FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Rollover - dont you find it odd...

Rollover - dont you find it odd...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm not one to gamble but often get asked at work to join in a syndicate because 'its a rollover'. I think this happens elsewhere too..

Dont you find it odd when people are tempted to gamble because of a rollover? The reality is some people only gamble because of the rollover if anything there chances are going to go down rather than up due to more players and also surely a 'normal' weeks money is sufficient?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

I'm not one to gamble but often get asked at work to join in a syndicate because 'its a rollover'. I think this happens elsewhere too..

Dont you find it odd when people are tempted to gamble because of a rollover? The reality is some people only gamble because of the rollover if anything there chances are going to go down rather than up due to more players and also surely a 'normal' weeks money is sufficient?"

Don't be daft!!

Who could live on a mere £12 million !!

By *eizvollWoman  over a year ago

in my own little world :-)

"

Don't be daft!!

Who could live on a mere £12 million !! "

If you let me have £12m - I'll try

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"... because of the rollover if anything there chances are going to go down rather than up due to more players...."

Being pedantic, the chances of winning don't change when more people play (summat like 14,000,000:1), but the likelihood of having to split the prize increases with the number of players.

But I like to join in the rollover syndicates at work .... just so as I can fantasise about the boss's problems when NONE OF US turn up at work, cus we've won the jackpot.

"... because of the rollover if anything there chances are going to go down rather than up due to more players....

Being pedantic, the chances of winning don't change when more people play (summat like 14,000,000:1), but the likelihood of having to split the prize increases with the number of players.

But I like to join in the rollover syndicates at work .... just so as I can fantasise about the boss's problems when NONE OF US turn up at work, cus we've won the jackpot."

I think you follow my drift

The odd thing is my boss is pushing us to do it. what do they think will happen if we win?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"... because of the rollover if anything there chances are going to go down rather than up due to more players....

But I like to join in the rollover syndicates at work .... just so as I can fantasise about the boss's problems when NONE OF US turn up at work, cus we've won the jackpot.

The odd thing is my boss is pushing us to do it. what do they think will happen if we win?

"

If he's part of the syndicate and you win a big jackpot, I imagine he'll laugh, collect his cheque, laugh again and bugger off to enjoy it- not giving a shit!

By *otYoungYorkGuyMan  over a year ago

york-north

What irritates me more is when you say no thanks to taking part. It seems to really offend some colleagues. They say what happens if we win, I say I will be very pleased for you all and maybe you can get me a drink when you celebrate your win. Some reactions I get to this from seemingly normal people can be quite bizarre.

"What irritates me more is when you say no thanks to taking part. It seems to really offend some colleagues. They say what happens if we win, I say I will be very pleased for you all and maybe you can get me a drink when you celebrate your win. Some reactions I get to this from seemingly normal people can be quite bizarre. "

I see both sides of this however because if you do win and one person didn't join in then I would admit to feeling a bit sad for them

If he's part of the syndicate and you win a big jackpot, I imagine he'll laugh, collect his cheque, laugh again and bugger off to enjoy it- not giving a shit! "

Funny thing is as regulated entity they couldnt just up sticks. Genuinely dont think they have thought it out

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Roll Over Lay Down" is a song by the British Rock band Status Quo that was released as the A-side of a live EP, Quo Live in 1975. It was released to celebrate the band's 13th anniversary.

*courtesy of the denim appreciation department*

» Add a new message to this topic