FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How to solve teenage crime

How to solve teenage crime

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

I would like to propose my solution to solving all teenage crime and anti social behavior.

Turn the Isle of Man into one massive boarding school.

As soon as kids turn 5, ship them over and when they turn 18, they are allowed back into the rest of the UK.

I'm not heartless, All parents and close relatives will get FREE travel to see them when ever they want to.

Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

crap idea

By *taffsfella1Man  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

A bit harsh on the local residents!

I remember reading a few years ago that some places got rid of teenagers hanging around by playing Des O'Connor records!

By *ucy and CarlCouple  over a year ago

Broadstairs

Lol are you for real x

Obviously needs to occupy his mind......

Bradford

"A bit harsh on the local residents!

"

They will be properly compensated

bit harsh, 5 's a bit little , i woud say 14!

There are some tribal societies that segregate the teens into special camps and others that swap teens....they all seem to work well! x

Not a good idea. It'll put a lot of teachers out of work or force them to relocate.

"I would like to propose my solution to solving all teenage crime and anti social behavior.

As soon as kids turn 5, ship them over and when they turn 18, they are allowed back into the rest of the UK.

I'm not heartless, All parents and close relatives will get FREE travel to see them when ever they want to.

Thoughts?"

Will never work....you are proposing to return them!!!!

By *alopeteyMan  over a year ago

maghull

The idea is good, although it probs wouldn't be a good idea having all the kids in one place like that, possible spread he Schools out Across the uk, and also you would have to bring back propped discipline and control because these days the kids have to much power, my perants and there perants were punished in school and they were better people for it, I was raised the same way and I am also a better person for it

so every child is guilty of bad behaviour until proven innocent? charming..

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

What about adults with less sense than a bright five year old?

Carp idea what about the TT races

Id say only do it with teens that have bad behaviour - asbos, police records etc but not all in one school.. could you imagine the teachers would go mental!!

"so every child is guilty of bad behaviour until proven innocent? charming.."

true wonder if he is a parent with an idea like that i doubt it

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"I would like to propose my solution to solving all teenage crime and anti social behavior.

Thoughts?"

would this include free travel during the iom tt ?

count me in if it does

Bradford

"

true wonder if he is a parent with an idea like that i doubt it"

Yeap I am

Thoughts?"

and this supposed to do what ?

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Thoughts?"

couldn't we just ship them to Halifax where they might fit in better and not ruin the iom

By *atcherofmyballsMan  over a year ago

hereford

"Id say only do it with teens that have bad behaviour - asbos, police records etc but not all in one school.. could you imagine the teachers would go mental!! "

You could always use the Kenny Everett solution

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

The Isle of Man was a concentration camp/penal colony in the book of 'Children of Men', perhaps he subliminally got the idea from that ?

It's a shit idea, mind. Given that the majority of children never get into any trouble !

Thoughts?"

So do you really think populating an entire Island solely with delinquent juvenile adolescents you will create the right sort of environment where they can develop all the life skills needed for reintegration in to mains stream society………

mmmmm good luck with your next plan!

I couldnt solve it but I'm gonna do my bit.

My goal in life is to help underprivileged kids.

I already know my plan.

David cameron had a plan he hugged a hoodie see that plan worked

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Carp idea what about the TT races "

They would soon learn the Green Cross Code on Mad Sunday

"David cameron had a plan he hugged a hoodie see that plan worked "

Ya. I'm not David Cameron.

I live in the real fucking world.

/thump exits thread before this shit gets violently political.

Thoughts?

couldn't we just ship them to Halifax where they might fit in better and not ruin the iom "

Fuck off we don't want them, and we are a small country town they would fit in better and a major city, preferably one already run down,

Thoughts?"

Leave the Isle of Man as it is, why ruin such beauty. Send them to the Isle of wight instead, besides for two weeks of the year there are loads of undesirables on the island for the TT races LoL

"

So do you really think populating an entire Island solely with delinquent juvenile adolescents you will create the right sort of environment where they can develop all the life skills needed for reintegration in to mains stream society………

mmmmm good luck with your next plan! "

I dunno,Australia didn't turn out too badly did it?

Better idea still, stick em all on the Isle of Wight INCLUDING their parents, plenty of room.

Why stop at Britains kids. there's room for everyone, so they say.

Fuck that, they can't even get people to the festival on time.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"

"

Strewth Bruce, you mean we should train them all to become barstaff

Perhaps we should also invoke a form of 'Battle Royal' while they are all incarcerated?

Actually, OP, I think its a bad idea. Because I think one of the most important things to solving teenage crime is that parents should be invested, involved and altogether far more of a positive influence in their children's upbringing. So shipping them off to 'Monster Island'* is the worst possible idea.

