upbringing."

You noticed too huh?!!

"If nothing else, this thread will be good to note down those that spout incredibly stupid shit.

There's a difference between patriotism, nationalism and racism. A lot of people seem to not be able to make that distinction, either deliberately or through upbringing.

You noticed too huh?!! "

You can't use threads like this to decide who you want to meet, unless they tell you their going to bang you like a edl member bangs a muslim, then its fair to put it off

By *ub bbwWoman  over a year ago

oldbury

May i ask if the EDL are just simply people voicing an opinion of being fed up why do they insist on covering their faces and looking intimidating with balaclavas and face masks that scare children and walk along with baseball bats and weapons. I have been in the city centre with friends who have children and we havent known they were due to march through we had a 4 year old screaming and crying at them as they were scary and then we got locked in a shop as they proceeded to smash windows as they went down the road and were threatening everyday people. Im sorry but i have been caught up in their so called peaceful protests a few times and they are just hooligans and come across as scum. There is a way to protest peacefully and they wont do it. They cause trouble everywhere they go and seem to take great delight in it.

"

i take offence that you are associating me with an edl rally, i am merely pointing out that the government funds anti fascist groups, whether you care to believe it or not is up to you, "

Seeming so many of our grandfathers fought a rather large war against a fascist regime in the 1940's, I for one would not be unhappy that our current (right wing) government is funding anti fascist groups. It would seem to be the sensible thing to do. As you have no proof of it though I will be taking it with a large pinch of salt.

An edl march in Plymouth resulted in takeaways being attacked, cuz dey iz extremists rite dem curry sellers are proper fuckin dangerous innit.... fuckwits and retards the lot of them.

And as for the usdl, they're even scarier as they are legally allowed to buy guns with no mental health checks whatsoever.

[Removed by poster at 23/07/13 13:31:45]

"

people of all colours etc have lost jobs..

don't see many of the other groups in society wanting a tear up to justify their plight.. "

And yes, likely because of their skin etc but I'm not going to get in to that. You said it. People losing their job or becoming victims because of their political views, is wrong. If you are black, white, purple or whatever, it is wrong! Just because I also notice that those with different political views are becoming targets, and I decide to defend them and see through the hype doesn't mean I don't also recognise it when that individual happens to be a different racial group.

Is the EDL the new BNP , dont really follow British politics as thats one of the reasons we left in the first place and does Combat 18 still exhist or only during the football season.

"

i take offence that you are associating me with an edl rally, i am merely pointing out that the government funds anti fascist groups, whether you care to believe it or not is up to you,

I take offence that you can be on here espousing their view point, defending them as you have done so and then take the ump that someone would make the perfectly logical assumption that you are a 'card carrying, paid up member' of them..

if the cap fits.."

"espousing their viewpoint"

everyone is entitled to their viewpoint, i am not a paid up member of the edl and never will be, what i am saying is there's 2 sides to every story, don't go along with the sheep without actually looking into the facts,

i said that the government funds uaf and there are thugs and criminals in every political party, pressure group etc, the uaf aren't blameless when fights break out at edl rallys, see below.

On 19 August 2009, police arrested 19 protesters during a demonstration by UAF against the BNP's Red, White and Blue festival in Codnor, Derbyshire. Four people were charged; three with public order offences and one with unlawfully obstructing the highway.

On 22 October 2009, the UAF demonstration against Nick Griffin's appearance on the BBC's Question Time programme resulted in injuries to three police officers. UAF national officer and (then) SWP National Secretary Martin Smith was found guilty of assaulting one of the police officers at South Western Magistrates' Court, London, on 7 September 2010. He was sentenced to a 12-month community order, with 80 hours' unpaid work, and was fined £450 pending an appeal.

On 20 March 2010 demonstrations from UAF and the English Defence League (EDL) in Bolton led to violent confrontations and the arrest of at least 55 UAF supporters, including the UAF protest organiser Weyman Bennett, on suspicion of conspiracy to commit violent disorder. At least three EDL supporters were also arrested, and two UAF members were taken to hospital with a minor head and a minor ear injury. After Bennett was charged and released, he accused the police of being hostile to anti-racists and called for an inquiry into the police's actions that day. The police, while criticising the EDL for "vitriolic name-calling" blamed people predominantly associated with UAF for provoking violence and said that they "acted with, at times, extreme violence". charges against Weyman Bennett were eventually dropped. In response to this news he was quoted as saying: "This is a victory for anti-fascists and for the right to protest. I’m proud to say that the threat of these charges has not deterred any of us from continuing to stand up against the EDL. I can now continue my work without this serious false allegation hanging over me. It is imperative we continue to protest to protect our multi-racial communities."

