FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > car insurance

car insurance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just renewed. Down to £165 Fully Comp for a 2.0 ltr Jag... definitely benefits for living in butt fuck nowhere and growing old!

How much do you pay?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hynewguy2012Man  over a year ago

dartford

Just renewed mine.

1.6 roadster

7 yrs no claims and I'm. Paying £485 fully comp.

Must be where I live as I've never had insurance below £ 400 .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have no idea , company phones me when due looks up best deal I say yes. That's really bad isn't it , this year I will listen to what they say and not just say yes.

Ours is 260 fully comp on an older shape Astra with 6 years no claims but have paid nearly 2k for insurance a few year ago

By *ohnwpMan  over a year ago

stockenchurch

Can't believe I'm here talking about car insurance!!

But as we are - jeep used for work and quoted 677 by M & S for renewal. Got quotes from Moneysaver supermarket and a quote for 463 for exactly the same insurance!!!!

Pays to start again!

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

I pay £2500 for a motor traders policy with most of my family on it and all the cars.

I've just paid £173 for my skoda Felicia for Third party fire and theft with no frills like windscreen cover and legal cover. I check around every year and have changed every year for some years now. The renewal quote I had this time was for £200 which wasn't bad and I did give them the option of trying to match the lower quote

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

1994 Mustang £199

1994 Volvo £220

1994 Ford Transit £330

I am sure its about the same price as last year given its a Japanese import so harder to find insurance plus I also pay pm which bumps up the amount actually paid, I thought that was okay and saves me looking round again

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

No idea!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

funny enough started the same thread with a whinge about how much i was being asked to pay with tesco bank

1st year as a brand new driver... 1.8l toyota prius.... £1000

tesco bank wanted to put it up to 1250... annoyed, searched nothing cheaper... so just kept it rolling..

3 months later... tesco would have dropped it to 1050 for a new customer, asked why i couldn't have it.... they said i couldn't

admiral quoted me 740 for the same insurance.......

so going to admiral at end of month....

"funny enough started the same thread with a whinge about how much i was being asked to pay with tesco bank

1st year as a brand new driver... 1.8l toyota prius.... £1000

tesco bank wanted to put it up to 1250... annoyed, searched nothing cheaper... so just kept it rolling..

3 months later... tesco would have dropped it to 1050 for a new customer, asked why i couldn't have it.... they said i couldn't

admiral quoted me 740 for the same insurance.......

so going to admiral at end of month...."

Admirable. It pays to shop around.

207 S16 £1700

welcome to been 21

My Golf is brand new 13 plate and that is about £380'ish fully comp.

My Van for my dogs is about £220 Fully comp.

I've got 8 years no claims.

I don't pay anythink, but I no our policy costs 170 k a year lol

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

£1.89 for my reliant robin

It doesn't always pay to go for the cheapest firm , check with who ever you go with because the Instrudsty are getting very sneaky and repairs vehicles using 2nd hand parts and re-con parts off the shelf , it's just a question worth asking the broker !!

Bout to buy my first car when I pass my test looking approx £550. I'm one of those people u prob phone to renew and try get cheaper price x

By *ammyDodgaMan  over a year ago

Nottingham/and everywhere my location says i am ;)

750 squid with 4 years no claims bonus

But it is a 350z, Brum Brum Brum

"I've just paid £173 for my skoda Felicia for Third party fire and theft with no frills like windscreen cover and legal cover. I check around every year and have changed every year for some years now. The renewal quote I had this time was for £200 which wasn't bad and I did give them the option of trying to match the lower quote"

Legal cover is normally around £35 - 50.

If you ever have an accident and it's a disputed liability you WILL need it! Even in TP fault or fault claims you may still need it. Otherwise your left doing everything yourself.

"I've just paid £173 for my skoda Felicia for Third party fire and theft with no frills like windscreen cover and legal cover. I check around every year and have changed every year for some years now. The renewal quote I had this time was for £200 which wasn't bad and I did give them the option of trying to match the lower quote

If you ever have an accident and it's a disputed liability you WILL need it! Even in TP fault or fault claims you may still need it. Otherwise your left doing everything yourself. "

Thanks for pointing this out,this is one of few optional services worthwhile £30 a year but if non fault accident pays ur lawyer etc makes sense

"Just renewed. Down to £165 Fully Comp for a 2.0 ltr Jag... definitely benefits for living in butt fuck nowhere and growing old!

How much do you pay?"

Insurance companies. Licensed bandits.