--

*There is no Monster Island, its actually more of a peninsula.

"

"

haha,,,,, excellent point lol

Thoughts?"

Have you never read Lord of the Flies?

"

Strewth Bruce, you mean we should train them all to become barstaff "

Wot you mean they've actually been trained to pour beer like that....OMG....... who would have thought it.... sheeeesh,,,

Thoughts?

Have you never read Lord of the Flies?"

Indeed! Have you seen 'Battle Royal'?

"Indeed! Have you seen 'Battle Royal'? "

Now that shit is how you solve youth crime.

"I would like to propose my solution to solving all teenage crime and anti social behavior. Turn the Isle of Man into one massive boarding school. As soon as kids turn 5, ship them over and when they turn 18, they are allowed back into the rest of the UK."

Actually, they do something similar in Israeli kibbutzim. I worked in one once, and the kids are more or less prevented from most contact with the parents while they're taking their schooling, though they're with them at weekends. I'm not sure whether this is a good thing or not. It leads to the kids becoming quite self-reliant, confident even arrogant, well-read with a number of languages, and skill with an uzi. But what have you got against the Isle of Man?

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I lived in Germany for 4 yrs. over there at the time anyway, if a kid under 14 commits a crime, their parents or legal guardians are held liable and face adult sentencing. Crime by youths there is far less than here and far less serious. Just a thought

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Thoughts?

couldn't we just ship them to Halifax where they might fit in better and not ruin the iom "

Hey!

Halifax could be a good idea really.

If they were forced to listen for 10 mins to the local "call to service", or similar, they'd soon wanna be home and repent.

Thoughts?"

If they are teenagers. They are old enough to know right from wrong. Therefore if what they do is that bad send them abroad for national service. No contact is allowed between family or friends unless in exceptional circumstances. They should have no luxury like tv/mobiles or even visiting rights. Maybe put them in an all men regime and have no bars or alcohol. That will drive the convicts nuts and because of all the back up the government has. They can give the genuine workers in the services more time off with better pay. They judge the length of time they do this bh going by the size of the crime. Who got hurt physically, emotionally, etc.

However I believe murders and rapists should spend the rest of their days in prison with the worst living conditions possible.

How would u fit all the kids on the island? Plus teachers accomodation and accomodation for parents..

What if all the parents wanted to visit at once?

"I lived in Germany for 4 yrs. over there at the time anyway, if a kid under 14 commits a crime, their parents or legal guardians are held liable and face adult sentencing. Crime by youths there is far less than here and far less serious. Just a thought"

That would only work if "hitting" your child was allowed. Otherwise the child would know he would never get punished in any shape or form and a perfectly decent person who has never broke a crime will go to prison for it. Sorry, but I disagree with that

By *ea and SugarCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Not read the whole thread but the best thing to do is spend time with your kids, love them unconditionally, teach them right from wrong, and support them in everything they do.

If all parents did this, it wouldn't solve all the issues in the country but it would be a damn sight better than it is these days!!

"How would u fit all the kids on the island? Plus teachers accomodation and accomodation for parents..

What if all the parents wanted to visit at once?"

a) have you seen the size of it

b) the ferries would sink.

The idea gets better by the hour.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Mine weren't angels and did all the usual teenage stuff but they were not bad kids either. Not all children become bad teenagers and a lot (not everything) depends on how they are being parented. In my experience, apart from parental nurturing children need clear boundaries and good role models.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Not read the whole thread but the best thing to do is spend time with your kids, love them unconditionally, teach them right from wrong, and support them in everything they do.

If all parents did this, it wouldn't solve all the issues in the country but it would be a damn sight better than it is these days!!"

You beat me to it!

Thoughts?

Have you never read Lord of the Flies?"

obviously confused it with Peter Pan

"How would u fit all the kids on the island? Plus teachers accomodation and accomodation for parents..

The idea gets better by the hour."

Then you would need facilities to feed everyone, doctors, hospitals etc

The idea gets better by the hour.

Then you would need facilities to feed everyone, doctors, hospitals etc"

If they did that for major crimes like I have listed. They wouldn't need hospitals, doctors, etc.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Thoughts?"

I can't decide if this is a joke, serious or a way to initiate discussion. I do think its a rubbish idea though, not all kids are criminals they are actually real people with personalities, feelings and everything the minority of whom will commit crime (just like the rest of us)so shipping them all off to an island where the cats have no tails isn't an answer to anything. It is a good way to store up massive problems for the future though.

Why view the 'teenager' as if its a different species which has just suddenly spawned. Teenage crime is nothing new.