On 30 August 2010, violence occurred in Brighton, East Sussex, during a UAF protest against a march organised by a group called the English Nationalist Alliance (ENA). A spokesman for the police, who were attempting to keep 250 protesters and marchers apart, said "Unfortunately a small group from the counter-demonstration [UAF] resisted this and threw missiles at the police." There were fourteen arrests during the violence.

On 2 June 2013, 58 UAF counter-demonstrators were arrested by police under Section 14 of the Public Order Act[35] for failing to move up the street away from a BNP demonstration outside the Houses of Parliament against what the BNP describe as Islamic "hate preachers". The police had earlier banned the BNP from marching from Woolwich Barracks to the Houses of Parliament, fearing violence.

id say religion in general has caused conflict through out history

"

anyone that is a member of the unison union do you realise that some of your union payments are used to pay for banners, placards against the far right groups at elections, rallies etc,

That all part of what Trades Unionism is about and rightly so..

using funds to campaign against the vile and divisive fascist hate is a good use of any Political fund..

"

And how is the government the same as a trade union?

"

if the cap fits.."

Proud to be a Socialist

proud to be a trade unionist

proud to be a supporter of UAF

And proud to be British and living in such an incredibly culturally diverse country.

It speaks volumes that the right are far more reluctant to declare their allegiances.

By *allDarkFoxForYouMan  over a year ago

Winchester/London

First they came for the communists ,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the socialists ,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a socialist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the jews ,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a jew.

Then they came for the catholics ,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a catholic.

Then they came for me ,

and there was no one left to speak for me

By *igSuki81Man  over a year ago

Retirement Village

"I haven't read the whole thread but i will do a Nostradamus and predict it getting heated and going wrong

they started it..

calling folk 'loony lefties'..

tch tch.. "

Damn!! One of my predictions actually came true

I'm off to fill in the Euro Millions Lottery

"

Proud to be a Socialist

And proud to be British and living in such an incredibly culturally diverse country.

It speaks volumes that the right are far more reluctant to declare their allegiances."

good for you

everyone should be proud of their beliefs, some people will agree with you and some wont, i don't agree with the uaf and other organisations like them, i also don't believe in the edl, bnp either but each to their own. My point is there is 2 sides to every story/group etc, the uaf aren't the rosy upstanding citizens people are led to believe, the edl aren't a racist group that people are led to believe either.

"

if the cap fits..

Proud to be a Socialist

It speaks volumes that the right are far more reluctant to declare their allegiances."

I'm not. Its all there to read through this huge thread :D

However, I'll state again... that "incredibly culturally diverse country" will not always be as diverse as you want. What then? Or you'll likely say otherwise, which is fine

Sorry to say that eventually cultures clash, we're not all going to sing and dance together when each of the cultures have different views on things.

THE EDL IS RACIST particularly targeting Muslims. The EDL has staged provocative demonstrations in towns and

cities around the country, attempting to stir up anti-Muslim racism and hatred. They want to divide our communities.

They claim to oppose ‘extremism’ but EDL supporters have been filmed chanting ‘Burn a mosque down’.

A series of arson and other physical attacks on mosques, community centres and the sites of proposed new mosques

have taken place in areas where the EDL is active.

THE EDL IS RIDDLED WITH FASCISTS.

EDL leader

‘Tommy Robinson’ – real name Stephen Yaxley Lennon – is a

former member of the fascist British National Party. Founder EDL member Chris Renton was also in the BNP, as were other leading figures including North East organiser Alan Spence.

Many more former members of the BNP, the Nazi National Front and other fascist organisations are also active in the EDL and its splinter groups.

EDL supporters have frequently been photographed giving Hitler’s ‘sieg heil’ salute.

THE EDL IS VIOLENT.

Its core supporters are members

of football hooligan firms who have joined forces to form a racist street army.

EDL demonstrations have regularly descended into violence.

EDL supporters have rampaged through town centres – such as Stoke-on-Trent and Dudley – attacking Asian and black

people, smashing windows of homes, shops and cars and attacking mosques and, in one case, a Hindu temple.

Two Asian men were beaten up during a recent EDL demo in Dagenham, with one suffering four fractures to his face. In

Luton, Asian residents had their windows smashed and EDL graffiti daubed on their homes hours after an EDL demo.

THE EDL IS A DANGER TO US ALL.

It started by targeting the Muslim community. Now it is increasingly aiming its violence at other traditional targets of fascism, physically attacking trade union demos, antiracist and socialist meetings and anti-cuts protestors as well as black and Asian people.

EDL leader ‘Tommy Robinson’ has issued threats to school and college students protesting over tuition fees.

EDL thugs have even invaded a trade union and community bookshop, News from Nowhere, in Liverpool.

