FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > wild fires

wild fires

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

London has had 1000 wildfires this summer already. I know it's hot but is it really that hot?? I suspect some are caused by careless smokers or malicious oiks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

We've had the gritters doing the roads here as tarmac is melting. Far more things are likely to start burning in this heat

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

What you trying to say about smokers lol

By *livia_KWoman  over a year ago

South London

I'm from Australia originally and we are known for having devastating bushfires. Unfortunately the vast majority of them are deliberately lit. Bastards.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oiks?!!!

Have you been hanging around the plebs in uniform ?!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Most will be yes..

it doesn't have to be as hot as it is has been this week, been little rain for about 3 weeks across most of the country..

the grass and scrub had a growing spurt once it turned warm with the added bonus of a high water table..

now the grass is bone dry and ready to go..

everyone should be careful..

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Some of the fires are quite big in London and have proved difficult to put out. Cigarette ends not properly extinguished is one reason but I have heard that some might be caused by the sun being magnified by glass bottles left behind by the litter louts.

evesham

"What you trying to say about smokers lol "

Not all of them. Just a few bad eggs lol I'm not even saying it's deliberate but not everyone makes sure their butts are out properly when they throw them away.

"Some of the fires are quite big in London and have proved difficult to put out. Cigarette ends not properly extinguished is one reason but I have heard that some might be caused by the sun being magnified by glass bottles left behind by the litter louts.

"

yes I was thinking the later, sure we all got a magnifying glass at school and held it to the sun to burn leper

"Some of the fires are quite big in London and have proved difficult to put out. Cigarette ends not properly extinguished is one reason but I have heard that some might be caused by the sun being magnified by glass bottles left behind by the litter louts.

yes I was thinking the later, sure we all got a magnifying glass at school and held it to the sun to burn leper"

You had lepers at your school? Worse, you burnt them!

in Lancashire

"

some will but the percentage is usually quite low as will be bonfire's out of control, careless disposal of smoking materials and mostly deliberate fire setting will be the main causes..

as for litter louts, its not just them who casually chuck their unwanted 'rubbish' away..

yes I was thinking the later, sure we all got a magnifying glass at school and held it to the sun to burn leper

You had lepers at your school? Worse, you burnt them! "

these tablets don't half type some rubbish, I ment paper

some will but the percentage is usually quite low as will be bonfire's out of control, careless disposal of smoking materials and mostly deliberate fire setting will be the main causes..

as for litter louts, its not just them who casually chuck their unwanted 'rubbish' away.."

Who else but litterers casually throws their rubbish away? Perplexed face.

in Lancashire

as for litter louts, its not just them who casually chuck their unwanted 'rubbish' away..

Who else but litterers casually throws their rubbish away? Perplexed face."

fair point..

took it to infer that louts was aimed at one group..

By *andWCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd

Apparently around these parts a lot of the forest fires are lit by farmers that's from the police x

in Lancashire

"Apparently around these parts a lot of the forest fires are lit by farmers that's from the police x"

stubble burning, farmers generally prefer it as its cheaper..

evesham

"Apparently around these parts a lot of the forest fires are lit by farmers that's from the police x"

Have they harvested already then? That's quote early especially given the crap start to the year.

By *andWCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd

I have no idea but during a work related meeting the police said the farmers are starting them x

» Add a new message to this topic