Personally I have more of an issue with pedophiles and typically their profile is single males over 30 ... ooops gonna need some place bigger than the IOM to castigate that demographic

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I lived in Germany for 4 yrs. over there at the time anyway, if a kid under 14 commits a crime, their parents or legal guardians are held liable and face adult sentencing. Crime by youths there is far less than here and far less serious. Just a thought

That would only work if "hitting" your child was allowed. Otherwise the child would know he would never get punished in any shape or form and a perfectly decent person who has never broke a crime will go to prison for it. Sorry, but I disagree with that "

Well it works there, the point being in order to avoid consequences the adults are better parents!

im going to say count me out!! Nothing and no-one will stop me from kissing my childs head at night and telling her i love her and waking up to her gorgeous smile every mornin i know it wont be like this whilst she is a teenager but i will raise my child to be a respectful well mannered polite well behaved child (as she is already) she will know right from wrong.

I think this plan has failed before it even began.

All the best with it

"I lived in Germany for 4 yrs. over there at the time anyway, if a kid under 14 commits a crime, their parents or legal guardians are held liable and face adult sentencing. Crime by youths there is far less than here and far less serious. Just a thought

That would only work if "hitting" your child was allowed. Otherwise the child would know he would never get punished in any shape or form and a perfectly decent person who has never broke a crime will go to prison for it. Sorry, but I disagree with that

Well it works there, the point being in order to avoid consequences the adults are better parents!

"

So a 13 year old leaves home as he's gone off the rails and his rebelling in a big way. The parents try to support him, but in the end it doesn't work. You saying the parents should go to prison for a crime that the child commits?

To be they should just be more severe on the child and at the right time, for the right reasons. None of this, he takes drugs and supplies, "oh we will give him a small fine". He's mugged an old lady and is part of a gang. "We will give him community service." Bigger the punishment for the right people. They will soon learn. Crime has gone up in he last 50 years because parents/schools aren't allowed to discipline a child that's starting to get out of control.

Why not just put them in black shirts and join a quasi military outfit "to knock some sense into them"?

It's this sort of dicussion that makes me wonder if some people were ever children themselves. I was. A little angel, apparently.

"Why not just put them in black shirts and join a quasi military outfit "to knock some sense into them"?

It's this sort of dicussion that makes me wonder if some people were ever children themselves. I was. A little angel, apparently."

I will openly admit. I was chopsy/lippy, etc. I had my first cigarette and alcoholic drink before the legal age and even got themselves into the odd physical fight over something petty and stupid and I can safely say 99.9% of the people on here and in society have. Its all part of rebelling and I bet everyone who got caught doing it had a bollacking off the person who caught them and their parents too, etc. These things maybe "bad", but aren't proper crimes. So you can give all the love and attention you want to someone. Eventually the things I have mention they will do. It doesn't make them a bad person, just human.

I happen to live in such a small town that you may go to a pub or whatever and you will be almost free of crime. However at a certain time of day (day or night) it seems like nowhere is safe. You get stabbings/druggies/drug dealers, muggers, thieves, even arsonists now and again and what happens. When someone is caught of an offence. What happens? They get a slap on the wrist (minor row), get banned from a building for a month or so. Obviously the "violent" attacks are longer, but it isn't that long before they are back on the streets. So the answer is obvious. Punish them and hand out more severe punishments. Where they suffer emotionally as well as physically.

It's fairly obvious what is needed. The same thing that is needed in education. Stop pissing about with things and return to a datum point where things were better than they were now.

By *lentyoffun40Couple  over a year ago

Lancashire

More adults are subject to asbo orders than young people - fact

Youth offending has been falling year on year , to the point that some jails are now closing or reducing

Once a young person who has served a sentence is released .. What is there for them ? .... Youth unemployment is at an all time high

University's are now nearly all charging 8000 minimum fees , most 9000

Car insurance for under 25's is just ridiculous

How many young people can get on the property ladder?

It's hard enough for young people in society as it is . Throw in a "CRIMINAL record" and what chance have they got?

Some kids nowadays are getting classed as "offenders" for stuff we did as kids that would have led to a severe bollocking and that's it

Before we slate "youth crime " lets just take a step back and have a re think.

By *lentyoffun40Couple  over a year ago

Lancashire

"Not read the whole thread but the best thing to do is spend time with your kids, love them unconditionally, teach them right from wrong, and support them in everything they do.

If all parents did this, it wouldn't solve all the issues in the country but it would be a damn sight better than it is these days!!You beat me to it! "

Have a look at the statistics of young people in prison who are "looked after children"

Shocking!

Who will give these kids a hug and a kiss and praise ?

Lets take a look at the parents , who continue to breed and have several of their kids in care .. And so something about them !

For me they are the ones that need the help an support and in some circumstances punishing ! Not their children who didn't stand a chance from the minute they were conceived !

» Add a new message to this topic