When I was 20 I was told, never mind son,it will be cheaper when you are 25. At 25 I was told it would be cheaper when I was 30. To be fair, my motor insurance was probably at its best when I was about 40. Then as I got closer to 50, it went up each year at an unreasonable rate. I have more years no claims than most insurers even recognise but each year they still try it on and I end up going elsewhere every year. Fully com is not what it was thirty years ago either. Its just a more expensive version of third party. If you want any kind of cover that is anything like full com once was, it is now extra for legal cover, extra for windscreen, extra for courtesy vehicle, extra to protect your no claims, even when the bloody accident was clearly not your fault. I.e. being shunted whilst waiting at a junction.

If it where an option, I wouldn't even bother insuring.

Rant over.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

£850 but im on a traders policy so its not the car thats insured its me thats insured to drive any thing

Renewal was £890, shopped around and managed to get it for £380.

Always worth checking the comparison websites

"I've just paid £173 for my skoda Felicia for Third party fire and theft with no frills like windscreen cover and legal cover. I check around every year and have changed every year for some years now. The renewal quote I had this time was for £200 which wasn't bad and I did give them the option of trying to match the lower quote

If you ever have an accident and it's a disputed liability you WILL need it! Even in TP fault or fault claims you may still need it. Otherwise your left doing everything yourself.

Thanks for pointing this out,this is one of few optional services worthwhile £30 a year but if non fault accident pays ur lawyer etc makes sense "

I agree it is worth having. I had someone squash me on a roundabout and wouldn't stop even though she had damaged my car. Ended up at court with me and a barrister against her and her mother. I obviously won.

"750 squid with 4 years no claims bonus

But it is a 350z, Brum Brum Brum "

nice car!

£572 for a 2007 Ford Mondeo ST220. Not that bad considering my renewal from tesco was just short if a grand!!!

£225 for my Alfa

"£225 for my Alfa "
and a free meerkat

£750 for my Leon Cupra, not bad considering the engine is heavily modified

8 years no claims £273 for year on a 2lte GTI..VW...

"I am sure its about the same price as last year given its a Japanese import so harder to find insurance plus I also pay pm which bumps up the amount actually paid, I thought that was okay and saves me looking round again "
what import do you have?

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

New Merc Coupe, £470 fully comp and its parked on the street, in a Manchester suburb. The excess isn't ridiculously high either.

I am getting a good deal on mine based on this numbers :D shame about the mpg

All are rip off merchants.

My renewal was £300, phoned and asked if they could do any better.They said they could reduce it by £13 !!!

I told them to forget it, as I had found quotes for £190 to £220 depending on what extras you had. They then said if any were from other companies which they then named. I said yes. They said, "oh we can match that" which was for £215. So why, having told me they could only reduce by £13, they then could reduce by £85 !! Yes i know some have subsidiary companies and that's where the cheaper quote came from. But at the end of the day, they should give you the cheapest quote at the start, not the most expensive. To say the insurance industry is regulated by the FSA is a load of tosh. Another example of rip off Britain.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"....... But at the end of the day, they should give you the cheapest quote at the start, not the most expensive..........."

Like when you're selling your house - you should put a sign in the window saying the lowest price you're prepared to accept??????????????

3.4 litre merc 28 using no ncb £385 fully comp

Ive just renewed both our car insurances, last year we were with Swiftcover.com. The renewal for one car shot up by about £100 so went on price comparison site and found it cheaper..... with swiftcover.com! You couldnt make it up!

"....... But at the end of the day, they should give you the cheapest quote at the start, not the most expensive...........

Like when you're selling your house - you should put a sign in the window saying the lowest price you're prepared to accept??????????????"

Totally different. Houses are valued according to the current market and not subject to the FSA. While I accept that quotes may differ from company to company, to blatantly try and rip you off, is just not on. So would you pay what your insurance company quote you, even if you knew they could do it cheaper ?

By *etanreadyCouple  over a year ago

dover

are you a hgv driver as I got mine for the same price?

"Ive just renewed both our car insurances, last year we were with Swiftcover.com. The renewal for one car shot up by about £100 so went on price comparison site and found it cheaper..... with swiftcover.com! You couldnt make it up!"

Great arse

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"Just renewed. Down to £165 Fully Comp for a 2.0 ltr Jag... definitely benefits for living in butt fuck nowhere and growing old!

How much do you pay?"

Nothing....company car but I syill get to claim the no claims discount for when/if I ever get my own car

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"....... But at the end of the day, they should give you the cheapest quote at the start, not the most expensive...........

Like when you're selling your house - you should put a sign in the window saying the lowest price you're prepared to accept??????????????

Totally different. Houses are valued according to the current market and not subject to the FSA. While I accept that quotes may differ from company to company, to blatantly try and rip you off, is just not on. So would you pay what your insurance company quote you, even if you knew they could do it cheaper ? "

Houses, like insurance, are sold on the basis that the seller (or insurance company) will seek to get as much as possible for it.

In insurance, as with much else, caveat emptor.

» Add a new message to this topic