THE EDL LIES

when it claims it has the support of minority

groups such as Hindus, Sikhs, Jewish and LGBT people. Its attempts to recruit from these groups have failed miserably. Jewish, Sikh and Hindu organisations have all spoken out

publicly to condemn the EDL and have refused to be used by the racists and fascists. When EDL supporters tried to whip up Islamophobia under cover of a supposed LGBT ‘pride’ event in east London, local LGBT organisations refused to let the racists hijack the

traditions of pride. The local LGBT groups made clear their opposition to both homophobia and Islamophobia and

forced the cancellation of the EDL-linked event.

THE EDL IS TRYING TO CREATE A STREET MOVEMENT to terrorise ethnic minority communities and attack socialist

and trade union organisations.

They want to create hatred and division.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

EDL knbuckle draggers at a "protest" in Oldham re Lee Rigby holding up a plackard which read "EDL sporting are troops " nuff said realy

"Proud to be a Socialist

If your referring to me it would be because i have no allegiences other than to my own beliefs thats were i believe we differ, you will blindly follow the groups your alligned with yet i can form my opinions on what i witness with my own eyes.as the son of a miner i can state through my own experiences that socialist unionists are not the beacon of freedom and equality youd have us believe just another set of muppets willing to put the great and good of this country to the sword to further their own means. as for the uaf violent thugs labelling anyone who sees the world different to themselves as neanderthol racists are no better than the idiots doing nazi salutes. And again the liberals now who are all so quick to label people nazis well there contemperies in the 40s wernt much help in ridding the world of hitler and his cronies as they refused to fight, cherie blairs father being one of them.

Also remind me what the political party of the nazis was...ah that was it the national SOCIALIST party

[Removed by poster at 23/07/13 14:21:06]

"

anyone that is a member of the unison union do you realise that some of your union payments are used to pay for banners, placards against the far right groups at elections, rallies etc, "

I'm sorry the actual government is funding them or MP's are individallu funding them? Because that's a bit like saying the BNP are funded by the European Union

in Lancashire

"

if the cap fits..

Proud to be a Socialist

ditto..

pretty happy for some of my Union subs to be used to highlight the vile agenda of the edl..

"

Also remind me what the political party of the nazis was...ah that was it the national SOCIALIST party"

In name only, even they weren't stupid enough to call themselves the national fascist party.

The national part is a bit of a clue there though as they were nationalists, which is half way to fascism.

Even ukip worries me a little as a nationalist party. Isolational, Japan has already warned us that their industry in this country will be off if we leave the EU. Whats the point of say Nissan sticking around in Sunderland if it becomes expensive to export to the rest of europe. They may as well export to Europe from Japan rather than the UK We will lose many jobs if this happens.

"THE EDL IS RACIST particularly targeting Muslims."

Again islam is a religion you cant be racist to a religion if you have to label it as something as i know you people love a good label its sectarianism. But dont let something paltry like not having a clue what your talking about stop you charging in with your size twelves.

"

I'm sorry the actual government is funding them or MP's are individallu funding them? Because that's a bit like saying the BNP are funded by the European Union"

both, the uaf are government funded as well as MPs funding them too,

freedom of information act will tell you this, there's an mp list online of active members of the thuggish UAF,

"EDL knbuckle draggers at a "protest" in Oldham re Lee Rigby holding up a plackard which read "EDL sporting are troops " nuff said realy "

Whats a knbuckle then shakespeare? If your gonna pull somebody up for a spelling mistake you better double check your posts lol

in Lancashire

"

everyone is entitled to their viewpoint, i am not a paid up member of the edl and never will be, what i am saying is there's 2 sides to every story, don't go along with the sheep without actually looking into the facts,

"

absolutely agree, its what millions of folk of all colours, creeds and religions fought for which enables us to have that right...

your trying to rebrand yourself as Mr Objective is not borne out by any of your contributions thus far tbh..

pretty much aware of the facts also..

sheep, pmsl..

the irony..

Wellingborough

"EDL knbuckle draggers at a "protest" in Oldham re Lee Rigby holding up a plackard which read "EDL sporting are troops " nuff said realy

Whats a knbuckle then shakespeare? If your gonna pull somebody up for a spelling mistake you better double check your posts lol"

I think you will find it should be 'Shakespeare'. hehe

"

ditto..

pretty happy for some of my Union subs to be used to highlight the vile agenda of the edl.."

and your union subs to be used by the thugs of the UAF, unison etc, as long as your happy that's the main thing

in Lancashire

"

I'm sorry the actual government is funding them or MP's are individallu funding them? Because that's a bit like saying the BNP are funded by the European Union

both, the uaf are government funded as well as MPs funding them too,

freedom of information act will tell you this, there's an mp list online of active members of the thuggish UAF, "

so its not an actual Government policy to fund the uaf then..?

its elected MP's choosing to donate to whom they wish..

which is cool and democratic as long as the said recipients are not an illegal or unlawful group..

that's err..

part of a free and democratic society..

are there any thuggish edl do you know..?

"THE EDL IS RACIST particularly targeting Muslims.

