FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How can you make

How can you make

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

a silk purse out of a sow's ear?

Semi serious question as this expression always puzzled me.

In one sense it could be seen as making something new (clothes) out of something old - in another it could mean the releasing of potential ina person who has perhaps not had the right opportunities?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i thought it meant you cant make a chav classy or an uggo into a beauty queen

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

You can't - that's the point!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Always thought it meant making something beautiful or better out of something substandard or not so beautiful....making best of something that you have ?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Always thought it meant making something beautiful or better out of something substandard or not so beautiful....making best of something that you have ?

"

"i thought it meant you cant make a chav classy or an uggo into a beauty queen "
I also thought it could mean that as well as other things.

"Always thought it meant making something beautiful or better out of something substandard or not so beautiful....making best of something that you have ?

"

That is what I was wondering? Can you use the saying in that sense and also can you make something beautiful out of something that is not so attractive?

I d say yes, for example building something asthetic from concrete?

That is what I was wondering? Can you use the saying in that sense and also can you make something beautiful out of something that is not so attractive?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....you can chose to see the ugly side of things, both tangible and not or see the positive sides ?...some s are a pain but actually look pretty ?

I d say yes, for example building something asthetic from concrete?"

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....you can chose to see the ugly side of things, both tangible and not or see the positive sides ?...some s are a pain but actually look pretty ?

I d say yes, for example building something asthetic from concrete?"

You know some of my favourite flowers include poppies, danelion, buttercups and a few other flowers generally deemd to be s. Quite agree with you there. Beauty is also beauty within a given context, isnt it?

Of course it is, so realising what is beautiful to you is important....if that's everyday stuff that everyone wants so be it, but there's plenty of other things sat around us, completely free which are beautiful

By * Jay69Man  over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

I think the whole point is that it's impossible, so should not even be attempted.

If you want a silk purse do not start with a pigs ear.

"I think the whole point is that it's impossible, so should not even be attempted.

If you want a silk purse do not start with a pigs ear."

In the case of a silk purse (being made from silk) - I agree you cannot make a pig's ear into a silk purse if you take it literally.

But I think it is possible to see somebody's potential and allow them to grow beyond what they might think of themselves and what other people think possible?

By * Jay69Man  over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

"I think the whole point is that it's impossible, so should not even be attempted.

If you want a silk purse do not start with a pigs ear.In the case of a silk purse (being made from silk) - I agree you cannot make a pig's ear into a silk purse if you take it literally.

But I think it is possible to see somebody's potential and allow them to grow beyond what they might think of themselves and what other people think possible? "

Hear what you are saying - but would use a different expression.

'Rough Diamond'

A cloudy lump of stuff that can be shaped and polished into something very valuable and beautiful.

If you want a silk purse do not start with a pigs ear.In the case of a silk purse (being made from silk) - I agree you cannot make a pig's ear into a silk purse if you take it literally.

But I think it is possible to see somebody's potential and allow them to grow beyond what they might think of themselves and what other people think possible?

Hear what you are saying - but would use a different expression.

'Rough Diamond'

A cloudy lump of stuff that can be shaped and polished into something very valuable and beautiful."

You re probably right - xx

» Add a new message to this topic