FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > nice places to live in wales

nice places to live in wales

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Moving there soon with my partner to be,could anyone reccomend any nice places to live

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wales is a big place

Are you looking at the north, mid or south ?

Travel east to west isn't really a problem, but north to south and vice versa is the big problem

Cardiff is only 200 miles away from men, but takes the best part of four to four and a half hours

Don't expect to average more team 45mph when not on a.d. dual carriageway !

That said we have three national parks, and I live in an area of outstanding natural beauty (aonb)

We have the worlds first complete coastal path, and other long distance trails, some of the best beaches in the world, plus the best rugby team

Was thinking down by pembrokshire,cardigan bay.round that area,already explored most of north Wales and down by Cardiff.north or mid Wales for me,not a fan of south east wales

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

lived in snowdonia lovely place nr betws coed but pack your rain coat u will need it

By *ercedes62Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

"Was thinking down by pembrokshire,cardigan bay.round that area,already explored most of north Wales and down by Cardiff.north or mid Wales for me,not a fan of south east wales"

Been to Pembrokeshire a lot on holidays in the past and its a lovely rural area generally from what i saw.

Then of course you have the towns like Tenby etc so i guess it depends what your looking for.

"Was thinking down by pembrokshire,cardigan bay.round that area,already explored most of north Wales and down by Cardiff.north or mid Wales for me,not a fan of south east wales"
pembrokeshire is

a lovely place, especially on the coast, Tenby and Saunderfoot, Manorbier and others ... But beware of the hordes of tourists in summer

The north coast is more rugged, but still as beautiful.

Carmarthen acts as the regional hub, being at the end of the M4.

Always prefered Wales over England,much more laid back way of life,too much of a rat race here

More of a sheep race in wales though. Lot of competition amongst local men to win the charms of those wooley beauties..... Ewe know it makes sense. And please dont bleat its only a joke lol

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

This is one of the Bible stories most ridiculed by people who consider themselves sophisticated and intellectual. Skeptics say that no whale could swallow a man in the first place, and, even if he did, the man would certainly never survive three days and three nights in his belly, as the Bible claims.

Don't ask Jonah

"More of a sheep race in wales though. Lot of competition amongst local men to win the charms of those wooley beauties..... Ewe know it makes sense. And please dont bleat its only a joke lol"

OI ewe don't be cheeky! Some of us females down 'ere have been known to attract the men away from the sheep!

Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion and the Cardigan Bay area is beautiful! We're quite a distance from the M4 here on the coast so keep that in mind when you look for somewhere. Hope you'll enjoy wherever you decide on and 'Croeso i Gymru' when you get here

"More of a sheep race in wales though. Lot of competition amongst local men to win the charms of those wooley beauties..... Ewe know it makes sense. And please dont bleat its only a joke lol

OI ewe don't be cheeky! Some of us females down 'ere have been known to attract the men away from the sheep! "

Just tell 'em to flock off

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Moving there soon with my partner to be,could anyone reccomend any nice places to live "

This'll be a short list.

Legs I made a list of places to google and new quay looks really nice,pembrokshire upto aberystyth is where im looking,I hope it isn't too difficult to find work though,that's my main concern x

"Was thinking down by pembrokshire,cardigan bay.round that area,already explored most of north Wales and down by Cardiff.north or mid Wales for me,not a fan of south east wales

Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion and the Cardigan Bay area is beautiful! We're quite a distance from the M4 here on the coast so keep that in mind when you look for somewhere. Hope you'll enjoy wherever you decide on and 'Croeso i Gymru' when you get here "

So true Legs!, you should work for the Wales Tourist Board.

Swansea is nice and u got all the gd beaches n nice hotspots down here xx

"Legs I made a list of places to google and new quay looks really nice,pembrokshire upto aberystyth is where im looking,I hope it isn't too difficult to find work though,that's my main concern x"

Aberystwyth for easiest employment I'd say, especially if academic with the uni, national library, and local government & Welsh government.

Do yourself a favour and enrol in a Welsh language night class

A little understanding and trying to use the language goes a long way

Thanks for that fox hat

I wouldn say that as evry1 in wales speaks the English language or there is a rare few that still does, and theres a fair bit of work down this way lately

Cardigan bay, absolutely lush..

I was brought up in cardigan town but left at 16.. Lovely beaches and scenery.. Mwnt beach is my favourite, aberaeron, poppit sands, Tresaith, all stunning

Thanks guys,that's it then we will be looking in cardigan bay area bet the swinging scene is not very active round there though lol

"Thanks guys,that's it then we will be looking in cardigan bay area bet the swinging scene is not very active round there though lol"
come down this way wen u wanna swing il accom n show u the clubs lol

"Thanks guys,that's it then we will be looking in cardigan bay area bet the swinging scene is not very active round there though lol"

Don't be surprised lol

There are three Clubs in wales - chams in newport, fannies in swansea, and pennant hall in the north.

But you do have one if the best nudist beaches at morfa dyffryn.

And there is an active social scene in the south

Have a check out in the wales forum

By *iftygreyshadesMan  over a year ago

Aberaeron

I would second the comment by Legs - its a lovely part of the world but we are 2 hours from Cardiff and 20 miles from the nearest decent supermarket!! But I wouldn't live anywhere else

by the sound of it this is looking like a good decision to move there,just hope we can fit in,being outsiders in a small town will be tough

"by the sound of it this is looking like a good decision to move there,just hope we can fit in,being outsiders in a small town will be tough"

Don't worry about that! Aber is full of students and they manage to fit in pretty well so you'll be fine lol

Depends on what kind of work you're looking for, but maybe your local Job Center might be able to tell you roughly what's available.

As someone else said earlier, just remember that we're an nearly two hours from Birmingham and Swansea and another 40ish mins from Cardiff but if you're prepared for that then you'll be fine.

Oh and the swinging scene isn't all that bad either

"Cardigan bay, absolutely lush..

I was brought up in cardigan town but left at 16.. Lovely beaches and scenery.. Mwnt beach is my favourite, aberaeron, poppit sands, Tresaith, all stunning"

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

Visited Wales quite a few times (Vince has family up there) and after talking about it, me and Vince have agreed that the only places we could really live (as we're only young) is somewhere like Aberystwyth or Carmarthen.

Love most areas of Wales but the travelling can get tiresome and as born and bred Londoners, we'd need some sort of civilisation near by.

- Amy. x

Tenby beautiful place and the nicest sea ive ever seen in britain

» Add a new message to this topic