FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > boating

boating

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else into this?

I currently have 2 boats, which I love to spend my time with. Does anyone else like to spend time on the water?

I'm looking to sail round the med, but looking for advice on places to visit with good docking.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ll-Knight-longMan  over a year ago

Derby/Notts(Long Eaton)

"Anyone else into this?

I currently have 2 boats, which I love to spend my time with. Does anyone else like to spend time on the water?

I'm looking to sail round the med, but looking for advice on places to visit with good docking."

yes only last night my GF and I went for a cruise down the river Trent to a pub for a drink and back it was a really nice "time out" especially after recently having it broken into whilst in the marina

Derby/Notts(Long Eaton)

I also know of two others on this site who are regular boaters one couple who live aboard in Shropshire and one couple on the Norfolk Broads

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I also know of two others on this site who are regular boaters one couple who live aboard in Shropshire and one couple on the Norfolk Broads"
we have the lovely boat on the broads and do go all year around down there for weekends and if we can in week as full living and go all over the rivers .. Fab it really is river side pubs and peace and the wild life . x

We are - but ours is currently in the garden

I would love a little fishing boat n did buy one yrs ago but overwhelmed with the work it needed!! Any chance to go out on one ill take it lol xx

"I would love a little fishing boat n did buy one yrs ago but overwhelmed with the work it needed!! Any chance to go out on one ill take it lol xx"
sea boats are very different you have to pass all sorts .. as sand banks and very dangerous and need all the gear .. Would love a boat in spain or some lovely place .

By *li87Man  over a year ago

Preston

I'm more of a dinghy sailor big boats bore me thou I can sail yachts. Nothing like the fear of death when your sailing a laser of the coast in gail force winds

"I would love a little fishing boat n did buy one yrs ago but overwhelmed with the work it needed!! Any chance to go out on one ill take it lol xxsea boats are very different you have to pass all sorts .. as sand banks and very dangerous and need all the gear .. Would love a boat in spain or some lovely place ."
yh its a nitemare lol but be nice x went norfolk broads when little n loved it, could live on a boat xx

Derby/Notts(Long Eaton)

"We are - but ours is currently in the garden "

Was it that wet last year

One of these days i'll buy a lovely yacht. Look forward to the day :D

Trying to start a business as a Dive Charter but cannot raise capital.

Since doing my RYA Day Skippers badge my interests are now more boats than actually diving

"I would love a little fishing boat n did buy one yrs ago but overwhelmed with the work it needed!! Any chance to go out on one ill take it lol xxsea boats are very different you have to pass all sorts .. as sand banks and very dangerous and need all the gear .. Would love a boat in spain or some lovely place ."

The sandbanks are a pain, but if you have the right navigation system it's not too bad.

I travel to Spain quite a bit, but usually am found between Southampton and the Isle of Man.

Nothing quite like the freedom of the open water.

By *azzaahhWoman  over a year ago

north wales / chester

"Anyone else into this?

I'm looking to sail round the med, but looking for advice on places to visit with good docking. yes only last night my GF and I went for a cruise down the river Trent to a pub for a drink and back it was a really nice "time out" especially after recently having it broken into whilst in the marina "

and very enjoyable it was too

Great weather for it too. I was out today for a short ride. Glorious.

» Add a new message to this topic