Again islam is a religion you cant be racist to a religion if you have to label it as something as i know you people love a good label its sectarianism. But dont let something paltry like not having a clue what your talking about stop you charging in with your size twelves."

But they attack people based on skin colour even though they say it's Muslims, the dumb fucks end up attacking Hindu's and Sikh's too, thus basing there attacks on race as much as religion...

Racial and religious hatred are similar call it what you may.

in Lancashire

"

ditto..

pretty happy for some of my Union subs to be used to highlight the vile agenda of the edl..

and your union subs to be used by the thugs of the UAF, unison etc, as long as your happy that's the main thing"

what all the uaf are thugs..?

is that a fact or can it be found on google..

and Unison members are thugs also, all those care workers and NHS staff too...?

amazing what one learns..

" there's far more muslim extremists in this country than any other race or religious extremists, "

..and you know this how?

"

absolutely agree, its what millions of folk of all colours, creeds and religions fought for which enables us to have that right...

your trying to rebrand yourself as Mr Objective is not borne out by any of your contributions thus far tbh..

sheep, pmsl..

the irony.. "

I'm trying to rebrand myself as mr objective? Nah, don't think so, anyone it seems that doesn't agree with you or the left wing brigade are racist, thugs, edl lovers, ive said there's bad on both sides including the uaf but it seems your too narrow minded to take any notice of that fact so just for you i am not a member of a far right party, edl or their ilk just as i am not a member of the uaf or their ilk. Two different groups from either side have 2 different viewpoints, it seems you cant accept that

"

ditto..

and your union subs to be used by the thugs of the UAF, unison etc, as long as your happy that's the main thing

what all the uaf are thugs..?

is that a fact or can it be found on google..

and Unison members are thugs also, all those care workers and NHS staff too...?

amazing what one learns.."

totally taken out of context, as usual. Unison is plastered all over anti bnp, anti edl placards at rallys, that doesn't mean that all unison members are thugs, just as it doesn't make all edl members racists or thugs either, bad people in all walks of life and groups

in Lancashire

"

sheep, pmsl..

the irony..

I'm trying to rebrand myself as mr objective? Nah, don't think so, anyone it seems that doesn't agree with you or the left wing brigade are racist, thugs, edl lovers, ive said there's bad on both sides including the uaf but it seems your too narrow minded to take any notice of that fact so just for you i am not a member of a far right party, edl or their ilk just as i am not a member of the uaf or their ilk. Two different groups from either side have 2 different viewpoints, it seems you cant accept that"

have a look what I said at the start of the thread..

debate dear boy debate, its how we express ourselves..

not by Nazi salutes and smashing people and property..

how does the fact that I believe all extremism to be wrong make me narrow minded..

can you also post a list of edl members and their exploits please..

and on this one yes anyone who is a supporter of the edl, or who thinks they have a credible agenda in our society is either a racist or a fool tbh..

respect their right to follow that course but will not change my view..

as I said if the cap fits fella..

" there's far more muslim extremists in this country than any other race or religious extremists,

..and you know this how?"

The man who used to be in the BNP but now runs the EDL told him...

"THE EDL IS RACIST particularly targeting Muslims.

Again islam is a religion you cant be racist to a religion if you have to label it as something as i know you people love a good label its sectarianism. But dont let something paltry like not having a clue what your talking about stop you charging in with your size twelves.

But they attack people based on skin colour even though they say it's Muslims, the dumb fucks end up attacking Hindu's and Sikh's too, thus basing there attacks on race as much as religion...

Racial and religious hatred are similar call it what you may.

"

And weres your evidence for these attacks? Take a walk down luton high st in full drag and see how even some so called moderate muslims are so understanding of those different from themselves. Its ironic that that you peace and freedom lovers are so rabidly quick to defend what is without doubt the most oppressive popular religion in the world and your also the first to start throwing vitriollic name calling into any debate.

By *tirling DarkCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

There's a difference between patriotism, nationalism and racism. A lot of people seem to not be able to make that distinction, either deliberately or through upbringing."

By *lackMetalMan  over a year ago

Centre

"

You could blame 7/7 or 9/11 on our governments, or you could blame it on the individuals that carried it out, or you could think to yourself 'were those individuals acting a lone', or you could blame the very fact that those people are influence by a holy book that has not been modernised and the very Muslims that attempt to modernise it, end up executed, murdered or fleeing to countries in the West. Sorry... but you can believe that those Muslims are in a minority all you want but those Islamists, that give a lot of peaceful Muslims a bad name are in the majority! Yes, yes... I know, people will say otherwise, but where are your Muslim countries that are beacon's of democracy now? Egypt has went tits up, Tunisia and Turkey. Very very hard topic to speak about without offending people."

Actually, Turkey is a secular country and not run as a Muslim country. Thought I'd put it out there..